• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, 3+ weeks is for those who aren't hardcore and don't get to play very often. At the beginning when they had only like 2 weeks or w/e for the birds, was too short. Many were left without one.

Also, really depends on the Pokemon. Rayray being here for a month or any other useful Pokemon wouldn't really be complained about.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Also, really depends on the Pokemon. Rayray being here for a month or any other useful Pokemon wouldn't really be complained about.
Yeah, hence "do we need 3 weeks for each legendary" :D

I feel like the old legendaries were still special. People complained about not getting Articuno, will they complain about not getting "that Genie dude" (just one of the names I've heard today)? Not sure, I kinda doubt it. By now, there's raid hour, friendship bonus for available balls and if you really miss out and want it, you can still trade one.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Most people where I live don't bother with legendary pokémon that are bad or don't have a shiny version. After the first days the raid scene dies out completely.

So if you don't have that legendary in the first couple of days you are screwed

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
If Tornadus was actually useful, it would help. But they know Tornadus isn't useful. That's why they're having raid days.
It's only overlapping with Lickitung, though, which isn't great. Tornadus is already gone again when Gengar and Nidorino raid day is. Lugia, Ho-Oh and Lati@s redos were done much better.

Most people where I live don't bother with legendary pokémon that are bad or don't have a shiny version. After the first days the raid scene dies out completely.

So if you don't have that legendary in the first couple of days you are screwed
This is also very true. We didn't even get our usual group together for Cobalion and Viridian's raid hours.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I'm in for Party Hat Lick Gengar. Hopefully we'll have Cloudy weather that day.

Even though I haven't really cared that much about forms, I've still been collecting them all, but with TEN! new forms? Nawww. I already have enough Pokemon clogging up my inventory. I don't think I'll go out of my way for any of them unless they spawn in the wild.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I'm in for Party Hat Lick Gengar. Hopefully we'll have Cloudy weather that day.

Even though I haven't really cared that much about forms, I've still been collecting them all, but with TEN! new forms? Nawww. I already have enough Pokemon clogging up my inventory. I don't think I'll go out of my way for any of them unless they spawn in the wild.
Why ten, anyway? Hat Pikachu is the same as before, right?

But we also still don't know how many cloned forms there will be. The announcement says "special Clone Pokémon—including Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise—will appear in four-star raids", so there should be more, potentially pushing over the 10 new but 'useless' forms.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So where does costumed shiny pokemon fall into that lol
funny enough, as someone who wants a live shiny living pokedex, I don't really care for those. It's cool when I get one (Got a beane, witch & santa chu), but that's about it.

Different forms I don't care about much either, only when it's different enough. Like for say Kanto & Aloa versions.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to delete all my costumed Pokemon because I don't see the point anymore. If they'd kept releasing one or two a month I probably wouldn't have noticed as I gradually caught each one but when they go way overboard and release 10+ at once, it becomes so much more obvious that trying to collect them is a waste of time, effort and storage space. And I say this as someone who had a living dex on the 3DS that included all the different Vivillon patterns, different sized Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist and so on.

And as for raid timing, I'm perfectly happy with the current setup which seems to be 3 weeks for new legendaries and 4 weeks for new shiny legendaries, with some raid weekends and days added in to mix things up (though two raid days in three weeks is absurd). It gives people plenty of time to get the raid boss and plenty of downtime if you get in early, which you can use to try and go for the hundo, raid T1-4 bosses or just take a break from the game. The last thing I want is for them to release a new T5 every week or even every two weeks and feel like I have to dedicate even more time to this game.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm kinda eyeing a clean up of special hat Pokémon now that there's gonna be a zillion of them. Though I'm definitely going to be part of the problem with the party hat gengar and I would hope party hat nidorino/king?

*even though on the last page I wasn't too thrilled at the idea of more party hat things I've come around to the idea at least in theory.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Bonus hour is Double Catch Dust. So, they'll probably cycle through Double Catch XP and Double Candy, too. Maybe even 1/2 Hatch distance?
Guess I'll have to play at 6 again today, sigh. Double dust is always great, not a big fan of limiting it to a certain hour, though.

Yeah I'm kinda eyeing a clean up of special hat Pokémon now that there's gonna be a zillion of them. Though I'm definitely going to be part of the problem with the party hat gengar and I would hope party hat nidorino/king?

*even though on the last page I wasn't toothrilled at the idea of more party hat things I've come around to the idea at least in theory.
Nothing wrong with Gengar and Nidorino, we'll get the free passes and can only use them on those two, anyway. Gengar also gets two legacy moves back, that's a great raid day. Party hat starters could be okay, too, if the egg pool is them exclusively and they don't dilute it with other nonsense.

The clone Pokemon is what I don't like. You get the evolved starters with bad moves and need to raid for them? That's a no. Especially as you can't solo them and need other players for the raids.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree with you there. It's funny though how you would never use their hyper beam moves in the main games because they suck but in Go? Almost 99% required otherwise they're bunk.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Niantic have confirmed the new party hat Pokemon won't evolve:

It doesn't really change much for me but it seems like both good and bad news. Good because even if you care about collecting every single costumed Pokemon, you don't need to go crazy trying to get 9 Eevee's, 3 of each starter, etc. Bad because who the fuck wants a Nidorino that can't evolve? The funny thing is if they'd given us normal Nidorino I probably would've raided a ton because I've only got one shiny male Nidoran at the moment and would love to complete the set.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Did anyone even expect them to evolve? That ship has thankfully sailed with Halloween costumes.

And fuck yes, I do want that party hat Nidorino! I'm a huge fan of those, besides stuff I want to feed for candy, I almost exclusively put party hat Pokemon in gyms lol. The plan is to do 2 Nidorino and 4 or 5 Gengar on raid day.

Edit: oh wait, the article is saying clone Pokemon are stronger than their normal versions in the movie? What are the chances they'll actually be stronger and not just a costume change? Might make those interesting.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to complain about this each time it happens, but I hate that costume Pokemon don't evolve any more. It completely kills the momentum of these events.

Also: does anyone else thing wild Pokemon jump more frequently? Ever since the start of the Lunar New Year event, every random wild Pokemon jumps like a madman, usually right as a ball would hit them.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Silph Road reddit claims Gible spawns are boosted for the Sinnoh event. I'll wait for some proper impressions. Boosting it doesn't sound too exciting, even if they triple the spawn rate it's still stupidly rare lol

The field research tasks don't really look worth doing. Hatch 5 eggs for a Sinnoh Stone is a huge no, using a Sinnoh stone for one (or stacked three) Cranidos is also only decent considering they all cost a ton of candy. I guess catching 5 of the starters for 1000 dust seems to be a decent one if they spawn enough.

Oct 26, 2017
Silph Road reddit claims Gible spawns are boosted for the Sinnoh event. I'll wait for some proper impressions. Boosting it doesn't sound too exciting, even if they triple the spawn rate it's still stupidly rare lol

The field research tasks don't really look worth doing. Hatch 5 eggs for a Sinnoh Stone is a huge no, using a Sinnoh stone for one (or stacked three) Cranidos is also only decent considering they all cost a ton of candy. I guess catching 5 of the starters for 1000 dust seems to be a decent one if they spawn enough.

For my home town, 3 times 0 chance is still 0.

Putting my hopes and dreams into the 7 km eggs.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
27 candy yeah? Or 54 if you pinap. An addition 27 if you trade each one with a Pokemon from 100k away. And another 9 if you're doing trades going the way, and then transferring. You could get 90 candy off of 9 field research.
We're not getting bonus candy, right? So each one is only worth 6 after Pinap, and 1 for the transfer. You could save the cranidos until the trade event for double trade candy. In which case that 1 could become another 6. But I'm a bit stupid. It is 100 Murkrow Candy and 1 Sinnoh stone of course for three Cranidos if stacked. An even better deal.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I have a maxed Rampardos and 80 candy to spare, but it's painless enough to grab some more on the cheap. I've got like 2000 candy each for Rhyhorn, Swinub, Murkrow, and Roselia, and 30 some Sinnoh stones, so why not.

We're not getting bonus candy, right? So each one is only worth 6 after Pinap, and 1 for the transfer. You could save the cranidos until the trade event for double trade candy. In which case that 1 could become another 6. But I'm a bit stupid. It is 100 Murkrow Candy and 1 Sinnoh stone of course for three Cranidos if stacked. An even better deal.
No candy bonus this weekend, but you could stack the rewards for the following weekend and catch them then to really capitalize.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Nope no bonus candy. You'd get 6 for each with a pinap. But you could get another 3 candy if you traded a Cranidos with a mon from 100k away. And then if you received a Cranidos from another trade, you could transfer that one for 1 candy. For example, I trade my new local Cranidos for a far away mon, and then trade a far away mon for my pal's local Cranidos, and then transfer (if it sucks). I still have around 100 or so distant Piplups from community day.

10 candy for each. So, if you stacked 3 of those quests, and did it 3 times, you'd have 90. That was my math. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can grind candy just by walking but not having a good and decently easy research task to get a few Sinnoh Stones to evolve some of my stuff is a hummer. Hatch 5 eggs just screams spend a shitload of money on incubators

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
You're burning money trying to hatch a shiny Riolu anyway, right? Hatch 5 eggs seems a bit harsh tho. Hatch 3 would've probably been better, as those Riolu eggs are 7km.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
A tie in BL counts as a loss :sadface

I know that I didn't win but I technically didn't lose. At least give me a rematch, Niantic!

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
For Darumaka, I only used the infinite incubator and only hatched 4 eggs. No Darumaka... :/

If Gibli spawns are actually boosted, I'll probably drive around for a bit this weekend and see what I can see. Otherwise, I'm just going to finish up my Death Stranding platinum.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone even expect them to evolve? That ship has thankfully sailed with Halloween costumes.

And fuck yes, I do want that party hat Nidorino! I'm a huge fan of those, besides stuff I want to feed for candy, I almost exclusively put party hat Pokemon in gyms lol. The plan is to do 2 Nidorino and 4 or 5 Gengar on raid day.

Edit: oh wait, the article is saying clone Pokemon are stronger than their normal versions in the movie? What are the chances they'll actually be stronger and not just a costume change? Might make those interesting.
You're part of the problem!

I absolutely thought they'd let Eevee evolve. This is the company that gave us two fucking months of flower crown Eevee research breakthroughs, so trying to repeat that rubbish totally seemed like a Niantic thing to do, especially since the reason why they're doubling down on party hat Pokemon seems to be because of the positive reaction to party hat wurmple.

I guess they could give the clone Pokemon different stats, since Armored Mewtwo isn't in the main games and they've already messed around with its stats, but even if they did, without their CD moves anyway they wouldn't be good anyway.

So the Sinnoh event has been going for a few hours here. A friend saw a wild Gibite in town, so either he got incredibly lucky or there's a decent chance of running into one. You can get two eggs from opening gifts but it's still random. I had 9 open slots, opened 10 gifts and half of them didn't give me any eggs. Thankfully I'm only going to use my infinite incubator so it doesn't really affect me. Sucks for whales though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
You're part of the problem!

I absolutely thought they'd let Eevee evolve. This is the company that gave us two fucking months of flower crown Eevee research breakthroughs, so trying to repeat that rubbish totally seemed like a Niantic thing to do, especially since the reason why they're doubling down on party hat Pokemon seems to be because of the positive reaction to party hat wurmple.

I guess they could give the clone Pokemon different stats, since Armored Mewtwo isn't in the main games and they've already messed around with its stats, but even if they did, without their CD moves anyway they wouldn't be good anyway.
I mean, yes but also no. I like those party hat Pokemon as long as they're easily available. People buying a shitload of incubators to hatch shiny Riolu are the bigger problem and the reason why so much stuff gets locked behind eggs and raids.

hergipotter

Oct 28, 2017
I think they are boosted quite a bit. I only ever saw one gible before but today I already saw two gible and one gabite on the radar. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work and could not go and catch one...

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I ended up playing for about 2 hours after work tonight. No Gible, but I think I'm going to burn through all my 2k eggs with the infinite and replace them with 7k's. And then once I'm full, go through the 7k's with the infinite. It does fill me up with 7k eggs, but it'll give me more free chances at a Rilu or Givoe than piece-mealing a 7k like I did for the last event.

I feel like this event has ruined the Unova spawns :/ Especially Rooferola (whatever) in raids.

Also, I spun around 30 stops and found 7 Cranidos quests and only 3 1000dust quests. And few of others. Small sample size, and quick to conclusions, but it seems like Cranidos is the most common quest.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I love this event.
I caught my first Hippo ever, finally, one of my favorites.

And I saw my first Gible ever.
On the radar.
2 km away.
While I was at work.

I'll get you one day, Gible!

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Def seeing increased Gibles. Saw one on way into work. No way could have gotten it, but def seen others mention seeing other around

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
No Gible seen so far but I've caught a Gabite lol. That was easy to get though, as the silhouette showed it from far away. That's still a thing I don't got why they don't implement it. Let me highlight certain Pokemon I want to see nearby.

Also, the cunts have completely removed Roselia spawns, haven't they? That was such an obvious choice for Cranidos quests but now they lock Roselia behind T2 raids. Lol what

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Lol, don't you have like a 1000 Rosalia candy anyway?

Also, at first glance it may seem that Tornados is just the flavor of the month, but a couple of Sinnoh mons are the top counters, like Cranidos, Electivire, and Mamoswine. Perhaps it's coincidence but this is a good event to build good T5 counters.

Melkaz

Oct 26, 2017
I saw one an hour ago. They do seem less frequent though.

Also saw one during my city walk. Hatched three eggs, Gible, Hippopotas and freaking Bonsly.

In the wild I saw 1 cranidos, 0 gibles nor Gabite but I do live in a smaller city to begin with. There must be "plenty" around New York City I would assume.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Saw a Gabite far away on my way to work but couldn't detour to catch it.

Caught a shiny Piplup which is cool because I missed community day.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
finally managed to get 4 wins and got myself a snorlax (didn't have one yet). before it seemed i would run into at least two teams that were pretty much perfect counters to mine. now i'm rolling with cloyster-gyarados-electrode team, which seems safe for 3 wins. gyarados does seem like a weak link so far. cloyster is mvp, though electrode takes care of business when zapdos shows up.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
So, I've used up the rest of my incubators on Sinnoh eggs:
2 Mantyke
3 Combee
2 Buizel
2 Shinx
1 Bonsly
1 Budew

I mean, I'd honestly like to spend money on incubators. But I, also honestly, just can't justify it for this bullcrap.

I saw one an hour ago. They do seem less frequent though.
Yeah, I found one too an hour ago. And yes, the spawns are definitely heavily reduced.

Lol, don't you have like a 1000 Rosalia candy anyway?
1241 to be exactly, after I've already evolved way too many in the last months because I couldn't be bothered to roll that insane TM lottery to get Grass Knot. That doesn't help me when I don't have a single Roselia left to evolve, though lol

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cause I'm going to Universal/Vacation on Sunday, currently not hatching any eggs (beyond the current 5k eggs i have). Have 7 10k eggs, was hoping for 9, but still good.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got a perfect Roselia the other day and evolved it to Roserade, but I don't know if I'll ever bother trying to reroll those stupid charge moves. The TM system has gotten beyond ridiculous.

In other news, picked up a shiny Machop from a task and then my gotcha got a shiny Bronzor on the way to work.

Good start to my Friday!