• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
2/8 from Lickitung Raid Day, though one of those shinies was from the two Hatch 3 Eggs tasks I saved for it. Turn out was really low in my community and even then most people just did the free 5/6 raids and went home. Chansey Raid Day would've been so much better but again, that'd diminish Happiny's value in 7km eggs.

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
4 hours yesterday on a place with 4 pokestops with lures. Only one chansley and not even one of the 2 new pokemons. Also no shinies ... that sucked

Last edited:

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Used all 5 of my raid passes. Did it with the kids. Youngest got a shiny on first raid. Eldest got hers on the second I got mine in the 5th which was lucky lol. Was fun and quick though. Thought might be hard as it's a 4* and they are only level 30 with no good fighting Pokémon. But their mewtwos destroyed it super fast along with my lucario army

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Did 7 raids (6 free), no shiny from those although I got a 96. However, I had 3 of the quests ready to be claimed and the very first one was a shiny. I evolved the 96 to keep the move, but I'm torn on evolving the shiny. It looks so much better in its original form... plus I'm not exactly swimming in candy for these. If I wanted to use the Lickilicky in Ultra League at some point, I'd need all the candy I have now plus another 100.

Has anyone actually seen an Audino?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Did 7 raids (6 free), no shiny from those although I got a 96. However, I had 3 of the quests ready to be claimed and the very first one was a shiny. I evolved the 96 to keep the move, but I'm torn on evolving the shiny. It looks so much better in its original form... plus I'm not exactly swimming in candy for these. If I wanted to use the Lickilicky in Ultra League at some point, I'd need all the candy I have now plus another 100.

Has anyone actually seen an Audino?
From everything I see about Lickilicky, Snorlax would still be a better choice although a 100% Lickilicky does fall under 2500CP for Ultra league.

I've seen a few Audino on my radar. Haven't caught one yet though.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Did I goof by not evolving Lickitung during the event? Does it retain Body Slam after the event?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
The event ended 12 hours ago for me. Nowhere did Niantic state that there's a window to evolve it. Woof.

Oh well. I guess these 7 shiny Lickitung aren't going to be evolved any time soon. :(
Yup, that's Niantic. That's pretty much every event for us Q&A testers in NZ.

On another note, I just got my third shiny Lickitung from a Hatch 3 Eggs task. I'm guessing it's normally a boosted 1/64 shiny.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I drove around for about 3 hours today to try and catch as many Chanseys as I could. I was able to catch 2 wild Audino. They spawned pretty close to each other within half an hour, too. I did 12 of the Chansey quests, but no shinies, which is expected... At least I'm up to Giovanni in my rocket research for the month.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
I got a question regarding the Giovanni unlock. As I have already beat Cliff and Sierra and got Arlo still to beat but my nearest battle is another Cliff. If I beat him will Giovanni unlock or does it have to be Arlo?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted that double Raikou candy, so I beat Arlo yesterday, knocked out Sierra and Cliff - although first had to cash in my 3 '3 Rare Candy' quests because I needed some extra firepower from Moltres - today after which Giovanni was easy again. They should give a higher chance of Giovanni versus Decoy though, although it helped me notice that decoys are eliminated from the map.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
The decoys are nonsense anyway. You aren't forced to battle them, they don't drop anything cool, it really is a waste of time.

On a different note, has anyone played around with getting AS eggs? I usually cleared 2 egg slots but I'm too lazy today and only have one open. Will the 50km reward be given first (so basically rolling the chance for a 10 km egg before anything else) or does it go the other way (5 km, 25 km and then 50 km rewards, so I'd get the 5 km egg roll first)?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The decoys are nonsense anyway. You aren't forced to battle them, they don't drop anything cool, it really is a waste of time.

On a different note, has anyone played around with getting AS eggs? I usually cleared 2 egg slots but I'm too lazy today and only have one open. Will the 50km reward be given first (so basically rolling the chance for a 10 km egg before anything else) or does it go the other way (5 km, 25 km and then 50 km rewards, so I'd get the 5 km egg roll first)?
Every time I have left 1 egg slot open I've always only gotten the 10km egg.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

I believe now the chance at a 10k egg is rolled first. It used to be the other way, which sucked, but they changed it.

And yeah, decoys are a bummer. They at least need to have their lineups changed up.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I believe now the chance at a 10k egg is rolled first. It used to be the other way, which sucked, but they changed it.

And yeah, decoys are a bummer. They at least need to have their lineups changed up.

Every time I have left 1 egg slot open I've always only gotten the 10km egg.
Nice, thank you!

Between these last two posts, the game phantom-spun a stop on which I only wanted to put a lure on, so I still need to hatch that other egg lol

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I'm hitting a wall in ultra league for the pokemon league right now...

i'm rank 7 / 2150...

what pokemon do you recommend? I checked some tier list and the only one i can use are charizard, alolan muk and snorlax....

I could also raise a lickylicky or a venusaur (without frenzy plant) but i don't know if it's worth it!

Up until now i won lots of match but not anymore, maybe the rank is just too high and i can't compete against those who raised their pokemon with the best move and so on? Ugh...

Mater League i'll just wait until the tests are over cause i'm sure to get destroyed there with the pokemon i have

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm hitting a wall in ultra league for the pokemon league right now...

i'm rank 7 / 2150...

what pokemon do you recommend? I checked some tier list and the only one i can use are charizard, alolan muk and snorlax....

I could also raise a lickylicky or a venusaur (without frenzy plant) but i don't know if it's worth it!

Up until now i won lots of match but not anymore, maybe the rank is just too high and i can't compete against those who raised their pokemon with the best move and so on? Ugh...

Mater League i'll just wait until the tests are over cause i'm sure to get destroyed there with the pokemon i have
Swampert with Mud Shot and Hydro Cannon/Earthquake should be easy to get.

Snorlax with Lick and Body Slam/Outrage will take care of Giratina.

Clefable is probably what I would also recommend since you can probably get a high IV one pretty easily and it falls under 2500CP at level 40 and also learns Meteor Mash.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Swampert with Mud Shot and Hydro Cannon/Earthquake should be easy to get.

Snorlax with Lick and Body Slam/Outrage will take care of Giratina.

Clefable is probably what I would also recommend since you can probably get a high IV one pretty easily and it falls under 2500CP at level 40 and also learns Meteor Mash.

sadly i have only one swampert with bad IV and no candy and no community day tech so it's not viable in ultra league...

as for snorlax i have to get enough candy to get a second attack... how long does it take to charge outrage with snorlax? I only have body slam for now... alolan muk with dark pulse took care of giratina in my team right now

that's my issue with the league anyway, i don't have enough candies to get a decent team....

the team i use right now landed me a lot of victories but now i'm guess i'm too high in the ranks to actually get players with pokemon that i can beat

my only option right now is either raising a clefable to 2500 or learning outrage with snorlax or both

Is it viable to put a weak venusaur in my team just to counter swampert? if not then snorlax is my best bet against it, but his damn hydro pump do so much damage even against snorlax

EDIT : i love my luck... i had like 15 fights back to back with someone with a swampert in it... i decide to change to venusaur to finally have a counter to it... now i fought 10 fights and no swampert at all, lol

Last edited:

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got the shiny Lickitung yesterday after about 10 raids, and tried going for Chansey today now that I had time.

Dang, only two wild spwans. And they're super stingy with those quests cause I only found six and I'm in a Pokestop heavy area. They really want me to buy incubators, huh? Too bad I'm not gonna.

Melkaz

Oct 26, 2017
Man...opening gifts and finding out who can still receive gifts every day is so cumbersome. Gonna be amazing next Friday when we can send 40!
The game is sooo much better since I came back (Played in 2016/2017, came back last October) but some parts feel so archaic.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really struggling with Ultra league. I was doing well in Great league but can't seem to win anything... does anyone have recommendations? I have Snorlax, Muk Alohan, and Groudon

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry just saw the posts above kinda addressing the same topic.

I don't have enough candies for a Swampert. :/ I feel like I'm getting crushed constantly because all my Pokémon are just slow

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Sorry just saw the posts above kinda addressing the same topic.

I don't have enough candies for a Swampert. :/ I feel like I'm getting crushed constantly because all my Pokémon are just slow
If you have Togekiss with Charm, it's a monster. Clefable is an even better, way more expensive monster. So many people lead with Giratina and so many people die like worms if they don't switch it out fast.

I've met a lot of people using Gardevoir and that does pretty well.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
If you have Togekiss with Charm, it's a monster. Clefable is an even better, way more expensive monster. So many people lead with Giratina and so many people die like worms if they don't switch it out fast.

I've met a lot of people using Gardevoir and that does pretty well.
Hmm I think I can pull of a Clefable as I have the candy. It's just frustrating because I get wrecked by bunch of Swamperts and Mestwos.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Really trying to support my girlfriend, who plays this game constantly and is currently tracking down whatever rare Pokemon are in Warsaw at the moment, but I'm stuck on "make new friends" to even progress on the basic quests, as well as find a gym where I can get a few coins to expand my Pokemon storage.

Can y'all add me if you have an extra slot? Thanks!

0950 8365 8662

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Really trying to support my girlfriend, who plays this game constantly and is currently tracking down whatever rare Pokemon are in Warsaw at the moment, but I'm stuck on "make new friends" to even progress on the basic quests, as well as find a gym where I can get a few coins to expand my Pokemon storage.

Can y'all add me if you have an extra slot? Thanks!

0950 8365 8662
Pansear, Sawk, Durant, and red striped Basculin are probably the popular ones your girlfriend will want to bring back with her for her friends.