• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first lucky friend woo.
He's my best mate too so I can actually trade with him. Took 100's of gifts

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That only works if you are actually playing. Gotcha is perfect for when you are doing anything but playing.
Yeah, but it's still wastes balls. Plus you need to actually to keep lots of reg pokeballs on hand. For me personally, when I remove items when near max storage, re pokeballs the 1st to go. Though, with this new quick catch, I'll be catching much more instead of just removing reg balls

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but it's still wastes balls. Plus you need to actually to keep lots of reg pokeballs on hand. For me personally, when I remove items when near max storage, re pokeballs the 1st to go. Though, with this new quick catch, I'll be catching much more instead of just removing reg balls
Most people I know remove great balls rather than regular balls for this reason.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Given the awful rate of captures for gotcha/go plus, I would rather keep that setting off.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Given the awful rate of captures for gotcha/go plus, I would rather keep that setting off.

I think its more looking at how you use it and what would be the alternative.
I have a gotcha , if I'm walking around its never on - I'm manually catching and checking things as I go.
I use it when I'm driving somewhere - it will catch ~40% of the stuff i pass - it will spin stops and get me stuff - everything it catches and spins are things I'd have missed because i was driving instead.

My girlfriend uses hers when walking - if she's going somewhere she will have it on , phone in her pocket and walk to where she's heading - again anything caught / spun on that trip is a bonus because she'd have not got it any other way.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I think its more looking at how you use it and what would be the alternative.
I have a gotcha , if I'm walking around its never on - I'm manually catching and checking things as I go.
I use it when I'm driving somewhere - it will catch ~40% of the stuff i pass - it will spin stops and get me stuff - everything it catches and spins are things I'd have missed because i was driving instead.

My girlfriend uses hers when walking - if she's going somewhere she will have it on , phone in her pocket and walk to where she's heading - again anything caught / spun on that trip is a bonus because she'd have not got it any other way.
Or when you're out with friends but don't want to be rude by being on your phone all the time. Go+/Gotcha definitely have their uses.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just did my third lucky friend trade and the other guy got a 100, this is now the third 100 I've given over 3 trades, pretty crazy streak!

He got a Dialga, I got a shiny Melmetal. Pretty happy with that as I don't have Let's Go, so dex entry and new shiny.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I went for a month without becoming Lucky Friends with anyone, and then yesterday got it with 3 people lol.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Just hit level 26 with a friend visiting town last night. I can't count the number of times I've put down and picked back up this game... I've had a lot of changes in life over the last couple years (location, job, etc.) and it has honestly had a substantial impact on the transitions involved. It's been said a million times before, but it's so cool to see a game have the same sort of impact on my adult life that the original games did back as a kid.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Beren Your Mewtwos nickname made me lol 😄

img_1389mdju6.png

Last edited:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Just did my third lucky friend trade and the other guy got a 100, this is now the third 100 I've given over 3 trades, pretty crazy streak!

He got a Dialga, I got a shiny Melmetal. Pretty happy with that as I don't have Let's Go, so dex entry and new shiny.

Wow nice. Although I would have gotten a Meltan box for a shiny Meltan instead tbh. But still, nice.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Wow nice. Although I would have gotten a Meltan box for a shiny Meltan instead tbh. But still, nice.

I don't know when or if I'll ever get Let's Go in the first place, outside of PoGo I haven't played games in months :/ Even then I still need a few of those boxes to get enough candy to even evolve Meltan... Right now I can just use the 150 ish candy I have from one box to power up that Melmetal. He wasn't a very hardcore player in general, so that was one of the best options in his (shiny) dex. I'm pretty happy with it. My next lucky trade lined up is with an even more casual player and I've already decided on a shiny eevee or chikorita. I have plenty of good battlers so I don't mind doing trades like that, since I missed out on a year of comm days

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know when or if I'll ever get Let's Go in the first place, outside of PoGo I haven't played games in months :/ Even then I still need a few of those boxes to get enough candy to even evolve Meltan... Right now I can just use the 150 ish candy I have from one box to power up that Melmetal. He wasn't a very hardcore player in general, so that was one of the best options in his (shiny) dex. I'm pretty happy with it. My next lucky trade lined up is with an even more casual player and I've already decided on a shiny eevee or chikorita. I have plenty of good battlers so I don't mind doing trades like that, since I missed out on a year of comm days

That's fair enough. I just hatched a shiny Beldum so I'm considering doing a Lucky trade for a shiny Metagross with Meteor Mash since I missed out on its CD.

On a related note, event-exclusive moves really suck for newer players. ;_;

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha is far from useless, I use mine when driving or if I'm walking about shopping, through town etc and I don't really want to be on my phone. It's caught me a few shinies that I wouldn't have otherwise. My second account lives off the gotcha too lol

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Well, not even a day after I canceled my hotel reservations in Tokyo do I get an email saying I've finally won Yokohama Go Fest tickets! Oh well, I'll just bus in in the morning and bus out in the evening. Day trip!

Anyone else going to Yokohama Go Fest on Thursday? Wanna trade Lake Trio mons or any other regionals? I've got Uxie and others.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I for some reason thought community day way today. Lol

But I did finally get a shiny Nidoran M!

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's really good. Been loading them up on my wife's act since she's low on raid passes.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want a better deal on star pieces.
heh, you should have seen the boxes when they were first introduced that Christmas. Bought a bunch of boxes and had over 200 star pieces. So much I ended up like removing over 100 of them cause there was too many, even with constantly using them.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the go fest is Aug 6 - 12 in Japan. 3 & half weeks from now. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a week or so event in there somewhere. Assuming they aren't saving the Team Rocket stuff for after Go Fest (I assume they are), that could be introduced soon.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Because my 3 premium passes were counted towards the 5 free passes last event.
I think you're confusing something because that isn't how it works. You get one of your 5 free raid passes at a time by even just looking at a gym you haven't raided yet. Unless you're a fellow NZer, then that'd make sense because Niantic fucked up last time and turned the free passes on like 30 minutes late (after turning on Raikou raids 15 minutes late).

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
So is there already a new event announced/scheduled/rumored? I'm again tired of regular spawns.
I could see a water event happening soon, since last summer had one. I kinda thought the new loading screen was hinting it was imminent. Nothing is officially on the horizon until the next Go Fest in August, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.