• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
So what's everyone's results from the Halloween event? I got:
5x shinies (Sneasel #2, Sneasel #3, Rattata #3, Shuppet and Cyndaquil)
3x 100%'s (Roselia, Sneasel and Poochyena)

Overall, getting double hatch/catch/transfer candy so close to the Gen 5 release made it a lot of fun, not to mention making Golett widely available (even if it was a hard task), boosting Litwick spawns (even if I would've liked them to be more frequent), bringing back the Spiritomb special research and releasing Darkrai (even if T6's are pretty demoralising).

Biggest disappointment is probably the lack of the Alolan Marowak raid day. I was hoping they simply delayed it because of Japan's CD redo but the complete lack of anything since their accidental announcement makes it seem like they cancelled it entirely.
A shiny gligar. That is all

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Use this trick to cheat them:

A few people in my community finally managed to finish their tasks thanks to it.

Hopefully but I wouldn't be surprised if it just gets delayed to Halloween next year or something.
Thanks! I just did this and cleared out both quests, then rare candied the rest of the way.

It feels like something Niantic would be able to detect. Is this something people get banned for? Maybe something I should have asked before doing it lol

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
6 shiny Yamask
5 shiny costume Pikachu
1 shiny Sneasel
1 shiny Shuppet
1 shiny Sableye
1 shiny Seviper
1 shiny Ekans
1 shiny Aipom
1 shiny Mareep
1 shiny Alolan Meowth
1 shiny Azurill

Pretty decent event I guess.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Anyone on a worse streak of trash 10k than me, hmu

q4CquzK.jpg

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Started this event with a nesting Wailmer (now a Wailord), 3 Sneasel, a Houndour, Drifloon (now Drifblim) and Gastly. Kinda bummed no Mimichu but it's just how it is.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
2 96iv darkrais in 31 raids
100, 98, 96iv litwicks
Hundo sneasel
Hundo murkrow
Hundo drifloon
Hundo sableye
Hundo misdreavus
Only shiny during event is shadow ball mewtwo
Pvp specimens of drifloon, stunky, phanpy
0 costume starters

p.satisfied with the event

Last edited:

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First box opening is an Arcticuno!

Such a relief. Finally after 3 years I'm 151/151 and the pressure is off.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got a Groudon, I much prefer a Groudon to an Eevee or stupid Latios/Latias.

Also, one things Groudon really has going for it, all those great/exellent throw quests? Well, those are so damn easy on Groudons.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
2x Shiny Shuppet (already had 2)
1x Shiny Houndour (already had 2)
1x Shiny Pineco (hatched; already had 2)
1x Shiny Sneasal
1x Shiny Poochyena

I only got 5 wild Litwick. I got more shiny catches than Litwick!

Only acquired one 10k egg during the whole event, and of course it was a Beldum, so no sweet candy boost to anything worthwhile. For that matter, didn't hatch any Gen 5 from the 5k eggs either, but got a couple Tauros :/

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Looks like the Regis have T4 HP.

And here I was fretting about whether we get enough players for the special research tomorrow lol

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Got a Moltres and Unova stone from research this morning. :)

T4 status of the Regis is amazing. They should duoable, right? Poke Genie doesn't seem to give accurate results for them.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing the Lucky Friend notification all over your screen is pretty satisfying and exciting.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, the Colossal pass seems like a complete dud but I still think I'll get it simply because I want to raid the Regi's, the new boxes are garbage and I may as well get the special research and Unova stone too. My opinion of Niantic has never been lower.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Use this trick to cheat them:

A few people in my community finally managed to finish their tasks thanks to it.

Hopefully but I wouldn't be surprised if it just gets delayed to Halloween next year or something.
Definitely trying this later, thanks!!

The event was great for me, got a bunch of candies for things like Tepig and Oshawatt that I don't see enough of. Caught a wild Deino and Golette(and then once I finish the excellent task ill use candies to finish it). Got just enough litwicks too.

Shinys went well with 2 poochs, Shuppet, and a murkrow. I'm very welcome to the spawns changing though, I'll miss the drifloon/stunky task but that's aboutt it

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just did my first Regirock.

If these guys don't calm the fug down and become easier to catch during the event, it's going to be bad times all around.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I got a frickin Groudon on my other account.

But it's ok because I got my 4th Unova Stone on that account too.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
So what's everyone's results from the Halloween event? I got:
5x shinies (Sneasel #2, Sneasel #3, Rattata #3, Shuppet and Cyndaquil)
3x 100%'s (Roselia, Sneasel and Poochyena)

Overall, getting double hatch/catch/transfer candy so close to the Gen 5 release made it a lot of fun, not to mention making Golett widely available (even if it was a hard task), boosting Litwick spawns (even if I would've liked them to be more frequent), bringing back the Spiritomb special research and releasing Darkrai (even if T6's are pretty demoralising).

Biggest disappointment is probably the lack of the Alolan Marowak raid day. I was hoping they simply delayed it because of Japan's CD redo but the complete lack of anything since their accidental announcement makes it seem like they cancelled it entirely.
Only a shiny Shuppet so far. I am wondering if I should use all these Gastly candies to make a 6 Gengar team for raids.

I was worried about the "8 Pokestops you haven't visited before" part of the Spiritomb quest, but luckily I had to do a CLE at my old campus today, and even with only having WiFi on my phone, I managed to probably spin at least two dozen new ones along the way. (Hopefully they don't have that as part of another quest later on.)

I'm annoyed that despite having not missed a single field research stamp day, I got not a single shiny flower Eevee.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Got a shiny Houndour, Shuppet, and Magikarp, pretty good odds for me.

What were the rates for Flower Eevee? I assume standard? That, Mr. Mime, and Delibird are probably my happiest shinies.

Still debating if I'll go out for the research tomorrow, might just do it anyways even if it's lame. A lot of evolutions to do though. Maybe the quests will be easier after the event?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Got a shiny Houndour, Shuppet, and Magikarp, pretty good odds for me.

What were the rates for Flower Eevee? I assume standard? That, Mr. Mime, and Delibird are probably my happiest shinies.

Still debating if I'll go out for the research tomorrow, might just do it anyways even if it's lame. A lot of evolutions to do though. Maybe the quests will be easier after the event?
Odds are the catch/evolve 7 of each type tasks will remain. They'll probably just change the ones that require the Regis.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
What do you mean with easier? Most disappointing thing about the special research is that giu can complete it in like half an hour. The most difficult part is doing 3 Regi raids and even that is pretty easy with T4 stats. There are Pokemon to evolve everywhere.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I ended up getting the pass and regret it. Between me and my friend, we did 25 Regi raids and didn't get a single shiny. Others we raided with did (one who is mad about shinies even got all three) but not us. He managed to get a consolation shiny Aron right before our last raid but I didn't get a thing from the wild, raids or from the event quests. I did get a Regigigas, my third Unova stone, a badge and a hideous pose out of it and I enjoyed hanging out with friends but I don't think it was worth the time or money.

On the plus side, if you are still going to get it or even if you're just going to shiny hunt the Regi's with premium passes, there were an absolute ton of raids all day.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
A whopping total of 6 people signed up in my community to meet up for the regivent so far. I'm not bothering with it because I think the content is not worth it, but the weather is really bad too.

Opened my research box and got a Sinnoh stone... Haven't gotten a single Unova stone since they've been in the boxes. I want to make a Chandelure but that's not happening atm.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
The Colossal event just finished here. Everyone in town that usually plays Pogo had the pass and were tearing through all the Regi raids. I did a total of 14 raids, and got 1 Shiny Regice. Additionally, I got a wild shiny Swinub, and a Shiny Aerodactyl and Skarmory from research.

I was finally able to catch Regirock (+1), and with the questline complete, I got Regigigas (+1). With the Unova stone, I evolved up to Candelure (+1), and with the other one I got from the box this morning, I got Simisage (+1). I also met up with my Lucky Friend, and traded for a Gible, and evolved it to a Gabite (+1). Overall, +5 to the Pokedex! I'm at 522 now. I'm only missing 15 of the released pokemon. :) Still need Heracross and Pachirisu from the guys in town.

The Colossal questline was pretty fun, I thought. It seemed to fit with how you caught Regigigas in the main games. The idea for the event probably started as something they would just release in the game, but they probably couldn't get around how to include raids. 5 free passes wouldn't be enough to ensure that free players could get all 3 Regis. Also the length? 5 free passes wouldn't be enough for a full day of raids. But then 10 free passes was probably too much to give away for free. They should've sold the ticket for half the price. But if that was out of the question, they should've increased shiny rates.

Additionally, the research quests gave an encounter with either Skarmory, Aerodactyl, or Shuckle. The "Win a Raid" quest was most common, with the "Win a Trainer Battle" as second most common. I also got "Trade a Pokemon" semi-often, too. Those were the only Colossal Research quests I saw.

I dunno... I had fun. I'm satisfied. If they do this again with Keldeo, or Shaymin Sky Form, or another Mythical, I would do it again.

Though, my biggest negative was that my iPhone 6S crashed every 5-10 minutes. I would enter a raid, crash. I would trade a pokemon, crash. I would try to battle, crash. Try to spin a stop? Crash. Open up the trading menu? crash. Crash, crash, crash. Probably 10% of my time during the event was going back to the loading screen, booting up the game.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had to abandon the event 25 mins in. No one is showing for raids and it's started raining pretty badly. What was supposed to be a nice walk with my 10 month old had turned into a race to get him home before his cold gets worse.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
I've had to abandon the event 25 mins in. No one is showing for raids and it's started raining pretty badly. What was supposed to be a nice walk with my 10 month old had turned into a race to get him home before his cold gets worse.
That's rough, hope you can get a refund or something.

Are there event spawns live or does my house have 2 points back?