• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Devil's advocate: if we could delete eggs, why would we keep anything but 10 KM? And as a consequence, why would we buy incubators?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Devil's advocate: if we could delete eggs, why would we keep anything but 10 KM? And as a consequence, why would we buy incubators?
Well, the people who want to constantly be burning through them for shiny chances and dust would still do it. I also think there's still reason to hatch stuff other than 10k if you want high IVs of stuff from those egg pools. No doubt it would decrease overall numbers, but I'm sure Niantic could also adjust the pools to better target the new situation.

My compromise idea has been to let you delete 1-2 eggs a day, effectively giving you a couple chances to reroll to something you're more interested in. That would also let you clear spots for the adventure sync eggs.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
If you were able to delete eggs, why not go the extra step further and be able to see what's inside the egg before it hatches and be able to delete the egg based on that.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
If we could only hatch 10 km eggs, they would make the hatch rate for Gible even lower (if that's even mathematically possible lol) or add a bunch of shit to that egg pool. I doubt it would improve much. It's really best to just hatch along and don't care too much. The only fix they should do is the AS situation, that's really ass. Either clogging your storage up or not spinning anything when freeing up 2 spaces is dumb.

At least the Gen 5 starters are in the 2k eggs, so I can at least hope to get good IV ones out of that.
Yes, I'm not complaining about those. Although I must admit I personally don't care much for them either. Good IVs are nice but honestly? I think none of those 3 will be meta relevant enough so that I'll power up an egg hatch with almost perfect IV instead of just evolving the slightly less perfect IV but higher level ones I'll catch on their CDs.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5k eggs have sucked for a while now. Since like Sept. Yuck.

Also, I have now go-plused 3 dittos since last night. Kinda weird and funny

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Pokestop edits are live again, at least here in Germany.

And they work extremely well. I got two title and description edits through in about 2 days. The amount of needed reviewers is obviously lower than for new submissions but I wish everything was that quick hahah

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure that's the reasoning behind Niantic not doing it but frankly, I think it's awful reasoning. Having to buy/use incubators just to clear worthless eggs is terrible game design and I find it hard to believe it'd hurt their profit margins in any significant way. The people who use incubators to clear crap eggs from their storage are the same people who'd use them to hatch 7km or 10km eggs to try and get the Pokemon/shiny they're after. Just look at all the shiny hunting whales who already focus mainly on hatching 7km eggs.

And to the first point, that's up to Niantic, they're the ones who create the egg pools. But even with the current ones there are reasons to hatch 2/5km eggs. 2km eggs give you the most stardust per km walked, are the easiest to hatch for research tasks (like the non-shiny Alolan Vulpix lol) and have the Gen 5 starters in them. 5km give you regionals, so they're great to hatch if you're traveling, and there's a bunch of boosted shinies in there too.

You also have to remember that even if you did just want to keep 10km eggs, you'd still have to walk around spinning stops and transferring 2km/5km eggs to get them, so it'd probably be even more time consuming and tedious than opening/sending gifts every day.

If you were able to delete eggs, why not go the extra step further and be able to see what's inside the egg before it hatches and be able to delete the egg based on that.
This seems like a silly slippery slope argument but I mean, ideally they'd just add breeding to the game and get rid of random eggs entirely (or leave them in if you don't want to breed). We obviously can't have that though because then Niantic couldn't string everyone along with all their regional and rare hatch bullshit.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
With that A Vulpix news I really wonder if that shitty Scyther task I did for 2 months was broken as well. I actually love doing research tasks but if the shiny chance is obviously broken beyond easy repair, I don't think I'll go hard for a shiny in those anymore

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
With that A Vulpix news I really wonder if that shitty Scyther task I did for 2 months was broken as well. I actually love doing research tasks but if the shiny chance is obviously broken beyond easy repair, I don't think I'll go hard for a shiny in those anymore
I got a shiny scyther off that and so did my mate so nah

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Lame. Let's wait until after the holidays and after everyone is traveling to release another wave of regionals. <_<

Anyways, looks like there are 34 new Pokemon available to collect in the game.
Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Throh, Sauk, Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede, Basculin, Maractus, Sigilyph, Dwebble, Crustle, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Archen, Archeops, Trubbish, Garbodor, Karrablast, Escavalier, Joltik, Galvantula, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Shelmet, and Accelgor

Am I missing any?

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there are reports that you can catch Throh/Sawk in their not-native areas. Going to get fixed any minute now...

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Lame. Let's wait until after the holidays and after everyone is traveling to release another wave of regionals. <_<

Anyways, looks like there are 34 new Pokemon available to collect in the game.
Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Throh, Sauk, Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede, Basculin, Maractus, Sigilyph, Dwebble, Crustle, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Archen, Archeops, Trubbish, Garbodor, Karrablast, Escavalier, Joltik, Galvantula, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Shelmet, and Accelgor

Am I missing any?

It's a tiny amount of new catchable in a single country, right?

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Are the new Pokemon not live in Europe? I don't see a single one on nearby which seems weird. But then again, it's too late to go outside anyway.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Are the new Pokemon not live in Europe? I don't see a single one on nearby which seems weird. But then again, it's too late to go outside anyway.
I've yet to see a single silhouette but caught a new one an hour ago. This is California, but I think it's just highly dependent on weather and biomes. They didn't boost anything.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Drove around and caught a bunch of the new 'uns. Tympole, Dwebble, and Venipede are common. Timburr seems common in raids, too. I also caught 2 Sawk, a Karrablast, Shelmet, and Basculin. I saw a Trubbish on radar, but I couldn't get there in time. I caught the Shelmet on both my accounts and traded to get the Accelgor, but didn't think to catch Karrablast on both accounts. I'll go out again later to finish up Tympole, Dwebble, and Venipede. But for now, +11 in the Pokedex. I'm at 546.

If there are just the 34 new Pokemon, that means the total number of available Pokemon is at 578. 88 species are available from Unova, so still only HALF (about) released. Quite a bit left to do. :)

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Also, some other "fun" changes. Because of the free evolution with Trade mechanic, Roggenrola and Timburr take double the amount of candy to evolve (now 50) to become Boldore and Gurdurr. Karrablast and Shelmet without trading cost 200 to evolve, rather than 50.

The fun part though, apparently if you catch an Audino (yet to be released maybe), you'll get an extra 2000 stardust.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Also, some other "fun" changes. Because of the free evolution with Trade mechanic, Roggenrola and Timburr take double the amount of candy to evolve (now 50) to become Boldore and Gurdurr.
Plus 200 candy for the 2nd evolution. Which is really stupid as you only get Timburr with good IVs (raid or egg) but need to trade it if you want a cheap alternative to Lucario. Hope everyone has some lucky trades left.

Oct 27, 2017
Also, some other "fun" changes. Because of the free evolution with Trade mechanic, Roggenrola and Timburr take double the amount of candy to evolve (now 50) to become Boldore and Gurdurr. Karrablast and Shelmet without trading cost 200 to evolve, rather than 50.

The fun part though, apparently if you catch an Audino (yet to be released maybe), you'll get an extra 2000 stardust.

200 candy wtf

Oct 25, 2017
I evolved a traded gastly from a while ago and it still gets the evolve discount as Haunter.

The Conkeldurr grind won't be as ridiculous as I thought. You'd just need to trade Timburr and evolve when you get IV's you find acceptable

still annoying

Nov 17, 2017
Just had a Hundo Heatran run away after hitting it with excellent or great golden razzed curve balls every time

I fucking hate this game sometimes

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Feeling pretty down on this game right now. The new Pokemon are nice, but three excellent curveball throws is so freaking hard (I already did it once before for Mew/Celebi together) and is constantly staring me down in research tasks. The fact that most Pokemon I want to evolve right now require Shinnoh Stones and my luck with those is terrible.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Shiny Heatran done, Shadow Moltres done.

Feeling pretty down on this game right now. The new Pokemon are nice, but three excellent curveball throws is so freaking hard (I already did it once before for Mew/Celebi together) and is constantly staring me down in research tasks. The fact that most Pokemon I want to evolve right now require Shinnoh Stones and my luck with those is terrible.
Just go for Wailmer, Stantler, and stuff like that.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
My RNG with Heatran is incredible

9 raids done, 2 shiny. That's incredibly great.

But of the other 7, I could only catch 4. 3 ran away in spite of 13+ golden razzed great/excellent curve balls. That's pretty annoying.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Ah man the 200 candies to evolve is almost painful enough to take my wife's phone out one afternoon. Almost. Probably will catch, walk, and rare candy these mons.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Just got a Pokestop submission approved yet someone reviewing moved it about 4 meters from my spot on the playground to another spot, so now it's too close to an already existing Pokestop and doesn't appear in any Niantic game. Are people really this nitpicky? And will there be any problem if I just submit it again and hope that no knobhead is moving it?

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that they release new regionals after the holidays. My co worker was in Asia and could have got some of the new regionals

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
My RNG with Heatran is incredible

9 raids done, 2 shiny. That's incredibly great.

But of the other 7, I could only catch 4. 3 ran away in spite of 13+ golden razzed great/excellent curve balls. That's pretty annoying.
I've done 10 raids so far and no shinies. I have had some good luck with IVs though, with a 98% one (albeit with 14 attack :( ) and a 93% weather boosted one (14/14/14). I've had no trouble catching them though, I think the only one I've missed so far was because I kept trying to pinap it.

Just got a Pokestop submission approved yet someone reviewing moved it about 4 meters from my spot on the playground to another spot, so now it's too close to an already existing Pokestop and doesn't appear in any Niantic game. Are people really this nitpicky? And will there be any problem if I just submit it again and hope that no knobhead is moving it?
Resubmit it and hope nothing happens this time, you'll be fine. Any submission that's within 20m of another portal is quietly rejected even though the site and email tell you they're approved, so it won't show up as a duplicate or anything.

I had a good streak of 5 approvals in three days after Niantic finally fixed their approval screw up, so that was awesome. I'm finding edits to be annoying because we have no ability to see their status, there's one a friend submitted nearby that I'd really like to review but I haven't seen it yet.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Ah man the 200 candies to evolve is almost painful enough to take my wife's phone out one afternoon. Almost. Probably will catch, walk, and rare candy these mons.
It sure does suck for people without good friends who play. If only they enabled distance trading.

Maybe I'll evolve these things by the end of the year.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
So far... Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet cost 200 if not traded. Plus 50 instead of 25 just to get Boldore and Gurdurr.

Yea then this is intended. They'll rotate these in raids and want people to cheese these with passes. Right now timburr.

3km per candy, this seems to be the bulk of the remaining unova outside of legendaries so maybe buddy candies by end of year is the way to go.

Last edited:

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Resubmit it and hope nothing happens this time, you'll be fine. Any submission that's within 20m of another portal is quietly rejected even though the site and email tell you they're approved, so it won't show up as a duplicate or anything.

I had a good streak of 5 approvals in three days after Niantic finally fixed their approval screw up, so that was awesome. I'm finding edits to be annoying because we have no ability to see their status, there's one a friend submitted nearby that I'd really like to review but I haven't seen it yet.
Okay, cool, then I'll just resubmit when I get new submissions. Felt like it was just malicious intent to move the pin by the reviewer(s) though. You clearly see other nearby POIs and the location was fine already. Quite the shit system when reviewers can't fix typos in titles/description but completely botch up your perfectly fine submissions by moving its location.

Edits have been fine for me. I got 4 out of 6 approved in a few days. Reviewing them, however, has become worse since edits went live in Pokemon. I get lots of location edits that are very close to each other and no indication whatsoever which one I should pick. Ingress players at least also did an edit to the description clarifying what's the old location and where/why to move it.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, cool, then I'll just resubmit when I get new submissions. Felt like it was just malicious intent to move the pin by the reviewer(s) though. You clearly see other nearby POIs and the location was fine already. Quite the shit system when reviewers can't fix typos in titles/description but completely botch up your perfectly fine submissions by moving its location.

Edits have been fine for me. I got 4 out of 6 approved in a few days. Reviewing them, however, has become worse since edits went live in Pokemon. I get lots of location edits that are very close to each other and no indication whatsoever which one I should pick. Ingress players at least also did an edit to the description clarifying what's the old location and where/why to move it.
You can do that in PoGo too, as the edits are all combined into one (which is also why you can get multiple possible locations available), but from what I've heard using description edit that way is frowned upon. Given how finicky/egotistical reviewers can be, I'm not sure I'd recommend it, which sucks because that's the only way you can provide context for the edit.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
You can do that in PoGo too, as the edits are all combined into one (which is also why you can get multiple possible locations available), but from what I've heard using description edit that way is frowned upon. Given how finicky/egotistical reviewers can be, I'm not sure I'd recommend it, which sucks because that's the only way you can provide context for the edit.
Oh, yes, I just meant that the amount of location edits without context increased since Pokemon Go edits went live. So I figured it's their work as most location edits before (so Ingress players) used the description and Pokemon Go players don't (know of the possibility).

And honestly, I don't care anymore what's frowned upon by reviewers. I've always wondered what kind of guys take that stuff so seriously. You're basically doing unpaid work for a billion dollar company, in a system that could use a lot of improvement. If they want a 100% reliable database of POIs, they should do the majority of the work themselves, they obviously have the money. If a POI is off by a few meters but thus makes a new Pokestop/Ingress portal, that's perfectly fine by me. It's the only kind of "payment" you get out of it.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Hatched a bunch of Pichu with hat (none shiny) but have yet to get a single Wurmple. It doesn't have to be the shiny, I just need one period.