• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Went 2 shinies out of 8 Lickitung raids and encountered about four each wild Audino and Alomomola. Found far fewer wild Chansey and finished five or six quests for them, with no dice.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
So Spotlight hour just started and uh, there's no Pokemon spotlighted. It's just a bunch of extra spawn points spawning all the crappy non-event/weather spawns. Not that I mind, I completely forgot about it until the notification popped up at 6pm, it's just funny.

hergipotter

Oct 28, 2017
What are your battle league stats?

Wins: 60
Fights: 85
Longest streak: 12
Dust earned: 81.440

Actually I was a bit surprised to see the amount of Stardust I earned. Sure battling takes a lot of time but it's fun to me so it seems it's not the worst way to get some stardust.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
What are your battle league stats?

Wins: 60
Fights: 85
Longest streak: 12
Dust earned: 81.440

Actually I was a bit surprised to see the amount of Stardust I earned. Sure battling takes a lot of time but it's fun to me so it seems it's not the worst way to get some stardust.
Wins: 85
Battles: 125
Streak: 9
Dust: 120k

I used a few passes in the early ranks. The extra dust and candy was great. Since I hardly get a chance to raid, I wish I could use the free daily pass for battles.

My alt account is earning around 2k dust just by immediately quitting 5 matches at rank 7. It's worth doing even if you don't enjoy PvP.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Does anyone know if the increased spawns during spotlight hour also increase nesting spawns? I might hit the Scyther nest later if it's the case.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Wins: 149
Battles: 270
Streak: 8
Dust: 198k

I lucked into 2 Audino showing up on my radar at once on Sunday. Quickly got out and grabbed both, one of each gender.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Does anyone know if the increased spawns during spotlight hour also increase nesting spawns? I might hit the Scyther nest later if it's the case.
To answer my own question: Yes!

Grabbed 1 shiny Scyther (which was really bad) but then had to leave early because I saw an Audino on nearby with pretty much a 16 minute timer (because I expected spawns to change at 7 PM) in about the other end of town.

I actually liked spotlight hour a lot. If you have a cool nest near you, I can only recommend going there. Otherwise, the spawns were decent but not really great.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Another Egg event. Woo.....

(I've been busy lately, so haven't posted about my recent trip from last week. I'll do so later)

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'd be more excited for an egg event that reduced the available pool of Pokemon in eggs.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Unpopular opininon: this 7km egg shakeup is actually good. I know 7km eggs have the best shiny rates, etc. But the 7km pool has remained pretty much unchanged since I've restarted playing, so at least a year, if not longer. Now, fossil Pokemon isn't too exciting of a shakeup, especially as we don't expect the headline Pokemon to have good hatch rates. But it's nice to see some variety and you can decide for yourself if you wanna pick up those 7km eggs or completely ignore them.

At this point I'd be more excited for an egg event that reduced the available pool of Pokemon in eggs.
I mean, that's basically what this news is.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opininon: this 7km egg shakeup is actually good. I know 7km eggs have the best shiny rates, etc. But the 7km pool has remained pretty much unchanged since I've restarted playing, so at least a year, if not longer. Now, fossil Pokemon isn't too exciting of a shakeup, especially as we don't expect the headline Pokemon to have good hatch rates. But it's nice to see some variety and you can decide for yourself if you wanna pick up those 7km eggs or completely ignore them.

I mean, that's basically what this news is.
Wait, as in, ONLY those fossil Pokemon are in 7ks and no others? Well damn, guess that's it for me and 7k eggs.

Oct 25, 2017
Everything was 7km eggs stinks

I don't like it one bit.

I'm not going to whale for incubators no matter what is hatching from eggs.

I think it completely goes against the point of the game.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
What a bizarre "event." I guess they're trying to milk Tirtouga and Archen a bit because otherwise who are they even targeting? Shiny hunters sure as hell won't be interested because half those Pokemon can't be shiny and the other half are full odds and the only meta-relevant Pokemon in there is Cranidos, which people have already had more than enough chances to get, especially with the field research the other week.

If they're going to have non-stop egg events all year, at least make some of them 2km egg events.

Edit: I forgot about Aerodactyl. Okay that's one with a boosted shiny rate.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
What a bizarre "event." I guess they're trying to milk Tirtouga and Archen a bit because otherwise who are they even targeting? Shiny hunters sure as hell won't be interested because half those Pokemon can't be shiny and the other half are full odds and the only meta-relevant Pokemon in there is Cranidos, which people have already had more than enough chances to get, especially with the field research the other week.

If they're going to have non-stop egg events all year, at least make some of them 2km egg events.

Edit: I forgot about Aerodactyl. Okay that's one with a boosted shiny rate.
Considering Spark is "on the case", they are clearly building up to something. Maybe Rocket eggs or Go Fest, most likely to party hat Omastar, though. And really, if anyone is burning through incubators on this, it's their own damn fault lol. It's nice for people that want fossil Pokemon, everyone else can avoid them completely. It's a decent shakeup for 7 km eggs. And now that Shieldon isn't in 10 km eggs for now, we can all be happy about the increased odds to hatch a nice Feebas.

I'm not sure about 2 km eggs tbh. I didn't play back when it was a thing. But I imagine it would be even worse for people with no impulse control or gambling addiction? If you're running the infinite incubator only, that's fine, you'll hatch those eggs faster and thus more. But if you're running other (super) incubators as well, you'll burn through a whole adventure box in a day easily. And you don't have a limit to obtaining eggs like you have for 7 km eggs. That sounds more dangerous to me, although it's better on first thought.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Latest update on Android kills the ability to skip gift animations and I already want to never deal with gifts again

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Adventure sync randomly turns off by itself. Awesome
Did you log out? It'll turn itself off (and turn on all sound/music...) whenever you log out. Annoying af.

My adventure sync doesn't seem to be working anymore, even when enabled. At work I can usually get like 4km in a shift. Lately, .01 which is probably just from drift. No idea why, it's enabled and I've tried turning it off and on.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Latest update on Android kills the ability to skip gift animations and I already want to never deal with gifts again
What's really weird is that this only applies when sending gifts, you can still skip everything when receiving. You'd think it would be the other way around considering you don't really "get" something out of it when sending gifts.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about the online PvP is it offsets the shittiness of the TM situation. I just got a lucky Terrakion that I wanted to have Rock Slide. Terrakion has three charge moves, so it shouldn't be hard to get the one I want, right? No. I had to use SIX charge TMs before I got the move I wanted. It literally danced back and forth between the other two moves every time.

The only reason I'm not furious is because the PvP has been giving Charge TMs out like candy.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about the online PvP is it offsets the shittiness of the TM situation. I just got a lucky Terrakion that I wanted to have Rock Slide. Terrakion has three charge moves, so it shouldn't be hard to get the one I want, right? No. I had to use SIX charge TMs before I got the move I wanted. It literally danced back and forth between the other two moves every time.

The only reason I'm not furious is because the PvP has been giving Charge TMs out like candy.
It's true that the situation could be worse, but it remains an absolutely horrible system. Master League is going to be obnoxious, as now many of the Pokemon you use for raids and Rocket battles will need to have their moves changed, and then you've gotta go back and forth depending on usage. Giving TMs out like candy is just slapping on a bandage when there are now so many moves in the pools and so many reasons to change and experiment.

TMs should really just permanently unlock moves that you can switch at will...

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's true that the situation could be worse, but it remains an absolutely horrible system. Master League is going to be obnoxious, as now many of the Pokemon you use for raids and Rocket battles will need to have their moves changed, and then you've gotta go back and forth depending on usage. Giving TMs out like candy is just slapping on a bandage when there are now so many moves in the pools and so many reasons to change and experiment.

I agree. I'm not saying it fixes anything. Just that it's the best part. The best part shouldn't be a band-aid to another shitty system, IMO. But it's all the PvP really offers.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019

Eh, why exactly do you need to change the moves for ML? Or rather for which Pokemon?

From the top ranked options, it's one TM to certainly change into Draco Meteor for Dialga if you run Thunder in PVP. Also, Togekiss needs Dazzling Gleam for raids. But other than that I don't see any need to change moves for. Giratina, Mewtwo, Metagross, Groudon, Kyogre, etc. also run their optimal raid moves in PVP.

Oct 25, 2017
holy moly being able to get 10 sinnoh stones on saturday is definitely a thing i did not see happening

i have never battled before so i don't know what i have to do but you get them just for participating so whatever it takes i am in.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
holy moly being able to get 10 sinnoh stones on saturday is definitely a thing i did not see happening

i have never battled before so i don't know what i have to do but you get them just for participating so whatever it takes i am in.
You can literally just start a match and then quit out.

You do have to walk 15km total in order to be able to do 5 sets of matches though.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, why exactly do you need to change the moves for ML? Or rather for which Pokemon?

From the top ranked options, it's one TM to certainly change into Draco Meteor for Dialga if you run Thunder in PVP. Also, Togekiss needs Dazzling Gleam for raids. But other than that I don't see any need to change moves for. Giratina, Mewtwo, Metagross, Groudon, Kyogre, etc. also run their optimal raid moves in PVP.
I see a number of options that would need changes to be optimized for PVP. Machamp, Articuno, Dragonite, Gardevoir, Togekiss, Blaziken, Mewtwo if you use Confusion. Legendaries would all require playing the TM lottery if you want to use them with coverage and can't afford 2nd charge moves.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Considering Spark is "on the case", they are clearly building up to something. Maybe Rocket eggs or Go Fest, most likely to party hat Omastar, though. And really, if anyone is burning through incubators on this, it's their own damn fault lol. It's nice for people that want fossil Pokemon, everyone else can avoid them completely. It's a decent shakeup for 7 km eggs. And now that Shieldon isn't in 10 km eggs for now, we can all be happy about the increased odds to hatch a nice Feebas.

I'm not sure about 2 km eggs tbh. I didn't play back when it was a thing. But I imagine it would be even worse for people with no impulse control or gambling addiction? If you're running the infinite incubator only, that's fine, you'll hatch those eggs faster and thus more. But if you're running other (super) incubators as well, you'll burn through a whole adventure box in a day easily. And you don't have a limit to obtaining eggs like you have for 7 km eggs. That sounds more dangerous to me, although it's better on first thought.
Building up to something or useless flavour text? Cause while I'm sure shadow eggs are coming soon and I think there's a chance they'll move all the baby Pokemon to that egg pool, I don't really see how they'd be related to the fossil Pokemon. Adventure Week is the usual Fossil event each year but that's still months away.

I guess a 2km egg event might be more dangerous for certain people but then so is having three months of constant 7km egg events and not disclosing the egg pools or odds. There are ways of limiting them though, last August they lowered gift eggs from 7km to 2km, so you were still limited by the number of gifts you could open a day (and whether you even got an egg from them). But based on how rarely Niantic runs 2km egg events, the extra money those players are spending obviously doesn't make up for all the players who aren't willing to use premium incubators on 2km eggs.

Can I walk all 15km at once or do I have to walk 3km, battle, walk 3km, battle, repeat?
You can stack two sets at a time, so the max you'd want to walk is 6km before going through the two sets of 5 battles.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Building up to something or useless flavour text? Cause while I'm sure shadow eggs are coming soon and I think there's a chance they'll move all the baby Pokemon to that egg pool, I don't really see how they'd be related to the fossil Pokemon. Adventure Week is the usual Fossil event each year but that's still months away.

I guess a 2km egg event might be more dangerous for certain people but then so is having three months of constant 7km egg events and not disclosing the egg pools or odds. There are ways of limiting them though, last August they lowered gift eggs from 7km to 2km, so you were still limited by the number of gifts you could open a day (and whether you even got an egg from them). But based on how rarely Niantic runs 2km egg events, the extra money those players are spending obviously doesn't make up for all the players who aren't willing to use premium incubators on 2km eggs.
Guess we'll find out but I don't remember them using something like Spark is on the case without a bit of a "story".

Right, I forgot they might as well put 2 km event eggs in gifts. But yeah, people would obviously still complain about being limited in the number of eggs they can obtain. The Trainertips guy on YouTube said in one of his most recent videos that he talked to Niantic about people hating all those egg events and that Niantic would change it up. Guess we'll see if there's any truth in that.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Philly is close enough that I'm probably still going to go for a day trip so long as I can snag a ticket for Saturday or Sunday. Haven't figured out if the city pass or early access is worthwhile.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Shiny Voltorb? I'd bet they drop the shitty and always existing research task about 2 days after the shiny release and make it incredibly scarce during those 2 days lol

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
The one CD I wanted to put a lot of time in because triple stardust and the country gets hit by a rain storm... To make things much worse, I forgot my umbrella and didn't go back for it because it looked like things were clearing up. But oh well, I got 6 shinies, 200k stardust and made a couple trades, one of which was a lucky 93% Riolu (15/15/12), so it was a pretty great community day even with the rain cutting down on my playing time.