• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
giphy.gif

I hate to piggyback on this, but I was just searching for this thread to ask the same thing. The only Pokeball Pluses I see for sale are nearly $200 and there's no guarantee those even still have the Mew in them. I'm just looking to get recognition from the Mew Master Trainer and then I could send it right back. Would you be able to let me borrow that Mew for a bit?

I know it needs 8000+ CP in order to get the title. If yours isn't at that level, I'd be happy to feed it a ton of candies I've got to give it a boost, if you were cool with that.
Damn, 8000? My mew's only at 1753. I'm cool with trading tho if you still want it, just send me a DM, I got the game open already

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have been mad if the mainline Switch Pokemon games used this art style. Now that I think about it, I'm a little bit mad that they never did!

It just looks so clean! (Now compare that to the muddy, visual mess that is Sword/Shield)

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have been mad if the mainline Switch Pokemon games used this art style. Now that I think about it, I'm a little bit mad that they never did!

It just looks so clean! (Now compare that to the muddy, visual mess that is Sword/Shield)

I just wish the remakes used it. It fits so well with the GB/GBA/DS games style, just add back in the battling wild pokemon to capture them.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Going back through this now for the second time (first time in four years almost, wow..)

After BDSP were pretty rubbish, I actually appreciate these a bit more now. Still think not including anything beyond the original 151/Kanto wasn't good enough (even the Sevii Islands..) but they're good for what they are.

I'm trying to use Pokemon I've never really used before in my current run. Venomoth is turning out really well - steamrolled Erika's gym and Pokemon tower for me. Hypno on the other hand.. I never realised it was so weak before. Even after pumping it full of candies it's still taking multiple hits to down anything. In Erika's gym it took two Psybeams to down an Oddish ffs. Such a weird, terrible stat spread that I've never looked at before (70 Attack, 70 Special Attack?! No bulk? No wonder this thing doesn't get much love..) I think I'll give up on it soon

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
The affection mechanics can definitely make the games feel too easy sometimes, but I appreciate them from time to time.

This one coach trainer's Clefable on the route below Lavender Town put 5 of my 6 Pokemon to sleep and tried to spam Dream Eater, the 6th, Venomoth, shook itself awake six times, satisfying.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to bump, but I figured the OT is the best place. My son and I just rented this from our local library. I know last year or so the proper shiny hunting method was revealed but of course, there's still old videos and stuff out there. I just want to make sure I'm shiny hunting properly:

If I'm shiny hunting Caterpie(I just started, so I have no bonuses yet), once I get to 31+, every time I catch a Caterpie, every Caterpie that spawns after I catch one in my chain as the boosted shiny odds, right? Its not just boosted after another 31?

If I zone out of an area after catching a Caterpie, then go back in, that doesn't reset the boost, correct? So if I catch, zone out, zone back in, one of the Caterpie that spawns will be boosted?

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Sorry to bump, but I figured the OT is the best place. My son and I just rented this from our local library. I know last year or so the proper shiny hunting method was revealed but of course, there's still old videos and stuff out there. I just want to make sure I'm shiny hunting properly:

If I'm shiny hunting Caterpie(I just started, so I have no bonuses yet), once I get to 31+, every time I catch a Caterpie, every Caterpie that spawns after I catch one in my chain as the boosted shiny odds, right? Its not just boosted after another 31?

If I zone out of an area after catching a Caterpie, then go back in, that doesn't reset the boost, correct? So if I catch, zone out, zone back in, one of the Caterpie that spawns will be boosted?
Correct. It only applies to the next Pokémon of that chain to spawn, after that it's standard odds