• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paradoxes shown before launch or after?

• Before

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Now I'm really worried they weren't expecting Legends to do well and Gen 9 isn't using it as a base. Could end up being a more SwSh style game with Legends stuff crammed in there haphazardly after seeing its success.

Please no Gen 9 this year, they need to take as much time as possible to avoid the issues most of the 3D games have suffered from. I can't go back to something like them after Legends.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I don't buy the leak, but those type combinations sure do look like something Game Freak would do

Especially making Hawlucha worse (we already have SirFetch'd!) and not one, but three mono-Grass Regis. It's so dumb, I could believe it

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I remember the crushing feeling of disappointment at the Sword and Shield reveal. Whatever it is, at least it can't be as bad as that.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I am still of the belief Gen 9 is next year

Now something else this year, that's possible

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
That feeling on Era when you vastly prefered swsh over Arceus and you are hoping for a more traditional pokemon rpg this year :-p

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
What exactly is Khu saying regarding the announcements of the Pokémon Presents?

Earlier today he said the Legends Arceus DLC is meh as it adds no new areas or Pokemon/forms, just some new missions and outbreaks. And said it should be released before April 30th.

Regarding April, he also posted Looker and Palmer some weeks back and said that it was a clue for April, so maybe those are related to the DLC, unless there's something else happening in April.

I don't think he has said anything else about this year, though.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Earlier today he said the Legends Arceus DLC is meh as it adds no new areas or Pokemon/forms, just some new missions and outbreaks. And said it should be released before April 30th.

Regarding April, he also posted Looker and Palmer some weeks back and said that it was a clue for April, so maybe those are related to the DLC, unless there's something else happening in April.

I don't think he has said anything else about this year, though.
If it launches before April and has only missions and outbreaks, that sounds more like a patch than DLC.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Have we talked about the trademarks Nintendo registered in China earlier in the week that definitely sound like Pokemon names? 'fire crocodile' and 'leaf cat'.

ORI.png
ORI.png

There were three trademarks applied for on the same day, but two of them are the crocodile (62829339 and 62828414).

unknown.png

The contents of the trademarks are not meant to be public yet, but through editing urls you can view the text.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't it initially khu who said the DLC would bring the pokedex count up to 400?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Have we talked about the trademarks Nintendo registered in China earlier in the week that definitely sound like Pokemon names? 'fire crocodile' and 'leaf cat'.

ORI.png
ORI.png

There were three trademarks applied for on the same day, but two of them are the crocodile (62829339 and 62828414).

unknown.png

The contents of the trademarks are not meant to be public yet, but through editing urls you can view the text.

Oh boy. If it is Pokemon, reminds me of the time the trademarks for Mokuroh, Nyabby and whatever Popplio's Japanese name was showed up.

What is the third trademark, though?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

ORI.png
ORI.png

unknown.png

Gen 9 starters, let's go.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Like I added to the post, the fire crocodile is registered twice. No water type to complete a potential trio, unless the second croc is an error of some kind (again, these aren't intended to be publically viewable).

My apologies, I missed that line!

Well it's interesting to think about for moment; I guess we'll see later today if anything comes of it. Thanks for sharing it.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Water starter has been canceled. Also I wonder when we will get fan arts lol
On a more serious note I can't help but notice that both animals have already been starters (gen 2 and 7). It is not unprecedented but 2 at the same time would be.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
I also thought about it...but it would be the first time they completely change the typing for existing starters

There's a first for everything! Base game gave us the first regional starters, so maybe we'll get the first instance of starters completely changing types. Gah, now I'm really excited for tomorrow.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
There's a first for everything! Base game gave us the first regional starters, so maybe we'll get the first instance of starters completely changing types. Gah, now I'm really excited for tomorrow.
Sure. Also base game had already gen 2 and 7 starters. Also the typing is actually the opposite of the gen 2 crocodile and gen 7 cat. So that would make the water starter water snake maybe ?

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Oh boy. If it is Pokemon, reminds me of the time the trademarks for Mokuroh, Nyabby and whatever Popplio's Japanese name was showed up.

What is the third trademark, though?

yeah. my thoughts exactly. I still don't actually think gen 9 is coming this year but if I'm remembering correctly the trademark names for the alola starters were discovered a week or so in advance of the sun/moon announcement

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I loved gen 7 and 8 so even if they show gen 9 I'll surely like it, but I can't say I don't hope it's a late 2023 thing. Give us something else this year and take your time to go all out

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

ORI.png
ORI.png

unknown.png

I mean i'd be down for a cool Fire Croc mon.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That sounds like a patch or the start of a season pass, not DLC

A free content update from them announced in a stream like this makes sense, wouldn't even surprise me if it was a little early for DLC

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't think these are the Gen 9 starters, i could be wrong on this but i think they will be DLC Pokemon with Legends Arecus

That sounds like a patch or the start of a season pass, not DLC

A free content update from them announced in a stream like this makes sense, wouldn't even surprise me if it was a little early for DLC
I would be suprised if there wasn't a big annoucement

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

ORI.png
ORI.png

unknown.png

Well, this all seems rather familiar.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean exactly?
The Gen VII starters and Legendaries leaked through similar filings months before they were revealed.

This doesn't necessarily say to me that they're being revealed today (although the odds are shortening on that all the while), but it does tell me that they're closer than a lot of people assumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.