• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If my switch has a profile for me and one for my wife, can we play this game with our own saves?

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
So has anyone been able to get Melmetal yet? I've actually been diligent every week to do my mystery box and catch as many Meltan as possible and I've got one more week to go before I am able to evolve Meltan. I've been checking IVs too and my best one is 14 attack, 13 defense, 11 hp. Thank god I had played Pokemon Go enough when it came out and had a bunch of Pokeballs to spare because I've had to play anyway and collect more at Pokestops. I'm excited to finally achieve the goal soon - definitely the most difficult mythical Pokemon I've ever [almost] obtained (perhaps just tedious/time consuming but those fucking Meltan love to escape my capture attempts in Pokemon Go so I mean...)

Oct 25, 2017
So has anyone been able to get Melmetal yet? I've actually been diligent every week to do my mystery box and catch as many Meltan as possible and I've got one more week to go before I am able to evolve Meltan. I've been checking IVs too and my best one is 14 attack, 13 defense, 11 hp. Thank god I had played Pokemon Go enough when it came out and had a bunch of Pokeballs to spare because I've had to play anyway and collect more at Pokestops. I'm excited to finally achieve the goal soon - definitely the most difficult mythical Pokemon I've ever [almost] obtained (perhaps just tedious/time consuming but those fucking Meltan love to escape my capture attempts in Pokemon Go so I mean...)

I literally did my first and only box a couple weeks ago for the double candy event. I got 242 Meltan candy from that one box. Then last week I just completely forgot and didnt do it at all. I have not been diligent.
All I have left right now are basic pokeballs and those little critters are slippery bastards so I'm not looking forward to the next box.

I think this next game will look better than Botw. I will take a week long ban at launch if it doesnt.

Found this from waaay back before pokeswitch was even revealed.
So what do you think yall, did LGPE look better than BotW? 😉

It's okay, you are named after a sweet character we'll let it slide.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I literally did my first and only box a couple weeks ago for the double candy event. I got 242 Meltan candy from that one box. Then last week I just completely forgot and didnt do it at all. I have not been diligent.
All I have left right now are basic pokeballs and those little critters are slippery bastards so I'm not looking forward to the next box.

Found this from waaay back before pokeswitch was even revealed.
So what do you think yall, did LGPE look better than BotW? 😉

It's okay, you are named after a sweet character we'll let it slide.

Lol glad no one remembered it.

But I was expecting gen 8 to be the next Pokemon game on Switch and not Let's Go.

I'm still hoping for this to be true though for gen 8 lol.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Finally finished the game and Mewtwo.

Only got 4 pokemon left to catch, Dragonite, Omanite and Omastar, and Hitmonchan.

If anyone can help me get these registered by a trade in trade back that would be super helpful! Would be my first time completing a pokedex lol.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Got this as a Christmas gift. My god it's so pathetically easy. I'm deliberately not using Pikachu and I still one shot every battle including gym leaders. I feel like even "twitch plays Pokémon" could beat this in a week if not a few days.
Yeah, it's insultingly simple so far. I'm only two badges into the game so I'm hoping it gets harder (Elite Four can't be easy, right?) but I haven't had a single Pokemon drop below half health yet, let alone get knocked out. I remember "whiting out" more than a few times when I played Red/Blue as a kid.

I like seeing Pokemon in the field. I like that the stats page show which stats are affected positively and negatively by natures. I even quite like the visuals for nostalgia purposes, seeing the world in the same top-down right-angled format as the original Kanto (though I hope the next game is more ambitious).

I deeply dislike the catching system and lack of wild battles (far too simple, and means exp gain HAS to result in tedious Pokebox management). I dislike how easy the sparse battles in this game are. I dislike how basic the battle animations are.

So far it seems fun as a nostalgia trip, but that's pretty much all this game has going for it. If the next (new gen) game is as simplified and easy as this, with visuals and battle animations as dated as this, then I imagine the feedback will be incredibly rough. To the point Bethesda can finally enjoy being out of the spotlight.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
Just started playing- I've never played a Pokémon game before. Just beat Brock at the gym.

I'm just not sure I'm actually having any fun 😕

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I can't believe they got rid of the game center games, and the bike. That's some straight garbage.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Can anyone possibly help me finish my Pokédex? These are the ones I need:

023 Ekans
024 Arbok
052 Meowth
065 Alakazam
068 Machamp
069 Bellsprout
070 Weepinbell
071 Victreebell
076 Golem
094 Gengar
102 Exeggcute
107 Hitmonchan
110 Weezing
119 Seaking
122 Mr Mime
123 Scyther
127 Pinsir
149 Dragonite

I've got some of the Let's Go Pikachu exclusives if anyone playing Eevee needs them and wants to trade.

Last edited:

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone possibly help me finish my Pokédex? These are the ones I need:

023 Ekans
024 Arbok
052 Meowth
065 Alakazam
068 Machamp
069 Bellsprout
070 Weepinbell
071 Victreebell
076 Golem
094 Gengar
102 Exeggcute
107 Hitmonchan
110 Weezing
119 Seaking
122 Mr Mime
123 Scyther
127 Pinsir
149 Dragonite

I've got some of the Let's Go Pikachu exclusives if anyone playing Eevee needs them and wants to trade.

I can trade you a few of those seeing as I have Eevee if nature and stuff doesn't matter to you. Also I have a graveler and Haunter I'm looking to evolve but I'll need them back :)

Anyway, just got to Fuchsia city. I always forget how LONG the route between Lavender and Fuchsia is. Also am I wrong or are the only two water types available up to this point the Magikarp you buy and Psyduck (discounting Squirtle)??Haven't seen any others since they took out fishing.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Hey guys, anyone available for a couple trade evolves? Have a Graveler, Haunter, and Kadabra. Much appreciated!

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I can trade you a few of those seeing as I have Eevee if nature and stuff doesn't matter to you. Also I have a graveler and Haunter I'm looking to evolve but I'll need them back :)

Anyway, just got to Fuchsia city. I always forget how LONG the route between Lavender and Fuchsia is. Also am I wrong or are the only two water types available up to this point the Magikarp you buy and Psyduck (discounting Squirtle)??Haven't seen any others since they took out fishing.
Cool, sent a PM!

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Apologies since this im sure this question has been beaten to death but is the difficulty in this game really too easy?

I was a huge fan of Pokemon back in Gen 1/2 but stopped after Sapphire and haven't played any of them since. I was hugely excited for this game being a remake of Yellow since that was my favorite Pokemon game back when I played.

The only thing that has me on the fence is that everything I have seen says the game is way too easy and you basically can cruise through the game with only a starter Pokemon or without losing a battle.

Now I don't remember the old games being overly difficult but I can still recall instances of having Pokemon on my team go down during trainer battles and having to use items and have a strategy of some sort.

Looking for some opinions, nostalgia is driving me to get this but at the same time, I don't want a game that I would get bored with easily due to being too easy.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Apologies since this im sure this question has been beaten to death but is the difficulty in this game really too easy?

I was a huge fan of Pokemon back in Gen 1/2 but stopped after Sapphire and haven't played any of them since. I was hugely excited for this game being a remake of Yellow since that was my favorite Pokemon game back when I played.

The only thing that has me on the fence is that everything I have seen says the game is way too easy and you basically can cruise through the game with only a starter Pokemon or without losing a battle.

Now I don't remember the old games being overly difficult but I can still recall instances of having Pokemon on my team go down during trainer battles and having to use items and have a strategy of some sort.

Looking for some opinions, nostalgia is driving me to get this but at the same time, I don't want a game that I would get bored with easily due to being too easy.
I never played Yellow and I really enjoyed Let's Go Pikachu. I needed to use other Pokémon to get past some of the gym battles. Your starter definitely ends up being your all-around strongest, but there's no way around the game's core type weakness/strengths angle.

Butane

Nov 2, 2017

I got it about a week ago as a gift for my birthday. I've gotten up to Fuchsia City. It's very easy, but I'm still having fun with it.

There are two things, in my opinion, that make it too easy. First, most of the trainers in the game only have one pokemon per battle, and second, the constant exp share mechanics allow for some of your 'mons to get over leveled quickly. I caught a Charmander just after the Pewter gym. I don't feel like I used it a ton, but just always had it in my party. I would rotate other pokemon out when I found one I wanted to use, but since he was always there gaining experience, he got extremely over leveled compared to my other pokemon and what I was encountering in battles. I think he was level 40 or 41 when I got to Erika. My Pikachu was also crazy over leveled by the time I got to the Cerulean gym as well.

Basically I've been rotating pokemon out a lot so that my team will be a bit more consistent to what I'm facing in the gyms, but there is still this disparity between older 'mons I have been using and newer ones which has been driving me crazy since I like to keep their levels even with each other.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I never played Yellow and I really enjoyed Let's Go Pikachu. I needed to use other Pokémon to get past some of the gym battles. Your starter definitely ends up being your all-around strongest, but there's no way around the game's core type weakness/strengths angle.
I got it about a week ago as a gift for my birthday. I've gotten up to Fuchsia City. It's very easy, but I'm still having fun with it.

There are two things, in my opinion, that make it too easy. First, most of the trainers in the game only have one pokemon per battle, and second, the constant exp share mechanics allow for some of your 'mons to get over leveled quickly. I caught a Charmander just after the Pewter gym. I don't feel like I used it a ton, but just always had it in my party. I would rotate other pokemon out when I found one I wanted to use, but since he was always there gaining experience, he got extremely over leveled compared to my other pokemon and what I was encountering in battles. I think he was level 40 or 41 when I got to Erika. My Pikachu was also crazy over leveled by the time I got to the Cerulean gym as well.

Basically I've been rotating pokemon out a lot so that my team will be a bit more consistent to what I'm facing in the gyms, but there is still this disparity between older 'mons I have been using and newer ones which has been driving me crazy since I like to keep their levels even with each other.

Thanks for the responses and feedback. From the sound of it, it doesn't sound too bad. I think I'll still pick it up mainly because I have the itch for some Pokemon and want to see how they reimagined Yellow.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Can anybody help me here, I am trying to get my first shiny, a growlith, I currently have a 200 combo and have been trying since yesterday (6 hours today literally and 4 hours yesterday) with max lures and have yet to see a single one, tried route 5, 6, 7 and 8 all to no avail, what am I doing wrong here?

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Can anyone help me finish my Pokédex? The only three I need are Meowth, Pinsir and Dragonite.

I don't care about keeping any of them, I just want to get the entries, so even if you could just trade them to me and we trade back, that's totally cool. I have multiples of all of the Let's Go Pikachu exclusives for anyone playing Eevee.

Last edited:

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
3pCzkDT.png

Somehow I managed the patience to wait 3 months for my sweet baby Melmetal, hooray!

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I am looking for Eevee version exclusives if anyone is willing to trade.

I already have everything except for Alolan Meowth, Alolan Vulpix, and Koffing.

If anyone can help me out with this, it would be awesome.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
FWIW, I found a Discord channel on the Let's Go reddit and found someone to trade with in minutes.

Just need to level up my Dragonair one more time so it evolves into Dragonite and my 'dex is complete.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My Mew has a naughty nature and I put Magikarp in my pokeball. Haven't really played the game with it but I love the poke center sounds when charging and effects when you have a pokemon in the pokeball. Also with daily steals and Target I ended up paying $50 after all for the game + pokeball plus lol.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I posted this in another thread but I might as well ask here:

I'm stuck fighting Giovanni for the first time in the Team Rocket hideout, he absolutely destroys me.

I have a Pikachu at level 36, the rest are like Sandshrew etc at level 31, am I fucked unless I grind via catching?

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I posted this in another thread but I might as well ask here:

I'm stuck fighting Giovanni for the first time in the Team Rocket hideout, he absolutely destroys me.

I have a Pikachu at level 36, the rest are like Sandshrew etc at level 31, am I fucked unless I grind via catching?
Do you have any decently leveled water type Pokemon? Pretty much all of his Pokemon are weak to water-based attacks.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
No, the only water based Pokemon I've encountered so far was the Squirtle near the beginning that you can get if you'd caught 30 Pokemon. I guess I could go back and get it but then I'd need to level it up quite a bit somehow.
I think I have an extra wild Squirtle I caught in my Pokemon box. I've got my lunch break in an hour, I'll check it then and let you know. If it's got a decent level, you can have it.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone got a Melmetal they'd be willing to trade for? I've got a couple of shinies and legendaries, including Mew, that'd I'd be willing to give up for it. I don't play GO so getting Melmetal is pretty much impossible for me, although I reaaally want one for completion sake.

Any help trading for one would be much appreciated.

Oct 25, 2017
Beats elite 4. Easy peasy. Goes to mewtwo. Fucks me up haha.

Can't just chuck a masterball at him eh? Psychic took out my lvl 60 pikachu in a turn. Hmmmm