• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm still at 0 Gible too. To throw some salt in the wound I spotted my second wild Gible spawn on the radar, but someone was driving back to work from lunch and I couldn't ask to make a detour. I'm really looking forward to that first Gible.

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how close some of y'all are to filling out the dex. I'm assuming there are a bunch of regionals that are tough to get....

I've got a long way to go at 206 caught.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they'll at least surprise us and release the shiny Armored Mewtwo. Would sort of make up for the shit stats and awful look of it.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
What's up with car parks having a high amount of spawns? That seems silly to me.
The fact you can go on rural walks and see absolutely nothing because you're not near a road is so dumb.
Yuuup. Determining spawns based on cell usage was an incredibly stupid idea for a game that's apparently meant to encourage walking.

Hippowdon covered. So without a Gible, I have really nothing to walk now. I put on Kyogre as a joke.
I just walk my trusty old Cranidos because at least it's meta-relevant.

Armored Mewtwo sucks but sadly that isn't much of a surprise. It's just disappointing because my psychic team sucks. Hopefully they bring normal Mewtwo back soon.

And they've confirmed Entei raid day for 4-7pm again (this Sunday if anyone wasn't aware), which isn't as bad as Community Day because cars are basically a requirement to get around all the gyms anyway but just shows Niantic doesn't give a shit about all the complaining.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how close some of y'all are to filling out the dex. I'm assuming there are a bunch of regionals that are tough to get....

I'm at full 151 for Gen I, 99 with missing Heracross for Gen II, 128 needing Illimuse, Relicanth, Torkoal, Tropius, Kecleon, Deoxys and Jirachi for Gen III, 90 needing the regionals, the unreleased legendaries and the Gible line for Gen IV. At 469 with 479 seen so I have almost everything released at least seen with exception of Jirachi and Garchomp.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
My dex is at 468 out of 486 currently available (495 total through Gen IV + Meltan evos). So, I'm missing 18.

Gen I Complete, Gen II Regionals (Heracross, Corsola), Gen III Regionals (Torkoal, Tropius, Relicanth) + Regirock, Registeel, and Jirachi, and Gen IV Regionals (Pachirisu, Chatot), Legendary Regionals (Mesprit, Azelf), Gible family, and I'm waiting for better moves before evolving into Lucario and Gallade. Also, I don't have Let's Go Pikachu (yet), so I don't have Malmetal.

I'm also missing the 9 currently unreleased Pokemon, as is everyone. (Kecleon, Mime Jr., Rotom, Regigigas, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus)

But, yes. Regionals are the biggest gap in my Pokedex.

hergipotter

Oct 28, 2017
I'm at 389 caught which is ok I guess considering I life in a very rural area and never bought anything with real money.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017

I've got a long way to go at 206 caught.
I'm at 464 caught, missing:
Kanto: 2 (Moltres, Mewtwo)
Johto: 3 (Unown, Heracross, Suicune)
Hoenn: 7 (Shedinja, Illumise, Wailord, Torkoal, Seviper, Tropius, Jirachi)
Sinnoh: 10 (Pachirisu, Spiritomb, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Carnivine, Gallade, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran)

I started the game too late to get Shedinja or Spiritomb, started raiding too late to get Heatran and missed out on Moltres and Suicune from the Research Breakthroughs. I've also got more than enough candy to evolve Wailord and Gallade but I'm holding off on them for now. Wailord just in case it pops up in the Jirachi special research and Gallade because Ralts community day should happen at some point.

Same, my psychic team is garbo outside of a hundo Espeon. :(

Sorely tempted to just trade for a SB Mewtwo.
Yeah, a friend in my community offered me a SB Mewtwo today at an EX raid and I'm tempted to accept it. It isn't super useful now that Giratina Origin is out but I'd still like to have one.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm at 470. Of the things currently available to everyone I only need the Gible fam and Melmetal. Aside from that only regionals.

For the research boxes my Ho-oh subscription has changed to Latios it seems. Third in a row.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Typically baffling not to run a raid hour when the bonuses include 1-hour lucky eggs and double raid xp.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Typically baffling not to run a raid hour when the bonuses include 1-hour lucky eggs and double raid xp.

I guess it's because there will be different raid bosses for different regions, depending on time zone? And then people would complain that it isn't fair.

But yeah, sad to be missing out today as it's one of the few evenings I'm actually available.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it's stats are different. If it was just the same with a stupid costume it be pretty lame actually.

Plus, it's powers are being constrained, so this makes sense. Might be decent for PvP, not that I do that though.

So I'm more excited to get this Mewtwo now.

Actually, I'm more excited about Charm. I added it to my Togekiss and my Gardevoirs!

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Not that gym defending is much of a thing anymore, but does Charm make Togekiss a better defender? With Charm + Dazzling Gleam it seems like the perfect Machamp repellent

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
On Pokedex counts

I'm at 460 caught, 475 seen.

The missing, by gen:

Kanto: 0; got everything!

Johto: 4; Heracross, Unown, Corsola, Smeargle

Hoenn: 6; Volbeat, Torkoal, Tropius, Relicanth, Kecleon (duh), Jirachi

Sinnoh: 21; Wormadam, Mime Jr., Chatot, Gible line, Hippowdon, Drapion, Magnezone, Gallade, Probopass, Rotom, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Regigigas, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus

Beyond: 1; Melmetal

And I should have Wormadam, Drapion, Magnezone, and Probopass within days. Beyond that is just legendaries, mythicals, regionals, and unreleased (aside from Gible line and Gallade; I can walk the ONE Hippopotas I found, I guess).

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Knight613 was right, complaining about not getting shinies does work. I said I was on a shiny drought in local group chat then a few machop checks later, bang, 3rd shiny machop of the week :D

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
On Pokedex counts

I'm at 460 caught, 475 seen.

The missing, by gen:

Kanto: 0; got everything!

Johto: 4; Heracross, Unown, Corsola, Smeargle

Hoenn: 6; Volbeat, Torkoal, Tropius, Relicanth, Kecleon (duh), Jirachi

Sinnoh: 21; Wormadam, Mime Jr., Chatot, Gible line, Hippowdon, Drapion, Magnezone, Gallade, Probopass, Rotom, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Regigigas, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus

Beyond: 1; Melmetal

And I should have Wormadam, Drapion, Magnezone, and Probopass within days. Beyond that is just legendaries, mythicals, regionals, and unreleased (aside from Gible line and Gallade; I can walk the ONE Hippopotas I found, I guess).

You can get Smeargle right now without moving from your chair, just whip open the camera and take some snapshots.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Wow I got a shiny Shuppet! That was unexpected.
Is it just me or does this game hand out shinies like candy? I've been playing since Gen 1 and found a total of two shinies in the wild in the mainline games. In PG I'm already at 4 and I only started playing seriously a few weeks ago. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.