• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious about the IV/EV system. Are they taking the GO IV system, revamping it or what? I need to know.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get why there wouldn't be competitive.
Potentially PoGo metagame of 3 stats, 1-15 IVs and no EVs, plus absolute type imbalance. Entry barrier would be on the floor, and the ceiling would be hit as fast as you say IMMA EARTHQUAKE (or psychic) ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get why there wouldn't be competitive.
They don't want to scare off newcomers who jump into ranked with their ingame team and get demolished. Besides, it seems like this game won't even have effective ways to get good IV's or EV train your Pokemon so ranked is unnecessary. We'll have to stick with Gen 7 until next year for competitive battles.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
JbAp3.png

Jesus, he's just a kid!

While I do appreciate the multiplayer, there needs to be a way to balance 2v1 battles...

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Well seeing as this isn't a reboot and obviously didn't take the 5+ years to develop as the games you mention did. It's not even comparable.
Yeah, its not like we have been waiting for almost two decades to get a mainline Pokemon game on a console.

I get that alot of you guys are happy with this, but is it okay for me not to be? I guess i had higher hopes for this.

emperor_ing

Jan 10, 2018
United Kingdom
See, those screenshots look great but I need to see online confirmed. Gematsu still says local only, jeuxvideo says no online at launch specifically. Can someone just confirm online or not already ... Serebii Joe is the only credible source saying the no online was a mistranslation.

Reading around I think what this comment meant was that the games won't use the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service, not that it won't have online full stop, so you don't need to pay extra to play online (iirc they did say the service was dependent on the developer opting in in a method the same way the Google Play Games API works).

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
This all doesn't look very promising, but if Trainers aren't finite then it could regain traction with me. Grinding Pokémon is one of my favorite past times, if there are a plethora of available trainers to do that on throughout the game I could see myself enjoying it.
I somewhat like the idea of only having wild encounters being the Pokémon you actually want to catch. And it's not like the core franchise method of catching Pokémon was amazing, sweet spotting the low health spot with high level Pokémon was impossible so you ended up just chucking balls anyway. And not wasting slots on false swipe is good.

Are they for real about not evolving Pikachu and Eevee or is that just what people are saying? Eevee without the ability to evolve is the biggest oxymoron ever introduced in this franchise.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible. I think aesthetics will hurt the game. Particularly in older players

I am also curious as to who's working on this game. I know Masuda is directing, but it feels like GF either made a third team or the nature of how they make games will change up dramatically: Core Team and the Let's Go Team.
It looks exactly like S/M just upscaled and some minor improvements. If older players are fine with aestethics in S/M and PGO why wouldn't they be here?

I didn't realise the part of the Nugget Bridge where you're battling a trainer with a lvl. 9 Venonat... with your lvl.18 monster + additional help in an asymmetric double battle. These games are going to be motherfucking press A to win.
All Pokemon games are. I've always just used pokemon that look cool. No problems. Spam attack, never use any of the status-altering moves.

Also, it's a trailer for a game nearly 6 months out. Could be much different in reality.

Imagine shiny hunting lmfao
Well, I've found like 10 shinies in PGO, zero in 20 years of mainline pokemon games... so...

Yeah, I'm not understanding the comments that it looks bad at all. It looks beautiful.
Because everyone wants 3DS games uprezzed for Switch but when it happens and doesn't look like titles built for Switch from the ground up they criticize Nintendo anyway. This is why I never bought the argument that they should have just ported Samus Returns to switch in HD. Graphics complaints would have been ENDLESS.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
In the old days, that very same Bug Catcher Cale would throw 4 lvl. 10 mons at you and probably wreck your shit (and nerves) with paralize, poison, sleep and life leech
In the old day every pokemon of catcher Cale would have been one shotted by the starter.
Of course we can always get easier.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
THE POWER OF THE NINTENDO SWITCH
Qrny9D7.jpg

NLIpeJ6.jpg

2017072622425100-cba8u8usa.jpg

C9XCy6RUQAAf1Oe.jpg

MK8%2BRainbow%2BRoad%2BRosalina.jpg

DTUUMXkVQAACJzY.jpg

NRebYA2.jpg

DeaITa4X4AAL5oS.jpg

I don't think I can honestly say what I are my thoughts about Gamefreak without getting a warning (or a ban).

I liked the game's proposal, and even their comercial goals with the Let's Go series. But man, I can't stress enough how...

*ahem*
I hope the next mainline installment will look better than that

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who basically only played Pokemon Red back in the days when it was new, is this game like any traditional Pokemon game, except that you have the catching mechanic of Pokemon Go (throw a ball at the Pokemon and have a random chance of catching it)? I'm not that familiar with Pokemon Go either.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I get that alot of you guys are happy with this, but is it okay for me not to be? I guesd i had higher hopes for this.

If you thought it was going to be anything like BotW or GoW then that's your own fault. This is a casual mainline game and Game Freak even stated to keep expectations in check for this one.

Moving from portable to home console isn't exactly easy if you have to get a game out every year to appease shareholders.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for the poor souls that'll pick Eevee instead of pikachu. Normal type, Take down or Return as best move, strong aganst no one, weak against many.

At least pikachu has good electric moves that can help killing lots of water and flying pokemon.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
The art is very good. Most of the models looks great (except for Mewtwo). Grid-based is fine, it was never an issue and I'm still confused when people prop it up as a major sticking-point. Co-op is a cool idea that I'd like to see in a traditional game. Love finally having 3D-rendered battles in a console Pokemon adventure. I hope there's some kind of Battle Restaurant were you can initiate new trainer battles because... if there's a limited number of trainer battles, then that'll be a huge bummer.

151 only is the biggest disappointment. I understand having only OGs in the Kanto wilds, but at least let me transfer the new ones in just to see their glorious models. The fact that wild encounters are Go-inspired to the extent that there is no battling is unfortunate as well. They could have easily had you battle the Pokemon until its health reaches a certain threshold, then initiate the catching sequence. (There's still a small chance that's true, but I highly doubt it.) Pokemon behaviors in the overworld seem FAR too simplistic as well. A Clefairy should not be as easy to find/initiate a battle with as a Zubat, for example.

This seems fine. I'll probably buy it. Not totally in my wheelhouse like a standard Pokemon RPG would be, but hey, the visual presentation of this Let's Go trailer was pretty effective at getting me hyped for Gen 8 (even though they didn't confirm a platform for it, which is mildly anxiety-inducing).

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With all the trainer pics showing only one Pokémon... with random encounters gone and trainer battles being the only way to battle and level up, is it possible the trainers level up and get more Pokémon over time? It would definitely lend to the games longevity. You beat that bug catcher and his one Pokémon, comeback a bit later and now he has two and a few higher levels, rinse and repeat.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Just because it's in the trailer doesn't mean it's in the actual game. They've shown made up levels in trailers before.

Deleted member 26462

Oct 30, 2017
I keep hearing the bs for years and yet the Pokémon franchise is bigger than ever.

Game Freak is soo underrated.

We're in 2018...and we weep getting games from early 2000s in Pokemon franchise.

Meanwhile, Nintendo and Sony reinvented BOTW and GoW succesfully with current standards.

Meanwhile in GF...look at that PS1 game, do you like It? Well, we made it in HD, please buy our game at 60$.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Those pictures remind me: All those pictures have the same lightning.

No more day-night cycle? Would be ridiculous imo.

To be fair, the day-night cycle in Pokemon games is absolutely horrible.
I can only play at night, so I finished Pokemon Sun while exclusively playing in night time. It's stupid.

The Zelda way is better : have a day-night cycle last 2 hours.

Anyway, yes, I doubt there will be night time: there wasn't in Yellow.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
never had that problem, and I was the one who only raise my starter
In the old games it was actually easier if you only raised your Starter. You'd ed up so overleveled that yo could breeze through the game outside of maybe one or two stumbling blocks (such as the first two gyms if you chose Charmander). Heck despite all of Brock's Pokemon being immune to electric attacks, it was still possible to beat him with Pikachu if you never bothered training anything else.

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
Vissualy the only real complaint I have is that a lot of the non Pikachu/Eevee pokémon look realy out of place in the overworld.