• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Asking the crowd:

I have a 14-15-14 Shadow Houndoom. Obviously, purifying it turns it into 4*. But Shadow Pokemon look cooler.

So the question for the crowd: Do you purify for a hundred or keep it shadow?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Asking the crowd:

I have a 14-15-14 Shadow Houndoom. Obviously, purifying it turns it into 4*. But Shadow Pokemon look cooler.

So the question for the crowd: Do you purify for a hundred or keep it shadow?
I'd purify it because a level 25 100% Houndoom is a lot cooler to me than a level 5 (or whatever) 95% Houndoom that looks cool. But then I don't really care about looks, I purify or transfer all my Shadow Pokemon.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I'd purify it because a level 25 100% Houndoom is a lot cooler to me than a level 5 (or whatever) 95% Houndoom that looks cool. But then I don't really care about looks, I purify or transfer all my Shadow Pokemon.

Its a level 9 so I'd have to power it up.

How useful is Houndoom? I guess it depends if a 14-15-14 Shadow is better/worse powering up than say a 100% Houndoom is.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Finally hooked up my second phone to the mobile data of my first one. I took it out for two raids. Was fun to get 20 balls on my first account because of it. Considering it was a 5 man raid, and aside from my level 40 the highest was 32 I think it was good to have the damage bonus.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Its a level 9 so I'd have to power it up.

How useful is Houndoom? I guess it depends if a 14-15-14 Shadow is better/worse powering up than say a 100% Houndoom is.
From what I recall, not a great fire attacker but it is the second best dark attacker (albeit behind Tyranitar, so I never really use it). Decent option for a second dark team.

IVs don't really matter that much, so a 14-15-14 one would be fine IF you want to pour a ton of stardust into it. Though having said that, I just remembered that shadow Pokemon are stuck with Frustration as a charged move, so you'd need to buy a second move if you wanted to use it haha.

Anyway, I just hatched a shiny Alolan Sandshrew, one of my favourite Pokemon, so I'm pretty happy right now.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Today was a good day. Did a Ray raid in the early morning and got my first shiny on the alt account. Then later in the afternoon went playing with friends to hunt for shiny Poliwag or Sneasel (nope on both), and I got a shiny Ray for my main account. That was my 38th Ray. Then at the end of the afternoon I got a shiny Luvdisc.

Spawn rates for Poliwag were way too low to get a good shot at one, even if I did check quite a few total. Felt like Nidoran all over again. Not getting Sneasel was disappointing because of the boosted rates ánd getting more checks in than Poliwag. But I got 2 shiny Rays so I'm really happy.

Nov 17, 2017
It seemed to me that there's been more Poliwag spawning than Nidoran, but not by much.

Managed to find a second shiny earlier too, feeling super lucky right now!

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Also holy shit there are SO many visual glitches in the game atm! (iPhone SE here). The new egg hatching screen is messed up (more of an iOS thing I think), literally every pop up is screwed up, with friend's faces showing up as huge or not at all, same with gyms. I also have a weird bug where if I click on the 'you got a gift' pop up, I get a non stop flurry of friend/gifts screens that I all have to click away, it's pretty scary, makes my phone really warm too.

The game also appears to be draining my battery faster than ever before.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I JUST HATCHED A SHINY ALOLAN MEOWTH IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

OI2C19l.png

Last edited:

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Only good thing with all the bugs at the moment is that the game seems to pick up distance travelled on bike as well lol

At home it's rather rural and I need to take my bike because stops are ~200m apart. Normally it only picks up a fraction of the distance unless I ride extremely slowly to the point I might as well walk. Since the last update I'm blasting through eggs. Hatched a 5 km egg in half an hour this morning lol

Reminded me to never buy incubators again as well. There's just so much terrible stuff in them. Of all the eggs I've hatched I got a shiny Pichu and two (terrible) Riolu.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Only good thing with all the bugs at the moment is that the game seems to pick up distance travelled on bike as well lol

At home it's rather rural and I need to take my bike because stops are ~200m apart. Normally it only picks up a fraction of the distance unless I ride extremely slowly to the point I might as well walk. Since the last update I'm blasting through eggs. Hatched a 5 km egg in half an hour this morning lol

Reminded me to never buy incubators again as well. There's just so much terrible stuff in them. Of all the eggs I've hatched I got a shiny Pichu and two (terrible) Riolu.
I will kill for those hatches. Never hatched a Riolu outside of one Adventure Sync egg and I really want shiny Pichu

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Yeah, terrible hatches are constant, and I mean constant reg shrews from 5s and Cleffa/ Diglett from 7s.

Niantic is trolling me at 1.99km for my research quest hatch, so I'll have to wait till morning for that Latias.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a Pokeball Plus? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm curious if the device offers vibration notifications for nearby Pokemon and stops as opposed to just different colored lights. I want to get one for a trip, but I will be outside in the sun most of the time and don't want to have to discern light colors in the bright sun to see what's going on. Does the Pokeball Plus have an option to just vibrate when a Pokemon or Stop is nearby?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a Pokeball Plus? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm curious if the device offers vibration notifications for nearby Pokemon and stops as opposed to just different colored lights. I want to get one for a trip, but I will be outside in the sun most of the time and don't want to have to discern light colors in the bright sun to see what's going on. Does the Pokeball Plus have an option to just vibrate when a Pokemon or Stop is nearby?
The vibrations are different between Pokemon and stops, so you can learn the difference if that's what you mean. The logic for it is quite stupid though, it goes through all nearby Pokemon before trying to go through nearby stops. It really sucks when you're out of balls and it keeps trying to catch a pokemon instead of spinning the stop first.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The vibrations are different between Pokemon and stops, so you can learn the difference if that's what you mean. The logic for it is quite stupid though, it goes through all nearby Pokemon before trying to go through nearby stops. It really sucks when you're out of balls and it keeps trying to catch a pokemon instead of spinning the stop first.

So just to confirm, the device does indeed vibrate when a Pokemon pops up? So if I had it in my pocket, I could just note the vibration and tap the top of the device to try and catch?

Oct 25, 2017

It vibrates for both and each can be toggled on/off

It prioritizes pokemon, I turn off the pokemon vibration when moving at higher speeds so stops can auto spin (auto spin requires a switch and Lets Go game btw)

If you're going to buy it i'd recommend giving it a few test runs to see how well it syncs with your device. Mines requires constant phone and app restarts to sync and even then it's quite inconsistent. When I checked for solutions I saw plenty of other people saying the same.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I was interested in geting the Gotcha until I read that it's against the TOS. And at this point there's no way I would take even a slight risk in getting my account banned.

Nobody has ever gotten banned for using the Gotcha and nobody ever will. It uses Niantic's implementation of Pokemon Go Plus.

There are a lot of things that are technically against the TOS that Niantic can't/won't do anything about.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It vibrates for both and each can be toggled on/off

It prioritizes pokemon, I turn off the pokemon vibration when moving at higher speeds so stops can auto spin (auto spin requires a switch and Lets Go game btw)

If you're going to buy it i'd recommend giving it a few test runs to see how well it syncs with your device. Mines requires constant phone and app restarts to sync and even then it's quite inconsistent. When I checked for solutions I saw plenty of other people saying the same.

So when a Pokemon appears, or a Stop is in range, the device will indeed vibrate? That's really all I'm looking for. Will the vibrations be different for a Stop vs a Pokemon that appers?

Nobody has ever gotten banned for using the Gotcha and nobody ever will. It uses Niantic's implementation of Pokemon Go Plus.

There are a lot of things that are technically against the TOS that Niantic can't/won't do anything about.

Yeah, I know a lot of people use them. I just came across Niantic's response on Twitter on the Gotcha and just don't want to take any chances.

Oct 25, 2017
So when a Pokemon appears, or a Stop is in range, the device will indeed vibrate? That's really all I'm looking for. Will the vibrations be different for a Stop vs a Pokemon that appers?

Yeah, I know a lot of people use them. I just came across Niantic's response on Twitter on the Gotcha and just don't want to take any chances.

Yeah, it vibrates for both. I turned off the pokemon vibration on my first day of use so I couldn't tell you how different they are

Edit: Here's a video demonstrating the pokeball plus, you can hear the difference in vibrations. And it looks like Lets GO isnt needed for auto spin, I thought I had read that somewhere. Or it might be because his is new and Mew is inside.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a weird spot with field research, in that all I seem to be getting is Groudon...

Still need that Latias.

Dobbie078

Oct 28, 2017
Today was a good day. Did a Ray raid in the early morning and got my first shiny on the alt account. Then later in the afternoon went playing with friends to hunt for shiny Poliwag or Sneasel (nope on both), and I got a shiny Ray for my main account. That was my 38th Ray. Then at the end of the afternoon I got a shiny Luvdisc.

Spawn rates for Poliwag were way too low to get a good shot at one, even if I did check quite a few total. Felt like Nidoran all over again. Not getting Sneasel was disappointing because of the boosted rates ánd getting more checks in than Poliwag. But I got 2 shiny Rays so I'm really happy.

Nice, I got mine yesterday too on my main account, took a total of 46 raids to get it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

They would get sued so fast in Europe it would cost them millions.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Pokeball plus is a total shit product regarding its Pokemon Go usability. I got it for cheap with Let's Go and that's the only positive thing I can say about it.

It loses connection way too often, it's bulky and thus especially impossible to use without looking like a doofus in summer, it vibrates way too hard/loudly to use it in a work/silent environment, you have to actually press it to catch a Pokemon and the catch rate is bad to top it of.

I've only used it to spin Pokestops automatically but since one update in April/May that only works sporadically, so I've completely stopped using it. I know little about the gotcha but it can only be better.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Pokeball plus is a total shit product regarding its Pokemon Go usability. I got it for cheap with Let's Go and that's the only positive thing I can say about it.

It loses connection way too often, it's bulky and thus especially impossible to use without looking like a doofus in summer, it vibrates way too hard/loudly to use it in a work/silent environment, you have to actually press it to catch a Pokemon and the catch rate is bad to top it of.

I've only used it to spin Pokestops automatically but since one update in April/May that only works sporadically, so I've completely stopped using it. I know little about the gotcha but it can only be better.
Yeah, it's not really great. Have stopped using it as well. It was ok during winter time but I won't be running around with it during summer.
I might use it again when SwSh launches and you can take Pokémon with you again but I think I will also buy the gotcha. Friends of mine are using it and it seems way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.