• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Did one last Mewtwo with today's free pass. Wasn't shiny, low CP, didn't even manage to catch it. Ended with a whimper instead of a bang, but there's always raid hour.

Giratina should be nice because we've been raiding hard for weeks and I can go back to just a couple a week.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Focus Blast Mewtwo is one of the best things to use against Shadow Snorlax, if battling Team Rocket is your thing.
I do battle them if I see them. Skipped the Snorlax battles most of the time, though because I can't be bothered to fight twice and don't need/care for Snorlax candy. But it's good to have another counter.

Yeah, the TM lottery is awful, so I sympathise! I stuck with Thunderbolt for the same reason but have found it useful in some situations.

The normal beasties get Machamp thrown at them anyway :)
I must admit my Machamp game is awful lol I rarely see Machops around here (yay for the new research task) and only have one Machamp that I've evolved and one from a raid (which is awful in raid IVs), both low level. I currently don't need it and I've figured I might as well wait for the Gen 5 fighting guy. Maybe I'll do another Machamp raid or two if they are still there starting tomorrow/today in the US and I get my shiny Giratina.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I ended up with 3/35 for Mewtwo. Haven't been that lucky with a T5 since Groudon last winter when I started playing again. I had a lucky friend trade yesterday which was very anticlimactic: gave him a shiny Mewtwo (12/12/12) and I got my (first) shiny sky attack Moltres (12/12/13). The hundo magic I used to have is gone, I'm down to 5/8 being 100's for the other party. My friend was really disappointed but I don't care about IV's so that Moltres is getting powered whenever I find a use for it. I don't actually know what, maybe it's good for clearing gyms?

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Did a few Mewtwo today no dice but ended up finding a random Yanma. The only one I've seen today too, which makes up for not finding one during the boosted event lol.

Deleted member 59245

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
Anyone else having trouble with their distance tracking? My account hasn't been tracking me at all for eggs and buddies. I have adventure sync on, it kinda updates my weekly goals, but I get nothing for my eggs. Like they're all sitting at zero km, even though the app says I've already done 1.1 km today (which is less than I actually have done). Tried reinstalling the app, changed a bunch of settings on the phone, nothing. Really frustrating.

I noticed the issues when I jumped to iOS 13 don't know if that's a problem.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
That Ex Raid time sounds terrible. Raiding will die down with Giratina, who knows if we even trigger one. Plus, the ex raid days will be Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (most likely) at some bulllshit time like 1 pm. That really sucks.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Eh, if I can do one during that timeframe I'm already happy. I want one trophy SB mewtwo and that's it. That shiny will have some trade value though.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with their distance tracking? My account hasn't been tracking me at all for eggs and buddies. I have adventure sync on, it kinda updates my weekly goals, but I get nothing for my eggs. Like they're all sitting at zero km, even though the app says I've already done 1.1 km today (which is less than I actually have done). Tried reinstalling the app, changed a bunch of settings on the phone, nothing. Really frustrating.

I noticed the issues when I jumped to iOS 13 don't know if that's a problem.
I use android so I'm not sure if it'll work on iOS, but I installed Google Fit, enabled adventure sync and DISABLED battery saver to fix the problem. The last part is important as it apparently prevents the app from tracking steps.

Deleted member 59245

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
I use android so I'm not sure if it'll work on iOS, but I installed Google Fit, enabled adventure sync and DISABLED battery saver to fix the problem. The last part is important as it apparently prevents the app from tracking steps.
The thing is it's counting the steps, it just isn't counting them towards my eggs or buddy. I've walked 1.5 km today according to the game, but everything is at zero. Weekly progress is counted though. It's so weird. Even when walking with the app running it isn't counting anything towards my stuff.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I think the ingame tracker isn't very accurate but, yeah, it is weird it isn't tracking even with the app running. It does have a delay in tracking the distance, but at some point it'll update and count your distance towards your eggs and buddy.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
The thing is it's counting the steps, it just isn't counting them towards my eggs or buddy. I've walked 1.5 km today according to the game, but everything is at zero. Weekly progress is counted though. It's so weird. Even when walking with the app running it isn't counting anything towards my stuff.
I recently saw a post on the silphroad reddit about that. Don't know if there was a solution or what it was, though. Might help you out.

Deleted member 59245

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
So for some reason once I hit 2 km in steps it started to account for them. I'm at 2.4 km and all my eggs are are .4. Really weird, sucks I lost the steps, but I'm glad it's counting again I have a lot of eggs to hatch. :P

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Got a Giratina today, neat. Is he useful for anything (as far as similar type raid attackers, I have two Gengars for ghosts and a Rayquaza and a Salamence for dragons). I only ever see origin form on raid infographics.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Co-worker did over 40 Mewtwo raid without a shiny.
Ever since it dawned on me that raid shinies and egg hatches were essentially gacha systems, I've been upset that the rates don't go up as a player swings and misses, like in other gachas.

(Except if they implemented that, they'd make the base raid shiny rate 1/100 or something to compensate.)

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ugh, the EX Gym in town didn't have a single T5 raid all weekend, and now one pops up while I'm at work and can't escape. Bleh. Hopefully another one will show up tonight. I want to try and get at least one Shadow Ball Mewtwo.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Final personal Mewtwo shiny rate was 1/39.

All my 7km eggs from the event have been hatched. Plenty of Mr. Mime and Kangaskhan, but none shiny.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohhh, finally got a Durant on my way home. :D :D And I found an Oshawott yesterday, too, which bumps me up to 502.

4Wu9tsW.jpg

Just curious, where are you guys with your Pokedex? Which 'mons are you missing?

As mentioned above, I'm at 502 out of the currently 532 pokemon released. I'm missing the following:
Kanto region - 151 out of 151 - complete
Johto region - 99 out of 100 - Only missing Heracross
Hoenn region - 133 out of 134 released - Only missing Regirock
Sinnoh region - 92 out of 99 released - missing Pachirisu, Lucario, Mesprit, Azelf, and the Gible family.
"Unknown" region - 2 out of 2 - Melmetal complete.
Unova region - 25 out of 46 released. Have not caught a Litwick or Golett, but I've gotten at least one of everything else in my region, and evolved many of 'em.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I must admit my Machamp game is awful lol I rarely see Machops around here (yay for the new research task) and only have one Machamp that I've evolved and one from a raid (which is awful in raid IVs), both low level. I currently don't need it and I've figured I might as well wait for the Gen 5 fighting guy. Maybe I'll do another Machamp raid or two if they are still there starting tomorrow/today in the US and I get my shiny Giratina.

We've been blessed with nests, thankfully, and the research tasks/eggs/raids have given me some gooduns. Early on in raids, I was focusing on solos and doing Alakazam -> Machamp -> Tyranitar (duo) was the goal! Less so now!

Conkeldurr joing the party is going to be fun :)

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Just curious, where are you guys with your Pokedex? Which 'mons are you missing?
Kanto region - 150/151 (missing Moltres)
Johto region - 98/100 (missing Heracross and Unown)
Hoenn region - 129/134 (missing Shedinja, Illumise, Torkoal, Seviper and Tropius)
Sinnoh region - 90/99 (missing Pachirisu, Spiritomb, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Carnivine, Mesprit, Azelf and Heatran)
Unova region - 17/46 (missing too many to list)
Unknown - 2/2

Haven't got too many Unova Pokemon but then I've been sick for the last week and have only hatched one 10km egg since the Gen 5 rollout (an Adventure Sync 10km egg because I naively thought Niantic would actually make them useful now). Not that focusing back on 10km eggs will help me based on my luck with Gible and Unown.

Otherwise I'm just missing regionals, events (Shedinja and Spiritomb), Moltres (which I missed because of shitty research breakthrough RNG) and Heatran (which I missed because I didn't join the local community until late December and missed it on the one Heatran raid I did).

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Kanto - 151/151
Johto - 100/100
Hoenn - 133/135 (missing Kecleon, Relicanth)
Sinnoh - 92/102 (missing Mothim, Pachirisu, Mime Jr, Gabite, Garchomp, Carnivine, Rotom, Uxie, Azelf, Regigigas)
Unova Region - 17
Unknown 2/2

Looking forward to those that haven't been released yet to come out - specifically Rotom, which I am half expecting at Halloween. I wonder if at some point the Kanto regionals will be put in eggs permanently, which will see the release of Mime Jr. Kecleon is well past time.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm at 493

Johto region - 98 out of 100 - Heracross and Corsola missing
Hoenn region - 131 out of 134 released - Missing Illumise, Torkoal and Relicanth
Sinnoh region - 92 out of 99 released - missing Pachirisu, Chatot, Carnivine, Uxie, Azelf, and Gible's evolutions.
Unova - 19 caught, starters are more rare than I thought
Unknown: 2/2. I managed to grab a shiny Melmetal in a lucky trade

So I'm mostly missing regionals, otherwise I have a pretty complete dex. I'm waiting to evolve Gible until I can do a lucky trade for it. I don't really go out of my way to collect the regionals, but I've been offered some and always accept that. Really want to do a NYC trip next year so then I can scratch some off the list.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 493

Johto region - 98 out of 100 - Heracross and Corsola missing
Hoenn region - 131 out of 134 released - Missing Illumise, Torkoal and Relicanth
Sinnoh region - 92 out of 99 released - missing Pachirisu, Chatot, Carnivine, Uxie, Azelf, and Gible's evolutions.
Unova - 19 caught, starters are more rare than I thought
Unknown: 2/2. I managed to grab a shiny Melmetal in a lucky trade

So I'm mostly missing regionals, otherwise I have a pretty complete dex. I'm waiting to evolve Gible until I can do a lucky trade for it. I don't really go out of my way to collect the regionals, but I've been offered some and always accept that. Really want to do a NYC trip next year so then I can scratch some off the list.

You want a Corsola?

Kanto: 151
Jotho: 99 - Heracross
Hoenn: 130 - Torkoal, Kecleon, Tropius, Relicanth, Jirachi
Sinnoh: 91 - Pachirisu, Chatot, Carnivine, Uxie, Azelf, Gible Line, Rotom, and unreleased.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK

Only came back to the game in summer so missing all the birds, Lugia, Ho oh, regionals after Kanto, a bunch of low spawn Hoenn stuff and all the Sinnoh legendaries/ mythicals.

Would rather just wait for them than waste dust trading for them, I'm in no rush. Too many spoofers about trying to trade regionals as well.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Do the hemisphere exclusive Pokemon switch periodically? I read that they did, but I thought it said they switch on the equinox. Since they didn't, I looked it up again and now I'm seeing conflicting info.

Edit: If anyone makes a stop in Louisville KY I can trade you a Carnivine. I picked up a bunch when I was in the South but don't have anyone to trade them to lol. Maybe this tourism day event will let us trade non-locally.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Do the hemisphere exclusive Pokemon switch periodically? I read that they did, but I thought it said they switch on the equinox. Since they didn't, I looked it up again and now I'm seeing conflicting info.

Edit: If anyone makes a stop in Louisville KY I can trade you a Carnivine. I picked up a bunch when I was in the South but don't have anyone to trade them to lol. Maybe this tourism day event will let us trade non-locally.
Only Solrock/Lunatone from my experience. Sounds like Seviper/Zangoose were switched a few months after they were introduced but that was a couple years ago, so it kinda looks like they might be permanent now.

Seeing all the people who're missing Chatot is funny to me because from my experience, it's the scourge of the southern hemisphere. Little fuckers are everywhere.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Solrock/Lunatone have switched twice, Minun and Plusle got reunited after a couple of months, Seviper/Zangoose have switched once.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
It's possible that SB Mewtwo will be around longer. The end date on the pokemon website was removed.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Pokedex: 484

Kanto region - 151/151
Johto region - 98/100 (missing Heracross, Corsola)
Hoenn region - 129/134 (missing Volbeat, Zangoose, Tropius, Relicanth, Jirachi)
Sinnoh region - 91/99 (missing Pachirisu, Chatot, Gabite, Garchomp, Lucario, Carnivine, Mesprit, Uxie)*
Unova region - 13/46
Unknown - 2/2

*I have more than enough candy to evolve Garchomp and Lucario, but I'm waiting for good IVs and/or exclusive moves

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I missing every regional except Gen 1, Heracross, and Torkoal. Unless I'm forgetting about other lol.

But I do have a bunch of Unowns, Heracross, and Torkoal from Go Frest and SDCC. If anyone has other regionals and is near Chicago, hit me up :)

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Does anyone know how the shiny chance is handled with eggs? I know that it's decided which Pokemon it is when you receive the egg. Does it also already determine whether it's shiny or does that open when it hatches? Wondering if I'm now stuck with a bunch of shit 7 km eggs or not.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Looks like Heatmor/Durant, Ferroseed, Litwick, and Deino are the cash grabs, absurdly rare mons right now. Even with their relevant weather boost, and 2 of which are night time.

I actually encountered a Ferroseed once, but was too damn stupid to realize how rare it was and did a pinapp and it fled.