• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Gematsu said:
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! sold three million copies in its first week of release worldwide, The Pokemon Company announced. As far as Switch games go, the games boast the highest first-week sales numbers.

Both games launched for Switch on November 16.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/11/pokemon...k-sales-top-three-million#7UYu8eqAPWBfBzoX.99
https://gematsu.com/2018/11/pokemon...s-go-eevee-first-week-sales-top-three-million

Seems to be the best first week of any Nintendo Switch game so far. Also seems to be sell through not shipped!

Will update with historical comparison to other Pokémon games if someone has that info?

Thanks creamsugar for sharing this.

Last edited:

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
In45XKT.gif

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's a bit of a weird translation. Is it saying that they're the fastest selling Switch games thus far? Impressive if so, considering how these games were received by certain people.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sun and Moon sold 10 million its first week worldwide, but they were on a system with a much larger install base.
10 Million shipped not sold through. Sun/Moon did sell 3.7 Million in the Americas alone. Possibly well over 7 Million first week if you look at Japan/EU numbers
X/Y sold over 4 Million worldwide.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
That's a bit of a weird translation. Is it saying that they're the fastest selling Switch games thus far? Impressive if so, considering how these games were received by certain people.

Yes. Fastest selling switch title in the UK. Fastest selling title in Japan* (depending on tracker used).

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
word of mouth has been very good for this game it will only go up from there especially since we are getting ready to enter december.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
People using Sun and Moon as a point of reference have to be doing it on purpose by now. That release was a complete outlier.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Nice. Best one week sales for a Switch game.

I can see it reach the 10 million club in a year...and by then Nintendo drops the other nuke. Another Pokémon game.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
for a game that is not a full fleshed remake like other ones (dont expand pokedex or include newers merchanics), and also has a 50% higher price mark than most previous pokemon games. 3M for PLG seems to be pretty good. I do wonder if it did it work into luring people into buying Switch, at least Japan sales went almost 4 folds up from the week before release to release week

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
3 million sold through in a week is pretty good for a remake on ~24m install base

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People need to look at the attach rate.
It is doing very well i would say