• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan

Don't listen to them! Niantic is behind it all! It's an inside job!

Anyway, I completed the Jump-start Quest Line yesterday. My secondary account made it to Level 35, and my main is 1mil away from 40! Didn't really do much else other than complete the quests. I'm somewhat cooling on the game. I wonder if the Team Rocket PVE stuff will bring back my excitement.

Dobbie078

Oct 28, 2017
22 Shinies at GoFest Dortmund, 3 Sandshrew, 3 Larvitar, 1 Magnemite, 2 Bronzor's, 1 Natu, 1 Diglett, 2 Scyther, 2 Nidoran Male, 2 Machop, 3 Meditite's, 1 Aron, 1 Ghastly.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I got 4 shinies yesterday without even going to GO Fest

1 Party Hat Pichu
1 Scyther
1 Slakoth
1 Sandshrew

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No shinies still. Guess my crazy lucky shiny luck during the Alonan spawns had to run out at some point. lol (I caught 10 within like 4 days)

Two 100% Magikarp in a week.

This one is already a level 30 235cp big-boy.
Nice! My 1st 100% was a 10cp magikarp that I go plus. I of course leveled it up fully.
22 Shinies at GoFest Dortmund, 3 Sandshrew, 3 Larvitar, 1 Magnemite, 2 Bronzor's, 1 Natu, 1 Diglett, 2 Scyther, 2 Nidoran Male, 2 Machop, 3 Meditite's, 1 Aron, 1 Ghastly.
Sounds like an awesome success. Esp for those Sandshrews!

I got 4 shinies yesterday without even going to GO Fest

1 Party Hat Pichu
1 Scyther
1 Slakoth
1 Sandshrew
Nice! I so want Sandshrew

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled on a green sandshrew today, I'm still hoping to find an Aron or Kabuto but if not that's fine. Having gotten that party hat Pichu probably won't be topped.

Edit: wait is the event over now?

Last edited:

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Welp that explains why everything just kinda left. Ah well, I'm sure I'll get another shot at Kabuto later in the year.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I have no clue why my shiny luck extends to Aron and Aron alone. Slowly got 3 randomly throughout the year and now got my fourth. Was nice to have the whole evolution line but now I just want my luck to transfer to ones I don't have.

Didn't really get anything fun throughout the events except for a single shiny Nidoran. He'll go nicely next to my single shiny Horsea. Still got all my 7km stocked up so hopefully a Pichu is hiding in one of them.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Today I found even less Nidoran than yesterday, ended up without a shiny even though I did plenty of quests. I did get a surprise Eevee which I'm very happy with. I'm up to Umbreon and Jolteon now, still need plenty more.

Everything about Nidoran this weekend was a bust though. Hardly boosted spawns and quests that didn't even get you a guaranteed encounter. I think there was 1 screen posted in my local discord with a shiny Nidoran that wasn't Dortmund.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Today I found even less Nidoran than yesterday, ended up without a shiny even though I did plenty of quests. I did get a surprise Eevee which I'm very happy with. I'm up to Umbreon and Jolteon now, still need plenty more.

Everything about Nidoran this weekend was a bust though. Hardly boosted spawns and quests that didn't even get you a guaranteed encounter. I think there was 1 screen posted in my local discord with a shiny Nidoran that wasn't Dortmund.

This event sucked balls in Europe tbh. Ruined by Slakoth. :(

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This event sucked balls in Europe tbh. Ruined by Slakoth. :(
It's funny: when I got back into the game, Slaking was one of the last gen 3 Pokémon I added because you don't see Slakoth in the wild here. I pinap'ed every one during events it was featured in and was glad to get it out of 10k's. Now... I'll be happy if I don't see a Slakoth ever again lol

I don't know why Niantic digs a hole like this though. You can guess there's going to be backlash when you time your CD redo on top of another event...

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Caught another shiny Machop today. I'm really lucky with this it seems. 3 shiny out of 750 total seen.

In before Firemind telling me to never complain about not getting shinies again :P

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This event felt like Psyduck weekend. Except at least you could do quests for Nidoran encounters.
Hmm? I found Psyduck to be everywhere that weekend. Found 2 without too much issue.
Caught another shiny Machop today. I'm really lucky with this it seems. 3 shiny out of 750 total seen.

In before Firemind telling me to never complain about not getting shinies again :P
With all the hatching you do, I'm surprised you haven't hatched all the shinies lol.

Actually what is your egg hatch amount at now?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
That's ridic. So even if you were fast incubator 9 7s at a time, 150 would require 17 stacks. Almost 80km and a bunch of money.

No shade on people who whale. But Niantic pls.
The 150 number actually took into account that some of the 7k hatches aren't even eligible to be shiny. It was before Alolans were shiny though so maybe that number dropped down to like 130 or so. :P

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I remember getting my first shiny hatch after around 800 egg hatches, I think, maybe more. It took a while and I didn't even know it was possible until it happened lol. In total I've hatched 13 shinies.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I remember getting my first shiny hatch after around 800 egg hatches, I think, maybe more. It took a while and I didn't even know it was possible until it happened lol. In total I've hatched 13 shinies.
I got my first shiny hatch at like 700. Not had one since but only at 800 now. But my shiny luck is awful anyway. Even with all these slakoths around this weeked, my friend caught 6 in the first hour. Took me 110 before I got mine and it was the very last one I came across. Is not fair I tell you

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I got my first shiny hatch at like 700. Not had one since but only at 800 now. But my shiny luck is awful anyway. Even with all these slakoths around this weeked, my friend caught 6 in the first hour. Took me 110 before I got mine and it was the very last one I came across. Is not fair I tell you

Time to make a new account, your one is cursed. lol

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I was contemplating it. Especially when his little boy started playing this weekend and his very first catch that wasn't his bulbasaur was a shiny slakoth. You do start to wonder. He is like Knight though gets a shiny a day on average.

Knight lives in San Francisco so he has spawns everywhere. With a car you can do so many shiny checks in a day. He lives in PoGo heaven lol.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I traded my bonus purple tuna for Meditite, a shiny that was pretty high on my wishlist. Now when I do get one of my own I can take it straight to Medicham.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
How can you do shiny checks in a car tho 🤔
I do it all the time just bouncing from parking space to parking space. It's by far the most efficient method of shiny hunting.

I haven't been up there in a while but Gettysburg has a ton of parks that are all just one way roads with a parking lane all the way down.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do it all the time just bouncing from parking space to parking space. It's by far the most efficient method of shiny hunting.

I haven't been up there in a while but Gettysburg has a ton of parks that are all just one way roads with a parking lane all the way down.
Yep, I do the same a lot. And the quick catch on android allows for quick catching and even faster shiny checking. It's how I got so many shinies last week for the Alonans.

I actually ran out of reg/great balls and was using my ultra balls (might as well, had 500 of them lol)

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Yep, I do the same a lot. And the quick catch on android allows for quick catching and even faster shiny checking. It's how I got so many shinies last week for the Alonans.

I actually ran out of reg/great balls and was using my ultra balls (might as well, had 500 of them lol)
I stopped using a gotcha/Go+ because the back button on Android is so much faster lol

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped using a gotcha/Go+ because the back button on Android is so much faster lol
It's amazing! And really makes trying to get more stardust a good bit easier too.

Going to make future community days and future vacations where really trying to get somewhere and can't stop for every spawn much easier.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing! And really makes trying to get more stardust a good bit easier too.

Going to make future community days and future vacations where really trying to get somewhere and can't stop for every spawn much easier.
My back button doesnt work on Android version.

NM yes it does, didn't last time I tried.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Random but if you happen to get the gym overlay glitch while waiting for a raid to begin you can not only do the raid but you can also battle the pokemon in the gym at the time. So in theory you could wipe out a gym and have it neutral for the duration of a raid lol.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
My back button doesnt work on Android version.

NM yes it does, didn't last time I tried.
It was something introduced in the latest version of the game. I don't think anyone knows if it's intentional.

Random but if you happen to get the gym overlay glitch while waiting for a raid to begin you can not only do the raid but you can also battle the pokemon in the gym at the time. So in theory you could wipe out a gym and have it neutral for the duration of a raid lol.
I remember getting to the gym battle screen while glitched but it didn't show any defenders to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.