• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Davevil

Self-requested perma ban.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wrong or the pokeball has a little stick (clickable) so you can control characther with it?

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Nothing was worse than just trying to get somewhere and constantly having the screen flash every 5 steps.

hqdefault.jpg

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Team Eevee HYPEEEE

I'm so happy it's Gen 1 even though I would have also liked for Gen 2. I hope we get even more new Alolan forms.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually pretty surprised I'm hearing so many people say they dislike the random encounters this intensely
I mean, I kinda get, but I'm kinda surprised at the same time. Since yeah, I understand if people didn't like them and I get their reasons why even if I'm not sure I personally agree with that. But at the same time, in that case, that's literally what stuff like Repels are there for, to fix that problem and let people who don't like them not have to deal with them at all. I mean, perhaps the Repel system could be improved, but to just get rid of battles with Wild Pokémon entirely instead of giving people the choice if they want to fight them and lower their health and the like before trying to catch them or just defeat them for experience or whatever kinda sucks and limits options for no real gain, IMO.

So yeah, I personally don't get the benefit of completely removing that vs. just keeping/improving how Repels and the like work, but that's me.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed it's tile based and that there is no character customisation. But it does look better than I expected. This is gonna be a kick ass stop gap game. I like that you can see the Pokemon in the overworld.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Probably for the people who play Go.

Lol of all the things to be confused by with this, the target market sure as hell isnt one of them haha.

Then I feel like they sorta missed the point. Pokemon Go is popular because

1. It's free to play
2. It's available on smartphones, which almost everyone already has
3. The fun part is not catching the Pokemon, but finding them with the GPS mechanics

None of these carry over to Let's Go.

Are there really that many Pokemon Go players who are like "Man, I would love to buy a system and play a real Pokemon game, but they're just too complex, so I won't." Because that seems to be exactly who they're targeting. Pokemon Go integration is one thing (and it makes sense), but they're very deliberately dumbing it down a ton on top of that.

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
The "real" pokemon games are also for kids. See: Sun and Moon.
Yup.

Only thing worse than "serious" genwunners is the people that pretend this isn't true. And there's lots more of them.

I enjoyed all gens of Pokémon. Hell, last year I played three gens: Sun, Emerald, and Platinum. All great games. But now we're going to make distinctions between "core", "traditional" and whatnot because people see the first reveal of a new game and freak out like they always do when a new game is announced in almost any staple franchise for any console.

And if a new "core" game is announced after this, watch people suddenly be newly interested in a 20-year-old formula that they've been bitching about for a while. Watch the new "core" game suddenly be a hardcore game that's definitely not for kids, and definitely not something people should be wary about after all the bitching about Sun/Moon's handholding and... whatever problem Sun/Moon had that mysteriously didn't impact its sales, so much so that US/UM sold wayyyyyy above Era's expectations (I'll admit I was surprised, too).

I for one am glad that GF is another company that does its own thing instead of trying to please an obnoxious fanbase that hardly know what they want, and bitch about anything that actually gets released anyway.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Random encounters were awful in Pokemon. I would prefer seeing Pokemon in the play field and honestly, I'm not to torn up over losing wild battles. If the trainer battles are plentiful AND there are multiple arena type places where I can choose to battle as much as I want AND the game doesn't do away with the rest of Pokemon's rpg depth, I might love this new direction for Let's Go.

Deleted member 30458

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
They did something special and somewhat pretty good with the artstyle. I'm not a 100% sold on the characters but otherwise it looks way more like a real living overworld.

Now we need to know what are the new key features. The Pokémon Go accessory and new capture mechanism is just marketing.

brick-a20b

Oct 25, 2017
The changes are good. No one likes random encounters. Takes too long. As well, catching mechanic is more involved than pressing a button.i hioe the Pokemon move around to make it harder to catch.

It's going to be a good game.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
So, is it confirmed that Pikachu and Eevee can't evolve? If so, I have to go with pikachu, since I don't want to be stuck with Eevee for the whole of the game.

Your partner (Pikachu/Eevee) can't evolve, but I think I read somewhere that you can evolve the ones you caught elsewhere.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough, I actually love random counters, but hate them in pokemon games, so I'm neutral on them being taken out.

Osaragi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Considering the next gen games seem to be on track for next year - this is pretty cool. Just wondering how much the mechanics of this game might be affecting any new entries coming out from now on. Guess we will find out next year.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Not played Pokemon apart from Go, so this looks great. Fully up for family catching sessions with devices down the park (need to hear more about that ball) and the coming back to play in co-op at home. I wonder if Go revenue will see continual patches on this game?

I've been thinking how well the Switch hits upon the Family Computer ethos that Nintendo started with the NES and this is another excellent bullet point for that. I do think they could do with continuing their sports games in addition to this, although Go Vacation could do well there.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Because weakinging wild Pokemon to capture them was so hard? Gimme a break I could do that in my sleep aged 8. This is just a different approach.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually pretty surprised I'm hearing so many people say they dislike the random encounters this intensely
Eh in my playthroughs I've just relied on Trainer battles and got topped off just fine. Plus there might be some other systems to help keep your Pokemon up if you need the extra help. I guess I just find myself not really missing them. It's one of those things that sound bad on paper but not really that bad in practice. With that said I guess I would prefer keep wild Pokemon battles a thing.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
What up is this Random Encounters hate?
Those are perfect for leveling up and catching pokemons. AKA the best part of pokemon games.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Like Eurogamer said:
2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone".

So despite its not core Pokemon game
, this game will very popular and will sell millions of Switch units especially because offers local multiplayer.

How.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I mean most of the random encounters in the beginning were necessary in building your team. After that wouldn't you just, you know, use fly to get where you needed to go?

Yes, but after being in an area for a while you start to see the same few Pokémon in an area and it's easier for me to just see them on the screen and decide if it's worth catching them.

Flying only really works if you're backtracking.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest issue for me is not being able to battle wild Pokémon... I mean I'm looking forward to the games but that's some straight up bullshit.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
This is a new branch of the RPG series for casual players.

The generation 8 game is coming next year. If you want the hardcore experience then you can just ignore this game like all the previous Pokémon spinoffs.
Then GF should explain what they mean when they say these are mainline titles.

It doesnt play like the old mainline games
It replaced half of the battles with the minigame from one of the spin off that was free.
Removed more than 75% of the team options and enemy variety
If it its full priced, it will cost more than the other pokemon games, including the first gen 1 remake that had more pokemon.
It has the name of one of the spin-offs on its title.

The only way this could be a mainline game, if its mainline games from now on play like that.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly a problem in the Pokemon fanbase for sure with how much Gen 1 gets hated on just for existing and fans get hated on just for enjoying it.
You act like Genwunners don't exist and the recent games haven't been Gen I pandering hard to the detriment of the actual new content at times.

Gen I's reputation is earned.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
My main problem with this game isnt the Kanto nostalgia but the risk of being forced to use the ball gimmick to catch pokemon. Also Pokemon Go integration that gives benefits or locks away content. At least this game will have proper battles compared to the useless battle system of Pokemon Go. I hope you can transfer old pokemon for online battles and breed still.

One thing that this game possibly has that is better than the mainline these days is a simply story. The pokemon games have terrible, bland, too ambitious stories that I care little for. Hopefully no cut scene overload every step like Sun & Moon.

emperor_ing

Jan 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Having just watched the press conference (that could have been better delivered in a 15 minute direct to be honest) I can say that I'm definitely mixed on Let's Go. The visual style is great and a lot better than I imagined, it's not just a HD SM/USUM. Pokémon following you around as well as Pikachu/Eevee is great, don't mind returning to Kanto as it's the best we've ever seen it. However the gameplay is ringing alarm bells for the future of the series and does raise questions. We knew Go style gameplay was coming but it looks to be the worst outcome of it being mandatory. I get that motion controls is an intuitive and more lifelike way to play the game, but I think it'll be a gimmick that wears off its appeal quickly. I hope at least PokéBalls are cheap to buy as I know from whenever I've played Go I burn through A LOT as my aim with the touch controls is rubbish. There's a big question mark on how Pokémon levelling and training works as there's no battling wild Pokémon. Are we going to use stardust and candy like Go? It is evident though that they are going for a more social gameplay experience as that co-op looks to me like it gives you a huge advantage when catching Pokémon. I guess you could do it yourself by using both Joy-Con, but I just feel that this game is more designed around being played by 2 people.

Deleted member 30458

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I wonder how much it changes compared to a standard Pokémon RPG. Not being able to fight wild Pokémon is already a big change. I also hope it's not too easy and lazy...

But knowing a real Pokémon RPG is coming a year later is reassuring at least.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that if they remove random encounters in the main games that means Nuzlocke runs are dead, since they rely sorely on random encounters happening.

I get that it isn't the "official" way to play but that would be saddening

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you still fight the wild Pokemon like in the main games but you use the Go mini-game to catch them? Or you don't fight them at all?