• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Been hatching eggs and yeah the Wurmple is/was easy enough to get thankfully. I also hatched a Joltik which was a nice surprise.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
So Niantic pulling another Niantic. It seems Sneasel and Scyther can't be shiny from the Battle a Team Rocket Grunt and Use 10 Nanab Berry quests either.

Well, it would make sense cause I didn't get a Scyther after doing a shitload of those and I haven't gotten a Sneasel in those 5ish tasks I've done (lol). Footos however claims he and his mate got one:

I got a shiny scyther off that and so did my mate so nah

Or was that the mentioned Onix task?

Edit: Oh wait, I didn't mention it lol. There was another Scyther task during the evolution event, what date does yours say you've caught it?

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Put my stats in the leaderboard. I'm surprised at most of my rank i suspected i would be at or near the last palce since i am a very casual player.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Has anyone been lucky enough to hatch a Timburr yet?

I've hit the jackpot and got a lucky Timburr on a non-lucky trade but now I'm dying for candy to evolve it lol

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone been lucky enough to hatch a Timburr yet?

I've hit the jackpot and got a lucky Timburr on a non-lucky trade but now I'm dying for candy to evolve it lol
Since I last complained to Era about getting nothing, I've hatched:
  • 4 Wurmple
  • 2 Dwebble
  • 1 Timburr
  • 2 Joltik
  • and a shiny Klink
Obviously, complaining works.

Also, happened upon a wild Throh while finally raiding Wobbuffet and Raticate.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Since I last complained to Era about getting nothing, I've hatched:
  • 4 Wurmple
  • 2 Dwebble
  • 1 Timburr
  • 2 Joltik
  • and a shiny Klink
Obviously, complaining works.

Also, happened upon a wild Throh while finally raiding Wobbuffet and Raticate.
Oh nice! I was hoping for a Timburr with the event candy for hatches but nothing so far. Got a Klink which was nice as I needed the candy to evolve one. The additional 2 Klinks (each giving about 60ish candy) was too much, though, lol. Also, if I see another Mawile... my god, it's the new Munchlax for me.

Is Troh a very rare spawn for you guys? I've seen plenty of the European counterpart already (and already dread the day I'll hatch one), although the cloudy weather was beneficial.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
My 10ks during the event: Mawile, Shinx, Cranidos, 2x Shieldon, Gible, 3x Klink, Ferroseed. At least some of those were useful for candy, but no standout specimens.

Is Troh a very rare spawn for you guys? I've seen plenty of the European counterpart already (and already dread the day I'll hatch one), although the cloudy weather was beneficial.
I've caught one and seen another on the radar. I usually have sunny weather, however.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
The current egg distribution worked out super nice for me earlier. As I was leaving work I hatched 6 5ks simultaneously, netting me -

Trubbish (new for me)
Karrablast (new for me)
Joltik (new for me)
Tympole with 40 candy
Panpour with enough candy to let me finally evolve
And a random Burmy, so whatevs

Oct 25, 2017
Hatched a Timburr; that's nice
My trade resulted in a 14 ATK IV; also nice

Haven't had any luck with the shiny hat Pichu. Other than guaranteed legendary catches, hat Pichu are the only shiny I care about.
They're just too cute.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I cycled 44 kms today for that Timburr candy lol

Also hatched a lot of eggs and dear god, what a bunch of shit. A bunch of 2 km nonsense, multiple Buizel and Mime Jr, another Klink and Mawile, Golett and an unfortunately not so good Litwick but yay for the candy. That Litwick aside, oh wow.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I haven't played Pokemon Go in about a week, and I was pretty surprised to see Party Hat Pikachu still around when I popped in last night. This event lasts forever, huh.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I can tell I'm not going to pull another 10k before the event is done. Damn.

Caught my second perfect Numel and a perfect Growlithe today, hah.

Also nabbed an Archen.

I haven't played Pokemon Go in about a week, and I was pretty surprised to see Party Hat Pikachu still around when I popped in last night. This event lasts forever, huh.
Yup! I'm definitely ready to never hatch a Pichu again.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Honestly the event would've been a lot better if they added the Gen 5 stuff from the start and didn't wait until halfway.
The gen 5 wave was most probably released early to distract from the A Vulpix incident. Doesn't make any sense otherwise. It's also baffling how they stopped caring about that altogether and are still running the faulty Sneasel task.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
This event has went on a long time for one special spawn.
Gotta milk those shiny hatches and raids.

Outside of the adventure sync bonuses and mid-event gen 5 release, this event has been terrible. Not that the gen 5 release was particularly well handled, Timburr being stuck in eggs/raids, the ridiculous candy requirement for some of the evolutions and the number of new Regionals suck but at least there's something new. And the worst part is according to Niantic's January schedule, this and Piplup CD is pretty much it for the rest of the month.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Gotta milk those shiny hatches and raids.

Outside of the adventure sync bonuses and mid-event gen 5 release, this event has been terrible. Not that the gen 5 release was particularly well handled, Timburr being stuck in eggs/raids, the ridiculous candy requirement for some of the evolutions and the number of new Regionals suck but at least there's something new. And the worst part is according to Niantic's January schedule, this and Piplup CD is pretty much it for the rest of the month.
I don't actually mind that to be honest. People could use a break from event after event. Although I also don't actually believe that since Lunar New Year is next week.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've hatched nothing but Pichu for the last 2 weeks, so it'll be nice when that ends. 2km eggs may as well hatch for free at work though, so I don't mind.

(Also first post in the thread but could also use some era friends to knock out some quests if anyone's doing the same)

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've hatched nothing but Pichu for the last 2 weeks, so it'll be nice when that ends. 2km eggs may as well hatch for free at work though, so I don't mind.

(Also first post in the thread but could also use some era friends to knock out some quests if anyone's doing the same)
There's a link in the OP for a spreadsheet with names and codes. Feel free to add me. I'm pretty good with gifts as well.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I don't actually mind that to be honest. People could use a break from event after event. Although I also don't actually believe that since Lunar New Year is next week.
Already feels like a event break for me. There was little incentive to play before Gen V released. And even with them released, you pretty much see your standard spawns with little new stuff thrown in. I'm ready for a new event.

I'm much more ready for a new Ex Raid boss, though. Let's end this nonsense Regigigas already.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
This event sucked. I got a shiny Rat but even though I walked 250km last week I kept getting 10km eggs. I hardly got any 2km eggs.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Latios/Latias again? Oh ffs
Man, you had me shocked lol, I thought they'd follow after Heatran.

There's zero reason to complain about this, though. On the contrary, I'm actually a big fan of this idea. With more and more legendaries released, they can't make 3 week long re-runs of each legendary. Having a new legendary/new shiny release for 3 or 4 weeks and doing a weekend with a re-run is pretty good. I've missed Lati@s in raids, so I'll do a few. Or so I hope. That's what was really shit about the Lugia/Ho-Oh weekend, there simply was such a little amount of raids that we only managed to do like 4. If they fix the amount of raids, special raid weekends are fantastic.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Right. There are enough unreleased legendaries from Gen IV and V that it's good to keep the 'ol Gen legendaries available through raid weekends, every now and then. People just starting the game will have a chance to grab 'em. And those of us without shinies will have a chance to go for those, too, if we want.

Hopefully they have another raid day or raid weekend for the regional Lake trio. I'd like to replenish my supply of Uxie before Go Fest in the summer.

By the way, if any of you guys live in Europe, have a Mesprit to trade for an Uxie, and plan on coming to Japan in the next couple of months, let's exchange friend code details, and start building that friendship. I need a Mime Jr. and Pansear, too.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
I caught a shiny Squirtle the other day! I ran out of pokeballs trying to catch it so I ended up buying coins... but it was worth it. I've never seen a shiny in any of the Pokemon games before.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
CD done, I caught six shiny Piplup's, hatched a shiny Party Hat Pichu from one of my last two 7km event eggs and did a lucky trade for my third shiny Horsea which completed that set. So some pretty good results given that my group went at a snails pace for the entire event because it was absurdly hot and humid and the parents needed to keep their kids hydrated. I was going to rush ahead of the group when I only had one shiny after the first hour but then I caught two in quick succession, so I stopped caring. I already had a hundo and another four 93%+ Piplup's, so it really didn't matter.

I really hate what Niantic did to CD spawns however many months ago though. Is it really that hard for them to over-ride weather boosted spawns with event Pokemon the same way they do with nests?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I only had an hour today, but I managed to catch 3 shinies on both my accounts. I defeated Giovanni, and also did, like, 5 Timburr raids. My second account hatched an Axew, and I caught a few Trubbish and a Tirtouga.

I was way down south, so I traded my home Timburrs for the southern ones to get 3 candy. One traded Timburr was a 96%. :) Though, silphroad reminded me that the Lunar event last year increased the odds of receiving a lucky trade. So I'm gonna hold off trading anymore of them until more details are given.

Pretty good day. The Pokédex is at 555 now. :)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Played for an hour, got 6 shinies. Just your standard comm day, but glad the weather was really good. Not that many people playing in the local grind area though.