• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope I'll be able to find enough players for defensive Deoxys in the next week. How many players are needed to beat it comfortably, 5-6? Oof, that's gonna be a hard one...

And I hope we don't go back to non-event spawns, even though I expect them.

Non-event spawns would at least be nice for the remaining 2 Whismur I need. Used to see a good handful of them daily and they immediately ceased appearing the second the research started due to these constant "events".

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what data Niantic has that shows that bullshit odds for events are more profitable than better ones?

I had budgeted $25 for incubators this week thinking that should be enough to reasonably get most of the Unown, but after seeing the crazy long odds and getting advice here, I didn't buy the second box, and had my wife and daughter skip, and talked my brother and his wife out of buying theirs too. But I suppose there are enough whales dropping $100+/event to make up for it.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Niantic are bit of a wildcard. They do a month long Shiny Rayquaza Raids and get crazy money made. And then they introduce 2 months of Flower Eevee as the new Breakthrough Research!

At least it's not the horrible Regis...

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Got a Cherubi, which is nice. I managed to hatch all my remaining non 10k eggs today, and all but 1 have been replaced by a 10k. So 8 chances left for a L Unown.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I had 156 incubators before the release of Gible. I now have 63. I hatched two Unowns and zero Gibles lol

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gible shiny community day will likely be the 1st Gible for many.

Except for when they mess up in EU :P

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The weirdest thing about Gible being so rare is how common Dratini, Larvitar, (and to a lesser extent) Bagon and Metang are. Like this time next year we'll be complaining about all the Gibles we hatched instead of the 1% chance one week event only Red Basculin we all truly wanted.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I'm still surprised they didn't change the 3 excellent throws in a row to Gible. Who even makes the effort for a Larvitar (anymore)?

I wonder what data Niantic has that shows that bullshit odds for events are more profitable than better ones?

I had budgeted $25 for incubators this week thinking that should be enough to reasonably get most of the Unown, but after seeing the crazy long odds and getting advice here, I didn't buy the second box, and had my wife and daughter skip, and talked my brother and his wife out of buying theirs too. But I suppose there are enough whales dropping $100+/event to make up for it.
Eh, the odds seem fine to me, even better than expected tbh. I didn't bother hatching a lot and got 3 Unown out of it (L, T, T). I figure everyone who played this week should have been able to get his dex entry. Now, getting all different letters... that was expected to be a nightmare. And I guess everyone who was serious about getting them had his wallet ready.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The weirdest thing about Gible being so rare is how common Dratini, Larvitar, (and to a lesser extent) Bagon and Metang are. Like this time next year we'll be complaining about all the Gibles we hatched instead of the 1% chance one week event only Red Basculin we all truly wanted.
No, it will still be Unown.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to wait till we have confirmation of the shiny Regionals in eggs before I open gifts. lol

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I just noticed that Sentret is in the 1* raid pool and I've never been more offended in my life. I honestly can't imagine wasting even a free raid pass on that.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I was thinking that this week would be boring for wild catches but if Absol/Mawile/Alolans in the wild is not a mistake... hoo boy that's fun. So it's probably a mistake.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wild Beldum!

I was wondering what the spawns would be for this week, since they didn't specify anything. They should just have a week of crazy shit lol.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! My second to last 10k was my third unique Unown of the event. That brings me up to 10 forms total. I went about 5/14 from 10ks, so pretty great luck. Got neither of the new shiny releases, however.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Raid bosses look good with Machamp, Gengar and Tyranitar.

Speaking of which, is it still worth doing Gengar raids? I only got one with low CP. But I have a few Tyranitar by now for psychic bosses.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
j5PIhMQ.jpg

u20ov4w.jpg

Well shit, that didn't take long.

Egg 7 and 9.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Do Pokestops reset their research at event change? There was a Spinda near my house at noon but will be very disappointed if the event nuked it

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I'll probably actually make an effort to go raiding this week. Last week, I only did a few weather-boosted Piloswine raids.

I got a bunch of 10k eggs yesterday, since stops seemed to be generous and my egg inventory was empty. Guess I'll see what comes of them! I already have the Gen 1 regionals, so I'm not really going to try for shinies.

Oct 25, 2017
About raids, If you're knocked out and the raid boss is beaten while you're in the lobby do you miss out on a chance to catch it?
I was knocked out at the same time a raid boss was but I wasn't sent back to the lobby. I'm not sure if I could have missed out.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
About raids, If you're knocked out and the raid boss is beaten while you're in the lobby do you miss out on a chance to catch it?
I was knocked out at the same time a raid boss was but I wasn't sent back to the lobby. I'm not sure if I could have missed out.
No. You can be in the lobby at the same time the boss is beaten and you're completely fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Added myself to the friend code list.

Would be great if at least 3 of you added me so that I could complete parts of research tasks! Also any gifts you can send are greatly appreciated so that I can have some chances are some regional pokemon!

6333 7098 7025

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Deoxys raids are going great, just saw posts asking for help when 6 people couldn't take down Deoxys D.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Saw great spawns right after the event change, figured I could go hunting tonight, they seem to be lamer now. Still some cool stuff but nothing like what I saw this afternoon :(

Got an Unown A in my last batch of eggs, so I ended up going 3/30, which isn't the worst. Here's hoping my quest for regionals goes much better though.

Did a Gengar raid and couldn't hit him with a curve ball. My phone's screen is too narrow to hit most of the far from the screen Pokemon (Gengar, Swinub, Rhydon, etc) with curve balls which is kinda annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
Completed my first 4 star raid and the Tyranitar fled
I've learned my lesson on using golden razz berries

RPG item hoarding has finally bit me in the ass

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
1 shiny Tauros in the wild so far. I figure it's probably smart to try to get as many of these as possible before I go to the Safari Zone in Taiwan just in case people there have the other regional shinies.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My first nine friend eggs, 2 Tauros, 1 Kangaskhan, and 1 Farfetch'd. About half of them had regional Pokemon in them so maybe the hatch rates for this one are reasonable (and I didn't just get a lucky draw).

Oct 25, 2017
So decent rate on the regional hatches then? Feel like I can grind my way through enough of the eggs I already have to get enough 7km ones to get a few. Kanto dex is almost done if not for them =/

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A wild dratini showed up at my house earlier and I caught a shiny feebas, beldum, alolan sandshrew. Hope these weren't errors and it's like this the rest of the week...

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Last week I did pretty good on shiny egg hatches but not on gathering 10km, and today I got a shiny Togepi so I'm off to a good start. Shame that Iceborne dropped too otherwise I'd be out there a lot.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

How is raiding without a dedicated group? Is it possible to solo some of the more difficult raids? Seems like things mostly revolve around that to get the top tier units? I do live in a city so it's not hard to find a gym that has a public raid part so I could occasionally get in on those. From this thread sounds like I need to practice my curveballs though.

Anyone willing to add a friend so I can do some battles to keep my research going? 1558 7092 5482
I'd highly recommend you find a local group (either via google or the Silph Road page wads posted above) because unless you live in Japan, it might be hard to randomly run into a raid group.

If you want friends, there's the google docs list in the OP. Though as has been pointed out, you'll need to open/send gifts for a month before you can do online PvP battles.

Oh and one extra tip: If you go into your friends list and look at your friends avatars, do you see a halo around some of them but not others? The halo means you've already interacted with them today, so don't bother opening any gifts from them until tomorrow because any further interactions won't increase your friendship level. It'll help save you wasting gifts and a little bit of the monotony of getting and sending gifts every day (though the shitty drop rate is still a nightmare).

Gible shiny community day will likely be the 1st Gible for many.

Except for when they mess up in EU :P
They'll probably increase the odds, put them in raids and add them to the 10km Adventure Sync pool by then, so there should be some decent chances of getting them eventually. I'm surprised they haven't done at least one of those already, as it's been out for months, but it seems like they're trying their best to milk all the people who're still looking for one. At this rate I don't think we'll get Gible CD till next June at the earliest, with Porygon, Trapinch and Abra/Rhyhorn filling in the non-starter months between then and now.

So anyway, I've just hatched the last of my 23 10km eggs and here's my final tally for the week:
2 Aerodactyl
1 Beldum
3 Dratini
1 Feebas
2 Lapras
4 Larvitar
3 Munchlax
1 Ralts
4 Shinx
2 Slakoth

Fuck this game. I really don't understand the logic behind their shitty hatch rates, it's as if it's designed to burn people out on the game. I don't really care if they lock shinies behind a shitty rate but for Pokemon that are basically the featured part of the first week of the event, I think any player who is willing to put the time, effort and especially money in should get at least one of them. This event seems like more of a reward for Niantic than players.

hergipotter

Oct 28, 2017
Finally hatched my first unown!! Right on time...
Now to get some regionals. So how does this work? I'm in europe. Do I need 7km eggs from other continents to get their regionals or are they just all in the 7km egg pool now?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Finally hatched my first unown!! Right on time...
Now to get some regionals. So how does this work? I'm in europe. Do I need 7km eggs from other continents to get their regionals or are they just all in the 7km egg pool now?
Just all in the egg pool. Just hatched my first 7

3 mr.mime... my regions Mon
1 kanghaskhan
1 taurus
1 Alolan grimer
Happiny

So everything but the farfetched I need. It's like they know