• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
We had raids on-going at our EX Gyms so nothing for us. But on the positive side I got a shiny Geodude and Regice.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
It's baffling that Niantic allows clock-blocking to be a thing. Why can't they send passes out at midnight or something?

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
It's baffling that Niantic allows clock-blocking to be a thing. Why can't they send passes out at midnight or something?
I read they tried to fix it by blocking raids from hatching before the invites get send out. What I don't get is that they don't just program a raid to start so that it ends shortly before the invites get send out, to at least minimize the chances that there'll be an active raid. Raid days show they can program a raid to start at a certain time. So why not start an egg on ex gyms at 9:14 when invites get send at 11. Unless they're system is so broken that even that would somehow block the invites.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, why can't they also code it so that EX Raids aren't represented by invisible eggs that block raids for a week? The whole system is flawed.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking about how so many Pokemon are virtually useless. Would these help?

-Implement a physical/special split. This should double the number of viable Pokemon right?

-Since there are "raids" why not move to traditional raid roles like DPS, tank, and healer? Let the moves of defensive Pokemon tank damage from everyone else in the raid, and support Pokemon can heal and buff. Make whatever tweaks necessary to make straight DPS not the ideal strategy.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
-Since there are "raids" why not move to traditional raid roles like DPS, tank, and healer? Let the moves of defensive Pokemon tank damage from everyone else in the raid, and support Pokemon can heal and buff. Make whatever tweaks necessary to make straight DPS not the ideal strategy.

Gathering enough people to do raids is already bad enough for a lot of people, now having the right roles (tank, healer and dps) to fill groups would make things much worse lol.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Gathering enough people to do raids is already bad enough for a lot of people, now having the right roles (tank, healer and dps) to fill groups would make things much worse lol.
The way I'm imagining it, the new roles wouldn't make raids harder, but easier.

Like, if a raid now is a 4-5 person affair, it would still only take 4-5 people just doing straight DPS, but if everyone played roles properly then it could be done with 3-4 instead. Something like that.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The way I'm imagining it, the new roles wouldn't make raids harder, but easier.

Like, if a raid now is a 4-5 person affair, it would still only take 4-5 people just doing straight DPS, but if everyone played roles properly then it could be done with 3-4 instead. Something like that.

That could be interesting, but tbh, that would involve a lot of actual *game design* which is not Niantic's forte. I'd be happy with just a friends list UI overhaul for now lol.

There's a lot that could be done, but unfortunately it's not Nintendo or Game Freak at the helm, but an AR company instead. :(

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking about how so many Pokemon are virtually useless. Would these help?

-Implement a physical/special split. This should double the number of viable Pokemon right?

The easiest solution would be to just increase the raid timer but then that would encourage people to duo/trio more raids and we can't have that!

I got a stupid Kyogre from my research breakthrough this week. Feels like I'm never gonna get a Moltres. I could easily trade for one but I prefer filling up dex entries myself.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I finally got the 10,000 km trade quest done and have a lovely Seviper. My next quest that will sit in my list for weeks is Win 5 Raids. I do one raid per week on average. I'd drop it since I already have a shiny Aerodactyl, but I need another for the Let's Go quest chain.

Sometimes I think I play this game a lot, but this thread makes me think otherwise. My shiny count for the last event is zero.

I need all the birds from breakthrough boxes but of course I got a Groudon.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY! I stumbled upon one of my most wanted shiny mon since I picked Go back up and it's Magmemite. Found him while going to a late raid which makes me one happy camper. Or I suppose Yamper lol.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I had three last tries tonight (could've done more but there really hasn't been many raids the last two days) and still didn't get a single shiny Regi. :/ Not that it should be a surprise, since apparently all three had the standard 1/20 legendary shiny rate but doing that with three Pokemon for a three day event, which included a paid event, is a complete joke. I have to imagine they're going to bring the Regi's back some time soon because it doesn't really make much sense.

Oh well, at least we get a break now and can just stick with free passes. I've been avoiding Klink for a while because I was more interested in T5's but with three weeks of Coballion, I should be able to get plenty in.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I had three last tries tonight (could've done more but there really hasn't been many raids the last two days) and still didn't get a single shiny Regi. :/ Not that it should be a surprise, since apparently all three had the standard 1/20 legendary shiny rate but doing that with three Pokemon for a three day event, which included a paid event, is a complete joke. I have to imagine they're going to bring the Regi's back some time soon because it doesn't really make much sense.

Oh well, at least we get a break now and can just stick with free passes. I've been avoiding Klink for a while because I was more interested in T5's but with three weeks of Coballion, I should be able to get plenty in.
Oh God no. You shiny hunters need to chill. They'll probably have a 1/10 shiny chance raid day next year, that's certainly enough. We're already looking at 9 dreadful weeks of Swords of Justice in the near future, we don't need to make T5 even more shit with the Regis.

The way I see it is that shiny Regis were originally planned for next year. They only brought back the Regis for the weekend because of Regigigas. But after all the shit they've gotten last year because of them, they threw the shinies on top to sell the event pass. It's kind of a preview. If you've gotten a shiny during the event, good for you, it sits in your storage box a while longer. If not, you can get it more easily next year.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there is no way lol. I'm sure it will come back for sure, but no way the official Summer rewards.

Though, if they do, I'd be ok with it, just one less thing to do.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
They're not going to be summer rewards lol.

Well, this event for me was a bust, Regi wise. 0 Regi shinies on my main. :(

I had fun though, plus I caught my first shiny Lotad today.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I got my third shiny Aron today, that's 3 in 430 checks total, not too shabby. I wasn't really expecting any shinies since I didn't even play this weekend but I was glad to get this unexpected surprise this morning.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Oh fuck off Niantic

Seems like there's no Klink and Alolan Raichu in the next 3 weeks. Exactly the stuff I've been looking forward to finally doing

Edit: Raichu's still there, thank god

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Guess I'll be doing Raichu raids for the next 3 weeks instead of Klink. Already have the shiny though.

If they were smart they would have swapped out one of the T1 bosses for Litwick.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Oh God no. You shiny hunters need to chill. They'll probably have a 1/10 shiny chance raid day next year, that's certainly enough. We're already looking at 9 dreadful weeks of Swords of Justice in the near future, we don't need to make T5 even more shit with the Regis.

The way I see it is that shiny Regis were originally planned for next year. They only brought back the Regis for the weekend because of Regigigas. But after all the shit they've gotten last year because of them, they threw the shinies on top to sell the event pass. It's kind of a preview. If you've gotten a shiny during the event, good for you, it sits in your storage box a while longer. If not, you can get it more easily next year.
Oh bugger off. I'm far from a hardcore shiny hunter but I don't see how it's unreasonable to want a reasonable chance of getting them. There's no way they'll get raid days now that they've released their shinies, so the next time we see them will either be back in raids or in the research breakthrough pool where you may as well just write off the shinies immediately. It's not like we can trade for them either, since even dedicated raiders had difficulty getting them.

Also, last I checked Terrakion's the second best rock type in the game, beating out SD Tyranitar, so if you think that's dreadful then I'm not sure what you even want from T5 raids.

Anyway, removing Klink and even Shinx from the raid pool in an extremely quiet month is the most Niantic shit ever. Guess I'm gonna have to settle for Alolan Raichu and Alolan Exeggutor once I get sick of Cobalion.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Anyway, removing Klink and even Shinx from the raid pool in an extremely quiet month is the most Niantic shit ever. Guess I'm gonna have to settle for Alolan Raichu and Alolan Exeggutor once I get sick of Cobalion.

I was going to go after my 3rd shiny Klink to complete the set. Darn, I guess Alolan Raichu and Exeggutor it is. :/

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't have time to do the research past part 1 as I'm on holiday. But I managed to grab tyranitar and cranidos. Now it's changed the tasks I can get another cranidos.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had no luck with Corsola in Florida then see 3 on nearby which was way too far away. Then I hatch one in a 5k so that's my johto Dex complete now too

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Always best to wait a full day to see what raids are available then complain on the internet ;)

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had no luck with Corsola in Florida then see 3 on nearby which was way too far away. Then I hatch one in a 5k so that's my johto Dex complete now too
2 years ago, exactly, I found all mine on the beach (clear water Florida). Was during the Halloween event, so a little more boosted on beach spawns points perhaps.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up doing Colossal Discovery which I found pretty fun, I've never really participated in a raid day or had a lot of passes at once before so this was a good first experience. Was enjoyable running around and strategically planning where to hit next, what research tasks to complete and Rocket grunts to beat. Plenty of people out and about too.

Ended up with a shundo Regirock and a bunch of Regis that will boxwarm now.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck off Niantic

Seems like there's no Klink and Alolan Raichu in the next 3 weeks. Exactly the stuff I've been looking forward to finally doing

Edit: Raichu's still there, thank god
Klink is still there as well. Shinx as well. TheSilphRoad is wrong, and scanners easily confirm it.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Always best to wait a full day to see what raids are available then complain on the internet ;)
The whole reason why Klink and Shinx are available is literally because people complained on the internet. Look at the T1 boss pool, it's huge, that wasn't planned.

Hmm, I wonder by when we will see the Rocket stuff get activated for the admin and Giovanni himself?
The new version that just got released to iOS didn't add anything significant, so I imagine they can flip the switch any day now.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Bleh messed up the kana, レジ (reji) not レギ (regi)

How is Kyogre written & pronounced in Japanese?
Kyogre is カイオーガ or kai-oh-ga. Though, Japanese doesn't have an "er" sound, so a trailing "a" is usually an "er". So, kai-oh-ger.
Groudon is グラードン or grah-don.

Most (or all) of the legendary and mythical pokemon have names nearly identical to the English counterparts. Most of the regular pokemon Japanese names are translated or localized into English. Bulbapedia has some trivia here and there based on the etymology of English and Japanese pokemon names.