• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hatched my first group of 9 7k eggs, got every regional except the one I need, because of course 😂.

Oh well, gonna open gifts and go again.

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
I didnt get any unown welp at least I already had that dex entry otherwise I would have been pissed. Not really sure why I am even trying to go for the Shiny Regionals when the 7km egg pool is full of trash

at least the wild spawns are decent

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Got so many mon waiting around for the possibility of CD moves, evolution anxiety is real.

Pls and thank you for the gifts, feels like the drop rate is getting worse but I'm gonna grind gifts to send out after work.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Are all the flower crown eevees in the research box measly 2 stars. My mates had two and both 2 star and me and my kids all had one and they were all 2 star too. Honestly can't get any worse for research breakthroughs so there's that I suppose lol

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
So, speed form Deoxys is still Ex Raid exclusive? That sucks for plenty of people, although I'm glad it is to be honest. Already got 3 of them, so it's good for me that they aren't appearing.

Deleted member 13077

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far I've gotten uh...

4 shiny Tauros
2 shiny Absol
1 shiny Vulpix

All in the wild. Imagine how the Go Fest attendees are feeling.

I want to be diplomatic, but honestly, fuck them if it really bothers them. It's tiring having a group who play this game and think they're entitled to keep things gated away from other players.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
So, speed form Deoxys is still Ex Raid exclusive? That sucks for plenty of people, although I'm glad it is to be honest. Already got 3 of them, so it's good for me that they aren't appearing.

Nope - I did a speed form one this morning

Are all the flower crown eevees in the research box measly 2 stars. My mates had two and both 2 star and me and my kids all had one and they were all 2 star too. Honestly can't get any worse for research breakthroughs so there's that I suppose lol

Mines were rubbish but my girlfriend got a 96% one so they are not all terrible

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I tried to duo the Speed one this morning but it wasn't going well and it was cold. So I ran away.

Best to look out for Attack then.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Anyone willing to be friends in the game? I keep getting people who never send gift back... I would really need some 7 KM eggs right now considering the week we're on!

thanks!

Also i guess i'm fucked for the ripple in time, i have nobody to trade pokemon with :(

really annoying to live in a place where nobody do raids and so on, so many good thing i'm missing since it's too hard to solo these

Last edited:

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
For Deoxys just avoid the Defence one (big / chunky) which you need much more to do - trying to explain how to tell the difference for the others is hard

Best counters are dark and ghost so Dark Tyranitars / Shadow Ball Mewtwo / Gengar with Shadow Ball / Girantina Origin with Shadow Ball

Attack should be an easy solo - the attack character has 3 points on its head like a crown and four noodle arms that are not connected
Normal should be an easy duo - the normal one has Princess Lea type buns on its head and four noodle arms that are intertwinned
Speed really needs 3 (I think duo in certain weather is possible but aim for 3) it has a big spike on the back of its head and only two noodle arms
Defence can be done with 4 but aim for 5 or 6 - looks like someone in a space suit - its much much thicker than the others

Deleted member 13077

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So guess what. Beat Deoxys, game crashes every time I throw a ball or use an item...

Edit: had to abandon catching it. Wasted a lunch break. I'm absolutely furious

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
For Deoxys just avoid the Defence one (big / chunky) which you need much more to do - trying to explain how to tell the difference for the others is hard

Best counters are dark and ghost so Dark Tyranitars / Shadow Ball Mewtwo / Gengar with Shadow Ball / Girantina Origin with Shadow Ball

Attack should be an easy solo - the attack character has 3 points on its head like a crown and four noodle arms that are not connected
Normal should be an easy duo - the normal one has Princess Lea type buns on its head and four noodle arms that are intertwinned
Speed really needs 3 (I think duo in certain weather is possible but aim for 3) it has a big spike on the back of its head and only two noodle arms
Defence can be done with 4 but aim for 5 or 6 - looks like someone in a space suit - its much much thicker than the others
When people say easy solo for attack forme, are we talking a team of 6 lv 35 dark Ttars min?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Caught a low level Dratini by my work. 0 attack, max defense, 13 or 14 HP. I immediately released it because I don't need a low level Dratini but immediately after I realized maybe this might be good for PVP? Then I remembered the PVP kinda sucks and who cares.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
So guess what. Beat Deoxys, game crashes every time I throw a ball or use an item...

Edit: had to abandon catching it. Wasted a lunch break. I'm absolutely furious

If you use the help / contact Niantic section on the game you can ask them to refund you the raid pass

When people say easy solo for attack forme, are we talking a team of 6 lv 35 dark Ttars min?

Two teams of level 30 Dark Tyranitars is basically enough to solo it (one team with a quick revive is going to be very close to time) - 6 x level 35 will do it (even if you have to revive a few and go back in)

Remember ghost with shadowball is a higher DPS for this so Shadow Ball Mewtwo (I know not easy to have) - Shadow Ball Girantina Origin (which was a raid boss not that long ago) and Shadow Ball Gengar are all better choices for soloing just expect things like Gengar to die much more quickly.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone willing to be friends in the game? I keep getting people who never send gift back... I would really need some 7 KM eggs right now considering the week we're on!

thanks!

Also i guess i'm fucked for the ripple in time, i have nobody to trade pokemon with :(

really annoying to live in a place where nobody do raids and so on, so many good thing i'm missing since it's too hard to solo these
Add my accounts. I can send you gifts basically daily. Occasionally I get sent to a mine site for a few days but beyond that...

About to go to sleep though so if I miss it i'll get it in the morning and gift straight away.

EDIT: too many now ><

Others can add to if your active.

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Knocked out a Deoxys Attack pretty easily. 2* though :( Hopefully they keep showing up after work so I can snag 'em.

Probably the biggest reason I didn't do any raiding in the last week was the 15 minute count-down timers. For those people in Japan who don't have raid groups, we usually check the poke-map to see what's coming up, and get to raids right when they begin. It's easy for people to report them and show up when you have an hour to do so. But with 15 minutes, raids are usually reported after they've already begun. And at that point, I have no guarantee if people are going to be there when I arrive.

Deoxys is fine because most of the forms can be duo'ed, so I don't need to worry about other people. So, I'll probably do a raid or 2 every day. And with Mewtwo next week, I think TONS of people will be out at all hours of the day, so there's probably a better chance some random people will be there when I arrive. Though, I could still be waiting for a while, who knows.

With the initial release of Gen V a week away, I really hope they include all their regionals. I need to plan my flights back to the states for the winter holiday, so if I can get layovers in others countries (or parts countries) with exclusives, that would be clutch. Last time, I had a layover in Atlanta and grabbed some Carnivine!

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Two teams of level 30 Dark Tyranitars is basically enough to solo it (one team with a quick revive is going to be very close to time) - 6 x level 35 will do it (even if you have to revive a few and go back in)

Remember ghost with shadowball is a higher DPS for this so Shadow Ball Mewtwo (I know not easy to have) - Shadow Ball Girantina Origin (which was a raid boss not that long ago) and Shadow Ball Gengar are all better choices for soloing just expect things like Gengar to die much more quickly.
Hm, probably more of a duo for me then. Thanks though. Could have more Ttars but I've been holding out for SD.

Luckily I'm free for raid hour.

Danicard do you wanna egg for ultra? I was trying to queue up another but they're taking too long.

Edit. meepfx too

Last edited:
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Go Fest got to go to Go Fest, catch shinies and have fun. If any of them are complaining, they are taking this game way too seriously. lol

No shinies yet. But hopefully I'll hatch some soon.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks. Giving it a try, but been waiting about 30 mins now to speak to a real human.

Dont wait - just get past the initial bot and type your message / what happened and then leave - the chat is stored and someone will eventually get to it

I've not had problems on the game for a while (back when support was all via email) but I had a messed up pass last week (my game crashed 1/2 way through - when i rejoined the lobby it looked okay then kicked me out and would not allow me to join in again) - i posted that at the time it happened (~08:00 UK time) and had a reply in the early evening (18:00 UK time)

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled onto a wild shiny Bronzor, which was awesome.

The rate for the regionals seems way higher than it was for last year's event, so that's nice.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
Hello fellow players I picked GO because I was curious about how much the game has evolved compared when it launched, and with Unova(one of my favorite mainline pokemon games) pokemon coming to the game I think the time was right for my to start playing this game, this is my trainer ID, fell free to add 4768 2444 4069

Deleted member 13077

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is interested in the odds, I've hatched 18 7k eggs today, and got 2 of each regional. No shinies.

Edit: it's a bit messed up how easy is is to get a regional compared to the shit we went through last week for the Unown.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is interested in the odds, I've hatched 18 7k eggs today, and got 2 of each regional. No shinies.

Edit: it's a bit messed up how easy is is to get a regional compared to the shit we went through last week for the Unown.
eh, it's suppose to be easy to get Regionals. Was easy last year too. Though, seems easier this time. The difference would be if it was easier to get a shiny though.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Got two Taurus and a Kangaskhan iness than 10 eggs which was awesome (especially since I couldn't get an Unown). Just missing Farfetch'd now

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just duo'd an attack Deoxys. I know that's probably not the biggest feat but for my casual ass it was pretty great.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019

Hahaha, it's the complete opposite for me. Got a Unown in my first 10 km egg and hatched another 3 in about 20 eggs (didn't hatch much). Hatched about six 7 km eggs and got exactly ZERO regionals today. Not even the inevitable Mr Mime.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Hatched 4 10k's left over from the Unown event and got no Unown overall. I'm glad I didn't go hard for this. I did buy 2 ultra boxes for the raid passes and will gladly burn through all the incubators I got for 7k's.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hatched 4 10k's left over from the Unown event and got no Unown overall. I'm glad I didn't go hard for this. I did buy 2 ultra boxes for the raid passes and will gladly burn through all the incubators I got for 7k's.
Yeah, I think I picked the wrong box. I bought the incubator box but the regionals seem way too common to justify that many incubators (not complaining). I think I could have got all three if I'd picked the raid pass box instead.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Remember to save some incubators for community day, since it's gonna have a 3x stardust bonus.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Got a defense Deoxys in a pickup raid after work, which is cool because that was the one I was most worried about missing. All I have left is normal form (plus duplicates where I help family members).

Which form is the best, assuming I'm going to have a dozen or so candies to dump at the end of it? There's not even a speed stat in Go so what even does that form do?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Got a defense Deoxys in a pickup raid after work, which is cool because that was the one I was most worried about missing. All I have left is normal form (plus duplicates where I help family members).

Which form is the best, assuming I'm going to have a dozen or so candies to dump at the end of it? There's not even a speed stat in Go so what even does that form do?
If you play pvp, Deoxys defense is a must for great league. That's about it for all of them. Don't waste any stardust on them for raid purposes. They're dex fillers.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So they're teasing the gen 5 starters on twitter. They did this for previous gens as well. How ling did it usually take till they released them?