• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I have 37 Rayquaza candies. Is it better to dump that into a single Rayquaza or spread them out into 2+?

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Most people say save them till you need them. But generally speaking getting your best one as close to 30 as possible would be ideal.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
I'm thinking Rayquaza is probably one of the best dudes I have for Deoxys/Mewtwo. I guess I'll do my highest CP one to 30 first.
Deoxys/Mewtwo are pure psychic so you will want Ghost, Bug, or Dark. Bite/Crunch T-Tar, Feint Attack/Foul Play Weavile, Snarl/Foul Play Houndoom, Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball Banette, Scyther with bug moves. Lots of good options if you lack the optimal counters like Shadow Ball Mewtwo, Gengar, and Giratina.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Deoxys/Mewtwo are pure psychic so you will want Ghost, Bug, or Dark. Bite/Crunch T-Tar, Feint Attack/Foul Play Weavile, Snarl/Foul Play Houndoom, Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball Banette, Scyther with bug moves. Lots of good options if you lack the optimal counters like Shadow Ball Mewtwo, Gengar, and Giratina.
Actually yeah, I just levelled up my Rayquaza (needed to power something up for the Jirachi research anyway) and even though now it's my eighth highest CP Pokemon, he didn't make my top 18 Mewtwo counters (per Poke Genie anyway). Looks like I'm going to get some use out of all those dual dark Arcanine that I have.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
So, Niantic said we'll be able to get a second free raid pass on Saturday and Sunday. Problem is that it's only between 1 PM PT on each day. Now, I'm from Europe which limits when I can pick those up. If I use my free pass tomorrow, I should be able to pick up my second free pass for the day at 10 PM. Then I should be able to use that one and the two I get on Sunday, right? Or am I thinking wrong?

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
What's the fastest current way to level? Trying to catch up to my wife who's level 30, but I'm only 23.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
So, Niantic said we'll be able to get a second free raid pass on Saturday and Sunday. Problem is that it's only between 1 PM PT on each day. Now, I'm from Europe which limits when I can pick those up. If I use my free pass tomorrow, I should be able to pick up my second free pass for the day at 10 PM. Then I should be able to use that one and the two I get on Sunday, right? Or am I thinking wrong?
Yea prolly Sunday and Monday then. Weird but that's prolly how they have to do it.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Currently 0/9 on unown, 39 eggs overall. Bought the incubator box for this week and next, saving 10 for the regionals though since they're a bigger deal. Got three more hatching tomorrow. All-in on this dumb egg event friends. 🤡

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I've picked up 30 eggs, only 3 10ks. Those odds are very validating in my choice to not use limited incubators on 2k or 5k eggs. Why even bother?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I've picked up 30 eggs, only 3 10ks. Those odds are very validating in my choice to not use limited incubators on 2k or 5k eggs. Why even bother?
Oh the other hand, my 3 10k eggs have turned into Unown (T), Dratini, and Unown (L) so...

One more unique Unown and I'll have that [useless] silver medal!

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My Sinnoh Stone nightmare is almost over. Pretty sure I only need Ambipom, Froslass, and Porygon Z. Any chance Porygon gets a community day?

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a change to raid times? I think this is the first time i've seen raids past 8PM
There are 4 around me with 40-50 minutes left.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

731 hatches

170 10K eggs hatched (23.26% 10K egg rate)
7 Unown (One U, two L, one T, three A)
4 Shiny (Mawile, Meditite, Cubone, Psyduck)
~0.96% Unown/egg (out of the 731 total hatches)

and: 1 Gible, 731 hatches. bah gawd.

So yeah, going overboard on eggs still doesn't seem like a good idea. For the regionals next week I may buy a box but I'm thinking about getting Ultra instead of Adventure, since it has 10 supers too. A mix of incubators and passes seems like a good idea with Mewtwo coming up.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Only 7 Unown seems fairly low considering how many people got one in their first 5 10Ks.

Oct 25, 2017
Since whining I've gotten 4 10km eggs

What are the odds on Unown?

Also almost done walking this female Combee. Vespiquen is one of my favorites (bug is one of my favorite types)

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got another Sentret shiny, so now have a nice Furret shiny! Hopefully I get a Gligar soon

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Highlight of my day was hitting a Rocket stop while driving, it was Larvitar, but then I couldn't catch it because my box was full and the was too far away to go back for it.

Second best moment was when I wanted to open gifts but obviously don't want friend eggs. So I check to make sure I have 9 eggs, the one in an incubator is at 0.9/1.0, I double check it to make sure it's not 0.99 or whatever, all good. Go into the friend menu and open a gift, boom 7km egg, wtf, I come out of the menu and the egg hatches. This laggy ass game lol

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Meanwhile in Canadough Potter, you can now buy potions to get more effective traces to catch the same 30 shit encounters for the low, low price of $1.02 Canadian dollars for a single use. What a dumpster fire.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Highlight of my day was hitting a Rocket stop while driving, it was Larvitar, but then I couldn't catch it because my box was full and the was too far away to go back for it.

Second best moment was when I wanted to open gifts but obviously don't want friend eggs. So I check to make sure I have 9 eggs, the one in an incubator is at 0.9/1.0, I double check it to make sure it's not 0.99 or whatever, all good. Go into the friend menu and open a gift, boom 7km egg, wtf, I come out of the menu and the egg hatches. This laggy ass game lol
I'm just not opening gifts right now, don't want to chance anything. Sorry friends, I'll resume opening on Monday.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of 10k egg spins feels real for me. Since Monday morning I've hatched 39, currently incubating 1 (I'm down to my permanent incubator).

After all that I've only found 4 10k eggs. Saving those in order to simply open up space for more.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Got the Raikou Shiny and a Hundo Entei this weekend, but no shiny Entei yet. Doesn't look like I will get one sadly.

Missed the event for it last time so haven't got one yet.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Entei hates me and it's ridiculously unfunny. I'm like 5/12 caught lol

Highlight today was that I had 2 balls left, I hit an excellent curve, game kinda freezes. Continues 30 seconds later and Entei just flees although I have one ball left haha

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Entei hates me and it's ridiculously unfunny. I'm like 5/12 caught lol

Highlight today was that I had 2 balls left, I hit an excellent curve, game kinda freezes. Continues 30 seconds later and Entei just flees although I have one ball left haha
It's possible you actually caught him when that happens. If not, try tapping the gym the raid occurred in to resume the encounter - you have a few minutes leeway to do this.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile in Canadough Potter, you can now buy potions to get more effective traces to catch the same 30 shit encounters for the low, low price of $1.02 Canadian dollars for a single use. What a dumpster fire.

For all the complaints anyone has had about Pokémon Go over the last three years,

Wizards Unite is a mess. That whole game feels like one big experiment on engaging and manipulating the economic power of a fan base. Which yeah I get it, capitalism, but there doesn't seem to be a clear idea behind what the game design should be.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
It's possible you actually caught him when that happens. If not, try tapping the gym the raid occurred in to resume the encounter - you have a few minutes leeway to do this.
I tried everything. Wasn't in my box, couldn't get back in, and the diary said that it fled. No way to prove it, though, so I didn't even bother to contact Niantic.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Got my first flower crown Eevee from research tasks yesterday and it was somehow more depressing than I thought. Got another shiny Sentret though.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
For all the complaints anyone has had about Pokémon Go over the last three years,

Wizards Unite is a mess. That whole game feels like one big experiment on engaging and manipulating the economic power of a fan base. Which yeah I get it, capitalism, but there doesn't seem to be a clear idea behind what the game design should be.

It's really bad. I keep referencing South Park's episode. Ironically, South Park Phone Destroyer is nearly as bad, but Wizards Unite is so fucking bad.

I was trying to keep playing without spending money, but they keep making it worse. Namely in the last month:
1. This new trace potion that takes obscene amounts of potion ingredients.
2. Snowdrop was once an easy thing to grow and effectively made weak Estimulo potions obtainable. But they changed the yield from +3 per snowdrop (there's usually 10 on the map) to +1.
3. Those fucking keys that are basically $1/single use got worse because now you have to unlock all of these dragon eggs at 1km, which means $$$$.

So I stopped.

Pokemon Go in contrast you only need to spend about $50/year to get enough incubators to complete everything.