• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I wish people would stop bitching about not getting shinies too (except for catches like Feebas Task day or when EUAsia gets screwed over too). What's worse is when someone complains about getting a low IV shiny. Nuts! lol

There is a reason why the OT title has "Y U NO SHINY?", it's making fun of the people here and elsewhere that go way over the board. lol

All I'm trying to say, is that give it a few days. This is a permanent feature. There is no reason to rush. Hell, I live in Metro Atlanta, of all places, so if I wanted I could attempt to drive 20 min into the city to get it, but I'm good. I'll wait till it's elsewhere. There are plenty of things to complain about their programming/managing skills (That "your regional" egg event from 2 months back for example) that we don't need to add extra shit for the sake of it.
I know there's no rush. But again, this is not about the fact that it takes some time to roll out, it's about their poor ass communication of pretty much everything. It's really annoying and worth bitching about. You'd think you'd just need one semi-competent guy to manage that but I don't know what's the problem. Hell, I didn't even get a notification that raid hour is happening today, and honestly, it showed in players attending.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Next weekend is gonna be busy. Sword/Shield launch and Community Day. There's a Korean event going on with Unowns and Illumise. It's also been a while since a new wave of Pokémon have been released.

I expect we'll see some kind of increased spawns with Sword/Shield. Probably a new shiny. Maybe new event research tasks. But Galarian Pokémon? Is it too early for them to appear in Pogo? How long after Sun/Moon did Alolan Pokémon show up in Pogo?

I could also see a new wave of Pokémon coming with the Team Rocket stuff. With more ways of getting Unova stones, people will need more Pokémon to use them on. Maybe release the "bad" Gen V Pokémon, like Scraggy and Sandile.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I did two Rocket leader battles today. The first one was a real toughy, but I managed to beat it and got myself a Unova stone! The second one was much easier as I had the right counters for it (Machamp) but no Unova stone sadly.

I'm happy that there's an incentive to do these rocket battles now.

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The link with willows message more or less said it started 11/7 even the part of the text was redacted.

So happy eevee is out of research breakthrough- just pulled a shiny moltres for my first breakthrough.

caffeinedreamer

Community Manager at SEGA
Verified
Nov 12, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Two friends grabbed Shiny Flower Eevees just as that Research Breakthrough reward was coming to and end. I understand the Legendary Birds are more desirable, especially due to them representing each team, but I sure would have loved a Shiny Flower Eeveeluition set!

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Two friends grabbed Shiny Flower Eevees just as that Research Breakthrough reward was coming to and end. I understand the Legendary Birds are more desirable, especially due to them representing each team, but I sure would have loved a Shiny Flower Eeveeluition set!
I have shinies of everything in the current breakthrough pool. I don't have shiny flower Eevee.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hatched this last night, was a real nice surprise! Just need 1 more now

EIvAgmZX0AEyW0z

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So do we fight Giovanni once, for one Shadow Legendary Pokemon? Or will he be challengeable multiple times?

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

Couldn't help but notice immediately in the AR Buddy demo there's a Poffin slot. It also looks like there's a happiness mechanic going on.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see it implemented in the future as a way to evolve certain Pokemon. I think a lot of mons in BW/XY/SM evolve with friendship and...i can't imagine they're just going to make a stone for each region...or would they?

It looks like a lot of fun though.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Loving this new Team Rocket research so far. This has gotten me doing those battles again.
Not a big fan of sticking
spin Pokestops 5 days in a row
on page 2/6 tbh. It's pretty anticlimactic.

Rocket leader battles have been pretty good so far, though, finally a nice challenge. Haven't checked but it's always Master League, their CP won't change if I select my GL team, right? Cause my ML PVP team is pretty much non-existent and I don't have many maxed out Pokemon because there has been no point so far.

Last edited:

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Am I missing something on the rocket radar for 200 coins? I imagine it makes more sense in the later stages of the special research to cut time to Giovanni short. But 200 coins is 2 raid passes and for it, you get 1000 stardust and a chance at an Unova stone?

You can apparently do the new special research once a month.
That's actually really great. I hope they have one specific legendary/strong shadow Pokemon you can get from Giovanni each month. Would be a good way to re-introduce some legendaries to players and not waste it on T5 raids.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
It's a free legendary every month. 🤷‍♂️
And a way for lapsed players to get birbs (and higher level than the breakthrough), love it.

Is Gio a one off battle each time, or can you re-challenge? Would be rough to get that far and not have the right counters, unless his team is always the same.

Edit. Is a lot of stardust/ potion investment though so I can see why some people would skip

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Edit. Is a lot of stardust/ potion investment though so I can see why some people would skip
Well, stardust-wise it should pay for itself. So far, we know you need to battle 3 grunts and 3 team leaders. That gives you 13.5k stardust with 2k as research rewards, presumably Giovanni gives >= 1k stardust as well. If you purify only bats and rats, it costs you 15k.

And potions, who cares lol, open some gifts if you need some.

What is the reward for Giovanni this month? I need zapdos.
We don't know, the special research is time locked for at least 5 days.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Well, stardust-wise it should pay for itself. So far, we know you need to battle 3 grunts and 3 team leaders. That gives you 13.5k stardust with 2k as research rewards, presumably Giovanni gives >= 1k stardust as well. If you purify only bats and rats, it costs you 15k.

And potions, who cares lol, open some gifts if you need some.

We don't know, the special research is time locked for at least 5 days.

Ah okay.

I'm at that time gate keeping too. If it's a dice roll, I'm going to ignore it.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
True, I've got tons of them but you always see people complaining they're low on potions and revives

Yeah if you're picky about what you purify I guess it can be cheap, but I normally fight whatever ones I find and ground/ water/ psychic tends to come up more often than rats
There are plenty of guys in my community that complain about half their good Pokemon being dead and not having revives. Those are also exactly the persons that don't open gifts I send them. At some point, I stopped telling them to do so and let them keep being stupid.

True, might be that you're unlucky with which Pokekon you get. I still see plenty of rats and bats. But well, now that we know we might need to purify 15 Pokemon each month (or it might not even be every month, who knows), we can keep a bunch of shadow rats and bats for the next task.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's a shadow legendary. That's cool enough on it's own. Esp as it will likely rotate.

Anyways got 5 components today, will get the 6th and battle a leader tomorrow.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently Niantic forgot to turn Rocket leaders on for APAC. Niantic gonna Niantic.

Edit: Fixed now.

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I've stockpiled shadow rats and bats just for the purpose of required purifying, which looks like the way to go. Only other stuff that gets purified is the really strong or useful Pokemon.

You can apparently do the new special research once a month.
I like this a lot.

Doesn't seem like Giovanni is worth the effort. Maybe I'm wrong.
It only takes a small amount of extra effort if you already do some Rocket battles. It's just another layer of objectives and goals to give basic functionality a little more reward.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
It only takes a small amount of extra effort if you already do some Rocket battles. It's just another layer of objectives and goals to give basic functionality a little more reward.
I guess it depends on the shadow legendary reward, because spending stardust to purify 15 shadow pokemon is a costly endeavor. Wish I had saved all my rattatas and zubats now lol

Klink/Shinx are gone from raids again..for now until people complain and Niantic realizes it.

Pretty sick of seeing Shinx now tbh. So many hatched from 10k eggs.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Would be a legendary troll if shadow legendaries are like normal shadow mons and range from 0 to 15 IVs.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I really wonder when they changed, this morning at 6h30 I was looking at a Shinx thinking it should have been a Klink instead. They are fucking weird.
And I could have caught the last Shinx ever.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, I raided a Shinx two and a half hours after Niantic-o-clock yesterday, well after any raid pool changes...

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Did my first leader battle and Sierra ruined me lol, nothing I had could resist Sneasel enough to kill it and get both her shields but managed to edge it after a few goes.