• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Go | Era Edition | Upgrade 2.0

Catch Pokémon in the Real World with Pokémon GO! Explore your town to gather up items from Pokestops & Gyms. Collect Pokemon and battle your way into gyms. Check out the local Raid scenes to meet up with others.

Download from: Apple App Store | Android Play Store.

ERA Discord Server - Chat with us as well as do Remote Raids with us!

Join the Pokémon Go | Our ERA Community Discord Server!

Check out the Pokémon Go | Our ERA Community community on Discord - hang out with 171 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Join our Discord to add new Pokemon Go friends, chat about the game and do remote raiding with others!

Returning Players Tips:

Current/Upcoming Events:

Community Day Event - Website Link
Every month will feature a special 3 hour window special event for communities to get together. These times are local to your area and timezone, so when it's live in Europe it may not be live in North America yet/etc. Will now be 11am - 2pm based upon your local timezone. These events feature 3 hour lours, a special Pokemon to catch as well as different bonus and exclusive Move. You will have an extra hour after the event to evolve your newly caught Pokemon for an exclusive move. Each new Community Day Pokemon will have it's shiny variant available!

Current Legendaries & Raids

2020.05.01%20-%20Raid%20Bosses%20-%20Throwback%20Challenge%20Kanto.jpg

Friendship & Trading!

After a long wait, Trading is finally here! You can friend anyone in the world, but to do actual trades you will need to be within 100 Meters of that person to do so. Even if you are far away, friending someone is still a nice and good idea. You will start to notice "Gifts" popping from Pokestops. You can take these Gifts and send it to your friends at any time. Among nice little items like Ultra Balls and Max Revives, will be a new 7k egg. These contain new Alohan Pokemon!

If you'd like to add some of your fellow Era Members to your Friend List, join our Discord Server! Discord Link at the top of this Post.

The Quest System - Special Research

Pokemon-GO-Quest.jpg

Quests are here and they rock! Quests gives you an extra thing to work for with an award that scales with it's difficulty. For example you can be getting a Larvitar for a Throw 3 Excellent Throws in a Row, a Magikarp for 10 Pokemon caught or 5 Berries for catching 5 Pokemon. Remember, you can at any time delete the quest if the quest itself or the reward doesn't seem worth it.

There are 2 types of Quests, Field and Research. Field Quests can be found from any Pokestop (no Gyms though). Each Pokestop will hand out the exact same Quest per day to everyone. So if you find a good quest, like Hatch 5 Eggs for Chansey Quest, you can then share it's location with your friends so they can get it too. Research is sort of Pokemon Go's Story mode. This will be used to get the current Mystical Pokemon like Mew. It will have a bunch of stages with varying degree of difficulty with the end result of getting your very own special Mew and other special Pokemon!

2020.05.01%20-%20May%20Reward%20Encounter.jpg

2020.05.01%20-%20May%20Field%20Research%20-%20ONE%20PAGE.jpg

Weather

Pokemon-GO-Weather-Chart.jpg

Weather now directly plays a part during your gameplay! Depending on the weather in your local area, you can see more frequent spawns of those boosted Pokemon. Not only do these Pokemon appear more often, but all Pokemon of those types will be boosted as well. Meaning +5 levels and higher IVs as well. The max wild boosted Pokemon for lv 30s and above will be lv 35. This can become very useful in saving that precious stardust. All weather boosted Pokemon also award you 25% more stardust upon capture.

Available Shiny Pokemon

2020.02.07%20-%20Shiny%20Checklist%20-%20Sinnoh%20Appreciation%20Event.jpg

ERA Leaderboard

Add yourself and compare against each other in how we are all doing.

View Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cv0HvjdIefr9gtJwX58vWmHw9rEKws4pPiECM3aXH6Q/edit?usp=sharing

OT1: Pokémon Go |OT| Tap those mons!

Last edited:
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Go Level 40 Pokestop Submissions & Reviews!

Are you a level 40 player and looking to submit and hopefully review as well? Take a look at the link at the bottom of this post for a useful list of what is good to submit.

In general, here are some good ideas: Parks, Playgrounds, Gazebos & Pavilions, Trail Mile Markers (with the trail name on it), clock towers, exercise spots on a trail, sport courts (baseball, basketball, tennis, etc), art statues, murals, local hotspots.

I highly recommend you also help review as well. Not only will this help to push other's submissions along. But you will helping your local area improve as well as you can earn Upgrades! Foe every 100 reviews you do that end up getting a submission approved/rejected, you will get an upgrade. This Upgrade will fast track one of your submissions.

Review Portal: https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/

Helpful Guide on what is and isn't good to submit:

Last edited:

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a long road getting enough candies to evolve my Charmeleon to a Charizard, but I'm not sure which one I should go with. I have a lower CP one that has been my buddy for nearly 250km. I recently got a shadow Charmander from a Team Rocket Pokestop, which is somewhat higher in IVs (96% vs 89%) and higher in level, but is stuck with that Return move unless I waste a TM. It's 12 more candies for the old one or 2 for the new one. (Doing both isn't really an option. Probably going to walk a Magikarp next for one of the special research tasks.)

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I got screwed on Raikou day. My wife got 2, still waiting on being lucky. Lol.

So far up 300k. Should easily get another 150k. Issue now is I'm low of gifts lol.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped by Worlds for a bit after work. Barely made it to the venue in time to pick up my spectator badge and buy $250 worth of irl junk

For whatever reason they're not spawning Unowns like they did the previous two years (continuing a long trend of screwing the DC area), but the Relicanth/Aerodactyl research is super easy (there's no other research available in the event area). Also every fossil is spawning wild, got around 40 of each in a couple hours but no shiny luck at all.

I'll be back in the area tomorrow. Hopefully they actually turn the Unowns on then.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my counters ready for Suicune. Lots of Zapdos and Raikou.

How quick does aquapooch go down? I've not raided this one before.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
How do you guys determine total stardust for the day?
Take a screenshot beforehand. Or you could remember how much you had before but that takes too much effort.

Suicune raid day done. I went 1/15 plus caught one weather boosted 93%, one boosted 91% and one non-boosted 93%. I wasn't planning on using 9 premium passes on Suicune because I was only after the shiny, so that was a bit disappointing, but I eventually got it. Then I swapped over to my second account to wrap up the last five raids my group was planning on doing and got two shinies lol.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
New thread. Same lack of enthusiasm for raid days.

I think the most I've ever done is 5.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
My first raid day. Taking the kids with my mate and his. Hoping at least one of us gets one. Will prob be my mate. If he gets a normal Pokémon it's more of a shock tbh

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
New OT! Still got some time to go before our raids start, only got 24 passes this time around not counting the 5 freebies. Hoping I can catch them all but these will actually be my first time getting him.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Caught all 6 I raided and the second one was shiny.

The weather system in this game is garbage though. It was raining in game about 2 hours before the suicune raids started, when it wasn't raining in real life. The minute the suicune raids started and it actually started raining (first just a bit, later pretty heavily), the weather system changed to cloudy. Garbage.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Have fun! Raid days are the best!
Was a good 2 hours as that's all had time for. Did 4 raids. Caught all 4, 3rd one was shiny. Youngest caught a shiny roselia and my mates boy got a shiny Suicune, Sneasel and Shellder. He must of stile his dad's luck as he got nothing lol. Luckily we followed a big group so my lack of revives didn't matter as was 20 person and I only lost 1 Mon per raid.

All the ones we fought had Ice beam so they fucked my Zapdos's up. The first one we fought with just the kids and us and we beat it with 0 secs left on the clock. So that was lucky.

Last edited:

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If you caught it in the same month it will do. The pattern only changes when they change out research rewards I think.
Shit. I didn't know this! Is the Pokemon determined the moment you claim the reward, or before that? If yes I should have saved it until the next research rewards are out...

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I did 15 and got no shiny. I ran out of raid passes and didn't feel like buying extra for effin' Suicune, so I traded one with someone who got 3. That 60k dust didn't sting that much in this bonus week. I use a side account to give my terrible raid luck an extra boost, but even that account got 0/7.

I did get a random shiny Makuhita in between raids. I have way more random wild full odds luck than on raids.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Shit. I didn't know this! Is the Pokemon determined the moment you claim the reward, or before that? If yes I should have saved it until the next research rewards are out...
When you claim the reward. So for Spinda, you can earn the thing and then only click it when you switch months.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
If long distance trading were a thing I wouldn't even bother with Suicune Day and just ask you for one lol

I'd gladly give you one if that were a thing. lol

If long distance trading was a thing, I would add everyone here and we'd be trading some cool stuff. It'd be another layer of coolness added to the game. Damn you Niantic!

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Nothing new in a few months then. A lot of gameplay improvements and quests to help casuals. Glad they are continuing to be fair with pokemon after that egregious cash grab of canadough potter.

"Hey, buddy, I've noticed you need more potions to save gryffindor student a 70th time, friend. You can rent a potion brewing pot for $1 per day and spend canadough on missing ingredients and rush finish it guy"

In pokemon go you just spin stops and get razzes.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
It did. I can't complete a "battle with 3 other people" SDS quest because the map is dead. Couldn't have happened to a better game, lulz.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to skip out on Raid day. I'll have to wait till it's in raids again or Research.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My wife and daughter had a bridal shower to attend so they left their accounts on some old tablets for me to raid for them. That's pretty darned stressful lol trying to raid three accounts at once, not sure how that grandpa manages 20.

We did each get a shiny, so 3/18 total. Each one of use caught our shiny on the first throw, when the rest took about 10 each. Do they guarantee a shiny raid catch?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Just remember: Suicune is basically as useful as a Lanturn.

Also I imagine it'll return for a week during the Ultra Bonus with the other beasts anyway. Only the shiny rate then will shoot up to 1/20.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
What's the shiny rate for Suicine today? I got one on my second try, but still no luck on Rayquaza.

Edit: never mind, it's 1/10

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why Pokemon aren't more balanced in Go than the mainline games? You have half as many stats to deal with, smaller move sets and few support moves, and aren't tied to legacy stats. It seems like it would be pretty trivial to make more Pokemon meta relevant.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
1/6 -> got a 91% shiny

Also caught my second shiny Kanto Diglett along the way. Thus ends my shiny dry spell since the 4th.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Heh, this time went well, having obtained a 3* shiny Suicune with my 3rd try. I just only used up the 6 free passes then and was basically done in a little more than a half hour.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why Pokemon aren't more balanced in Go than the mainline games? You have half as many stats to deal with, smaller move sets and few support moves, and aren't tied to legacy stats. It seems like it would be pretty trivial to make more Pokemon meta relevant.

I feel like the relative simplicity would make it theoretically easier for balance but practically means you end up lopping off options for balancing.

In the main games any individual Pokemon has 6 stats, a nature, an ability, a hold item, and 4 moves chosen from a huge pool. The insane amount of variance means that any matchup could possibly go either way.

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
I never usually have people to raid with so I don't bother but I was at Worlds and so I ended up going on a full 3 hour raiding session around DC We even ended up at the White House at one point. Got 11 Suicune, 1 of which was shiny. Can't remember how many raids we did total. But Serebii was in our group so got to meet him which was cool. And also did two Rayquaza raids this morning. So it was a productive, fun, exhausting day!

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Just remember: Suicune is basically as useful as a Lanturn.

Also I imagine it'll return for a week during the Ultra Bonus with the other beasts anyway. Only the shiny rate then will shoot up to 1/20.
Lanturn's good for PvP, so Suicune's somehow even less useful.

Last I recall, they use an algorithm to convert stats from the mainline games into Go's stats, so they can't really re-balance them. The real difference makers are the moves and movesets though because Niantic's perfectly fine with fucking around with those. Just look at Metagross for example, one great move is the difference between it being one of the strongest Pokemon in the game and it just being dex filler. They even made Charm an offensive move because they'd already turned all the good Fairy moves into charge attacks.

Anyway, I just got four of my five free Sunday raid passes done nice and early and grabbed the fifth for tomorrow. I love this "bug."