• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Have two attack Deoxys now and I know they're not useful but I still feel bad sending one off to be candy.

The second one I just got knows Dark Pulse. Wouldn't that be useful for Mewtwo (super effective and he'd resist Psychic attacks)?

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Have two attack Deoxys now and I know they're not useful but I still feel bad sending one off to be candy.

The second one I just got knows Dark Pulse. Wouldn't that be useful for Mewtwo (super effective and he'd resist Psychic attacks)?
He's so glassy it's hilarious. But I wouldn't not use him if you have enough people.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Well that was an odd situation. I had the day off so I went to the mall to hit its many Pokestops on a loop as I did a walk for exercise. I had two field researches for doing gym battles, so I went to one of the gyms there and knocked the other team out. Sadly they were nearly out of motivation so it only got me three battles out of the five I needed for one research. So I leave a 'mon there and continue walking. Pick up another single gym battle research along the way. Sure enough, within 15 minutes I check the gym and it's getting attacked. Great, I think, as I can just swing around on the next loop and fill up my other researches. I get there...and the gym is empty. I wait around a couple minutes as it says it's still under attack when I try to add one. Finally it lets me add one. So somebody knocked me out of the gym just to leave it empty?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Well that was an odd situation. I had the day off so I went to the mall to hit its many Pokestops on a loop as I did a walk for exercise. I had two field researches for doing gym battles, so I went to one of the gyms there and knocked the other team out. Sadly they were nearly out of motivation so it only got me three battles out of the five I needed for one research. So I leave a 'mon there and continue walking. Pick up another single gym battle research along the way. Sure enough, within 15 minutes I check the gym and it's getting attacked. Great, I think, as I can just swing around on the next loop and fill up my other researches. I get there...and the gym is empty. I wait around a couple minutes as it says it's still under attack when I try to add one. Finally it lets me add one. So somebody knocked me out of the gym just to leave it empty?
I do that sometimes because I think it's kinda funny in a dumb meta kind of way. Or I'll clear a remote gym and see how long it stays empty.

Sometimes I feel bad when I clear a gym right before an egg hatch and can't get someone in myself. No one gets the extra premier balls so I always feel like a bit of a jerk when that happens.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I do that sometimes because I think it's kinda funny in a dumb meta kind of way. Or I'll clear a remote gym and see how long it stays empty.

Sometimes I feel bad when I clear a gym right before an egg hatch and can't get someone in myself. No one gets the extra premier balls so I always feel like a bit of a jerk when that happens.
Heck, sometimes I feel bad when I clear the gym near my house because it was the only time I could really take a walk there and whoever was there is shy of the 8:20 mark, or if I actually managed to wait until they did, but somebody else recently joined them. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few of the faces attached to the trainers, and a bunch of them are just kids (although surprisingly, a couple are considerably older folks), while I could just pay money for my coins.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
That occasionally happens to the gym near my house, in the middle of the night. I'm usually the only person capturing gyms at unsociable hours, so I assume it's a crazy murderer trying to bait me to go there.

In your case it could be a kid being dragged along by its parents and not having time to add a defender before going out of range. Or a drive-by.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
In your case it could be a kid being dragged along by its parents and not having time to add a defender before going out of range. Or a drive-by.
Or someone who just really needed to do a couple gym battles for a quest but already had or was guaranteed the day's max coins and felt like being nice.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the good news is I might actually get to do a little bit of raid hour today.

Bad news is that, in addition to there being little interest in Deoxys, the weather has gone to shit...

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Yeah, I'm hoping I can at least find some people for raid hour, so that I can pick up another defense form or two in case PVP becomes more important in the future. The lack of Deoxys interest is real, though.

Edit: oh wait, community is this week! Could be good for another raid or two.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Caught my second shiny clampearl so far which is crazy since I only caught a total of 29 so far. That's damn good luck.

Also solo'd atk Deoxys and that felt a little weird doing a Tier 5 raid alone but I like it.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
First 7k regional I got was Mr Mime, was kind of expecting that troll, but! Right after that I hatched a shiny Magby. That's why I'm good with these regionals being in the best egg category. You still have a shot at a shiny baby.

Caught my second shiny clampearl so far which is crazy since I only caught a total of 29 so far. That's damn good luck.
I don't think there's foolproof evidence, but there's a high chance that Clamperl is a species has boosted rates like Scyther, Pineco and others. Same for Feebas.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is normal Deoxys rarer than the others? I see the other three on my radar all day but have only seen a single normal form since the event started.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Is normal Deoxys rarer than the others? I see the other three on my radar all day but have only seen a single normal form since the event started.
Maybe it's because Normal is the only one I still need, but I've noticed the same. Haven't seen a single one yet because I should get the grey outline. I'm going to check out raid hour, hopefully there's one around so I can check off Deoxys once and for all.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yesterday I ended up hatching all of my 7ks by lunch time and spent the rest of the day not spinning stops. Desperately trying to stagger hatches today so that I'm not in the same position, with limited success.

After this event, I think I'm going to be done with egg-focused ones. It's too gambly for my liking - going to just stick with the Infinite and any I get via boxes from free coins.

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got all the regionals i want already (taurus,kangaskan and farfetch) not spending more on incubators.

After more than twenty 10km eggs and not a single unknown last week this feels pretty damn good !!

Does each form of Deoxys takes a Slot in the pokedex? Im on vacations and dont want to track down each form, already got the speed one.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Got all the regionals i want already (taurus,kangaskan and farfetch) not spending more on incubators.

After more than twenty 10km eggs and not a single unknown last week this feels pretty damn good !!

Does each form of Deoxys takes a Slot in the pokedex? Im on vacations and dont want to track down each form, already got the speed one.
The forms are all part of the one Pokédex entry if that's what you mean. It's just like Castform.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Neat! got this at work today. I'll wait till Dec Community Day in case I can evolve it. Maybe.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Torterra's community day move is Frenzy Plant. Is that game changing and I need to get all the Torterras, or can I just look for a good shiny and call it a day?

Last edited:

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Failed a defence forme with a team of 6, all over lv 30. Bit pissed that you can get that many people together, who would easily take Ray, and still not get it.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Was a good hour. Got 2 96 attacks and a 96 normal. Already had speed. So did a weather boosted tyranitar with the kids ready for next week. Attack form zap cannon fucking obliterated my 3500 off tyranitar. Would of thought was not very effective was like 90% of my health bar fucked. Still only needed one team but still lol. Left defense form although is only one i need. All 4 Kids between me and my mate average level 29 and everyone else was just doing normal and attack deoxys.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've actually managed to get everything I wanted out of this event so far. Even though I've not got a shiny or anything, I feel extremely lucky to be honest.

Gonna go hard for Mewtwos next week. Should be able to snag at least 4 on raid hour, so I just need maybe two more in the week if I can?

Do we know if next week's Mewtwos can learn Shadow Ball?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Torterra's community day move is Frenzy Plant. Is that game changing and I need to get all the Torterras, or can I just look for a good shiny and call it a day?
Nah, it's not touching Roserade or Sceptile as top grass attacker. This comm. day however is perfect to gain large amounts of dust though, so I'll still be catching everything I see with a starpiece on.
They can't, Shadow Ball is legacy. They will learn Psy Strike which you can tm if you want.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
I've actually managed to get everything I wanted out of this event so far. Even though I've not got a shiny or anything, I feel extremely lucky to be honest.

Gonna go hard for Mewtwos next week. Should be able to snag at least 4 on raid hour, so I just need maybe two more in the week if I can?

Next week they are adding Psystrike as a new legacy move. No Shadow Ball. Hopefully they buff Psystrike.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Do I want Psystrike Mewtwos, or do I want some of them to be something else? Trying to think what the big raid boss will be after Mewtwo but I guess I can just use TMs as needed.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Do I want Psystrike Mewtwos, or do I want some of them to be something else? Trying to think what the big raid boss will be after Mewtwo but I guess I can just use TMs as needed.
IMO Psystrike Mewtwo is prolly your best bet. Mewtwo gets stab from Psychic and it's readily available. The problem is that Psychic is only super effective against fighting and poison which very few legendaries possess, but he remains a top tier psychic type.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Read this: https://pokemongohub.net/post/meta/mewtwo-in-the-pokemon-go-metagame/

I'd keep a few with psystrike but also tm some to ice beam/thunderbolt and maybe both with double charge moves. Thinking about powering a few to serve as gym sweepers but that's about it. For raids Mewtwo has been surpassed by others for the typings he has charge moves of. I don't have a SB Mewtwo but I don't really mind now since I have 4 powered Giratina O's. He's been outclassed in everything but psychic attacker... which you don't really need that often.

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017
A dream I have is that Niantic changes things up and starts releasing their own shiny versions. Finding a shiny is probably my favourite thing in Pokemon GO. How cool would it be to have more alternative colors?

yTx9fij.png

Oh and full disclosure this image was created with a tool I made that does fusions and colors only variants.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dream I have is that Niantic changes things up and starts releasing their own shiny versions. Finding a shiny is probably my favourite thing in Pokemon GO. How cool would it be to have more alternative colors?

yTx9fij.png

Oh and full disclosure this image was created with a tool I made that does fusions and colors only variants.
I think Game Freak should definitely add a second shiny variant for each Pokemon.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Had a great raid hour to my surprise. We got about 20 people together and did every form once (I skipped speed form since I've already got 3). Lots of casual players which made it more fun than usual. So I'll try to get 2 more defense Deoxys on community day, otherwise I'll do another Machamp/Tyranitar depending on the weather to improve my teams.

Also caught a surprise Spoink shiny on my way home. I got extremely lucky as I didn't know the shiny was out and almost didn't tap on it. Those are honestly so much better than those stupid event shinies. I know shiny hunters love it but I find little joy in clicking 700 Sentret just to find a shiny. Which you're kind of forced to when they have boosted spawns.