• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Pretty much every single gym located within what the game considers a park got an EX tag. We have quite a few parks, and those parks have several gyms. There are still more gyms to check, but we've gone from that single EX raid gym at McDonalds to over 30 EX raid tagged gyms in our small town.

I did a raid at one of the new EX gyms yesterday and got a pass today for Monday (10/21) at 5:30pm! I should be able to make it. Good news since McDonalds seemed like it wasn't giving out EX passes anymore.

Unless things changed recently, you can hold 2 EX passes from the lottery and 2 from friend invites. So 4 passes in total.

Have they changed that?
Maybe only one invite from friends at a time? So, 3 max total.

I've only ever had 2 at a time, none from invited.

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Got a super beefy Larvitar that I purified from Team Rocket. Is Return any good? Is there any way to get something else? It is 15/15/14 so it will be better than my two other TTars
Return sucks. With Larvitar, you've got two options:
1. Sit on it until December and hopefully Niantic will bring back the 2018 community day moves so you'll be able to evolve it to get a rock type attack Tyranitar (Smack Down/Stone Edge).
2. Evolve it now and use TMs to make it a dark type attack Tyranitar (Bite/Crunch).

Both are great, so just go with whichever option you need. If you've already git a team of Rampardos, for example, then Smack Down Tyranitar isn't as useful.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Gigaganon64 in here? Definitely came from Era but the name doesn't seem to be in the spreadsheet. We go ultra(5k) today if you want to time an egg.

EDIT: Found.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
When would ex raid passes for this last Tuesday's raid hour go out?
Should be out by now. I got mine a few hours ago.

Maybe only one invite from friends at a time? So, 3 max total.

I've only ever had 2 at a time, none from invited.
Yes, that's correct. You can hold 3 at a time. 2 invites you've got yourself for the next two weeks, e.g. one for the 13th and one for the 21st, plus one invite from a friend. But if the friend invite is for the 13th as well, your friend can send you one for the 21st after the raid on the 13th has ended. So you can do 4 ex raids in 2 weeks/waves, although you can only hold 3 invites at once.

Writing that, I imagine you might also be able to get another friend invite for the 13th as long as it's at a later time. So if your raid and the invite you got is at 1 PM and there's another one at say 5 PM, I guess you could do more than 2 ex raids per wave. But that sounds like a lot of trouble/luck to get it working lol

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This is probably gonna be the first CD where I don't play for the full 3 hours. Since the 10k thing I got a Trapinch aversion and there's no dust bonus to keep me going.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably gonna be the first CD where I don't play for the full 3 hours. Since the 10k thing I got a Trapinch aversion and there's no dust bonus to keep me going.
Yup. Only so much incentive with only XP bonuses and Flygon barely becoming a top 6 ground attacker. Evolve the best you've got, grab a couple shiny ones, and walk. Plus, EX Raids went out for tomorrow. I got an invite to one smack in the middle of the CD.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since the last egg event (the 7km one), I've only been using my infinity incubator. I can't imagine using my others anymore. I certainly have the money, but with eggs being so horrible and not fun, so not worth it anymore.

Ha, I came to the exact same conclusion. Infinity incubator here on out.

The egg part of the Ultra reward weeks kind of soured me on the game. Here on out I'm going pure casual. I left my raid group chat and I'll just hit up raid hours.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Hatched a shiny Klink. Pokedex entry too since I haven't even done a raid yet.

Also caught a 98% shiny Giratina during the McDonald's raid hour.
Damn I'm in Japan too (Osaka over the weekend so I'll probably avoid the typhoon) but I should've known something was up when I saw a bunch of McDs all have 6pm 5 star Eggs...

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Well, that was a community day. I didn't really play that hard but still ended up with 8 shinies, one of which I traded away to a friend who couldn't play for long.

One good part of it though was that some of the Catch 3 Trapinch tasks rewarded a Trapinch, which is nice if you're looking for ones with good IVs and don't want to waste raid passes. Hopefully they keep doing it for future CDs because it'd be really useful for some of the good CD Pokemon.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Won't be able to play for long today. Hoping for better shiny luck than I've had for my last couple of community days. Think it's been like 1/45 for me for the last couple.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Well, that was a community day. I didn't really play that hard but still ended up with 8 shinies, one of which I traded away to a friend who couldn't play for long.

One good part of it though was that some of the Catch 3 Trapinch tasks rewarded a Trapinch, which is nice if you're looking for ones with good IVs and don't want to waste raid passes. Hopefully they keep doing it for future CDs because it'd be really useful for some of the good CD Pokemon.
The Trapinch task sounds good!

Have you noticed anything regarding different spawns than usual at CDs? Lots of people on reddit complaining that there were only few spawns in city areas but lots of spawns in parks. I'm not too bothered by it as we have a fairly decent big park right in the center of town, so I'm good either way. But could be helpful for other guys in here.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Since the last egg event (the 7km one), I've only been using my infinity incubator. I can't imagine using my others anymore. I certainly have the money, but with eggs being so horrible and not fun, so not worth it anymore.
Yeah same here. Funny enough I've been hatching better things with just my infinity then when I hatch loads with supers

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
The Trapinch task sounds good!

Have you noticed anything regarding different spawns than usual at CDs? Lots of people on reddit complaining that there were only few spawns in city areas but lots of spawns in parks. I'm not too bothered by it as we have a fairly decent big park right in the center of town, so I'm good either way. But could be helpful for other guys in here.
To be honest, I'm not sure. Most of our old cluster spots have been destroyed and there did seem to be more spawns in the park I walk around but it's hard to say if there were more or less overall because I slowed down a lot once I got three shinies and I'm just not used to the new spawn points yet.

I have seen some complaints on reddit that there were a ton of Lillipup's and Patrat's, which was the same here but to me that just seemed like the status quo. There's always seemed to be something wonky with the spawns on community days, whether it's an obvious mistake like Niantic making nests spawn Poochyena instead of Ralts or there just being a ridiculous number of weather boosted spawns.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
To be honest, I'm not sure. Most of our old cluster spots have been destroyed and there did seem to be more spawns in the park I walk around but it's hard to say if there were more or less overall because I slowed down a lot once I got three shinies and I'm just not used to the new spawn points yet.

I have seen some complaints on reddit that there were a ton of Lillipup's and Patrat's, which was the same here but to me that just seemed like the status quo. There's always seemed to be something wonky with the spawns on community days, whether it's an obvious mistake like Niantic making nests spawn Poochyena instead of Ralts or there just being a ridiculous number of weather boosted spawns.
Just finished our CD and it was pretty bad. In the town center, there was very little to the point it made no sense to play. The park was decent but not great. We even went to spots we don't go to as some people on reddit said there were spawns at 'nowhere' places but no such luck. I felt like quitting about halfway through tbh. If there are 6 spawns and only one of those is a Trapinch (who was even weather boosted!) that's just not very exciting as community day.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
CD was a bust in my area. Very little spawns and terrible weather.

Did a lucky trade and got a crap Mewtwo. The other person got a hundo Gible lol.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
What used to be the best spot for CD in my area had its spawns reduced quite a bit. Also a lot of regular spawns instead. Took me a long time to get my first shiny, but ended up with 9. Surprisingly though I got 2 shiny Psyduck in the time I played. Also got my lucky shiny Charmander which is now a Charmeleon waiting for december to come around.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Spawns were awful by me even with the whole park lured up. Didn't get one shiny the whole event then walking back to the car I got 3 in a row lol

My kids didn't get any but I'll lucky trade em my other 2 I evolved eventually. My youngest got her Mew today which was a 96 so she was chuffed anyway

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Sucks that all your spawns got nuked, there were tons in our town centre, lost count of the shinies, evolved a high lv one and gave my hundo Earth Power.

My 10s recently have been bleak tho
Pory
Pory
Pory
Beldum
Beldum
Beldum
Beldum 😭

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I hatched 4 10k's during the event, been a while since I used super incubators but the ultra box had some. Got a Bagon, Absol and 2 Klink. The Klink are nice but was hoping for something I didn't have like Litwick, Ferroseed or Golett. Anyway, going back to infinite only now.

edit: Niantic just tweeted out something about Litwick, pretty much confirms it spawning during the Halloween event.

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished our CD and it was pretty bad. In the town center, there was very little to the point it made no sense to play. The park was decent but not great. We even went to spots we don't go to as some people on reddit said there were spawns at 'nowhere' places but no such luck. I felt like quitting about halfway through tbh. If there are 6 spawns and only one of those is a Trapinch (who was even weather boosted!) that's just not very exciting as community day.
Wow, that sucks. Based on all stories on here and reddit, I guess my community got extremely lucky with our spawns then.

Given how widespread all these complaints seem to be, Niantic will have to do schedule a make-up day. I know they often don't even acknowledge their fuck ups (like APAC Outrage Salamence and Ralts nests), but it sounds like this CD was a disaster for way too many people for them to just ignore. TBH it really sucks how profitable Pokemon Go is because all it does is encourage Niantic to ignore all their problems.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's weird though, it didn't seem like my good grind spot got affected by the spawn changes, but with this CD there were just way less spawns than other CD's. But indeed, looking at Reddit, plenty of people had less spawns than otherwise.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Wow, that sucks. Based on all stories on here and reddit, I guess my community got extremely lucky with our spawns then.

Given how widespread all these complaints seem to be, Niantic will have to do schedule a make-up day. I know they often don't even acknowledge their fuck ups (like APAC Outrage Salamence and Ralts nests), but it sounds like this CD was a disaster for way too many people for them to just ignore. TBH it really sucks how profitable Pokemon Go is because all it does is encourage Niantic to ignore all their problems.
I'm not sure it warrants a make-up for me personally. I still caught plenty but I know I would have been mad if it had been meta-relevant. And I hope for no make-up for the sole reason I've witnessed Slakoth make-up lol

You just know they'd completely butcher the Halloween event spawns.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
I hatched 4 10k's during the event, been a while since I used super incubators but the ultra box had some. Got a Bagon, Absol and 2 Klink. The Klink are nice but was hoping for something I didn't have like Litwick, Ferroseed or Golett. Anyway, going back to infinite only now.

edit: Niantic just tweeted out something about Litwick, pretty much confirms it spawning during the Halloween event.
Hopefully increased spawns and not just a shiny release.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This Community Day sucked. Lures only brought out Lillipups and Patrats and Gulpins and spawns are reduces everywhere. My family of three caught 35 shiny Turtwigs last CD and only 7 shiny Trapinch this one (full three hours in the same area both times).

I bought lucky eggs because of the catch experience boost. Used five lucky eggs to earn about 60k extra experience (over what I would have without them) and that's less than one lucky egg best friend would achieve. Definitely should have done the math on that first.

If they already give 100k for best friends, why not have better experience bonuses for these things?

I got a shiny Natu off an incense though so that's cool

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Oh wow, was just posted on reddit, the infamous SM pier https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...munity_day_santa_monica_pier_spawns_are_dead/
is now reduced to this
6jie48tdt5s31.jpg

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Community day was interesting. There were more Trapinch spawns than normal but not as many as usual community day spawns. Lots of random stuff.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Caught my first Litwick this morning.

Caught 6 shiny Trapinch over 2 hours, which was broken up by an EX raid. Caught a regular 100% Trapinch, too.

Got a second hatched Klink. That's still the only Gen 5 thing I've hatched from either 5k or 10k eggs. Also did a Klink raid for the hell of it. Up to about 80 candy.

A lot of people are reporting this and I'm not sure how they are gonna make amends.
Switch to a system where moves are guaranteed during CD hours but also permanently added to the regular pools and make them TMable. The problem has now been massively alleviated!

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The whole exclusive CD move thing is such bullshit anyway. Absolutely terrible stuff. Niantic and whoever is responsible for that are bad at game design.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
It seems the featured spawn rate is lower this time compared to past CD. I hope this is not the new normal because I'll be less interested if that's the case. I barely use all of my regular poke ball (~60 before CD).

there are also reports that the Trapinch hatch rate from 2km egg is low, so I don't know why Niantic promote it anyway.

but I do see more Team Rocket Go battles around, so I won't be surprised if they said they messed up.

Edit: I also got the CD notifications an hour earlier here at California. It said starts now when it's still 10

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
For 2 hours only had like 2 shiny to show for walking around, but the final hour ended up with 6 more, including a shiny Yanma. At the very least I can say I walked around lol.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got 2 shinies, my wife got like 3. Only played for a little bit, so very successful for me.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
My day immediately started off with a shiny Flower Crown Eevee so everything beyond that was just icing. I'm good with another month of Eevee breakthroughs if I get luck like this.

Ended up with 6 shinies today but I also did a lot of running around and some raids including an EX, so finally have a Shadow Ball Mewtwo. Evolved my perfect Trapinch from Safari Zone too.

Spawns seemed mostly fine but I was downtown so probably hard to tell anyways. Clusters near my house have practically vanished which is going to make future community days where I need to stay in my neighbourhood a pain, but also now I get 2 constant spawns in my house when I got none before so I guess that's a win?