• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's weird. Maybe this was meant to go out tomorrow with the Direct?

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
I know you can get them now in the Spirit Board but will the demo save files count to unlock the PIkachu and Eevee spirits?

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Cool. It's a good game that does some important things in moving the franchise forward and is a near perfect remake.

Oct 26, 2017
the people who wanted the game have probably already bought it, so this may convince people who aren't sold on the game.
ARMS also got a pretty late demo.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to try convincing the people during the window that the game was still under development? Doing it after the fact seems weird when a lot of the skepticism took place prior to the release date.

It's especially weirder considering that Gen VIII news might be on the horizon this year, so is there really a point in convincing these people when the next Pokemon game is around the corner?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it have made more sense to try convincing the people during the window that the game was still under development? Doing it after the fact seems weird when a lot of the skepticism took place prior to the release date.
The last two games had demos that were datamined and leaked everything weeks in advance, so they'll probably wait going forward.

Oct 26, 2017
The last two games had demos that were datamined and leaked everything weeks in advance, so they'll probably wait going forward.

The game still got datamined anyways due to broken street dates, so it's hard to say that shifting the demo really made that much of a difference.

Not to mention, I'm sure GF could have found a way to make it so that any demo they post onto the eShop does not have all of the data of their regular game.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I think it makes sense, honestly... release a late demo to get a second wind by to trying to sell folks who've been on the fence about getting it. It's a good strategy.

It's especially weirder considering that Gen VIII news might be on the horizon this year, so is there really a point in convincing these people when the next Pokemon game is around the corner?

I mean, this implies that they didn't try to convince people leading up to launch. Of course they did that too, they just didn't do a very good job of it. And specifically in the case of Let's Go, they didn't know how the changes would ultimately be received before the game launched.... releasing a demo at/before launch could've backfired if it turned out people hated it and decided not to buy the game as a result.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game still got datamined anyways due to broken street dates, so it's hard to say that shifting the demo really made that much of a difference.

Not to mention, I'm sure GF could have found a way to make it so that any demo they post onto the eShop does not have all of the data of their regular game.

That would require way too much work for a demo.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why not? this isn't any game, it's pokemon. it's going to keep selling very well for many months, up until the next game is out and then even a while after that.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
What if Gen VIII so fucking hype, that some people would actually buy LGPE to tide them over until the main course?

What if, instead of killing LGPE's legs as many have predicted, Gen 8 hype cycle will end benefitting it?

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could help keep the sales up. People are going to be thirsty for Pokemon and might not want to wait for the next gen.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They probably got Pokemon Gen 8 news soon and know people will want a Pokemon game that's available now.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent strategy since the game is a good entry point into the franchise.

Even Splatoon 2 is getting a demo soon guys, it is not that unusual ;)

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Had more fun with it than Sun and Moon with the disclaimer that I skipped the 2004 remakes so its more like going back to 96. Would definitely be less enjoyable if you played the first generation recently.

Random encounters have always been something ive hated so this was the most fun ive had with Pokemon since some of the Mystery Dungeon games, and the starters actually having customization and a bunch of unique moves is something I hope returns.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
What if Gen VIII so fucking hype, that some people would actually buy LGPE to tide them over until the main course?

What if, instead of killing LGPE's legs as many have predicted, Gen 8 hype cycle will end benefitting it?

That's an interesting theory, especially if the games connect in some way.

I for one always replay some Zelda games before the next installment is released.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Mew being tied to the Pokeball accessory is the main reason I haven't got it yet.
I'll try the demo though.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I already had my "demo" buying the game cheap on amazon, and selling it after trying it.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Historically, the legs of a Pokemon game is usually negatively affected when the next game is announced/released.
This is the week Let's Go pre-orders went up, there's a clear positive effect on USUM sales, https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-28-2018-jul-09-jul-15.56135/

Sun and Moon were affected because USUM felt like the same game, third version released too soon. Let's Go and Gen 8 will be two very different games and both will have each audience. Still, I don't think Let's Go legs will last much more. There were some new ads these last weeks, bundles got restock and now there's the demo, I think they're just trying to keep sales up before launching Gen 8 and focusing all marketing on it.