• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Need some friends for a quest feel free to add me folks:

5547 5008 9025

Ended up with one Gligar and one Horsea from this event. Good enough for me

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing off and on and managed to find at least a Burmy. Was hoping for a sand one to rename him burmy sanders but what can ya do?

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Isn't that first bit just referring to the big spawn change they made a few months back?

Hopefully they turn on the event spawn points for the community weekend soon.
Yeah, I don't think they made any recent changes. It just seems they are extremely late lol

Edit: also, shaking my head at that Wayfarer queue lol. Two of my submissions are now in voting, both without upgrade and submitted after the one I put an upgrade on. You'd think that queue would be first in first out and not some random stuff, right?

Last edited:

Gui

Oct 29, 2017
Wait a darn tootin' minute there.

The increase in spawn and shiny rates are only for 2019's CD Pokemon?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ya know, thinking back to the Holiday event being one week, maybe it's so short because people are traveling a lot and they don't want the event spawns to take over the regional spawns too much.

Ill be back in the US on the 26th and I'll be searching hard for Panpour and Heatmor, but it'll be tough if the winter spawns crowd them out.

Punxsutawney

Apr 18, 2018
So I've just moved into a new town and looking to go to the local Pokemon go raids meetup. I've never been in a raid with more than one other person before, and a bit nervous about going to meet a big group! I've seen them around town before and it's at least 30 people.

My question... how exactly do large scale raids work? When I do the small raids by myself I notice there's a 'code' with three Pokemon, do you all need to be part of the same private group to join? Does it max out of people at a certain point?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
So I've just moved into a new town and looking to go to the local Pokemon go raids meetup. I've never been in a raid with more than one other person before, and a bit nervous about going to meet a big group! I've seen them around town before and it's at least 30 people.

My question... how exactly do large scale raids work? When I do the small raids by myself I notice there's a 'code' with three Pokemon, do you all need to be part of the same private group to join? Does it max out of people at a certain point?
I did a massive raid that formed randomly on community day. I just started the raid and was immediately in a full lobby with 19 others. Not sure how many there were in total but I assume it made multiple groups of 20, and some unfortunate saps who joined late ended up stuck in a small group.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK

Codes are just for private lobbies, groups are 20 max so if there's more than that it's worth creating lobbies so no one is left out.

Otherwise just keep an eye on the amount of players in the raid lobby before you commit your pass to join.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Looks like we're getting a 'Celebrate 2019' special research soon. It's only catch 19 Pokemon for 20 Ultra Balls, 1 Unova Stone and 9 rare candy.

I'll take the rare candy but it would be nice if they gave us something to use those Unova stones on if they hand them out so frequently.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did 3 of those Unova quests everyday. Then just got lucky with team leader battles for the most part. If I spoofed I sure as hell wouldn't bother traveling to events.
Why? Why would you work so much to get some much Unova stones? They are kinda useless (outside of Litlick), esp compared to actual useful Sinnoh stone.

Do you have like a lot of free time and excess money to spend? Just seems to much. Esp playing long enough to get 9 different freaking Burmey shinies

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Why? Why would you work so much to get some much Unova stones? They are kinda useless (outside of Litlick), esp compared to actual useful Sinnoh stone.

Do you have like a lot of free time and excess money to spend? Just seems to much. Esp playing long enough to get 9 different freaking Burmey shinies
I work from home so I have a lot of free time. I don't really spend money on the game itself much other than driving everywhere. I drive like 1000 miles a month most of which is playing the game shiny checking.

The Unova Stones were more just a byproduct of me grinding Arlo trying to get a shiny shadow Scyther. If I'm going to spend time fighting grunts to get to the leader I may as well do the quest associated with it.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I work from home so I have a lot of free time. I don't really spend money on the game itself much other than driving everywhere. I drive like 1000 miles a month most of which is playing the game shiny checking.

The Unova Stones were more just a byproduct of me grinding Arlo trying to get a shiny shadow Scyther. If I'm going to spend time fighting grunts to get to the leader I may as well do the quest associated with it.
Oh wow, that's even worse lol

Do our environment a favor and actually spoof lol

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, that's even worse lol

Do our environment a favor and actually spoof lol
lol

If only I had that kinda freedom lol I did 1 unova stone quest, mainly as I was at that stage of the current quest line over the last weekend. Wish I did more of the lure ones, esp before last saturday raids

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Just got done with my preps for tomorrow, I've already got 51 Pokemon to evolve. That's like half an hour of evolving 🤦‍♂️

Edit: Also just found this:

Q20: What type of Eggs will the featured Community Day Pokémon be in, and will Eggs with Pokémon not part of Community Day be available during the Community Day event?
A: The Pokémon featured in Community Day can be found in the Eggs they are typically found in. Pokémon not part of the Community Day event can still be found in Eggs during the event period.

So, like 12 CD Pokemon that could hatch each day and they make it so that even Non-CD Pokemon are in the egg pool? Why would I even bother

Last edited:

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
How many times a month can you fight Giovanni? Just once?

Let's say you tried to catch Zapdos and failed, are you screwed?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Just got done with my preps for tomorrow, I've already got 51 Pokemon to evolve. That's like half an hour of evolving 🤦‍♂️

Edit: Also just found this:

Q20: What type of Eggs will the featured Community Day Pokémon be in, and will Eggs with Pokémon not part of Community Day be available during the Community Day event?
A: The Pokémon featured in Community Day can be found in the Eggs they are typically found in. Pokémon not part of the Community Day event can still be found in Eggs during the event period.

So, like 12 CD Pokemon that could hatch each day and they make it so that even Non-CD Pokemon are in the egg pool? Why would I even bother
Yeah, the eggs are fucking garbage. I was tempted to get some incubators this morning because I need a bit more Beldum candy but then I started getting a bunch of 5km eggs and hatching trash from 2km eggs, so I quickly abandoned that idea. Raids were pretty garbage too, as they didn't turn off T2-T5s, so I ended up seeing more non-CD T2s, T4s and T5s than 2018 CD T1s. I really don't know why they can't get this stuff right.

Anyway, I played for about two hours of day one and got 7 shinies: 2 Bagon's, 2 Torchic's, 1 Treeko, 1 Slakoth and 1 Ralts right after the CD window ended. Then I transferred most of them. I mainly went out today to farm some stardust, hopefully raid/hatch some 2018 CD Pokemon and farm some Bagon candy. The stardust part went alright but the eggs/raids were rubbish and Bagon's weren't that common (though Slakoth's were fucking everywhere), so I doubt I'll even bother tomorrow, the NZ sun is way too brutal in summer.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Day 1 finished. I caught 21 shinies between my two accounts. The weather was decent for the first hour, but after the wind pushed in clouds, it got pretty damn cold. My hand was quite frozen, so I went back to my car at 1:30p. I have seen 0 beldum raids all day. My main goal was also farming dust, which worked out pretty well. I got about 100k. I'm gonna need that to boost up some of my rocket team defenses.

I did 3 Terrakion raids to clear out my remaining lure quests, and got enough Rare candy to evolve Lucario, but I still need more candy to boost him up in order to be useful in raids and battles. (Dex at 526 now)

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
I evolved a few thinking it had started by now, but no exclusive moves.

You'd think that if they have the community day box active the event would have started, but nooooo.

I also got a notification about the event which made me think it had started, but I didn't read it properly before I swiped it away.

Last edited:

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Got lots of good mons that I need to evolve this weekend, but don't have the candy to do it. And its way too hot to get out there and grind, sigh.

Did get my first Salamence though, 96 lucky as well.

Will try head to my local park tonight once it gets dark, but without the 11-2 boost im not sure how the spawns will go.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
what gives? I evolved charmanders, bulba's and beldums and they all got their CD move, then did a really high level lucky pupitar and it got crunch :( Never got this before, and of course one of the most useful species

edit: omg I forgot smack down is a fast move, I should go back to sleep

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Yeah, the eggs are fucking garbage. I was tempted to get some incubators this morning because I need a bit more Beldum candy but then I started getting a bunch of 5km eggs and hatching trash from 2km eggs, so I quickly abandoned that idea. Raids were pretty garbage too, as they didn't turn off T2-T5s, so I ended up seeing more non-CD T2s, T4s and T5s than 2018 CD T1s. I really don't know why they can't get this stuff right.
Yeah, really baffling. I would have bought the adventure box for Beldum and Larvitar candy. I even put in the extra effort yesterday emptied all my eggs for today 🤦‍♂️

Well, 4 MM Metagross are good enough I suppose...

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Are shiny chances boosted? Haven't seen one yet which is unusual for an hour+ into CD.

Also, fuck return. I have a perfect purified Larvitar, so I evolved him for Smack Down, only to learn you can't TM away Return? So these are useless mons, what is the point of these for real.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Anyone else's game is a complete mess right now? I haven't seen anything on reddit or here, so I assume it has something to do with the German language programming? Basically, every text (Pokemon names, CP, the actual word CP, etc.) randomly becomes some unreadable mess. It goes away quickly enough when backing out but it's so annoying. Several people here had it in different versions of the game on different phones, so I guess it's server-side. My avatar has also switched between my and the default look several times.

screenshot_20191214-1sdjym.jpg

Edit: also, stealth stardust brag denied lol

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
No sign of Beldum raids. Didn't hatch any either. My alt account hatched two back to back!

Eggs were a total waste of time on my main.

Got plenty of 2019 mons and some good shinies, but at this rate it looks like the only 2018 move I get will be on Blastoise.

Also it was so windy and cold I died, and my soul crystallised, and when it left my body it just fell on the ground and shattered, and children cut their feet and didn't know why because souls are invisible. At least the rain held off.

Oct 26, 2017
I evolved a bunch of 96+ I had since before on my main account, but mostly took my alt account for a walk. It's at lvl 22 so it makes little difference at the moment, but I want it to eventually be a good backup in raids. I've managed to get a Mewtwo and Terrakion on it, and today brought Blaziken and Salamence. Hoping to finish a Gardevoir tomorrow, and I got enough for a Mamoswine once the CD ends. Also hoping to get a bunch of Beldum. Really hurting from a lack of balls though, the last event burned through a lot of what I had stored up while levelling.

It does say something about the state of the game when it's more fun making an alt rather than searching hopelessly for actual G5 newcomers.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only got to play for a little bit today, but gained a nice 55k stardust. Tomorrow I'll be able to play for the full day. I evolved a bunch of TTars (including my purified 100% Larvitar) & Beldums. A lot of the beldums were shiny from last year that I'll use for trades.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Short conclusion of the first day, they really should have just said you can get 2018 moves. The raids were basically non-existent, and what good does 9 candy (if you trade it long distance)? And 2018 Pokemon in eggs was borderline false advertising, I got 3 Dratini (welp, so I guess some higher chance of those was possible) and a whole bunch of shitty 2 and 5 km eggs. Should have really just said you can get 2018 moves and that's it.

Are the 2018 raidmons boosted shininess? Before I waste a bunch of time.
I honestly wouldn't bother unless you need 6 candy to evolve a Beldum/Larvitar/etc. Nothing that indicates a higher rate. But that's also no big surprise with the lack of 1* raids lol. Although here in Germany, they increased the amount of 1* raids drastically in the last 2 hours.