• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
1516372666976.jpg

This tweet has proven extraordinarily handy

There's a "real" Pokémon game coming people, just chill out.

Pokemon was already for kids. That was the prime demographic for it.

And Let's Go is for....smaller kids? Non-gamer kids? I really don't know.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
This looks way WAY better than I imagined. Fu n too. Co-op in Pokémon? Don't mind if I do.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do a Let's Go for every generation. Although this could have the unfortunate side effect of ending the actual remakes before Gen 4 gets a chance. Maybe they always planned to end it after they made it up to the DS games.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
No wild battles is very strange. How do you level up your pokémon? Just via trainer battles (although I used to always do that)? Or are there no levels whatsoever?
By powering them up using candy (which gives purplse to catching a pokemon more than once)? Or trainer battles, or by walking with them, or other stuff.

zoukka

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Well that looked like an uprezzed 3DS game with even simpler mechanics???

Like I don't know how they could've made it less exciting for me.

Oct 30, 2017
So I can transfer my Pokemon from Go and use them in battles? I basically have all 151, wouldn't that make me ridiculously OP?

you can only do it from a certain point midway through the game, according to masuda. still not totally clear whether i can just import my mewtwo and dragonite and blitz the rest of it, but yeah.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Whoa, where did this announcement come from? Caught me off guard. Not super into Pokemon but usually end up buying a game when it first arrives on a new console so I'm semi interested in this but not sure what to make of it.
Does it have a campaign? If there are no random battles, can you only catch Pokemon via GO? If you don't play GO, are you just stuck with Pikachu / Evee?

/edit: Oh there's another game coming in 2019?

onhold4u

Oct 29, 2017
Iowa
I hope they do a Let's Go for every generation. Although this could have the unfortunate side effect of ending the actual remakes before Gen 4 gets a chance. Maybe they always planned to end it after they made it up to the DS games.
Eh, I don't see why this would mean they aren't gonna remake DP. The next games after RS were FRLG, after all. No need to remake RB again, so they went with Yellow.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I don't think we really see the potential of that game. I mean this was designed with Pokemon Go in mind ! This could send Switch sales to levels we can't even imagine.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Pokemon was already for kids. That was the prime demographic for it.

And Let's Go is for....smaller kids? Non-gamer kids? I really don't know.

Kids who play Pokemon Go, or want to play co-op. Or perhaps casual fans who want a lighter experience that doesn't fucking involve competitive battles.

As much as I wasn't a fan of MHW, there are people who weren't into MH before that love MHW. This is the same idea.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
You don't have to play Pokémon GO to play this.
It's just Pokémon with a simpler catching mechanic and (apparently?) no online.
If that and the limited amount of monsters are a no-go for you, that's fine.
But Pokémon Go? It's just throwing the ball.

Is battling the Pokémon before catching them such a huge deal for folks? I thought it was one of the most tedious things in these games. Next to random encounters (thanks god those are gone too).

Removing the RPG battles takes a huge portion of the game away. Pokemon was always on the easier end of the scale for difficulty, now removing two of the most rewarding and difficult parts I also don't see much joy in this.

That being said I wasn't into Go, so this game isn't catered for my taste and that's cool. Well see what the 2019 version has in store .

Hopefully SMT V releases this year . If not I would still be happy with just SMT Strange Journey which I am playing on the 3DS. (For those unfamiliar with SMT think Pokemon that are Demons, way harder and world more bleak).

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
i dont know why people think this game is a breath of fresh air, when is basically a dumbed down version of main line pokemon game, like what is innovative??? co-op and changing the clothes of your pokemons??, ake catching pokemon less tedious?? like what justifiques the 60$ tag ?? these things can be easily added to the gen 8, why make a whole game because of these features??

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Yo that looks tight. Haven't played a Pokémon game since I was a kid and watching that makes me want to get right back into it.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surre if I want this, but having eevee on my head makes this MIGHTY TEMPTED.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
i dont know why people think this game is a breath of fresh air, when is basically a dumbed down version of main line pokemon game, like what is innovative??? co-op and changing the clothes of your pokemons??, ake catching pokemon less tedious?? like what justifiques the 60$ tag ?? these things can be easily added to the gen 8, why make a whole game because of these features??

Because if those features were in gen 8 people would still be bitching like they are now. GF is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
So what's the current situation with online? The reports have been very back and forth on this subject lol.

Apparently its in?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How do you play with the poke ball? Catching I understand but living around and interfering with the world? Video made it look like that's all you need

The poke ball working as a go plus is good - I can imagine my daughter using it and getting back into go

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You don't have to play Pokémon GO to play this.
It's just Pokémon with a simpler catching mechanic and (apparently?) no online.
If that and the limited amount of monsters are a no-go for you, that's fine.
But Pokémon Go? It's just throwing the ball.

Is battling the Pokémon before catching them such a huge deal for folks? I thought it was one of the most tedious things in these games. Next to random encounters (thanks god those are gone too).
How do I catch them without pokemon go or wild encounters?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
No wild battles is lame, but they're getting closer and closer to the Pokemon game I'd dream of as a kid.
I was into the Pokemon Go craze for a month tops, but this might suck me back in since there'd be an actual reason to capture Pokemon now - thank God there's an actual turn-based battle system in place.

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is this the Pokemon game we're waiting for? I don't know much about Pokemon but I'm interested in buying it if it's a jrpg. Does it play like one? Do I need to buy that ball thing or am I good with just the game? Do I need to use the phone as well? And why are there 2 games?

So many questions, yes. I really know nothing of Pokemon and if a kind person can answer I'd appreciate it.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Well that was pretty much what I expected.

/edit: oh I see, the big new Pokémon game wasn't finished so they shoehorned these in for this year.

I don't think you don't understand how long a game takes to make. It's not like these were jsut thought of a few months ago and quickly rushed together to have a game in the fall.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, where did this announcement come from? Caught me off guard. Not super into Pokemon but usually end up buying a game when it first arrives on a new console so I'm semi interested in this but not sure what to make of it.
Does it have a campaign? If there are no random battles, can you only catch Pokemon via GO? If you don't play GO, are you just stuck with Pikachu / Evee?

/edit: Oh there's another game coming in 2019?

- It has a campaign and a different story from Yellow.

- No you can catch Pokemon directly in the game. You'll see them in the overworld and can catch them by throwing a Pokemon at them.

- GO is not needed to play the games. You'll be able to make your team with the Pokemon you catched in the game or transfered from Go.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I'm very skeptical about this. I'm going to go into it like a Pokemon Colosseum style pokemon game rather than a main series game. Hopefully that ends up being the case, but if not it won't be the end of the world.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
No wild battles is very strange. How do you level up your pokémon? Just via trainer battles (although I used to always do that)? Or are there no levels whatsoever?
I was thinking the same but then I look deeper into the video and carefully but what is the "Help Command?" I'm very curious. Maybe sending out your Pokemon to Wild battle? Maybe they didn't show everything yet and revealing at E3?

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Based on the kids I know who like Pokemon, I feel it's safe to say that the extreme banking on Gen One nostalgia can't possibly be targeted at them. There were already well over 400 Pokemon before they were even born; they have no special affection for or even memories of Gen One. Some of them weren't even alive the last time Gamefreak revisited Kanto. If you asked them, I'm sure they'd rather have as many Pokemon as possible instead of arbitrarily being locked into using these 151 Pokemon just because old people like their parents think they're the only good Pokemon. Other people's nostalgia has no appeal to them.