• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this on another forum, but you guys may be able to help with this too!

So with Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee going on tour in several locations, I was wondering if anyone here whose located close to the demos wanted to test to see if EV boosts are being applied. All of the demo footage I've seen are of people who haven't really been playing with that in mind.

I think the way to set up this experiment is to record the demo (this seems to be allowed but I could be wrong), check the stats of a Pokemon that isnt Pikachu or Eevee (this is because we don't have their exact base stats for the starters), and check again after you get 4 EVs of something.

Since the Pokemon are low leveled, this is gonna be pretty tough, but there are a few scenarios where 4 EVs would make a difference (such as a Charmander with perfect HP at level 10). I'd also check the Pokemon's first stage page for their characterisic (which could let us narrow the IV range down), and after a level up in case this game doesn't apply EVs till level up.

Here are the demo locations for the US at least, it'd be great if we got some people who know competitive Pokemon stuff to test stuff out in the demo!

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...-trip-across-the-us-to-demo-new-pokemon-games

One last thing: the main reason I'm interested is mostly because of that infamous screenshot on the American site that gives Pikachu a higher SpA stat than either Alakazam (if Modest), or Mewtwo (if neutral natured), which is nuts and WAY beyond estimates of other starter chu's stats (which tend to be in similar ranges). Makes me think that either the stat system was changed, or something funky is going on with Pikachu (maybe upgradable stats?)

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I posted this on another forum, but you guys may be able to help with this too!

So with Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee going on tour in several locations, I was wondering if anyone here whose located close to the demos wanted to test to see if EV boosts are being applied. All of the demo footage I've seen are of people who haven't really been playing with that in mind.

I think the way to set up this experiment is to record the demo (this seems to be allowed but I could be wrong), check the stats of a Pokemon that isnt Pikachu or Eevee (this is because we don't have their exact base stats for the starters), and check again after you get 4 EVs of something.

Since the Pokemon are low leveled, this is gonna be pretty tough, but there are a few scenarios where 4 EVs would make a difference (such as a Charmander with perfect HP at level 10). I'd also check the Pokemon's first stage page for their characterisic (which could let us narrow the IV range down), and after a level up in case this game doesn't apply EVs till level up.

Here are the demo locations for the US at least, it'd be great if we got some people who know competitive Pokemon stuff to test stuff out in the demo!

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...-trip-across-the-us-to-demo-new-pokemon-games

One last thing: the main reason I'm interested is mostly because of that infamous screenshot on the American site that gives Pikachu a higher SpA stat than either Alakazam (if Modest), or Mewtwo (if neutral natured), which is nuts and WAY beyond estimates of other starter chu's stats (which tend to be in similar ranges). Makes me think that either the stat system was changed, or something funky is going on with Pikachu (maybe upgradable stats?)
People have like 15 minutes with a demo. That's near impossible to do, especially as they are sort of strict with people exploring menus

Even with my 2 hour playthrough that wasn't exactly feasible because Pokémon were at such low levels. All I can tell is that it seems that the system is different.

Also we have confirmed that the partner Pikachu and Eevee have higher base stats than normal Pikachu & Eevee

Dobbie078

Oct 28, 2017
How hard is it to make Blastoise shoot water from his cannon.
It's the one reason I will not use him untill they fix this.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
How hard is it to make Blastoise shoot water from his cannon.
It's the one reason I will not use him untill they fix this.
Multiply the number of water shooting attacks by the number of water Pokémon. That's the number of unique animations Game Freak would need to make only for 1 attack. They are not going to bother.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Multiply the number of water shooting attacks by the number of water Pokémon. That's the number of unique animations Game Freak would need to make only for 1 attack. They are not going to bother.
It's not really unique animations though, it's changing the anchor point for the current animation. I assume their engine doesn't support this though so it'd still be a chunk of work.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I mean yeah, it's quite uncommon these days that a game actually improved in development from its first screenshots rather than getting downgraded
Not with Switch games tbf. Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Kirby etc all looked signficantly better towards release than at announcement. The first two in particular received sizable resolution bumps.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting here because the Soundtrack thread is kind of dead so some may have missed it.
https://over-lap.co.jp/cd/lple/

box1.png
box2.png

- 66 New Arrangements (RB had 45 tracks excluding fanfares and Yellow had another 3/4 extra tracks).

- Tracks arranged by Shota Kageyama, who worked on HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, X/Y, and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

- 56 Remastered Tracks from RBY. This might be all of them including fanfares, so LGPE may have 10 new tracks not in the original. We already know that the Wild Battle Theme, GO Park theme, and the GO Battle themes are new. It depends if some have been utilized (Yellow theme, Surfing Pikachu) and if things have been cut (Game Corner fanfares).

Some art included in the artbook. This is more than likely Japan-exclusive as we're going to get the digital version if anything.

re_P15_nibi_city.jpg
re_P14_tokiwa_mori.jpg
re_P22_kuchiba_city.jpg

Still no word on an international release, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's a stealth release like most of the other soundtracks were. ORAS soundtrack came out the same day as Japan with no word beforehand..

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Are all Gen 1 starters available to capture/obtain? Or was that info not shared?
Not shared yet but I'd be surprised if not

Serebii, when you were playing LGPE did you get any alternate outifts for the player character? If so, how?
Not in my time but they do exist

Is the 2nd player just there for the ride or do they have some freedom?
Bit of both. They can't interact with anything in the overworld but they are good in battle

Oct 26, 2017
not being able to move an root/spawn would a pretty major limitation of an engine

good thing it's still not an engine problem, then

I can see it being entirely possible that they don't have anything in place to parameterize the move animations on a per-pokemon basis, which would be a limitation of their animation engine.

EDIT: Or the degree to which they can might be limited. I'm actually not sure if attack animations always launch from the same coordinates in gen 6 and above games.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The new trailer kind of reminds me of that one REALLY good Sun and Moon trailer. Also yay at skin tone customization, I thought that wouldn't make it for some reason.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The new trailer kind of reminds me of that one REALLY good Sun and Moon trailer. Also yay at skin tone customization, I thought that wouldn't make it for some reason.

I was always confident it wouldn't be removed. No reason to.

Now Animal Crossing on the other hand I'm nervous about...

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Quick question - do you have to have Eevee or Pikachu take up a spot in your team of six? I know it stays with you (for obvious reasons) but can I essentially use it for traversal and have a "normal" team of six or do I need to utilise whichever starter I go with?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question - do you have to have Eevee or Pikachu take up a spot in your team of six? I know it stays with you (for obvious reasons) but can I essentially use it for traversal and have a "normal" team of six or do I need to utilise whichever starter I go with?
you can "box" them and use a a different pokemon in battle

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
I was always confident it wouldn't be removed. No reason to.

Now Animal Crossing on the other hand I'm nervous about...
GameFreak has removed stuff for no reason before - I'm glad they did the right thing here.
I have a good feeling about Animal Crossing, I think they'll do the right thing too.