• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
What's going on today. 3 days and dozens of hours trying to get shiny Lapras resulting in nothing and today shiny Charmander and Pikachu within 1 1/2 hours.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Can anyone trade me a Mewtwo and a Meowth that I can trade right back?

Getting a bit sick of shiny hunting this Mewtwo and a Shiny Charm would make me feel a lot better. I could trade a shiny Psyduck or something so you know I wouldn't steal your Mewtwo.

Also, does having a lure activated increase your chance of a legendary being shiny?
It's supposedly 1/1024 simply by having a shiny charm and lure on with no chain going.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Spent 30+hrs over a few days now, in this damn forest, why am I still here, why am I still looking for this shiny Bulbasaur?

My game is broken, I've run away and repopped thousands of them, over 100 catch combo, he/she wont appear - I have such bad luck in games.

I'm so depressed, why can't I just walk away?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
How are people shiny hunting Mewtwo? Soft resetting like the old times? Do combos affect these too?

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The catch combo method is real. Got a shiny Vulpix the other day in less than 3 hours, after getting a 33x combo. Tried to get a second shiny or special encounter for a while but got bored, so I decided to call it quits. I may try again in the future with a different Pokemon, especially if they carry forward to the next games.

There's no soft reset combination in these games, right? Having to quit the game and launch it again each time sounds like a pain in the ass.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It's a 1% spawn? My first time through Rock Tunnel I saw 4 on screen at once without any big combo going on lol

I have no idea actually, I didn't even know he could spawn there and I really like Kangaskhan, having him as your means of transportation is super cool too, he's way bigger than I thought and Pikachu/Eevee sits in the pouch next to the baby Khan. It's adorable.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I want to evolve my Alolan Graveler so anybody needing a trade, let me know. Maybe I can net you a Gengar or something

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea actually, I didn't even know he could spawn there and I really like Kangaskhan, having him as your means of transportation is super cool too, he's way bigger than I thought and Pikachu/Eevee sits in the pouch next to the baby Khan. It's adorable.
Welp, looks like I'll have to try this next time I play the game. Eevee riding on a Kangaskhan sounds like the cutest thing ever. Now that I think about it, I never used it in any game, so this could be the right time to do that. I'm already rocking a Nidorina and Rhyhorn, two mons I never used before either. Need to decide which of the three starters I'll replace with Kangaskhan, since it doesn't feel right to remove the partner Eevee from my party.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Does the size of the Pokemon even matter?

Is it purely a stat for those interested in catching a ton of Pokemon and comparing sizes like fishermen?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Mostly. Not fully, some are changed ever so slightly. For example, Gastly doesn't look as blue as the sprites that came before. :(
Gastly is an odd one because of the 3D effect on its gas. Most are basically fairly similar although the move from sprites to 3D models might effect the look a little bit. For the most part they're accurate though.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never realized you could skip Lt. Surge's gym for quite some time in the original games. I always did them as soon as I reached their city, and in order. Now I'm trying to avoid them for as long as I can, and plan on doing them in reverse order for the hell of it. With HMs (or the equivalent abilites) no longer being tied to them, I bet I could reach Cinnabar Island before hitting a roadblock. I wonder how it'll feel to beat Vermilion City's gym with a late game team, poor dude's gonna be brutally destroyed.

For all the shit I gave these remakes, they actually appear to be the less linear games of all the mainline entries, and that's great (haven't played gen 5 nor the gen 2 remakes, but my understanding is the former are very linear, and I can't remember much about original gen 2). I hope gen 8 continues to offer this level of freedom in how to tackle gyms or trials.

Deleted member 47559

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Does anyone still need to trade for all the version exclusives? I have Let's Go Pikachu, so looking for someone with Let's Go Eevee. Need to trade the Pokemon that evolve through trade as well

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
40hrs searching for shiny Bulbasaur, I'm sure my game is just broken. Seen 2x Caterpie, 2x Weedle and a Pidgey (that one I regret not catching :( which makes this shit even worse, how was I to know I'd get shit on luck wise tho) in the meantime, on a 102 Bulby catch combo.

I think the game is gonna defeat me, only a few hours until Smash comes out in my country so it's looking like you win shiny Bulbasaur. :( Why you gotta be like this Let's Go Eevee?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
40hrs searching for shiny Bulbasaur, I'm sure my game is just broken. Seen 2x Caterpie, 2x Weedle and a Pidgey (that one I regret not catching :( which makes this shit even worse, how was I to know I'd get shit on luck wise tho) in the meantime, on a 102 Bulby catch combo.

I think the game is gonna defeat me, only a few hours until Smash comes out in my country so it's looking like you win shiny Bulbasaur. :( Why you gotta be like this Let's Go Eevee?
Have you been catching every Bulbasaur you encounter?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Have you been catching every Bulbasaur you encounter?

Nar just agro'ing and running from them constantly, catching a random one here and there when I get bored/desperate for something different to happen. Do you think I should just start catching everything? Last time I tried that (this is my second hoouurs long term attempt at this bullshit) I lost my chain to a prick running after one break out. :(

I'm in a spot in the forest where I thought was really good as they aren't appearing offscreen or in another bit of grass. Just constant Bulbasaurs popping one after the other and still nothing. Sucks.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Nar just agro'ing and running from them constantly, catching a random one here and there when I get bored/desperate for something different to happen. Do you think I should just start catching everything? Last time I tried that (this is my second hoouurs long term attempt at this bullshit) I lost my chain to a prick running after one break out. :(

I'm in a spot in the forest where I thought was really good as they aren't appearing offscreen or in another bit of grass. Just constant Bulbasaurs popping one after the other and still nothing. Sucks.
Honestly I catch them because it helps me keep count. Plus after you catch 100 of them you should be able to catch most things with a poke ball so they are much easier to catch. Just run away if they break out in case you're afraid of them running.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
WTF just had a shiny Beedrill of all things appear, hardly ever see the regular ones pop (comparatively to the others). So the game can make that one show but not the constantly spawning Bulbasaur. >_>

Up to catch combo 127 now.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Got the fifth badge last night! Koga's pre-battle shtick is pure shounen glory in LGPE.
latest

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have a good Alolan Sandshrew they want to trade, well as exchange some exclusives (I have Eevee version)? I really want to finish my dex as well as have a good Sandslash for competitive. Any help would be great.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Anyone have a good Alolan Sandshrew they want to trade, well as exchange some exclusives (I have Eevee version)? I really want to finish my dex as well as have a good Sandslash for competitive. Any help would be great.

PM me a link code, I'm looking for a Meowth and Ekans.

EDIT: My Alolan Sandshrew's nature is Hasty and LV27, BTW.