• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
My daughter's done it again.

I click on a Horsea say "shiny please"

Nothing.

Daughter says "No shiny please"

Gets one. Like wtf

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Are legendaries from research breakthroughs essentially the same as the ones you could get from raids? It usually takes me a while to round out field research, so I've only ever gotten 5 done so far, but the last one was a shiny Groudon, which was pretty neat. Only took two balls to catch too.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Are legendaries from research breakthroughs essentially the same as the ones you could get from raids? It usually takes me a while to round out field research, so I've only ever gotten 5 done so far, but the last one was a shiny Groudon, which was pretty neat. Only took two balls to catch too.
Yes, but the ones in the box are only level 15. So if you get one you'd like to power it's even more dust spent. I usually just pinap them and delete them afterwards, even if they have good IV's.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yeah good thing Turtwig comes with 3x dust because otherwise it would be hard finding motivation to play for the full duration. btw unless the moves cause a shakeup I don't think the 3 gen 4 starters will be worth a lot. With Gen 3 all 3 were top tier for their types, but I don't think we'll be seeing the same upgrade for Torterra, Infernape and Empoleon. Gible will be the big CD to look forward to.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Gutted I missed Cyndaquil and Totodile CD, didn't someone mention they do a boosted day in like December for the years CDs? I mean it sounds like a mess but at least Totodile should be included.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gutted I missed Cyndaquil and Totodile CD, didn't someone mention they do a boosted day in like December for the years CDs? I mean it sounds like a mess but at least Totodile should be included.
Last year it was a boosted weekend for the year's CDs, and an additional further-boosted three hours in a standard CD-style (with triple EXP and stardust and shortened hatch distance, IIRC). So if they repeat that it will be a full weekend again this time, too. Which is useful, because otherwise it can be hard to shiny-hunt if you're only looking for one or two.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Last year it was a boosted weekend for the year's CDs, and an additional further-boosted three hours in a standard CD-style (with triple EXP and stardust and shortened hatch distance, IIRC). So if they repeat that it will be a full weekend again this time, too. Which is useful, because otherwise it can be hard to shiny-hunt if you're only looking for one or two.
I hope they do this, just a shame this year's CDs got nothing on 2018.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do this, just a shame this year's CDs got nothing on 2018.
I mean, Salamence, Mamoswine, Ralts candy, and the Hoenn starters are all worth it so far - not to mention a possible Gible day. It's not like 2018 was all winners either - Pikachu, Mareep, and Chikorita were nothing to write home about.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, Salamence, Mamoswine, Ralts candy, and the Hoenn starters are all worth it so far - not to mention a possible Gible day. It's not like 2018 was all winners either - Pikachu, Mareep, and Chikorita were nothing to write home about.
Mamoswine is a beast but its CD move was only relevant to PvP and it's had boosted spawns a few times since then, so there's been a few opportunities to get it. Blaziken's one of the strongest fire types in the game but those aren't particularly useful. Ralts' CD move was a disappointment IMO. And no way they do Gible this year, not with how rare it still is. My bet is we'll get Porygon in October. So yeah, Salamence is probably the only real must-have CD from this year and even then it's still not as good as Rayquaza.

I'm sure part of it is because I missed out on the 2018 CDs but I don't think the 2019 lineup came close to the 2018 one. Sure it had some low lows, like Mareep and Pikachu, but the highs were much higher. 2019 didn't have anything that came close to Meteor Mash Metagross.

Anyway, I already have a 100% Turtwig, a 100% Piplup and hundreds of candy for all three, so I'm mostly sorted for those CDs. Triple stardust, shinies and having it at a decent time of day should keep me going though.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm waiting for a double candy event to clear out all my Meltans and spare legendaries. It doesn't make a huge difference but it feels like a waste to only get 1 candy each.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
EBcDfh5X4AAl7wb

yay. That's already my second shiny hatch from the special 2 km eggs.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm 3/110 on main and 5/110 on other account. Raid hour was poo for me. :(

I've got like 12 passes left and I won't be buying more so I hope I get one or two more.
I have like 109 passes still. But my real plan I guess is to wait for after Suicune Day to really raid more Rayquaza so that I know how many I can actually raid without buying passes lol.

Dobbie078

Oct 28, 2017
Well went for an hour drive earlier and caught 3 shinies, Growlithe (2nd), Sneasel (4th) and my 3th Poliwag.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mamoswine is a beast but its CD move was only relevant to PvP and it's had boosted spawns a few times since then, so there's been a few opportunities to get it. Blaziken's one of the strongest fire types in the game but those aren't particularly useful. Ralts' CD move was a disappointment IMO. And no way they do Gible this year, not with how rare it still is. My bet is we'll get Porygon in October. So yeah, Salamence is probably the only real must-have CD from this year and even then it's still not as good as Rayquaza.

I'm sure part of it is because I missed out on the 2018 CDs but I don't think the 2019 lineup came close to the 2018 one. Sure it had some low lows, like Mareep and Pikachu, but the highs were much higher. 2019 didn't have anything that came close to Meteor Mash Metagross.

Anyway, I already have a 100% Turtwig, a 100% Piplup and hundreds of candy for all three, so I'm mostly sorted for those CDs. Triple stardust, shinies and having it at a decent time of day should keep me going though.
The moves for Mamoswine and Ralts weren't interesting, but the candy sure as hell was. Not to mention just the general lack of Ralts candy for me. I got some great Mons out of those days.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Found a shiny Drifloon today, which is a great one so I'm happy to add that to the collection. Been clicking on every Sneasel I see but no luck yet, same with Poliwag. 0/29 Ray main, alt 0/9. Will be hitting 40 encounters tomorrow. It's close now... I hope.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of shiny RayRay. Got it on my 6th try. Actually got really lucky and got it on both phones when duoing it.

Totally worth the pain from my back while doing it. lol Just had my 3rd Steroid Lumbar shot, so hopefully I start feeling better now. Been stuck at home for last 2 weeks. Still keeping my research streak going luckily as well. So glad I live next to a gym & pokestop. Sadly not on top of either. lol

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I had only been visiting my most local Pokemon gym on my days off, but I've started taking walks after dinner since it's literally a one mile round trip. Wasn't a bad trip tonight, as I managed to get a 96% Charmander from a Team Rocket grunt. Of course that sets back my quest for my first Charizard a bit, as I'd been walking an 89% for the past couple weeks for candy. Only got one Ash hat Pikachu today, the second would have been tonight but it fled. :(

Annoyingly, when I got to the gym I dropped off a Pokemon as it was already held by my team. But right as I was getting ready to leave I saw some guy walking into the park with his dog and his phone up to his face. The gym on the map immediately started buzzing with fights, and I tapped back in to see one of the other Pokemon's motivation dropped. Instead of going home like I originally would have, I had to walk around the block and wait for him to take the gym to I could immediately knock him back out of it. Jerk move perhaps, but he had basically just done the same to me, so whatever.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Back from Go Fest.

I was a bit overwhelmed by everything available to do immediately. I thought I had prepared enough, but there was a lot of stuff to do upfront. Jirachi Research, Go Fest Research, Catching Unown forms and Chatot, and frequently being asked about trading and becoming friends. I figured going into the event with more than 200 pokeballs (reg, great, ultra) was enough, but with regular catch rates, it took me two hours to blow through them all. You can't really camp spawn points when you need to move around and spin stops to replenish your ball supply, and also hatch eggs and earn candy for quests.

But the trading thing worked out. People asked me about trades quite often because I'm a tall white dude. Everyone wanted Azelf and Mespirt, though I only have Uxie because I live in Japan, like them. They're always a bit surprised when they ask, "Where are you from?" and I reply, "アメリカ出身けど、今住んでいる場所は岐阜県です。" But I traded away 3 Illumise and a Seviper that I caught when I went back in winter. For those four I got, Tropius, Corsola, Torkoal, and Relicanth. I also traded the Registeel on my secondary account to my main with the 50% dust discount. Those 5, plus Jirachi and Chatot added 7 new entries to my Pokedex. :)

I'm only missing 10 released pokemon now, Heracross, Pachirisu, Regirock, Lucario (tho, I could evolve), Gible fam, Mesprit, Azelf, and Melmetal.

Shiny-wise, I only 1 shiny on my main account, 6 on my secondary: Poliwag, Aerodactyl, Bagon (2), Swablu, Lotad, and Alolan Sandshrew. I only saw 4 Alolan Vulpix spawn, but I didn't really spawn camp for too long. I was constantly running out of balls, so I kept moving. Kind of disappointed, I think Knight probably gets more shinies on an average day. But I learned a while ago to never expect to receive anything from this game. Shiny Alolan Sandshrew and Aerodactyl are cool. :)

And yeah, it was hot, but by 3pm it started cooling down. The weather turned windy, so I caught a bunch of boosted Togetics.

X6iYBUY.jpg

Overall, it was fine. Not super amazing, but not bad. I probably would've had a better time if the weather wasn't so hot, and my bus coming into Tokyo wasn't delayed 2 hours because traffic. I ended up arriving around 10:30am.

Eh, no regrets and I'd definitely do it again next year, if possible.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Actually, I do have one regret. I should have brought my Gotcha and Pokeball Plus with to passively try to catch everything that popped up. I probably would've gotten more shinies that way.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Oh, apparently once you begin at one park, you could start going to the other parks and doing the quests there, too. I just stayed at Rinko Park the whole time.

Oh well, I'm still exhausted and coming down from all the heat today.

In other news, I finally caught a shiny Rayquaza on my main account. :D :D My secondary account hatched a 93% IV Shiny Swinub, too. :D

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohh, the Gastly nest in town turned into a Magikarp nest. Unfortunately, it's still infested with real life bears, so they keep telling people to stay out.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Finally got my black Dragon. On my 13th try so not too bad but still it was stressful for me. Now the pressure is off. I'd like a high IV one but it's not super important anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna try and hit up the Montreal Go Fest in September. I did some searching online but I can't find a definitive answer but do you only buy a ticket for the entire weekend or per day with an full weekend option? With work I may be only able to do 1-2 days

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I'm gonna try and hit up the Montreal Go Fest in September. I did some searching online but I can't find a definitive answer but do you only buy a ticket for the entire weekend or per day with an full weekend option? With work I may be only able to do 1-2 days

Not sure about the Montreal one (which is a safari zone i think rather than a go fest ?) but for all the other events you had to apply for a ticket and could only apply for a single day
If you were in the area and did not have a ticket then you could not see / interact with the stops in the park and would get none of the event spawns (*)

(*) for Dortmund there was a number of standard stops still in the park - you could spin those and as every stop had lures there were lured spawns but they were just normal things

Status
Not open for further replies.