• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Won a few on my horribly underpowered alt. Heatran/Mamo/Machamp. Heatran is MVP. I'm glad I have it or I'd be really struggling.

I faced a lot of legendaries in my first round but only lost a two matches to extreme lag. I'm just using Swampert, Metagross, and Mamoswine for now. That trio was crushing it.

I sure hope they refigure the rewards because it's super frustrating to miss out on the encounter because of damned lag.
If I get lag, and I'm on wifi, I quickly toggle wifi off and switch to cellular. It seems to reset the connection and has saved my life a few times.

If I get lag, and I'm not on wifi, I die.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I think lag saved my life once, I think I got a 'third shield' as my Pokémon was hit by a charge attack and lost nothing.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Between Great and Ultra league I had a win rate of over 60%. I've gone 0 and 5 in Master. I just cannot compete here.

hergipotter

Oct 28, 2017
First round of master league (level 7) 2/5 for me. Was using Mamoswine, Machamp and Tyranitar. I'm only at level 35 and I don't have any high lvl legendaries... I might try it with Metagross next time.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Man... Fuck these connexion issues... when you click on your charged attack and nothing happen while the other player casually charge his own one and launch it before you then....

And today i had the worst fuckery... I launched a charged attack, it said super effective.... but it did no damage at all and it was like nothing happened... you could think he simply used a shield, but nope his shield was still unused...

Of course i lost the match

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So who should i pick between these 4 to form a good team?

Machamp, Tyrannitar, Rhyperior and dragonite ?

I won matches with a combination of these 4 but it's hard to know which is better... Tyarnnitar and rhyperior despite having the same type are quite powerfull so i'm not sure if it's viable to have them both or not

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
So who should i pick between these 4 to form a good team?

Machamp, Tyrannitar, Rhyperior and dragonite ?

I won matches with a combination of these 4 but it's hard to know which is better... Tyarnnitar and rhyperior despite having the same type are quite powerfull so i'm not sure if it's viable to have them both or not
Without Machamp, you're awfully weak to Kyogre. And I've seen plenty of Kyogre. But even Machamp loses to Kyogre, so not sure what's the best team. I'd just wait and see what the most picked Pokemon turn out to be.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Without Machamp, you're awfully weak to Kyogre. And I've seen plenty of Kyogre. But even Machamp loses to Kyogre, so not sure what's the best team. I'd just wait and see what the most picked Pokemon turn out to be.

Ugh, i really don't know, i guess up until now my best team has been tyranitar, rhyperior and dragonite.... but damn i just lost all my match and lost 18 ranks... while just before i won 5 in a row so i didn't advance at all, i was so close to rank 8, lol

Now on my team, i don't which pokemon i should start with... what do you think? I guess dragonite since he's the fastest with dragon claw o burn down shields?

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Ugh, i really don't know, i guess up until now my best team has been tyranitar, rhyperior and dragonite.... but damn i just lost all my match and lost 18 ranks... while just before i won 5 in a row so i didn't advance at all, i was so close to rank 8, lol

Now on my team, i don't which pokemon i should start with... what do you think? I guess dragonite since he's the fastest with dragon claw o burn down shields?
Yeah, Dragonite is a good lead. It can pressure shields and does good damage if the opponent doesn't shield. Not completely sure, though, my performance in ML hasn't been all that hot so far lol There are too many great Pokemon in it and it feels a lot more like gambling on what your opponent brings in than in other leagues.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
ive been having luck w/ melmetal, mewtwo (sb & focus blast) and metagross.... not maxed. 35 at most. haven't been enjoying master league in the slightest. i feel i could get my win rate up a bit more, but i dont want to invest that much more stardust (melmetal i did for rocket battles, the other two were for raids).

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really only interested in the league prizes that are exclusive to league, can someone give me a rundown on that? I think Scraggy is one of them?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really only interested in the league prizes that are exclusive to league, can someone give me a rundown on that? I think Scraggy is one of them?
Scraggy is the only exclusive Pokémon and that's a guaranteed find if you get to rank 4 and win enough fights in a row to get the mystery Pokémon .

Master league is easier than ultra league for me. Ultra league was shit master league. Is my 4* shiny gardevoir wrecking all the tyranitars and dragons and then they panic swap to more dragons. Lol

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
The most frustrating thing about ML is that Giratina-O and especially Dialga haven't been available for almost a year.

They both win comfortably against Kyogre which turned out to be such a pain in the ass for me. I even played around with Raikou as a Kyogre counter but it's pretty shit and barely survives in same-shield scenarios. Has anyone found a good solution for Kyogre?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
The most frustrating thing about ML is that Giratina-O and especially Dialga haven't been available for almost a year.

They both win comfortably against Kyogre which turned out to be such a pain in the ass for me. I even played around with Raikou as a Kyogre counter but it's pretty shit and barely survives in same-shield scenarios. Has anyone found a good solution for Kyogre?
That's the problem with these pay-to-win games: the whales are unstoppable.

(sorry)

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
That's the problem with these pay-to-win games: the whales are unstoppable.

(sorry)
I can't even pay to win right now lol

It just makes no sense to not have the top Pokemon available. BL is like the single aspect of the game to have some skill involved. Locking Pokemon away is counterproductive in every way.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
"Horribly underpowered alt"... ugh, I only have a single account and I don't even have any legendaries powered above 2000
Well, it's a level 30 account, which I think is too low for Master League. It's simply not possible to power anything up enough. If you're in a similar position, then ML is going to suck whatever you do.

I got the Heatran in a raid on a community day, and it's level 27 right now. It does ok, but I'm only rank 7.

robox

Nov 10, 2017

1. make some lucky friends and trade for them.
2. i use dragonite against kyogre. nice and common. watch out for blizzard tho

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
1. make some lucky friends and trade for them.
2. i use dragonite against kyogre. nice and common. watch out for blizzard tho
1. doesn't help much, I don't have 350 rare candy casually laying around lol I'd also have to be lucky and get a really good IV one off one trade.

I might max out my Dragonite, I haven't done so yet as its IVs aren't as great as I'd like them to be.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Gardevoir at 15/15/15 and a lucky Gardevoir at 14/14/14. Both are level 28. Which one should I power up? Or should I just do both for raids?

Is Gardevoir any good in Ultra, whenever that swings back around?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Gardevoir at 15/15/15 and a lucky Gardevoir at 14/14/14. Both are level 28. Which one should I power up? Or should I just do both for raids?

Is Gardevoir any good in Ultra, whenever that swings back around?
I have a 15/15/15 shiny gardevoir and she is a beast in master leagie

robox

Nov 10, 2017
1. doesn't help much, I don't have 350 rare candy casually laying around lol I'd also have to be lucky and get a really good IV one off one trade.

you're moving the goalposts. your orig post complains about not having access. now you're complaining about lack of resources which is another solvable problem.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caught a cloned charizard. Lost a premium pass to clone blastoise and armored mewtwo because there weren't enough people.

Sucks.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I have the worst luck.... keep losing and encountering the same pokemon, so i change the pokemon i use... and of course right after that i only encounter pokemons strong against that.... And of course bad luck with starting pokemon too... i always stumble upon those who are stronge against the opener, so i have to change and they change for one that destroy the second one too.... Seriously this league is the worst! Now i'll never reach rank 8, i was so close, uuuugh!

i only win 1 or 2 matches out of the 5, everytime, so obviously i lose ranks

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
you're moving the goalposts. your orig post complains about not having access. now you're complaining about lack of resources which is another solvable problem.
And you're being a smart ass when my whole point is it being shite that these Pokemon haven't been available in almost a year. Which is a valid point I'd think?

Yeah, I can take that 1% chance per best friend a day to get a lucky friend. And then I can take the chance to actually get something worthwhile out of that. And then I can raid Pokemon I don't want for the chance at rare candy. I know that and it really sounds great, mate.

If we follow your point, it's no big deal as we "have access" to all legacy moves and, hell, even shiny Abra lol. Niantic did a lot for GL by bringing back legacy moves, it's really no discussion that they should bring back Giratina-O and Dialga when their BL is launching.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
And you're being a smart ass when my whole point is it being shite that these Pokemon haven't been available in almost a year. Which is a valid point I'd think?
it's just that the overall tone of most of your posts is negative. it's a f2p mobile game so grinding is the name of every aspect of the game.
yes they can do better with the rotation and availability of raid bosses. but i'm certain they will come back. just have to be patient.