• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paradoxes shown before launch or after?

• Before

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
1047t9th06991.jpg

I'm hungry for more info
Well, it matches the shirt on that NPC in the trailer.

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States

Huh. I haven't been keeping up with leaks, but if even half of the things mentioned in this video are true, the games could be quite a change-up.

The talk of there being multiple gimmicks is interesting. I've always felt that "gimmicks" in Pokémon generally refer to battle mechanics, so I wonder what a region gimmick could be.

Does anyone know what is meant by the term "RFakes" as it's used in the video?

Feb 24, 2018
Why do artists fake their art as leaks? It feels like nowadays very few people believe their real because of how well known the practice is and it's not like Fakemon art isn't unpopular.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Crazy that aside from the announcement trailer we've only gotten a single 3 minute video since February and we're well into July now.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Patience my friends. One a month is fine and standard. Month is barely a week in

We got spoiled by Sun & Moon and expect too much to be revealed.

Let's let there be surprises

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I honestly far preferred the SM reveal cycle since I just look at leaks anyway. I loved the SM hype cycle, the best pokemon hype cycle easily. I still remember 2 or 3 of the biweekly trailers getting randomly leaked on /vp/ the night before in small bits and pieces

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I just ultimately want to start planning my party since I normally try to just use Pokémon from the new region.

The sooner I figure out my team the happier I'll be.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Khu has been on a bit of a posting spree, so I'm going to recap and post a lot of it here, maybe in multiple posts to break it up

ifph2q1edp991.jpg

sbh5zp1edp991.jpg
skn09r1edp991.jpg

First set of stuff is referring to GL/E4 types. Basically saying that SV will take 4 of the Gen 1 GL types and 4 of the gen 2 ones. E4 will not be any of the types that have not had an E4 previously(so it rules out Grass, Normal, Fairy, and Electric IIRC).

Khu will tease the champion later this month

male male male female female female female female male male female female
is what Khu says the genders of the GL/E4 will be(not in order)

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
pkcqjs3vdp991.jpg

x8753s3vdp991.jpg

Next thing is the most exciting imo. Khu is saying that the Flag thing teased in the trailer is another new mechanic/gimmick. and that this gen will be chock full of new systems and mechanics to add to the fun of exploring an open world, which is a great thing to hear!

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Last is also some interesting plot stuff being teased:

8zdazt25g1a91.jpg

First Khu is saying a relationship like the one in The Lake House will be in the movie(which IIRC involves communicating between different times

w7ywp37em6a91.jpg

Next Khu is teasing the Villain(V is for villain and later on R will stand for rival):

View: https://twitter.com/soulsilverart/status/1545074645153505282

The leading theory is that it is something to do with Crows based on the word he teased

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they're gonna be like a stylish Yakuza group like that manga?

Or crows...maybe pirates i.e. crows nest.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Last but not least the final teasers Khu just posted today:

y2yyhb5bt8a91.jpg

I think this is saying that robots/androids will be prominent in SV(not the Cage stuff lmao)

nhkdt7jut8a91.jpg

He is teasing the titan rivals here(2 Female and 1 Male) that are similar to rivals from Gens 5/6/8 respectively.

iJaJfQr.png

He also seems to indicate that Nemona is going to be a fan favorite and be the powerful one of our rivals(if she is counted among them)

OK dump over

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's up with the use of Titan?

But I have a theory...this game is going to have a full on Mario Kart-esque mini game. With the racing elements we've seen teased, I bet some of the routes will be repurposed as racetracks. Legends already kind of did this with those balloon courses, but I see this being a whole thing in this game.

Imagine having to race each Gym Leader before you face them.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
What's up with the use of Titan?

But I have a theory...this game is going to have a full on Mario Kart-esque mini game. With the racing elements we've seen teased, I bet some of the routes will be repurposed as racetracks. Legends already kind of did this with those balloon courses, but I see this being a whole thing in this game.

Imagine having to race each Gym Leader before you face them.
I do think Racing will be a separate system from the GL system going by Khu's hints, but it would be cool to have races scattered around and a big side story related to racing ala Pocket Circuit in Yakuza.

Also Titan is the internal GF codename for SV(think Hayabusa for PLA for example)

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
aAKddtC.png

Looks like all of the Gym Leaders and E4 will have jobs outside of being a GL/E4, which is always cool.

hMgG97T.png

And hair highlights(my interpretation) will be a common design element

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a racing mechanic is overdue. they flirted with such in previous games like Pokeathelon, Sharpedo riding, and the bike time trials

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked how the Galar Gym Leaders were all sponsored so it'd be cool with me if the Gym Leaders are basically sponsored NASCAR drivers lol with their own pit team and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.