• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, how did you end with 0 seconds? I don't even use a Groudon or a Rhyperior and I can comfortably solo A-chu in neutral weather with, like, Rhydons. lol

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, how did you end with 0 seconds? I don't even use a Groudon or a Rhyperior and I can comfortably solo A-chu in neutral weather with, like, Rhydons. lol
Two Smack Down Tyranny, and a Golem. But I was in the basement of the office so I should try it out with a better connection.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After always having terrible luck and never catching a shiny or hatching one I got 3 shinies in a row yesterday.

I got Shiny Alolan Raichu from raid. Came home and found I hatched a shiny Shinx, and then like 3 minutes later clicked on a random shiny Geodude chilling in my yard.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I meant to flip a gym earlier to get coins for today but I completely flaked so now it feels kinda late to do so.

hergipotter

Oct 28, 2017
Just used a magnetic lure for the first time. Pretty underwhelming... Was hoping for some magnemites to be able to evolve magnezone but not one. Mostly just Nosepasses. One Electabuzz and one Lairon but apart from that nothing I could use...

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Spoofers ruin the game. They should find a better way to outlaw that first.

If they prioritise countermeasures against spoofing then sadly they will never get around to making their game better for the majority of players. Besides, someone spoofing doesn't really affect me, so I'd like them to actually make their damn game better. Better sorting options, remote trades, better UI, increased inventory, increase gift limit etc.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
If they prioritise countermeasures against spoofing then sadly they will never get around to making their game better for the majority of players. Besides, someone spoofing doesn't really affect me, so I'd like them to actually make their damn game better. Better sorting options, remote trades, better UI, increased inventory, increase gift limit etc.
Spoofers affect my experience with the game daily.

pollo

Oct 25, 2017

Most of the people in the private discord I run spoof now. Wasn't like that when we started. Of the 13 people we had in there 1 spoofed. Now 10 do. I hate spoofing. There's one person in there that is prolific in our towns discord and she's always bragging about the shinies she has... yea it's cause you spoof you fucking jerk not much of an accomplishment there 🙄

pollo

Oct 25, 2017
Also I went to go fest Chicago this year and it was awesome! Definitely going again next year

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the people in the private discord I run spoof now. Wasn't like that when we started. Of the 13 people we had in there 1 spoofed. Now 10 do. I hate spoofing. There's one person in there that is prolific in our towns discord and she's always bragging about the shinies she has... yea it's cause you spoof you fucking jerk not much of an accomplishment there 🙄
If you're the admin, ban them from the discord. They'll never learn otherwise.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Spoofers already have the better version of the game, they can do long distance trades and things like that. The answer isn't outlawing them, the answer is making sure the non-spoofers get a better game as well.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Spoofers already have the better version of the game, they can do long distance trades and things like that. The answer isn't outlawing them, the answer is making sure the non-spoofers get a better game as well.
How would enabling long distance trades make the gap between spoofers and non-spoofers smaller? They can trade on a far larger scale (they can befriend the hardcore spoofers who don't want to be friends with casuals) on top of farming species wherever they like. By making spoofers play the game on our terms, you close the gap. That doesn't even include spoofing to gyms which non-spoofers can't do. Or are you suggesting we all should be able to go to any gym as well?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
How would enabling long distance trades make the gap between spoofers and non-spoofers smaller? They can trade on a far larger scale (they can befriend the hardcore spoofers who don't want to be friends with casuals) on top of farming species wherever they like. By making spoofers play the game on our terms, you close the gap.

Spoofers will never play on our terms though. Why would they? And you'll never stop spoofing, there'll always be an app out there.

People spoof because they have the better version of the game. Compare the features they have over ours and it's night and day, unfortunately. Niantic needs to improve their game even if spoofing didn't exist.

Like it's baffling that you can PVP remotely but got a Lucky Friend with someone long distance? You're shit out of luck there.

Imagine how much better the game would be if you and I could trade. I would actually add everyone here to my friends list and send gifts every day! lol.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
There are algorithms to check on suspicious behaviour. They just need to find a way to minimize false positives. Or allow the app to access your apps so they can scan for GPS spoofing apps on your phone.

Because suddenly spoofing isn't the only viable path anymore to get a Carnivine. If I want one now, I can either spoof, pay to travel or pay to get into a limited event.
Your mistake is that you're comparing Go to the mainline games. This is an augmented reality game. Banning spoofing is the right call.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Weren't people being banned for spoofing early in the games life? Did players discover ways to look less suspicious or did Niantic just give up?

My guess is that given the game's waning popularity, they kind of depend on spoofers since they spend a lot more than the average legit player.

Then again aren't they going after one of the spoofing app devs? Some court case apparently.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
My guess is that given the game's waning popularity, they kind of depend on spoofers since they spend a lot more than the average legit player.

Then again aren't they going after one of the spoofing app devs? Some court case apparently.
Would be surprised if they were doing nothing. They went hard after all the radar apps even though they were more QOL since the in game radar is rubbish.

If even half the spoofers went legit it's more people contributing to the community which keeps legit players engaged too. And even legit the game makes money since it bottlenecks like hell if you don't spend anything.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
There are algorithms to check on suspicious behaviour. They just need to find a way to minimize false positives. Or allow the app to access your apps so they can scan for GPS spoofing apps on your phone.

So stopping privacy for the sake of not having spoofers.

Your mistake is that you're comparing Go to the mainline games. This is an augmented reality game. Banning spoofing is the right call.

Banning spoofing is like banning drugs or banning piracy. It is a slogan, not something that is actually feasible.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The game requires your location, storage and your google, facebook or PTC account to function (an email address is required to recover your account which PTC doesn't use). Your privacy is already compromised.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Because suddenly spoofing isn't the only viable path anymore to get a Carnivine. If I want one now, I can either spoof, pay to travel or pay to get into a limited event.
Kinda funny how the only non-cheating options make you go out of your way to create pollution, huh? Even just playing locally, Pokemon Go is a much better and easier game if you use a car.

To me, that's the real problem with the game. Not fucking spoofers.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda funny how the only non-cheating options make you go out of your way to create pollution, huh? Even just playing locally, Pokemon Go is a much better and easier game if you use a car.

To me, that's the real problem with the game. Not fucking spoofers.

What's up with car parks having a high amount of spawns? That seems silly to me.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They need to make it so Best Friends can do remote trades from anywhere. Hell. Make it so there is a BFF status that goes beyond BF and then allow us to do it

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm down for a Team Rocket invasion. And yeah, been trying to be lucky friends with my girlfriend for weeks with no luck so far.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Hippowdon covered. So without a Gible, I have really nothing to walk now. I put on Kyogre as a joke.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
4ac.gif

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So the Pokémon itself is a one and done type deal, but! I still only have one Mewtwo so I'll do more just for the candy, in case the real thing returns. Imagine if they bring back regular Mewtwo (maybe shiny?) after this armored version

Also: the catch xp bonus is live and apparently the event spawnpoints got triggered, so we should get more spawns even if there's no themed event.

Status
Not open for further replies.