• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hardly an exaggeration to say the stops have been nerfed, a week ago grunts were everywhere and now you can be sat with 30 visible and none are active. That's a nerf.
There is no way that even half of those stops would have a Rocket Leader. Probably like 5 max. So, probably just bad timing.

I went to a crowded park full of stops on Sunday and was able to do like 9 grunts in hour & half. (missed maybe 1 or 2 from not being able to get to it in time)

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
There is no way that even half of those stops would have a Rocket Leader. Probably like 5 max. So, probably just bad timing.

I went to a crowded park full of stops on Sunday and was able to do like 9 grunts in hour & half. (missed maybe 1 or 2 from not being able to get to it in time)
I don't know, rather sounds like you had good timing. In town center, we have roughly 100 stops that you can see. There are usually roughly 10 leaders and actually only 2 Giovannis/decoys (could check the last stat only on one day). I had to go out of my way to do 6 grunt battles in 90-120 minutes and went to stops I rarely visit. And there were spells when I didn't see any rocket stops. I can totally see it being a very dire experience when there are only something like 30 stops.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's good timing for me, then could also be bad timing for others too. Goes both ways. I've def been to the same park and within 30+ minutes saw maybe only 2. (The day before actually) and had to drive all over to get my 6 grunts. My lone pokestop at work would sometimes have several grunts a day and the none for other days (and this way before the Rocket Leaders)

Probably all about timing and luck really. I never said it couldn't be improved, was just arguing that "nerf" was a bit of an over reaction.

Only true thing that been nerfed, are the spawns. Sadly.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Changing the subject (he says innocently.. lol)

For those of you level 40? Have you all started to submit anything interesting in your area yet? I'll need to find my list of good things to submit and bad things to submit.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

For those of you level 40? Have you all started to submit anything interesting in your area yet? I'll need to find my list of good things to submit and bad things to submit.
I haven't submitted anything, but I've reviewed a few things.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
submitted 5 poi nominations last month near my house. it's damn near suburbia so there's a lack of stops. i'd submit more but the cold and dark makes me not want to stay out longer than i need to.
got into wayfarer and reviewed a few already.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
If it's good timing for me, then could also be bad timing for others too. Goes both ways. I've def been to the same park and within 30+ minutes saw maybe only 2. (The day before actually) and had to drive all over to get my 6 grunts. My lone pokestop at work would sometimes have several grunts a day and the none for other days (and this way before the Rocket Leaders)

Probably all about timing and luck really. I never said it couldn't be improved, was just arguing that "nerf" was a bit of an over reaction.

Only true thing that been nerfed, are the spawns. Sadly.
There's been noticeably less rocket stops for at least the last three days for me, so unless every time I've been playing has coincidentally been badly timed and the same is true for all the other people who've noticed this (there was a pretty big thread on TSR's subreddit about it), it definitely appears they've been nerfed.

It's worth remembering that it doesn't matter if the number of leader/decoy/Giovanni stops isn't huge, it still takes a decent number of stops out of the equation and Niantic presumably haven't increased grunt spawns at the remaining stops to compensate for that.

I haven't submitted anything yet but there's a few I want to. I have signed up for Wayfarer and reviewed 35 submissions so far though. It's surprising how many people submit duplicates.

Quick question, is it okay to submit a park if it doesn't have a sign? There's a rugby field and a cricket pitch nearby but there's no signs or anything, so they'd just be pictures of each grounds and I'm not sure if they're worth submitting.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Quick question, is it okay to submit a park if it doesn't have a sign? There's a rugby field and a cricket pitch nearby but there's no signs or anything, so they'd just be pictures of each grounds and I'm not sure if they're worth submitting.
Hard to say, the rules are a bit unclear for that. However, I've seen plenty of those stops near me (football and volleyball pitches), so it should be fine.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I've not submitted any (not seen anything in the area that would be suitable but I'm keeping my eyes open)

That is one benefit from reviewing (I'm at 62 reviews so far) and have seen a few things that i can look out for around here.
It also makes it clearer what makes a good submission (regardless of the stop quality) - and also what makes a bad one

I'm also surprised at the number i've reviewed the that comments say this meets criteria so must be rated as 5* :-)

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't submitted anything yet but there's a few I want to. I have signed up for Wayfarer and reviewed 35 submissions so far though. It's surprising how many people submit duplicates.

Keep in mind, 2 things for dup's. One: thanks to Ingress, there may be stuff that exists but Pogo players can't see. This will be a general issue cause Niantic needs to somehow let people know these things exist...

Also we have months of outstanding submissions, so I can see some dupes that way to. It will eventually clear up. Esp new ones with so many new people submitting.

Sport fields without signs totally good. Submit a nice picture of the field and you should be good.

Since the other day, I've gotten like 25 approvals. All months old, some few weeks old.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Beat Arlo, relieved a bit 'cause I don't have ideal counters but he wasn't that bad. Magnezone for Scyther and rotated Machamp and Chandelure for Mag and Scizor.

Got Moltres in my box too so I only need Zapdos now.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I had to go to about 15 different stops, but I finally found an Arlo to battle to complete stage 4 of the quest line. Blaziken is super bad against Scyther. That was bad advice on my part. But, Melmetal takes him out well enough. I faced a Scyther, Gyarados, and Scizor. Melmetal took care of Scyther and most of Gyarados. I had Swampert in my team, so he was able to finish off Gyarados. Then Blaziken could take care of Scizor.

Ready to take on Giovanni. Though, before that, apparently the decoy grunts award Raticates? I will probably do a bunch of those before Giovanni so I have some 1000-dust purifiable pokemon for next month.

Also, I picked up Pokemon Sword and played about 3 hours. I got a Shiny Stufful!

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OIver the last 3 days, I've gotten about 26 new Pokestops created. Even a few gyms. I literally only have 1 outstanding submission, and that is from today. Our area really just went into overdrive. Esp with bunch of new people submitting in areas I never got around to. Feels great.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
OIver the last 3 days, I've gotten about 26 new Pokestops created. Even a few gyms. I literally only have 1 outstanding submission, and that is from today. Our area really just went into overdrive. Esp with bunch of new people submitting in areas I never got around to. Feels great.
The one guy in my neighborhood that has already reached level 40 is super lazy with his submissions. And this being Germany, it has been plenty of time by now. Counting the days till I reach 40, I shouldn't have been so lazy and thought submissions would take forever to work properly.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
There are a bunch of reports on Silph Road that the rare candy drops from Tier 5 raids have been nerfed by a factor of 3, which is brutal. Supposedly they've been increased for Tier 3 and 4, however. I'd like to think this is a mistake, but who knows. It really messes with the incentives for going out and doing anything.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The one guy in my neighborhood that has already reached level 40 is super lazy with his submissions. And this being Germany, it has been plenty of time by now. Counting the days till I reach 40, I shouldn't have been so lazy and thought submissions would take forever to work properly.
Yeah, I was really surprised on how quickly it rolled out. I wouldn't have thought it be available in the US or even UK till like next year. Them finally giving Pogo players the ability to review has really solved the current issue with reviewing. Everything is going through nicely.

I do wonder how it might slow down over time. Hopefully it will at least still be as "fast" when the honeymoon period is over. But I think it will.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably gonna just let the pokeball do the thing for tomorrow and do the Galar Wheezing raid but I'm all in on Sword. Hell even got a shiny Caterpie while trying for Wooloo.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Keep in mind, 2 things for dup's. One: thanks to Ingress, there may be stuff that exists but Pogo players can't see. This will be a general issue cause Niantic needs to somehow let people know these things exist...

Also we have months of outstanding submissions, so I can see some dupes that way to. It will eventually clear up. Esp new ones with so many new people submitting.

Sport fields without signs totally good. Submit a nice picture of the field and you should be good.

Since the other day, I've gotten like 25 approvals. All months old, some few weeks old.
Well I assumed most of the submissions I've been seeing were from Ingress but I guess some of them might've been recent.

And thanks, I might go around and make a few submissions tomorrow, assuming the weather is fine. I've already got 5 or 6 in mind.

Anyway, I just got home from CD. I ended up catching 12 shiny Chimchar's during the event (9 in the first hour, so I kinda just messed around for the rest of the event), two Galarian Weezing's from raids and a mediocre Shadow Articuno (8/15/0) from beating Giovanni. I didn't hear any reports of shiny Weezing's, so I'm guessing it isn't available yet.

TBH it would've been a pretty lame event if they hadn't surprised us with Galarian Weezing raid hour straight afterwards. Chimchar's been so easily available for so long, everyone seemed to have more candy than they wanted and were only interested in catching their three shinies before going home. A lot of Pokestops weren't even lured up.

Oh and it's worth noting that the CD research tasks were back to the boring old rewards (500 stardust, 5 great balls, etc). You couldn't get any Chimchar's from them like we could get Trapinch last month.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I had already given up on community day thanks to all the network errors, when I noticed that Galarian Weezing showed up in raids. I could not duo, so I ran back downtown to find some people around. I picked up 3. Though, I suppose 1 is enough.

This was probably the worst CD yet, though I was incredibly lucky to get 16 shinys. My game crashed every 5 to 10 minutes, and it took about 5 minutes for Pokémon to load after each crash. GPS errors constantly happened to, so it took a while for it to figure out that I had moved.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't bothered with comm day. As jet lagged to hell. Kids still aren't up. But I caught a 96 shiny while I was making afternoon breakfast lol so that's me done

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm staying with friends for the weekend so didn't have chance to go out. I snagged a shiny the one time I opened the game to see if anything was around. Nowhere near enough candy to evolve it and get the move though.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Highlight of the CD was getting a lucky Magnemite from a random trade. Hatched quite a few eggs because of the bonus but nothing worthwile. Caught whatever I could with starpieces and did 2 Weezing raids. As always seeing people again is the most fun and it's been a while because raids are dead here.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had already given up on community day thanks to all the network errors, when I noticed that Galarian Weezing showed up in raids. I could not duo, so I ran back downtown to find some people around. I picked up 3. Though, I suppose 1 is enough.

This was probably the worst CD yet, though I was incredibly lucky to get 16 shinys. My game crashed every 5 to 10 minutes, and it took about 5 minutes for Pokémon to load after each crash. GPS errors constantly happened to, so it took a while for it to figure out that I had moved.
Worst cd yet but 16 shinies... 🤔

I know what your saying, but somehow still a little funny. Lol

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got 3 shinies (one for each evolutionary stage) and. Galarian Weezing, which is all I wanted out of the day.

H3llR8iser

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm walking around here in NYC and there's a few Gyms with Gala Weezing in it already. Us NYkers have to wait until CD is over until 2pm........welp...

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Next CD should be great though. If they're doing saturday for year 1 and sunday for year 2, I'm gonna go ham on that first day. I'm very much looking forward to details for that weekend.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
CD technically only half over, but I have to call it quits for now. I ended up getting 5 shinies in 1 hour, and 2 on my wife's act. So, really good.

Also, hatched a Deino! No Gibles though yet. Neat though

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bad haul this time. No perfects, but I did get a 96, 93, two 91s, and five shiny Chimchars. Hatched a decent Beldum, so that's going to be a Metagross as soon as the standoff I seem to be having with one or two friends over who gets to control the lucky egg time for going to ultra/best ends. Didn't already have one, so it was nice to get an Alolan Raichu from a raid. As the mall was crowded with other players there for CD, the poor thing didn't stand a chance. Ended the day with a Galarian Weezing. I might have tried to head over to the library for another one, but wasn't sure anyone else would have stuck around for a second raid, if they hadn't already gone there first anyway. I figure they'll be common enough eventually anyway, so just having one for the novelty now was good enough. Not sure how I feel about people multi-clienting, but when I headed to the first Weezing raid, there was this middle aged looking Asian woman there with two phones in her hand asking me if I was going to be doing the raid. I guess she figured she couldn't solo/duo it herself, and as I'm not possessed of anything above Ultra League level CPs, I wasn't sure I would be the greatest help, but someone else who had obviously been playing the past three hours walked by just then.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Oh and it's worth noting that the CD research tasks were back to the boring old rewards (500 stardust, 5 great balls, etc). You couldn't get any Chimchar's from them like we could get Trapinch last month.

I definitely got some chimchar encounters from them - it was just rare - there were also quite a few 'hatch 5 eggs' for rare candy which worked out well with the 1/4 egg distance and the fact that just about every egg i've been picking up recently is a 2k