• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Starter Pokemon are way too difficult to catch. I usually skip them because it's like they're a trap to trick people into wasting a bunch of items catching them.

There was a Torchic this morning, 492CP that I just needed for candies. This dumb chicken broke out of EIGHT straight curved great throw ultra balls before I caught it on the ninth.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I wonder what the shiny rates for Sneasel are now and if they changed them again? I went to a pretty large nest today and walked around for hours and was sure I was going to find one, but I didn't get any. I checked a ton too. It's pretty far away so I don't think I'll be going for round 2.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Kept some premium passes for this weekend, have been tempted to do more Ray raids to try to get a shiny. The group i'm in probably won't do many raids Friday to save the Friday free pass for Saturday, then have Saturday's pass and the 5 free ones on top of that. On the Entei, i managed about 12-13 raids with one shiny (and caught the shiny on the same gym i tend to get most legendarys shinies from)

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
I wonder what the shiny rates for Sneasel are now and if they changed them again? I went to a pretty large nest today and walked around for hours and was sure I was going to find one, but I didn't get any. I checked a ton too. It's pretty far away so I don't think I'll be going for round 2.
I don't know but I'm interested to hear how it works out for you if you go again. Could just be bad RNG.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I don't know but I'm interested to hear how it works out for you if you go again. Could just be bad RNG.
If these things are 1/60 ish I did have bad luck. I did hatch my 4th shiny scyther lol.

I'm tempted now to go back this weekend to compare, the spawns are pretty decent and I got a 96% high cp Weavile out of it so I at least got something.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Managed 3 raids with my kids and my mate and his kids. He got 96% shiny. Which didn't shock me at all as he gets shinies all the time. Caught 3 for 3. My strongest mamoswines were getting wrecked in seconds. My 100% shiny gardevoir was my MVP and my glaceon even though he died real fast too. Youngest got 2 and my eldest caught 1 because of her ipod restarting the app

Nov 17, 2017
No shinies during raid hour but they were all weather boosted and caught a 96% so I'm happy with that!

Caught a 2nd shiny Murkrow on the way home too!

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So I recently picked up a Pokeball Plus, but I'm having connection issues. I've read that you don't need to have Pokemon Go open in order for the Plus to detect Stops/Pokemon and catch them, but you do have to have Bluetooth enabled.

My Pokeball Plus works fine whenever I have the game open on my phone, but whenever I close out the game, nothing ever happens on my Pokeball Plus. And when I reload Go on my phone, I find that the Pokeball is disconnected. Whenever I close out the app, it disconnects from the Pokeball Plus.

Not sure what's going on.

Oct 25, 2017
So I recently picked up a Pokeball Plus, but I'm having connection issues. I've read that you don't need to have Pokemon Go open in order for the Plus to detect Stops/Pokemon and catch them, but you do have to have Bluetooth enabled.

My Pokeball Plus works fine whenever I have the game open on my phone, but whenever I close out the game, nothing ever happens on my Pokeball Plus. And when I reload Go on my phone, I find that the Pokeball is disconnected. Whenever I close out the app, it disconnects from the Pokeball Plus.

Not sure what's going on.

You can't have the app closed it needs to at least run in the background
If you can see the pokeball plus icon in your notifications it's working

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
You can't have the app closed it needs to at least run in the background
If you can see the pokeball plus icon in your notifications it's working

Ok, that makes sense. I kept reading prior to getting one that "you don't need to have the app opened for it to work", but I guess what they really should have said is that the app does need to be open, but can be minimized.

Still a pretty cool device.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Professor Willow's Global Challenge Ultra Bonus Unlock
Congratulations, Trainers! With all your hard work in successfully completing Spark's, Blanche's, and Candela's challenges, you've unlocked the Ultra Bonus. We're excited to announce that this year, you'll have three weeks of bonuses!

While we can't share all the details yet, we'd like to give you the dates for when the bonuses will arrive. Trainers can expect exciting Pokémon in Eggs and raids, as well as a special bonus each week!

Week 1
September 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 9, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT

Trainers can enjoy a chance to work on their Johto Pokédex while exploring and raiding. Put on your walking shoes, as Pokémon never before seen in Eggs in Pokémon GO will be hatching during this time.

Week 2
September 9, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT

Pokémon from across the globe will join in the celebration this week, along with a special appearance by a Mythical Pokémon that will be available to challenge in raids.

Week 3
September 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 23, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT

Unusual Pokémon will be appearing in the wild during this week. Noteworthy opponents are coming to raids, too. Over the course of the event, you may also be able to add some Pokémon to your Kanto Pokédex that previously eluded you in your part of the world. Venture out to take on challenges and make discoveries. As always, happy exploring, Trainers!

Stay tuned for more details on August 20!

Sounds like:
Week 1: Johto pokemon event
Week 2: Regional event (?) + Deoxys in 5* raids
Week 3: Increased spawns for rare pokemon + Raikou/Entei/Suicune in raids + Kanto regionals in eggs

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I was interested in grinding a bunch of these gift eggs, but damn, I'm only getting one egg out of every 4 or 5 gifts, so that's not working out. Maybe that's for the best, I'm not actually hatching anything good, and there will probably be regionals back in eggs soon to desperately grind.

Sounds like:
Week 1: Johto pokemon event
Week 2: Regional event (?) + Deoxys in 5* raids
Week 3: Increased spawns for rare pokemon + Raikou/Entei/Suicune in raids + Kanto regionals in eggs
It might be the Kanto regionals in Rocket battles, or maybe just the wild. I think it was noticed that Farfetch'd had its shadow form added to the backend recently.

Also, maybe a limited selection of Unown for week 1 or 3?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I was interested in grinding a bunch of these gift eggs, but damn, I'm only getting one egg out of every 4 or 5 gifts, so that's not working out. Maybe that's for the best, I'm not actually hatching anything good, and there will probably be regionals back in eggs soon to desperately grind.

It might be the Kanto regionals in Rocket battles, or maybe just the wild. I think it was noticed that Farfetch'd had its shadow form added to the backend recently.

Also, maybe a limited selection of Unown for week 1 or 3?
Could be the wild, I guess, I just based that on what they did last year. Seems like a decent chance they'll add shiny Kanto regionals, so I'm not sure about team rocket battles.

Unown would make sense for week 3 as the "unusual" pokemon. I'm also hoping we get Johto regionals in week 1 or 2 cause I still need Heracross.

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for adding me j.edge! Can others add me? Doesn't appear to be many people in my location but at least I can send gifts.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Sounds pretty interesting, would be nice to add more regionals to the Pokedex. If they add gen 2-3 I'd be getting mighty close to a full dex.

If they add Deoxys for a week I wonder if the form will be random? Because I'm doing a speed form raid today, I only need the Normal form.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
If they add Deoxys for a week I wonder if the form will be random? Because I'm doing a speed form raid today, I only need the Normal form.
I guess one week for each form would be okay, assuming they aren't releasing the shiny.

Random form raid would be optimal for Arceus with all the different forms I guess.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Getting the regional would be so nice. Sounds like September is going to be packed with awesome events.

Also apparently there's an Adventure Sync 2.0 that's rolling out in some regions which notifies players when a new Pokemon is around.
Yeah, I have it active but I'm only missing the Gible line, so there isn't exactly much for it to notify me about.

I guess one week for each form would be okay, assuming they aren't releasing the shiny.

Random form raid would be optimal for Arceus with all the different forms I guess.
Eh, Deoxys isn't good enough to waste an entire month on it, even if it does have four formes. All I want is the Normal forme to fill in my dex and then I'm done with it.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
A while ago I think I said here that I had a knack for giving people 100's in lucky friend trades and that's still going. In 6 lucky friend trades 5 have been a 100 for the other party. That's pretty crazy.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Eh, Deoxys isn't good enough to waste an entire month on it, even if it does have four formes. All I want is the Normal forme to fill in my dex and then I'm done with it.
Well, I don't care about it at all. But I think for more casual players/raiders in more rural areas, a week per form is hard enough. 4 random forms in a single week sounds like hell, might as well just put it in the research breakthrough to be honest.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I don't care about it at all. But I think for more casual players/raiders in more rural areas, a week per form is hard enough. 4 random forms in a single week sounds like hell, might as well just put it in the research breakthrough to be honest.
Well they only mention it during that one week, so it seems like that's what's happening. I guess they could just release Normal forme in raids and leave Attack/Defence/Speed as EX raid exclusives for now.

My guess is they'll bring back Lugia and Ho-oh for week 1, since it's focused on Johto. Week 2 is obviously Deoxys and whatever formes they decide to release. And then week 3 is Suicune, Raikou and Entei.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As excited as I am to get a Farfetch'd or whatever, I'm not sure how keen I am on making region exclusives available elsewhere, even briefly.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Well they only mention it during that one week, so it seems like that's what's happening. I guess they could just release Normal forme in raids and leave Attack/Defence/Speed as EX raid exclusives for now.

My guess is they'll bring back Lugia and Ho-oh for week 1, since it's focused on Johto. Week 2 is obviously Deoxys and whatever formes they decide to release. And then week 3 is Suicune, Raikou and Entei.
Okay, let's speculate in detail, I haven't done that and it's always fun.

Week one is certainly Johto raids, with the trio getting raid days, Ho-Oh and Lugia seems right.

Week two should be Deoxys, other mythical Pokemon would touch the research ones and unreleased Gen 4, which seems unlikely.

Week 3 is the tricky one. "Noteworthy opponents are coming to raids, too." doesn't give a clear indication for tier 5 raids imo, might also just be new other bosses (Salamence? Gible (lol)?). Week 2's text doesn't really completely rule out the mythical staying longer, only that it's making a "special appearance". Although that admittedly implies it only appearing in week 2.

Will definitely be interesting.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Water festival coming next Friday:
Trainers,

Time to make a big splash! Even if you don't live near the water, you can look forward to Water-type Pokémon coming to you soon in Eggs, raids, Field Research, and the wild.

That's right—the long-awaited Water Festival is back!

Date + Time
  • Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT until Friday, August 30, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT

Features
  • Water-type Pokémon like Magikarp, Wooper, Wailmer, and more will appear more frequently in the wild.
  • The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild around water: Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon.
  • Water-type Pokémon will hatch more often from Eggs.
  • Kingler and Crawdaunt will be able to learn Crabhammer, a Water-type Charged Attack that is newly available in Pokémon GO.
  • If you manage to surf the waves of luck, you might encounter Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach!

Raids
  • Water-type Pokémon like Blastoise, Vaporeon, Lapras, and more will appear in raids.
  • On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, you'll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions!
Bonuses
  • 2× Hatch Candy
  • If you have a Water-type Pokémon as your Buddy, the distance to earn Buddy Candy will be halved.

There's no need to swim or use a fishing rod to encounter these Pokémon, Trainer. All you have to do is get up and GO!

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like we just had a water festival (I know it wasn't) with all the Finneons and Buizel that were around last week.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2x hatch candy is decent, and a shiny magikarp would be nice, but other than that not a lot to interest me.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I actually like the idea of making raid hour a special raid differing from the regular boss a lot! I missed the Mesprit raids earlier, so it's a great opportunity to fill my dex. Should be something to do every week as it would also eliminate the raid hour boss migration problem.

Not so excited about the rest, the go fest spawns already felt like a water event as Qwark said. And dear god if I see even more Barboachs

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Water event is a little whatever given last week, but I'm excited for the Johto rewards. Throw a bunch of shiny Unown in my face, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.