• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spykupp

Aug 22, 2018
It seems to me that Gible is spawning at the same rate as Gyarados during the last event. Had never seen a Gible before and am currently at 2 in the first 3.5 hours.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
It seems to me that Gible is spawning at the same rate as Gyarados during the last event. Had never seen a Gible before and am currently at 2 in the first 3.5 hours.
I don't know, I've played for the same amount of time and have seen zero Gible but a Gabite, so I'm not complaining. But I'd seen much more Gyarados in the last event in that amount of time.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Well some brave soul went through the town last night and identified nearly every single research task downtown. I may end up playing for a few hours tonight after all and fill up on Cranidos.

I wonder how long it would take me to do 30 of those dust quests.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a 100iv woobat. On my second try too so he'll be my evolvee although he will probably never get any use lol.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking, with the buddy system out it's a shame they didn't consider putting in certain abilities that attract Pokémon like static, magnet pull, storm drain, etc for overworld encounters.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

Walked 46 km today, zero Gible. This could have been such a great event.

Instead we got a bunch of community repeat pokémon.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
With two 7k eggs, got my second shiny Budew. Yay?

With the spawns, haven't seen much of interest beyond two Cranidos.

Finally succeeded at winning 4/5 battles after hitting rank 8 and got a damned Larvitar. :(

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, yes but also no. I like those party hat Pokemon as long as they're easily available. People buying a shitload of incubators to hatch shiny Riolu are the bigger problem and the reason why so much stuff gets locked behind eggs and raids.
Sure, that's the bigger problem, but people eating up all the stupid hat mons and trying to get those shinies is definitely a problem too because clearly Niantic's getting the wrong message. But I was mostly joking.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hatched about a dozen friend eggs today, this part of the event definitely doesn't seem like worth the squeeze. I didn't check what was supposed to be in the eggs beyond just Sinnohmons but hatched a Bonsly, Mantyke, Happiny, a Shiny, and like eight Buizels.

Eggs continue to be the worst part of the game, and that's not surprising since it's a straight up gacha.

Discord reported a Gabite downtown but I didn't make it in time, but did find a Gible on the way, which is the first I've ever seen wild.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
i've encounter a hitch in my cranidos farming plan: there's not enough evolve fodder out in the wild. have to burn through my supplies.
oh murkrow how i miss you...

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I think I totally cracked the Battle League.

Before tonight I was 7 for 16, a 43.75% win rate, and those wins were harrowing. I now have a win streak of 8, bringing me to 15 for 24, a 62.5% win rate, and I'm routinely not even bringing out my 3rd Pokemon.

The answer is Seismitoad!

Sure, he's the same typing as Swampert and Whiscash (been seeing lots of those), but regardless of type the small party size and rock-paper-scissors approach often meant, to me, who uses up their shields first.

Seismitoad eats shields. With a combo of Mud Shot and Muddy Water, the quick move fills the charged move in 3-4 hits. I've fought some people who have gone through two shields before they've gotten off a single charge move. Better yet, Muddy Water has status effects - lowered Attack.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I think I totally cracked the Battle League.

Before tonight I was 7 for 16, a 43.75% win rate, and those wins were harrowing. I now have a win streak of 8, bringing me to 15 for 24, a 62.5% win rate, and I'm routinely not even bringing out my 3rd Pokemon.

The answer is Seismitoad!

Sure, he's the same typing as Swampert and Whiscash (been seeing lots of those), but regardless of type the small party size and rock-paper-scissors approach often meant, to me, who uses up their shields first.

Seismitoad eats shields. With a combo of Mud Shot and Muddy Water, the quick move fills the charged move in 3-4 hits. I've fought some people who have gone through two shields before they've gotten off a single charge move. Better yet, Muddy Water has status effects - lowered Attack.

You're low rank, that ain't gonna work when you get to rank 7. Trust me

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I had a win streak of 11 but now at rank 5 I win about as much as I lose, I'm at 21 wins/35. It's still the most fun aspect of the game right now for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright got one hatch five eggs task and I am looking for two more to stack. Going out today because the weather tomorrow is supposed to be bad.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Okay, I broke down and spent money on incubators for the first time. I'm on holiday starting tomorrow morning and figured what the hell. 18 eggs hatched and I got one good Gible out of it, the rest was just crap hatches. Which I guess is a decent way/chance to get Gible but it still is soulcrushing to see all that crap hatch.

And again, I fucking hate this nearby Pokemon system. Walked around abiut 50m from where a Gible was sitting, it didn't show. Saw a guy from my local community who told me it was there 5 minutes before. And some people still wonder why people use scanners/spoof.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I traded a pair of Alolan Muks between my accounts, to tank their IVs and get them below 1500 CP. They were gonna be my cool wildcard! But just my luck, they went lucky and are both 1555.

It's the only way to use them in Great League as you can only get Alolan Grimer from eggs, and they hatch with high IVs that make Muk too strong. Ah well, guess I'll beef them up ready for Ultra.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Caught a Shiny Chimchar, so that's dope. Its stats are garbage unfortunately but hey, first shiny I've seen in the wild in like a year

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm probably getting at least 5 new mons to the dex from this event if I do nothing else

used my Sinnoh Stone to evolve a really good Sneasel to Weavile

got enough candy to evolve the hippo and finneon (lol)

going to be getting at least two more stones from the research task

too bad this isn't like a week long thing. Feel like I could have made a good run at the gold Sinnoh badge.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my first Gible of the event. Had to chase it down, it disappeared from radar and then eggs started hatching.

This sure would have been a nice time to make Shieldon actually appear once in a while...

Also, never again! I tried doing the premium battle track for the hell of it. I got a silver pinap and a Meditite.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Hurrah! I caught a wild Gible.

Unfortunately for me, when I came across a wild Gible months ago, I caught it on my second account. Usually I keep rare Pokémon uncaught on my secondary so I can use the radar much more effectively, since uncaught Pokémon show up from WAY further away. But now I basically need to run into them to find any. :/

Would you compare the current Gible spawn rate to the spawn rate for Litwick during the Halloween event? I was able to catch around 70 Litwick at the time, but that was when I could take advantage of my secondary radar.

Also, thanks again Knight for that Registeel, Lapras, Latias Great League team idea. I'm running 23/25 at the moment. :)

robox

Nov 10, 2017
i've run across 1 gible and 2 shieldons on my own without help. that's a pretty crap spawn rate. wish the event was a week rather than a weekend.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Up to three Gibles thanks to this weekend! But the 'increased' spawn rate is probably meaning the community day is getting close. They are no longer hiding the thing.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Any good guesses on the Riolu shiny rate? Not finding anything concrete on Silph reddit. Combine that with a 1/14 hatch chance and that's another clear incubator cash grab

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Productive afternoon despite the storm: one weatherboosted Tornadus with quite a good IV, one uncaught Tornadus, an Excadrill, a Machamp and a Torterra. So I can move onto the next Rocket step. Also found a 1530 Gabite, which I immediately lucky traded with a friend making it go to 1610, and reached rank 7 in the GBL.

Oct 25, 2017
Unable to find a third hatch 5 eggs

Already at 3 eggs hatched for the two I have

Was really hoping to find a third. Pretty sure I'd be halfway through the Sinnoh stones I'd need for pokedex completion with another task :(

Even asked in my local discord and so far nothing :(

Oh well fun event still. No shinies but getting a few pesky to find pokemon out of the way is always nice.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Finally got my first Gible.
Thank you, event!

(There were actually two on my radar while at home, rushed out, the closer one disappeared and... the stress level increased.)

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Fuck me, the event eggs are actually great and buying incubators is actually worth it lol

Bought the adventure box and got the following out of it, with 11 eggs still left to hatch:
2 Gible
5 Riolu
1 Shiny Riolu

10/10 would love to do it again

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Damn nice. I changed my egg hatching strategy from last weekend. Rather than only hatching one 7km egg at a time, I'm using the infinite incubator to run through all my 2k eggs, and filling up my inventory with 7k eggs. After the event, I'll start going through the 7k eggs. Bleh, I haven't done any exercise or running in the last 2 week because I pulled some muscles in my neck, and the muscles in my knees are taking forever to heal. It's so demotivating to exercise when everything hurts. :/. As such, eggs are taking forever to hatch.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Based on the list, I think I have hatched one of everything except for Riolu and Gible. Whatever, I got another shiny Budew and have five Cranidos saved for double catch candy next week. I already have a good Rampardos, but another cant hurt.

Haven't seen a Gible-line in the wild since a Gabite far away shortly after 8am on Friday morning.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
So I decided to hunker down and actually hunt for rocket grunts and admin. I got 18-20 done today. Which also gave me a shot at getting Raikou, and yeah it's as bunk as it can be. But it's fine cause I actually got a shiny Alolan Raichu finally :D