• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol so not only are they doing Turtwig in eggs on Community day (during this event? no thanks. at least they'll be 2k), but they'll have Turtwig raids during Comm day.

Why on earth would anyone want to waste time raiding Turtwig during Turtwig community day?

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
Lol so not only are they doing Turtwig in eggs on Community day (during this event? no thanks. at least they'll be 2k), but they'll have Turtwig raids during Comm day.

Why on earth would anyone want to waste time raiding Turtwig during Turtwig community day?
Raids like eggs guarantee better IVs considering most shinies have very low

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Raids like eggs guarantee better IVs considering most shinies have very low
Yeah, but the time it takes to sit in the lobby and go through the raid means more time wasted means less bonus catch stardust. And Turtwig's evolution isn't worth IV-hunting for anyways.

This might have been interesting with Ralts, but Turtwig just seems like a waste of time to me.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
As an option it's fine. They'll take up a fraction of raids and some people, somewhere will make use of them.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I always thought there was some group that collected Premier Ball Pokemon, which is why I thought some crap no one would otherwise want ended up in raids.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So I have two defense Deoxys, an 82% and a 73%. The 82% can go up to level 23.5 and stay under 1500CP, while the 73% can go to 24.0 (and ends up with like 9 higher total CP). Is the 73% the better Deoxys?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
1 Defense, 1 Attack, and 2 speed. Course I stumbled upon a Normal form raid (like the only one in the area) and my luck ran out, oh well. XD The Defense form was the best at 91% with the rest being mid to low 80s.

I love these raid hours. I hope they keep on coming.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I finally decided to catch my Weekly Research Pokemon that I started before Flower Clown Eevee, AND the Groundon happened to be a 100%!

7O0AYDA.png

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Went out with work yesterday, but managed to do a quick Deoxys raid at the start of Raid Hour just walking past the normal spot. That was good luck. That covered Normal, so I just have Defense and Attack to go.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
second day in a role I can't open any more gifts to get egg

it is like they don't want me to buy more incubator

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
So I have two defense Deoxys, an 82% and a 73%. The 82% can go up to level 23.5 and stay under 1500CP, while the 73% can go to 24.0 (and ends up with like 9 higher total CP). Is the 73% the better Deoxys?
If you care for PVP, you can check which has the better IV spread here: https://gostadium.club/pvp/iv

In your case it sounds like the 73% would be better but it's better to check above. It could be that the IVs are badly distributed, falling short for another point in HP for example.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So has anyone managed to hatch a shiny regional yet?

I got a shiny alolan sandshrew earlier, but no shiny regional yet from about 27 eggs.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If you care for PVP, you can check which has the better IV spread here: https://gostadium.club/pvp/iv

In your case it sounds like the 73% would be better but it's better to check above. It could be that the IVs are badly distributed, falling short for another point in HP for example.
So my 73% Deoxys is the 25th best IV spread available, while the 82% one is the 188th best spread. Well alrighty then, I know which one I'm powering up.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
So my 73% Deoxys is the 25th best IV spread available, while the 82% one is the 188th best spread. Well alrighty then, I know which one I'm powering up.
Another general advice, only power up if you need it. In Deoxys's case, if it ever becomes tradeable, yours (as all the ones from raids as they are at least 10/10/10) will be suboptimal for great league.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the last of my possible Unown eggs, 15 hatches and no Unown :/
This game can be so frustrating sometimes.

I noticed something while riding bike today, the speed does indeed seem to be increased, I can much more reliably get distance while biking. But only while the screen is off and my clicker is connected. When it's open, distance seems to be really minimal, no "driving" warnings though so at least there's that.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Just got an ex raid invite for the 22nd. Any hope it's not Deoxys? Would need to be announced in the next few hours, wouldn't it?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just got an ex raid invite for the 22nd. Any hope it's not Deoxys? Would need to be announced in the next few hours, wouldn't it?
Nothing's been announced, still Deoxys I guess. One thing I noticed is that the most recent raid hour definitely brought out the more casual players who don't do EX raids and still need the formes, at least in my community. I was only there for one Normal forme raid and most of the more dedicated players were missing. Next week's gonna be more crowded for sure.

Got a second shiny Swablu today, another family complete. Still hoping for that shiny Houndour since their stay has been expanded a bit. I do love these random 'smorgasboard' spawns, it's more interesting than a themed event.

Spoink is becoming my next Shellder, as in most checks without a shiny. Gimme that golden piggy.

Last edited:

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tried a three person Tyranitar and couldn't pull it off after five tries. We had a low level alt account that would 100% put us over the threshold but the GPS was acting up, teleporting it all over a five block radius constantly. We couldn't get it in the raid, very frustrating stuff.

We've never seen that before, is there a way to troubleshoot it? I tried rebooting the iPad and we tried two separate hotspots and both had the same issue.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just started to play again after having stopped for a long time since my data plan was switched to unlimited data meaning I no longer need to worry about data like I did when I quit. Also saw Turtwig community coming up and Torterra is one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of deleting the shiny pokemon I don't care about and tried to give them away

It's the same cost for sending and receiving? Why, It would cost me way too much to give them all away

these sparkly fellas are taking the one way trip to the professor

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I was thinking of deleting the shiny pokemon I don't care about and tried to give them away

It's the same cost for sending and receiving? Why, It would cost me way too much to give them all away

these sparkly fellas are taking the one way trip to the professor
You could just wait for Pokemon Home to come out and transfer them there where you can then send them to the main games where they are probably more valuable.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Tried a three person Tyranitar and couldn't pull it off after five tries. We had a low level alt account that would 100% put us over the threshold but the GPS was acting up, teleporting it all over a five block radius constantly. We couldn't get it in the raid, very frustrating stuff.

We've never seen that before, is there a way to troubleshoot it? I tried rebooting the iPad and we tried two separate hotspots and both had the same issue.
If it's a WiFi only iPad without cellular it will have issues like that when connecting to a hotspot. My friend's iPad had the same issue.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question, but did the flower crown Eevee research breakthrough thing basically just turn any Eevee encounter into a flower crown Eevee while disabling actual wild encounters? Haven't seen one in the wild since it started, but I finally got around to doing the research line where you get two Eevee encounters as rewards, and both had flower crowns.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Dumb question, but did the flower crown Eevee research breakthrough thing basically just turn any Eevee encounter into a flower crown Eevee while disabling actual wild encounters? Haven't seen one in the wild since it started, but I finally got around to doing the research line where you get two Eevee encounters as rewards, and both had flower crowns.
Exactly. Fun times.

Edit: Except the shiny one from jump start.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. Fun times.

Edit: Except the shiny one from jump start.
Cool. Guess my laziness paid off for once. Have the flower Espeon already and getting the Umbreon tonight, though I already had a normal one from using the name trick before (before I knew about the quest line). Suppose that with those extra two I'll easily have a full set of Eeveelutions, plus maybe keeping one unevolved one. As far as guaranteeing any particular Eeveelution, it's either the name trick which only works once per, the 10km/day/night for Espeon/Umbreon, or using the pay lures for the three newer ones?

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Cool. Guess my laziness paid off for once. Have the flower Espeon already and getting the Umbreon tonight, though I already had a normal one from using the name trick before (before I knew about the quest line). Suppose that with those extra two I'll easily have a full set of Eeveelutions, plus maybe keeping one unevolved one. As far as guaranteeing any particular Eeveelution, it's either the name trick which only works once per, the 10km/day/night for Espeon/Umbreon, or using the pay lures for the three newer ones?
Yes. Espeon/Umbreon also have a name trick but the other two need the special lures.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on here want to add me to their friend list and exchange gifts? I've got 10 of them sitting around in my inventory doing nothing. My code is in the spreadsheet for those interested

Oct 25, 2017
Got my last two Kanto regionals hatched on my way out of work yesterday! Kanto Dex is now at 150. I think whenever Mewtwo comes back in raids I will make a real effort to do it and catch one to complete the 151.

Johto I just need Heracross, Corsola, Smeargle (i just never bothered to try for this) and to finish the Celebi quest.

Feels pretty nice from a Gotta Catch em All perspective to only need to grind candy starting in gen 3.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited for next week. I've spent the last couple of weeks saying I don't want to be greedy and I'm just happy as long as I get the Pokédex entry. Next week though, next week I want as many of them genetic abominations as I can get my grubby little hands on.