• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Go | Era Edition

Catch Pokémon in the Real World with Pokémon GO! Explore your town to gather up items from Pokestops & Gyms. Collect Pokemon and battle your way into gyms. Check out the local Raid scenes to meet up with others.

Download from: Apple App Store | Android Play Store.

Returning Players Tips:

Current/Upcoming Events:

Community Day Event - Website Link
Every month will feature a special 3 hour window special event for communities to get together. These times are local to your area, so when it's live in Europe it may not be live in North America yet/etc. Will now be 3pm - 6pm based upon your local timezone. These events feature 3 hour lours, a special Pokemon to catch as well as different bonus and exclusive Move. You will have an extra hour after the event to evolve your newly caught Pokemon for an exclusive move. Each new Community Day Pokemon will have it's shiny variant available!

5NpXr.jpeg

Current Legendaries & Raids

Iz3pBW7.jpg

Friendship & Trading!

After a long wait, Trading is finally here! You can friend anyone in the world, but to do actual trades you will need to be within 100 Meters of that person to do so. Even if you are far away, friending someone is still a nice and good idea. You will start to notice "Gifts" popping from Pokestops. You can take these Gifts and send it to your friends at any time. Among nice little items like Ultra Balls and Max Revives, will be a new 7k egg. These contain new Alohan Pokemon!

If you'd like to add some of your fellow Era Members to your Friend List, Post at least once in this thread a Google Spreadsheet Link. You will see the link just below this section once you do so! Feel free to add yourself too it.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

The Quest System - Special Research

Pokemon-GO-Quest.jpg

Quests are here and they rock! Quests gives you an extra thing to work for with an award that scales with it's difficulty. For example you can be getting a Larvitar for a Throw 3 Excellent Throws in a Row, a Magikarp for 10 Pokemon caught or 5 Berries for catching 5 Pokemon. Remember, you can at any time delete the quest if the quest itself or the reward doesn't seem worth it.

There are 2 types of Quests, Field and Research. Field Quests can be found from any Pokestop (no Gyms though). Each Pokestop will hand out the exact same Quest per day to everyone. So if you find a good quest, like Hatch 5 Eggs for Chansey Quest, you can then share it's location with your friends so they can get it too. Research is sort of Pokemon Go's Story mode. This will be used to get the current Mystical Pokemon like Mew. It will have a bunch of stages with varying degree of difficulty with the end result of getting your very own special Mew!

L2GStZ0.jpg

Jo1U31G.jpg

Weather

Pokemon-GO-Weather-Chart.jpg

Weather now directly plays a part during your gameplay! Depending on the weather in your local area, you can see more frequent spawns of those boosted Pokemon. Not only do these Pokemon appear more often, but all Pokemon of those types will be boosted as well. Meaning +5 levels and higher IVs as well. The max wild boosted Pokemon for lv 30s and above will be lv 35. This can become very useful in saving that precious stardust. All weather boosted Pokemon also award you 25% more stardust upon capture.

Available Shiny Pokemon

jC63oo0.jpg

ERA Leaderboard

Add yourself and compare against each other in how we are all doing.

View Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cv0HvjdIefr9gtJwX58vWmHw9rEKws4pPiECM3aXH6Q/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

geo

Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule
Thanks for the thread!

Still playing, after all this time, but my motivation to engage has kinda died since they introduced legendary raids.

Subscribed!

bladeshimmer

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Gen 3 too, although I hope Niantic continues their focus on fixing bugs. They've made some decent progress in the last little while.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Thanks for making it. I was worried id hsve to make one

We back!

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Nice to see the thread back. I stopped playing a month ago, but the release of gen 3 might entice me to come back and get to level 38. Chasing and catching new Pokemon was always the most fun part for me.

Raids were fun for a moment, but after I while I just felt dissapointed and burnt out. Legends didn't seem special at all.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Raids really made the local scene special. But I'm a little burned out at moment on that too. Legendaries are kinda cool. But mostly worthless. Esp since you can't place in gyms. My Raikou is likely the only 1 I ever really powered up. That one 1 of the few that is special.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is an interesting thread for me.

I was AFK watching football and hanging with the family all last weekend. Went for a Poke walk before my team played on Sat night.

Caught some new Poke so I uploaded a couple screens to abload to post in this thread. That's when I first learned GAF had died.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm throwing a Halloween party tonight. It's Pokémon themed and I've invited most of the local Pokémon go players I've raided with. Should be fun!

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
If y'all in LA you are all welcome to come! Just pm me for details. I usually raid in the West Hollywood / Hollywood area.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hello again from my side.
Got the 780 coins to buy the special incubators today and hatched all eggs I had. 5km eggs were pretty good. 10km was miltank ...

Also I found out about calcy IVs feature to propose the best couters for raids and gyms. Pretty great.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Finally found you guys, muy bien
I have almost 500 Gastly candy. I've love to hit 1000, but I'd have to hardcore grind this weekend, not sure if I can do that.
Will probably hit as many Entei raids as possible this weekend to get a 1900+ Entei.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
I wish more ttars raids would spawn. ;_; Managed to drop by one after work today and there were 40 people there. Most I've seen in a while around my area

Mike Slozchy

Banned for using a prohibited e-mail provider.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really think the majority of people who stopped playing would have remained if there was a trading system by now.

Wish they had made that priority.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a Go OT I can lurk! Good job! 400 Plus Dusskull candies and still not a decent one to evolve.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Friend of mine got the Duskull last night. He now has every shiny.

I got the Sableye but no Duskull yet.

Gonna be grinding hard for 36, just hit 35 on Tuesday and I'm closing in on 700,000

Edit: Just super proud that I finally solo'd an Alakazam raid!

Last edited:

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Friend of mine got the Duskull last night. He now has every shiny.

I got the Sableye but no Duskull yet.

Gonna be grinding hard for 36, just hit 35 on Tuesday and I'm closing in on 700,000

Edit: Just super proud that I finally solo'd an Alakazam raid!
Sweet. Haven't managed to solo it myself but haven't tried it in a while. The last one had focus blast which destroyed me hard.

Twentieth

Oct 26, 2017
Honest question I haven't found an answer for: are cheaters unable to join raids? I've used GPS joystick (never got a pokemon with a mark though) before and the game simply kicks me out of raids every time.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Sweet. Haven't managed to solo it myself but haven't tried it in a while. The last one had focus blast which destroyed me hard.
Zams with Focus Blast... I was a few hits away from beating it. I guess I still have some slight powering up to do. But I was able to do the Future Sight one.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I wish more ttars raids would spawn. ;_; Managed to drop by one after work today and there were 40 people there. Most I've seen in a while around my area

It feels like there's more demand for Tyranitar raids than Entei raids these days, though that could just be because there are far fewer of them. I don't expect this to change much once Suicune hits, either.

Of course, of the two I've been able to do this event, I tried to two-man one of them like an idiot (spoiler: failure) and the one I did today was successful but I caught it on the one throw I forgot to pinap like an idiot.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It feels like there's more demand for Tyranitar raids than Entei raids these days, though that could just be because there are far fewer of them. I don't expect this to change much once Suicune hits, either.

Of course, of the two I've been able to do this event, I tried to two-man one of them like an idiot (spoiler: failure) and the one I did today was successful but I caught it on the one throw I forgot to pinap like an idiot.
From what I gather you need 11 fully powered Machamps to 2-man a Ttar

When do the legendary raids swap again? I really want that Raiku. No one seems to care about Suicune anymore
Tuesday I believe is swap day

Hupfen

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to walk a lot this weekend. Planned a lucky egg for tomorrow's streak day but my 10km eggs are way too low :(

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Did a ton of raids today, caught 10 Entei. Closing in on level 36... found out I am super close to being able to solo Mahcamps. Fun times.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The other night I did three Tyranitar raids in a row, gathering 100 Larvitar candy in total.

Promptly used it on a 100% Larvitar I picked up a few months ago. RIP my stardust

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I posted much about Pokemon Go after the gyms were re-done.

Roll on Gen 3.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
The other night I did three Tyranitar raids in a row, gathering 100 Larvitar candy in total.

Promptly used it on a 100% Larvitar I picked up a few months ago. RIP my stardust
I've been using discord scanners for a while now and they cover a very large area. Some of it is like an hour drive, and still I've never seen a 100% larvitar. That's insanely rare. Jealous af.

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
oh shit shiny duskull/dusclops. more stuff i'll never catch neat.

Add me to that list then, RNG is almost never on my side with this shit. Plenty of regulars around here got multiple Magikarp shinies and Pikachu shinies by now, a few even had Sableye and Duskull ones now, and I am stuck with none still, and I caught ALOT.

Also looking forwrd to wednesday, when that pesky Suicune goes away and to hoping I have more luck with Raikou, Suicune just would not let itself be caught, still have the sole one from the 2nd raid I ever did, after that a whole lot of nothing.
Niantic sure doing their best to get me to kill the app sooner rather than later.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Spent most of the day raiding, think I did 5 Entei's today. Only caught 2 bleh-tiers though. I'm still not having much success with 1900+ ones though. Only seen 3 so far, and the 3rd one I encountered today also ran. I'm going to try again tomorrow, but I've pretty much given up hope. My 86% will have to do.

On another note, I now have 830+ Gastly candies. :D

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Yay, glad to see this thread again. So is the Ex raid stuff still being tested? Because my area has really gotten shafted with those raids so far.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Been grinding hard lately, 36 and still running. Just want that stupid shiny Duskull. Over 750 and still no luck.

Also no EX pass for me. Damn this system, it's awful.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Still haven't bothered with a second Suicune. It is time to bring out Raikou.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't bothered with a second Suicune. It is time to bring out Raikou.
Wait what? Don't skip legendary raids; they are the best exp in the game. If you get in a coordinated group you can do 2, sometimes 3 legendary raids in a single lucky egg, netting 60k + catch exp. This current double candy event is also the best time to catch legendary and rare monsters, as well as transfer the extras for even more candy.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what? Don't skip legendary raids; they are the best exp in the game. If you get in a coordinated group you can do 2, sometimes 3 legendary raids in a single lucky egg, netting 60k + catch exp. This current double candy event is also the best time to catch legendary and rare monsters, as well as transfer the extras for even more candy.
I don't care for experience at this point, I jumped to level 35 recently so there is very little waiting for me. Only will use the lucky egg I earned on a next double xp event.

Status
Not open for further replies.