• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did 5 decoys yesterday. Haven't had time today to look for him.

Also, yay at 2500 max items. Just upgraded.

Oct 25, 2017
It took me 12 TM's to roll Dynamic Punch on a lucky Machamp. If I count the raids since I last lucked into a DP Machamp that's 32~ rolls. Took me two months to finally get 6 DP Machamps.

I'd say I'm glad it's over but I've got a feeling it never really ends while I'm still playing.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
Posting to access the friend's list. I'll add my info too. I've had "quests" for literally months requiring more friends and I just can't find anyone local / within my friend's group that plays the damn game lol.

My enjoyment of the game comes and goes but I'm gonna try and stock up on Poke Balls for the upcoming Community Weekend. So then I can spam people with gifts if they add me back!

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I went down south today and met a cute Pokémon lady who traded me a male and female Heracross from her adventures in Taiwan. :D

With that, my Johto dex is complete! Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn all complete/current. My Pokédex is now at 524! Only missing 6 released from Shinoh, and 8 from Unova. 9 of those 14 are regionals. I should be able to fill 4 of those regionals on my trip to the US in a month.

If any of you guys from the UK are coming to Japan any time in the future and want to trade a Mesprit for an Uxie, let me know, and let's start trading gifts. :) (Mime Jr and Pansear, too)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Since there were two timeslots I was really hoping to get a day with boosted year 1 spawns, but now it's only raids/eggs and it's unclear whether those will have boosted shiny rates... I definitely don't need to focus on wild catches since I have more than plenty of any CD this year. I'm glad I can at least evolve year 1 Pokemon to get the move though. I will now have my lucky shiny Charizard/Venusaur. Maybe I can fix a sunglass Squirtle too.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Yay, I finally got a Moltres from my research breakthrough, so that means I've completed the Kanto dex. Here's my current status (obviously excluding unreleased Pokemon like Kecleon):

Kanto: 151/151
Johto: 100/100
Hoenn: 131/134 (missing Shedinja, Torkoal and Tropius)
Sinnoh: 96/102 (missing Pachirisu, Mime Jr, Carnivine, Azelf, Mesprit and Heatran)
Unova: 39/49 (missing Pansear line, Panpour line, Klang, Klinklang, Heatmor and Deino line)

I do know someone with Tropius and she's holding one for me but she doesn't seem to be playing much at the moment, so I just have to run into her at some point. And I'm still waiting on Niantic to bring Shedinja back. Who knows, maybe they've been trying to implement it properly. Probably not though.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Rocket takeover was pretty good for such low key event tbh. Got 21 rare candy, 24 Larvitar candy + 2 good IV ones and a bunch of Pokemon with low purification cost for the next special research.

Oh and I got an Unova stone from Cliff! Though I'm sitting on two right now and with Litwick being back to an ultra rare spawn, I have no use for them lol

Edit: I just checked my bag and I honestly don't understand how people can run out of revives and potions. I battled team rocket 2 hours straight and used potions and revives all the time. I came out of the event with +40 max potions and +50 revives. Like, I properly don't get it.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I just checked my bag and I honestly don't understand how people can run out of revives and potions. I battled team rocket 2 hours straight and used potions and revives all the time. I came out of the event with +40 max potions and +50 revives. Like, I properly don't get it.
The drop rates for them are temporarily boosted right now, probably because it actually was a problem for a lot of people.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
The drop rates for them are temporarily boosted right now, probably because it actually was a problem for a lot of people.
Are they really, though? I know it's been announced but Pokestops don't have boosted drop rates from what I've seen. Might be that gyms have boosted drop rates, although I'm not sure about that either and haven't spun a lot of those, anyway.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, I finally got a Moltres from my research breakthrough, so that means I've completed the Kanto dex. Here's my current status (obviously excluding unreleased Pokemon like Kecleon):

Kanto: 151/151
Johto: 100/100
Hoenn: 131/134 (missing Shedinja, Torkoal and Tropius)
Sinnoh: 96/102 (missing Pachirisu, Mime Jr, Carnivine, Azelf, Mesprit and Heatran)
Unova: 39/49 (missing Pansear line, Panpour line, Klang, Klinklang, Heatmor and Deino line)

I do know someone with Tropius and she's holding one for me but she doesn't seem to be playing much at the moment, so I just have to run into her at some point. And I'm still waiting on Niantic to bring Shedinja back. Who knows, maybe they've been trying to implement it properly. Probably not though.
is there a list somewhere that shows who has been released? I didn't know Kecleon was not available.

I'm pretty similar to you it looks like. Still need an Articuno though.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did the Rocket event for about an hour, maybe little more cause I had trouble with one of Sierra's team. But had a lot of fun! Got 25 shadow pokemon. Got my 2nd Lapras too, and another nice 15 Atk Larvitar that I'll evolve on Community Day! Actually finally found Giovanni as well.

Funny enough, got my 1st shadow Lapras on the hour drive home from friends house (wife drove). Despite going min 40 miles an hour, was able to do the Lapras (had to do it twice cause of bad team) and 3 of rocket stops all on the go. Somehow could spin them so fast that it had me stay in the battle heh. That certainly made the time go by faster.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Im worried I won't find Giovanni in time. The decoys thing is rather annoying. I live in an area with about 100 stops. Maybe 2 are G stops per day.

What is the average decoy per real one?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Im worried I won't find Giovanni in time. The decoys thing is rather annoying. I live in an area with about 100 stops. Maybe 2 are G stops per day.

What is the average decoy per real one?
I still have to beat a Cliff before I can face Giovanni, so reading about these decoys is no fun. Poster on reddit faced 23 decoys before he had a Gio, but that's def. the most I've seen so far. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone in my community will find a real one, they're the same for everyone who has the radar. Since it's pretty cold activity for the game has been really low here though, pretty much no activity on my local discord and I'm even running out of gifts to open.

Today I walked around for a while during the short event and needed Arlo or Cliff for the quest... I encountered 4 Sierras in a row and then finally found a Arlo. I don't know if I'm gonna go through that questline every month. I love battling the leaders though, I lost to Arlo 3 times before I settled on the right team.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I didn't even know decoys were a problem lol

I got Giovanni on my first stop (well, and it was the only stop in sight) and thought he was quite common

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Went out for 40 minutes, did my last leader so time for Giovanni. Did 15 total battles, including 6 decoys and another leader. Didn't see Gio. Got a perfect purified Sneasel, a crap load of Bellsprouts, and one more 1k dust Shadow 'mon to save for next month.

Snagged my first shiny in 3 weeks (ignoring Chimchar) and it was a damned Torchic, hah.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I have my 50k for the previous week, my 7th day catch, and research breakthrough ready to go for a Star Piece. And I'm going to try and defeat Giovanni at the same time. Something will probably fail though, whether it be me, my phone, or the app.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Snagged my first shiny in 3 weeks (ignoring Chimchar) and it was a damned Torchic, hah.
same also got myself a shiny torchic instead of anything more interesting.

went from purifying my 15th shadow last night to finishing off the quest line today. finally done with that nonsense and gonna take a break from rocket until next month. which means next week. thank goodness for crowdsourced info on where to find gio.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I still have to beat a Cliff before I can face Giovanni, so reading about these decoys is no fun. Poster on reddit faced 23 decoys before he had a Gio, but that's def. the most I've seen so far. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone in my community will find a real one, they're the same for everyone who has the radar. Since it's pretty cold activity for the game has been really low here though, pretty much no activity on my local discord and I'm even running out of gifts to open.

Today I walked around for a while during the short event and needed Arlo or Cliff for the quest... I encountered 4 Sierras in a row and then finally found a Arlo. I don't know if I'm gonna go through that questline every month. I love battling the leaders though, I lost to Arlo 3 times before I settled on the right team.
The leaders are fun. I hope they switch around the Pokemon so the meta can change from Swampert.

BUT they need to figure out the leaders/boss thing. Its awful trying to find one of the leaders and hoping its a certain one. Especially during the winter months.

I'd love it to be you can pick which leader you face.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize finding Giovanni at first was going to be an issue, found him on my first one then failed a bunch despite having good counters (guess they were too weak). Went out the next night and only found decoys. I'll make sure to check the local Discord next time.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
The leaders are fun. I hope they switch around the Pokemon so the meta can change from Swampert.

BUT they need to figure out the leaders/boss thing. Its awful trying to find one of the leaders and hoping its a certain one. Especially during the winter months.

I'd love it to be you can pick which leader you face.
Swampert (or any Pokemon with fast energy gain) is good because the charge move charges so fast that the Rocket Pokemon only attack once. It's even good against Pokemon it "shouldn't" be. The only thing that will wreck it is if each leader had a Pokemon with razor leaf. And even then, muddy water might be enough that the Rocket Pokemon can never attack lol, I've only tried with hydro cannon.

Oct 26, 2017
So, I have a Chandelure that's currently shadow. Should I switch it over to fire? I also have a couple of SB Mewtwos, Giratina O, Gengar, and Blaziken, Charizard and Flareon. My fire birds and dogs are all pretty low levels.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
So, I have a Chandelure that's currently shadow. Should I switch it over to fire? I also have a couple of SB Mewtwos, Giratina O, Gengar, and Blaziken, Charizard and Flareon. My fire birds and dogs are all pretty low levels.
Yeah it's the best fire attacker in the game I think. I switched mine over as fire was the only Pokémon I have sub par

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone sucessfully linked Strava and Google Fit and Google Fit and Pokemon GO? Seem each time I've tried GF just doesn't want to suck up my runs from Strava and I get no credit in-game. I'm going tore-do it all one last time and see if my activities this week end up counting.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
List time! What's a shiny you have no idea how you haven't gotten it yet?

1. Murkrow, at 713 seen after the shiny has been released.
2. Scyther, at 159 seen, maybe caught a handful in 16 before the shiny was released and another few with no shiny chance from rocket encounters. So let's say ~150 tries with a boosted shiny rate.
3. Sentret, can't tell about the number seen because I've had returned to playing way too long before its shiny release but it's a lot.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself another shiny Swinub this morning. Already have a bunch, but this one being with atk 15 always nice. Will certainly evolve it. Maybe use it to trade away.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017

2. Scyther, at 159 seen, maybe caught a handful in 16 before the shiny was released and another few with no shiny chance from rocket encounters. So let's say ~150 tries with a boosted shiny rate.
3. Sentret, can't tell about the number seen because I've had returned to playing way too long before its shiny release but it's a lot.
Shellder. By a long shot. Over 1000 seen and nothing. My friends have 2 or 3 each lol

robox

Nov 10, 2017
all of them. but i know why: my luck is absolute junk in this game.

more concerning for me is not shinies but hundo legendaries. if the rate is 1/256, i've done almost a 1000 legendary raids and only gotten 2 so far. that includes near daily special trades and a bunch of lucky trades. only hundo trade i've received is a non-lucky togepi and on its way to getting maxed out. i've given out a few hundos.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I got my Gio radar today but only found a few decoys, hopefully more luck tomorrow. Locally the game is pretty much dead, first time in like a year that I've run out of gifts to open during the day. Winter sure did a number on activity. Don't know if other people experience this.

Spoink! I want that shiny so bad but I'm at 750 now and nothing. Before it was Shellder at like 1.000 seen, but the dam broke there: now I have like 5 Shellders in about 350 checks.
Gligar too. I did a lot of checks when he had boosted odds and got nothing. Gligar even 'broke' one of the people I play with for shiny checking. After not getting a Gligar either he stopped shiny hunting during events altogether.

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Gio today. Got my second purified perfect Zubat, lol.

It's nice to have a Tier 5 boss that's worth raiding, but I'm still really pissed about Niantic nerfing the rare candy rewards. That's some bullshit.

Murkrow - 829
Magikarp - 702
Aerodactyl - 114

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Did 2 terrakions at ex gyms in the first hour available. Just 5 humans in person but multiple lobbies filling up. Spoofers galore still.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
1. Caterpie
2. Magikarp
3. Pikachu

Can't believe I haven't gotten a shiny Caterpie yet given how common it is outside of events.

TBH I'm having more fun with Wayfarer than Go at the moment. It's surprisingly fun co-ordinating with other people in the community to add new stops/gyms, checking Ingress Intel to see where we should focus first, watching your nominations go from the queue to voting to approved and reviewing other people's nominations. The only downside is we can't submit edits via Wayfarer, that's still locked behind the Ingress wall. There's one gym that's horribly placed, presumably because whoever submitted it way back when it was added wanted a home portal/stop, and if we moved it to its proper position, we could add another stop to its previous cell.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Man Terrakion has one ugly model. Did they just fling it together and call it a day or what . Looks like he's come straight out of a N64

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017

Numbers are always hard to quantify since I may have encountered a lot before shiny available (like rats and pidgies)

so no shiny rat - 2996
Pidgie - 2853
Geodude - 1081

For ones where the shiny has been available for around the same amount of time they have been out

Swablue - 983
Shuppet - 837

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I can't bring myself to do much T5 raids after the rare candy nerf. These legendaries aren't good enough without that extra incentive.