• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
New to the game, and need some friends to send gifts to. I have around 20 Pokestops in walking range from my home so if anyone wants daily gifts please add me (7606 2385 2722). Info in the Spreadsheet as well.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Is the witch hat Pikachu always female?

Caught 3 and they've all been female and now I'm wondering if I should search for a male one.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Speaking of shiny RayRay. Got it on my 6th try. Actually got really lucky and got it on both phones when duoing it.

Totally worth the pain from my back while doing it. lol Just had my 3rd Steroid Lumbar shot, so hopefully I start feeling better now. Been stuck at home for last 2 weeks. Still keeping my research streak going luckily as well. So glad I live next to a gym & pokestop. Sadly not on top of either. lol
Glad to hear it only took 6 tries. Hope you get to feeling better so you can get back out there!

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about the Montreal one (which is a safari zone i think rather than a go fest ?) but for all the other events you had to apply for a ticket and could only apply for a single day
If you were in the area and did not have a ticket then you could not see / interact with the stops in the park and would get none of the event spawns (*)

(*) for Dortmund there was a number of standard stops still in the park - you could spin those and as every stop had lures there were lured spawns but they were just normal things
Ok perfect thanks, I will try to get tickets for at least one day.
There's no GoFest in Montreal. It's a Safari Zone.
Sorry.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohhh, I got another Shiny Rayquaza hitting up an out of the way gym after work that happened to have a bunch of people nearby.

Numbers now: 2 on main, 1 on alt. I'm not sure how many I've done. Maybe 35.

A lot of people are thinking the shiny rate is a bit higher than 1/20.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Got an Ex Raid Pass somehow. I've never done one of these before; are they just the same as regular raids?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Got an Ex Raid Pass somehow. I've never done one of these before; are they just the same as regular raids?
The thing that hatches is something exclusive (currently Deoxys Speed Forme) and the pre-scheduled nature of it means you can plan for it in advance. Definitely plan to arrive early and be ready to run it at hatch; at least around here, most people want to get it out of the way immediately, so if you arrive late you might find yourself without a raid party.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The thing that hatches is something exclusive (currently Deoxys Speed Forme) and the pre-scheduled nature of it means you can plan for it in advance. Definitely plan to arrive early and be ready to run it at hatch; at least around here, most people want to get it out of the way immediately, so if you arrive late you might find yourself without a raid party.
Presumably there'll be enough people that I don't need to candy up a specialized team for this right? For reference it's at our mall where on Community Day there were hundreds of players at the mall, so surely I'll be in a 20 person raid right?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Ohhh, I got another Shiny Rayquaza hitting up an out of the way gym after work that happened to have a bunch of people nearby.

Numbers now: 2 on main, 1 on alt. I'm not sure how many I've done. Maybe 35.

A lot of people are thinking the shiny rate is a bit higher than 1/20.

I just got one too. 98% IV. :O

4 on main, 5 on alt out of 120 raids on each. I'm thinking the rate is closer to 1/40 than 1/20 but maybe I've been unlucky on my main? I dunno.

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
If I get another Latias breakthrough I'm going to throw my phone in a lake.

Also! I finally found a shiny Shinx in a raid this morning! 81%, but I'll take it!

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Presumably there'll be enough people that I don't need to candy up a specialized team for this right? For reference it's at our mall where on Community Day there were hundreds of players at the mall, so surely I'll be in a 20 person raid right?
There's a minimum number of invites that are required to go out or the EX raid is not triggered at all. There have always been enough to finish here, though on a couple occasions, just barely because the raid was just at too inconvenient a time and place.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's a minimum number of invites that are required to go out or the EX raid is not triggered at all. There have always been enough to finish here, though on a couple occasions, just barely because the raid was just at too inconvenient a time and place.
Actually hadn't thought of that. This is 1:00-1:45 on a Wednesday that is also the first day of school. Seems super inconvenient.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Actually hadn't thought of that. This is 1:00-1:45 on a Wednesday that is also the first day of school. Seems super inconvenient.

People always show up tbh. I figure people will turn up to that one during their lunch break so you'll be fine.

As always, make sure you're there for hatch or you could miss out.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I just got one too. 98% IV. :O

4 on main, 5 on alt out of 120 raids on each. I'm thinking the rate is closer to 1/40 than 1/20 but maybe I've been unlucky on my main? I dunno.
1/20 seems perfectly fine in your case? If it was 1/40, you'd be rather on the (very) lucky side.

No offense to you but people crying/complaining about shiny rates is one of the most annoying things I've noticed in the Go community. Sometimes you have bad luck, sometimes you get two in a row. It happens, yet people always scream "Niantic changed the rates" so quickly.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
1/20 seems perfectly fine in your case? If it was 1/40, you'd be rather on the (very) lucky side.

No offense to you but people crying/complaining about shiny rates is one of the most annoying things I've noticed in the Go community. Sometimes you have bad luck, sometimes you get two in a row. It happens, yet people always scream "Niantic changed the rates" so quickly.

I just got another one, so 5/124. I was watching Trainer Tips' video and he arrived at the same conclusion, however TSR reckons it's still 1/20 so hmm.

My friend is at 0/58 atm :(

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I just got another one, so 5/124. I was watching Trainer Tips' video and he arrived at the same conclusion, however TSR reckons it's still 1/20 so hmm.

I've watched that too and it was amazing. I like the guy well enough but seeing all those youtubers with their don't know how many shinies being let down was hilarious. They were quick to drop a "shiny rate must have been dropped for raid hour" as well.

Sucks for your friend. On the Entei raid day I went 0/12 while my buddy went 2/5. That's why the system is both great and shite at the same time.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Finally? Oh my sweet summer child. 0/35 on main, 0/10 on alt
Yeah I'm impatient, I know^^

Managed to evolve my shiny Mosly.

Not sure if I should evolve my shiny togepi. It's 87% but I think I wait till I might be able to do a lucky trade with it.

Only other shiny I don't want to evolve is shellder because it looks so cool and cloyster looks like shit. I'm at 119 shiny species otherwise.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Random but of the poketubers whom would you guys say is the most pleasing to watch?
Nick (TrainerTips) is one of the best because he likes to mix things up and doesn't stick to one spot. He's more of a travel vlogger that happens to play PoGo. He was just in Glacier park with a trailer he put together and most of those vids didn't even have PoGo in them but did deliver on the visuals. He even works with a narrative sometimes, his 'hunt for Celebi' series was cool to watch, he went to Japan for that. I'd say out of all of them he is the most creative.

The others are a bit more standard and focus purely on PoGo. ZoeTwoDots is pretty good too, has a good sense of humour. Mystic7 is a nice dude but feels a bit more casual and he's a bit hyperactive sometimes. PkmnMasterHolly is very friendly and her biggest asset is that she really focuses on the community. Like on comm day videos she doesn't see how many shinies she can get, but interviews local players. Unfortunately though there's a lot of sub/comment/like begging in her vids, she does that the most out of everyone. Reversal is ok, his reactions can be funny.

The one I feel puts in the most work is JTValor. That dude goes hard for every shiny release, very dedicated player... who sweats a ton lol

Last edited:

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Just getting back into this game after a long absence. Looking for some friends to add. My code is: 9012 4166 9274

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
RNG is so dumb on shiny raid bosses. I get they want to sell passes but they really could use a pity timer on that.

Yeah, I don't mind shinies being "rare" and not handed out but raid bosses cost money to battle so it's just annoying when someone gets a bunch early and you get nothing.

Random but of the poketubers whom would you guys say is the most pleasing to watch?

My favourites are Trainer Tips and Zoetwodots. I like Brandon Tan's streams as well.

I absolutely can't stand Mystic7 lol. Dude is so hyper.

Last edited:

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017

Anyone trying to come to conclusions on rates using only themselves or even a few people as their sample are going to be wrong.

This is the sort of thing that can only be statistically determined with thousands of samples.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
That and realistically 5/124 is only slightly below the 1/20 rate. You get 1 or 2 more shinies in your next 20 raids and suddenly you're at or above the average.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Just hatched a shiny Togepi and then triggered Lucky Friends with a local friend. Fuck yeah, dudes.

Time for a Lucky Shiny Rayquaza.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Hey Creamium , will you be able to open my gift within the next 22 minutes by chance? 😄I hit Ultra with another friend so I used an egg, but I just realized we two are about to become Ultra as well. 🤦‍♂️
No worries if you can't.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I got 5 Groudons in a row^^, still need Latias and Kyogre.
10441.jpg

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Hey Creamium , will you be able to open my gift within the next 22 minutes by chance? 😄I hit Ultra with another friend so I used an egg, but I just realized we two are about to become Ultra as well. 🤦‍♂️
No worries if you can't.
Saw it too late, I've been in the hospital the entire day. You should have a gift from me, you can open it anytime you want. I don't time for UF anymore, only BF.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Got a weather-boosted Ray, no Shiny yet, so I'll build on the weather-boosted one if I can't get a shiny.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Lol. Really hope I get a Kyogre tomorrow.

So it's been perfect weather boost conditions for Rays today and barely anyone is interested, did a couple in the town centre but apparently it was only cloudy there. Managed to get a 95 so not a complete waste, and hatched a hundo Swablu and Ash hat Pichu which is the cutest thing.

At a music festival next weekend so I'm gonna miss Suicune 😭

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
It's been too windy to raid today. As nice as weather boost is, I would rather not deal with the wind tbh.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
All I've come away with during this Go Fest stuff so far is a perfect Taillow and an Ash Hat Pichu that I didn't have :/

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Just traded with both my daughter's both were lucky lol. Traded my vulpix for a zubat just to do their quests and my aloan geodude for a normal one. Couldn't believe it.

Anyone else's Android version zoomed right back in again? It's fucking up all my throws. Ive been throwing excellent's so easily the last few weeks now they've gone from zoomed right out to super close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.