• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question about account linking..I initially logged into Pokemon Go with a Trainer Club account that I have since abandoned. Is there anyway to link my pokemon go account to my new trainer club account?

I also linked Pokemon go to my facebook account today and it looks like there's no reference at all to the trainer club account anymore, or anyway to link it to a new one.

Does the trainer club account even play a part once Pokemon Go is linked to Google or Facebook?

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone TM'd Return out of a purified Pokemon? I mentioned it earlier but I finally got enough Charmander candies to evolve a Charizard, but my more recent purified one is stronger than the standard one I originally planned to evolve. Is Return worth keeping around or should I shoot for something more fire-related since it is supposed to have mainly fire moves?

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Damn man Go really does just muck up a lot of great Pokemon. Knowing that good defensive mons are just bleh is a buzz kill.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, forgot to mention that I have hatched another shiny, my 4th. A Magby. My now 2nd Magby. Just need 1 more!

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Did 31 raids, got 5 shiny. Actually, the very first raid was shiny, but I kept going anyway.

I usually drive for these things but I did a walking group that started at the Worlds venue this time. I'm definitely much more sore than usual.

I'm still a little miffed at DC getting robbed of the traditional Unown event spawns. It's super frustrating that three years on, the nation's capital hasn't gotten a single GO Fest or Safari Zone and when the area finally gets a major event Niantic breaks from tradition just to screw us even more.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only got 3 raids done. No shiny's of course, but I'm not that bothered since it's Suicune. Still a lot of fun to do.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question about account linking..I initially logged into Pokemon Go with a Trainer Club account that I have since abandoned. Is there anyway to link my pokemon go account to my new trainer club account?

I also linked Pokemon go to my facebook account today and it looks like there's no reference at all to the trainer club account anymore, or anyway to link it to a new one.

Does the trainer club account even play a part once Pokemon Go is linked to Google or Facebook?
Pretty sure you can't change Trainer Club accounts, just your Google/Facebook account. And the trainer club account plays the same part it did before linking Google/Facebook, you can still use it to log into your account. It's actually pretty useful if you need to temporarily play on another phone.

Has anyone TM'd Return out of a purified Pokemon? I mentioned it earlier but I finally got enough Charmander candies to evolve a Charizard, but my more recent purified one is stronger than the standard one I originally planned to evolve. Is Return worth keeping around or should I shoot for something more fire-related since it is supposed to have mainly fire moves?
If you actually want to use Charizard, I'd evolve your weaker Charmander for the dex entry now and save the stronger one for the (probable) community weekend in December. Blast Burn is a far better move than Flamethrower. But realistically you probably won't use Charizard much anyway because there aren't that many raid bosses that're weak to fire.

As for Return, it sucks. I think there might be one or two specific cases where Return is useful (Snorlax?) but for the vast majority of Pokemon it's trash.

Do they ever rerun Community Days?
Just the community weekend they had last December and will probably do again this year. But as always with Niantic, things can change on a whim, so you can't rule anything out.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo! Finally caught a Ditto, I can finally move on with the Mew and Celebi researches

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm something like 0 for 20 on shiny Ray.

How long will it stick around?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The unexpected benefit of being Instinct is all the Instinct prizes from the Go scavenger hunt at Worlds was still available.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190818104245923_COVER.jpg

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize Meltan was rare. I have 2 of them right now and transferred one to let's go. I do have the let's go game though.

Nov 17, 2017
Just hatched 8 Bonsly in a row and still no shiny.

Between that and the bullshilt yesterday I think I need to take a break from this game before I hatch yet another Bonsly and throw my phone into the fucking sea.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just hatched 8 Bonsly in a row and still no shiny.

Between that and the bullshilt yesterday I think I need to take a break from this game before I hatch yet another Bonsly and throw my phone into the fucking sea.
Someone in my community deleted the game from his phone yesterday after doing 20+ Suicune raids and not getting a shiny, while seeing the most casual players get 2+.

He's already doing raids again today. But I have to be honest there are times where I wonder why I'm still playing as well, since so much depends on rng in this game.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
An admin on my local discord did 31 raids without a shiny. But they're also like 10/100 on shiny Rayquaza so I figure RNG just caught up to them. They were unamused when I said that though.

Oct 26, 2017
I joined my local FB group and it is absolutely dead. Like once a month someone posts their friend code and that's about it.

Well, for us the FB group is only used to shepherd people to the Discord, because for most people it's probably easier to look at FB first. There's a new overarching Pokemon Go channel for Sweden now that collects all the local channels, which makes it easier to find stuff if you're travelling. Really nice.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Was that a 2018 CD? I doubt pre-2019 CD mons will be applicable for that. I'm guessing it's just a recap of the ones we had this year. :(
I doubt it. One of the good things about Niantic is that they're constantly trying to hook new and returning players into the game and you don't do that by leaving some of the most powerful Pokemon in the game exclusive to 2018. Maybe they'll come up with some other solution, like adding the CD moves to their movesets permanently, but I'm sure there'll be something.

Someone in my community deleted the game from his phone yesterday after doing 20+ Suicune raids and not getting a shiny, while seeing the most casual players get 2+.

He's already doing raids again today. But I have to be honest there are times where I wonder why I'm still playing as well, since so much depends on rng in this game.
Pfft, I have a friend in my community who went:
0/18 Entei
0/17 Raikou
0/11 Rayquaza raid hour #1
0/8 Rayquaza raid hour #2
0/7 Suicune

And that on top of a bunch of other Rayquaza raids outside of the raid hour.

There are enough other people in the community who have far better luck to trade him the ones he missed out on (I'm still holding a shiny Raikou for whenever we go lucky friends next) but he'd obviously prefer to do it himself. He's getting pretty burnt out on the game and playing it a lot less as a result though. To me, this is just what happens when you base so many of your events around shinies and RNG because I'm sure there's others who've had similar luck and also burnt out on it. It's bad game design IMO.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I doubt it. One of the good things about Niantic is that they're constantly trying to hook new and returning players into the game and you don't do that by leaving some of the most powerful Pokemon in the game exclusive to 2018. Maybe they'll come up with some other solution, like adding the CD moves to their movesets permanently, but I'm sure there'll be something.

Pfft, I have a friend in my community who went:
0/18 Entei
0/17 Raikou
0/11 Rayquaza raid hour #1
0/8 Rayquaza raid hour #2
0/7 Suicune

And that on top of a bunch of other Rayquaza raids outside of the raid hour.

There are enough other people in the community who have far better luck to trade him the ones he missed out on (I'm still holding a shiny Raikou for whenever we go lucky friends next) but he'd obviously prefer to do it himself. He's getting pretty burnt out on the game and playing it a lot less as a result though. To me, this is just what happens when you base so many of your events around shinies and RNG because I'm sure there's others who've had similar luck and also burnt out on it. It's bad game design IMO.
That's rough. I feel sorry for him and also this dude: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo..._10/exbe2u4?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

"Entei: 0/20
Raikou: 0/31
Suicune: 0/36"

Someone even commented a 0/41, holy shit. tbh I never would've done 41 Suicune raids since the candy's useless.

You're right in that shinies have a huge emphasis in this game, especially on a raid day like Suicune since it's pretty much the only reason to go out and do the raids. At that point there's also a decent amount of money involved, which hurts motivation even more. Since shinies have a bit of a different status in Go, I wouldn't be against increased odds if you've done 20 encounters or more, especially on a raid day.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Hahaha, adventure sync is definitely broken right now. Finished this week on 110 kilometers, of which I'd say at least 90 are from cycling. Not gonna complain though (unless I get banned).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, adventure sync is definitely broken right now. Finished this week on 110 kilometers, of which I'd say at least 90 are from cycling. Not gonna complain though (unless I get banned).
They increased the speed limit. Whether that was deliberate, nobody knows.

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Hatched 94 eggs this week by only using my single incubator. Not a single shiny unfortunately

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Don't think I have hatched any shinies in this event.

But I did get a 100% Igglybuff and assorted hat Pichu.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 22 Bonsly hatched without a shiny. I lost track of how many eggs I've hatched but it must be well over a hundred by now.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
During the gift event I hatched my fourth shiny Scyther (had to be 5k) and a Bonsly. I didn't even buy extra incubators and only used supers for 10k's and the occasional 5. I'm not buying/hatching extra anymore just for a shiny release... so of course I got it without going hard for it.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017

Been wondering for a bit if having the phone in my pocket while using my recumbent at home would work. Will report back on that in a week when work picks back up and I can work out while having a couple days to myself.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
You fail to believe people can reach 20km/h on a bicycle? Maybe they wanted to accomodate cyclists. Or to finally fix adventure sync. Who knows?

Nov 17, 2017
Between the Suicune raids and the 2K eggs I dread to think how much money I've sunk into this game over the last week or so and with very little to show for it I definitely won't be paying for anything else again - I almost feel angry at myself for wasting so much money, which I think is definitely a sign that I need to take a break for a while.

Just feels so disheartening to put so much effort in and get fuck all out of it.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Been wondering for a bit if having the phone in my pocket while using my recumbent at home would work. Will report back on that in a week when work picks back up and I can work out while having a couple days to myself.
If you're lucky, your fitness tracker will count the movement as steps taken. People even jerk their phone around in a sock to get some kilometers lol

You fail to believe people can reach 20km/h on a bicycle? Maybe they wanted to accomodate cyclists. Or to finally fix adventure sync. Who knows?
What? Why would I question that when I said it's picking up distance when I'm going 20 km/h or more on my bicycle?

I said I fail to believe that this is how it's supposed to work. I could easily reach 200 km "walked" a week with cycling, it's completely screwing up my stats on distance walked. And quite honestly, it's pretty annoying with eggs as they basically all hatch as soon as I open the app, no chance to use star pieces on them anymore for me. Which is okay I guess since I easily hatch 1.5 times a much eggs. But still, that's quite obviously not how it's supposed to work.

And what is there to fix about adventure sync? It has been working perfectly fine before last week.