• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
User Warned: “Lazy Devs” Rhetoric
I will buy this just because...

But what a joke, lazy and uninspired, give the Pokemon ip to an actual competent developer please.

Just Progress

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry still catching up. What does it mean no wild battles? What are the Pokémon in the field for? Literally just catching them a la Go?

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
Some screenshots I grabbed from the video (the chibi artstyle is really cute):

JbmBb.png

J0o5Y.png

Jbtis.png

Jb2NM.png

J0izp.png

JbCOH.png

JbLKt.png

JbMEQ.png

JbZp7.png

Jbjbl.png

Jbpzy.png

JbwCO.png

Jb6Bn.png

JbGNJ.png

JbRlw.png

JbPO9.png

JbWKx.png

Jb4UZ.png

JbBru.png

JbAp3.png

JbD3C.png

JbeCa.png

JbuDB.png

Jb0Qm.png

JbblT.png

JbxPW.png

Jb1Kq.png

JbJvG.png

Jb8Ug.png

JbKrU.png

JbTQb.png

JbNoM.png

JbFDY.png

JbyLp.png

Jbg38.png

JbVPs.png

JbagH.png

Jbdkt.png

JbfLy.png

JbzvQ.png

JbS3l.png

Jb3x7.png

Jb9HO.png

JbEQn.png

JbUoJ.png

Jbcg9.png

Jbqkx.png

JbnWw.png

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The reason why we are arguing about it is because Fosko has spent the last few weeks giving us shit for believing the leaks and now it's payback time but he is trying to find loopholes not to admit he was wrong.
Well yeah, but you're fighting a losing battle. Even if you get a video made by The Pokemon Company of Detective Pikachu himself saying "Fosko, buddy. You were wrong, this is a mainline game and those leaks were all legit. Even that Lapras screenshot that pretty much everyone wrote off." he wouldn't admit it.

Which is part of why it's a meaningless distinction.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10M in 2018 is my prediction.
It's possible. I think aesthetics will hurt the game. Particularly in older players

I am also curious as to who's working on this game. I know Masuda is directing, but it feels like GF either made a third team or the nature of how they make games will change up dramatically: Core Team and the Let's Go Team.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Can I just say, it's pretty insane that the first game specific joycon we are getting from Nintendo is a goddamn Pokeball with an analog stick on the front of it.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry still catching up. What does it mean no wild battles? What are the Pokémon in the field for? Literally just catching them a la Go?

It looks like there's core style battles based on the trailer, just not random encounters in fields. Instead you'll see the Pokemon walking around like you would in GO (I'm assuming rarer Pokemon will spawn less). You then walk up to them (or they run up to you?), fight them how you normally would, and then capture them in the same style as GO.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like there's core style battles based on the trailer, just not random encounters in fields. Instead you'll see the Pokemon walking around like you would in GO (I'm assuming rarer Pokemon will spawn less). You then walk up to them (or they run up to you?), fight them how you normally would, and then capture them in the same style as GO.
Nope. You don't battle wild Pokemon, only trainers.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017

You won't fight them, you go straight to the catching part.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Well yeah, but you're fighting a losing battle. Even if you get a video made by The Pokemon Company of Detective Pikachu himself saying "Fosko, buddy. You were wrong, this is a mainline game and those leaks were all legit. Even that Lapras screenshot that pretty much everyone wrote off." he wouldn't admit it.

Fair enough. I guess you are right. Also, that would be hilarious if it happened.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
See, those screenshots look great but I need to see online confirmed. Gematsu still says local only, jeuxvideo says no online at launch specifically. Can someone just confirm online or not already ... Serebii Joe is the only credible source saying the no online was a mistranslation.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else expecting a simplified stat system, with physical/special unified as one stat? Seems like a logical extension of the general gameplay philosophy for this title. These games appear to be totally unconnected to the "core" titles, no online trading or Bank support, so I suspect that making them incompatible with the 2019 games won't be a problem

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Yet you haven't provided any evidence so far.
Isn't the fact they clarified "core pokémon games like XY or SM are coming next year" enough evidence that they don't share the same treatment?

It's a new thing, that won't shake the core mechanics (combat, stats, etc) from the mainline games, we'll se that next year.

I'm not discussing about eating crow anymore, I just want people to see that even if GF clasifies Let's Go as mainline, is not the "same" mainline.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JbWKx.png

Holy fuck this is bad
Also they could have tried a bit to redesign zones. That forest with the linear paths is ridiculous

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Gross. Not at all what I wanted but I guess that was expected. Seems absolutely insane not to have any wild battles.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I'm so happy by this game: first Pokémon on an home console, it will bring Go users into the mainline series and it's a remake of yellow so my beautiful Kanto is back.

But i hope it's not 100% casual just because of the catch mechanics, how can i level up my Pokémon?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't realize the two games already shot up to the top of Amazon Best Sellers

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe we are getting a simplified version of an already simple gameboy game

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, mildly interesting small detail in those screenshots.
In the Mt. Moon one you can see they included a small visual element that was used in the FRLG tileset: a hole in the wall from which water pours.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else expecting a simplified stat system, with physical/special unified as one stat? Seems like a logical extension of the general gameplay philosophy for this title. These games appear to be totally unconnected to the "core" titles, no online trading or Bank support, so I suspect that making them incompatible with the 2019 games won't be a problem
It's already confirmed that leveling and what not will be simplified. I imagine stats will be part of that as well.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realise the part of the Nugget Bridge where you're battling a trainer with a lvl. 9 Venonat... with your lvl.18 monster + additional help in an asymmetric double battle. These games are going to be motherfucking press A to win.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't realize the two games already shot up to the top of Amazon Best Sellers
It happens every time.
I didn't realise the part of the Nugget Bridge where you're battling a trainer with a lvl. 9 Venonat... with your lvl.18 monster + additional help in an asymmetric double battle. These games are going to be motherfucking press A to win.
Queue the "bu-but pokémon was always easy"

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I don't think ditching EVs and IVs is ultimately a good move. Casual players could ignore them and still get through the extremely easy main game, while it increases the variety of sets you can use online, such as using odd speed investments to outspeed specific threats, investing just enough in defence to survive a particular attack from a common counter to your Pokemon etc.

more recent games in the series had the right idea in making it easier than ever to see and understand EVs and IVs, as well as making it easier to get the stats you want through stuff like the destiny knot, bottle caps, super training, hordes etc

But it's not easy enough. It's bordeline insane how hard it is to get the stats you want, especially for non breedable Pokemon.

So if they found a way to simplify the stats while still allowing us to choose our exact stats, that's very fine by me.

(But all of this doesn't matter, there won't be competitive battles on Let's Go.)

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Isn't the fact they clarified "core pokémon games like XY or SM are coming next year" enough evidence that they don't share the same treatment?

It's a new thing, that won't shake the core mechanics (combat, stats, etc) from the mainline games, we'll se that next year.

I'm not discussing about eating crow anymore, I just want people to see that even if GF clasifies Let's Go as mainline, is not the "same" mainline.
Sure, of course they are different, but mainline nonetheless. So, you finally admit it then?

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Exactly. Genuinely not meaning to threadwhine but this is second only to Gen Wars when it comes to being an absolute slog to sift through. This obsession some of you have with serving and/or eating crow and betting on sales figures and rumours is more distracting and intrusive than Go mechanics and Kanto pandering ever will be. It's beyond time to unite in a confused mix of commiseration and joy at this weird new Pokemon game.

Anyway. Oak looks good.

May 16, 2018
I'm interested in this, mostly because it'll make for an enjoyable, if casual, appetizer until gen 8 starts next year. I'm going in with low expectations, so if the game ends up offering any real.substance at all, I'll be pleased.

The main thing I'm wondering about is collecting Pokemon. Now that they are all on screen rather than random encounters, how will seeking out rare Pokemon work? Will there still be rarer mons? Is it a matter of entering and exiting a screen until they show up? If so, that's just as artificial as running around until random encounter RNG rolls in your favor.

Deleted member 26462

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly...Pokemon needs to change its developer ASAP.

GF stopped caring in the early 2000s, they keep recycling the formula every year, and technicaly their games are ridiculous, just look at Let's Go, it's like a Gamecube Game in HD, and i don't expect Gen 8 will be much different to this.

Just imagine Monolith Soft making a Pokemon game, that would be nuts.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Alright this makes no sense.

Is the concept of remakes this much of a paradigm shift that they'd have to clarify it to the audience that new generations will also be made? Did they also clarify after announcing ORAS that they would still make brand new, non-remake games? Was "but will they make new Pokemon ever again?" a question that existed in anyone's mind at any point, even when people believed this was the only game coming in the foreseeable future?

I apologize if you meant something else.

I'm sorry if it's confusing, the whole situation is.

What I think is that Let's Go is a 'main pokemon game' because it will set the foundation for all the next switch games to come.
Let's Go will be the remakes (I'm expecting a gen 2 in a few years) and the 'new gen' games will use elements from go, the engine from go and will simply add a new region + new pokemons.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Just like in the old days.
I'm not joking

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in this, mostly because it'll make for an enjoyable, if casual, appetizer until gen 8 starts next year. I'm going in with low expectations, so if the game ends up offering any real.substance at all, I'll be pleased.

The main thing I'm wondering about is collecting Pokemon. Now that they are all on screen rather than random encounters, how will seeking out rare Pokemon work? Will there still be rarer mons? Is it a matter of entering and exiting a screen until they show up? If so, that's just as artificial as running around until random encounter RNG rolls in your favor.
Imagine shiny hunting lmfao

Wiifitkid

Mar 12, 2018
The thing I'm most excited about is co opt.

People bring up sales. and I think that's an interesting point

Will this be like windwaker whose sales suffered due to "kiddy graphics " or will it be like breath of the wild or somewhere inbetween. The core gamers perceptions can absolutely kill word of mouth.

I also find the negative reaction here interesting. My boyfriend is a diehard pokemon fan(about the only game he owns or plays). He was absolutely thrilled about this announcement. Even to the point where he was asking if we wanted both versions and he's expecting us to get the pokeball

Will be interesting to see if era is the anomaly or uim. I have a lot of gaming friends who dont like pokemon games but play the crap out of pokemon go. So well see

toa95

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm super pumped for the game, having just picked up Pokemon Go again recently I'm exited, not to mention that they've already said you don't even need to play Go for it. The way I see it, they can try whatever they want with this game, give us co-op, give us a new stats system, make it not compatible with bank, this can become it's own series that's working on a schedule much like the Forza games on Xbox, one year a 'Let's Go' Game, the next a new 'Gen x' Game! The Pokeball plus looks super fun, it's a bit pricey but it's basically just a Joycon so I get the price. Yes it kinda sucks that the 'Hardcore' Pokemon fans have to deal with using US/UM for another year, but hey, I think it's just part of the process. Eventually we'll have a Gen 8 game and then everything can move over. I honestly don't expect Let's Go to be compatible with Pokemon Bank.

Just getting some sparatic thoughts out, but needless to say, I'm excited, #teameevee (Even if I can't evolve it.... and I can't have the best Eeveelution, Umbreon.)