• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
Is it true Let's Go sales are actually disappoiting ? One of my friend just told me the games aren't doing good...

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'm not a "core" Pokemon fan, but I enjoyed Let's Go far more than I did X or Omega Ruby.

Although I also never played the original version of Yellow, so it was entirely new to me.

Dec 12, 2017
Can you start the game, stick your starter in the PC and just get another random 6 pokemon to play with? I don't want the game to be too easy like I've heard it is.

Is the starter the only way to use HMs?

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So, what's the deal with this title? I have it coming in the mail today (got Eevee w/ Pokeball bundle for $50).

Is it anything like the original title outside of pokemon not being in the grass?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Can you start the game, stick your starter in the PC and just get another random 6 pokemon to play with? I don't want the game to be too easy like I've heard it is.

Is the starter the only way to use HMs?
Starter is always with you even if you box it. So you can always use hms, they don't take a move slot anymore, just like in Sun/Moon. Only way to make it difficult is if you ignore everything the game wants you to do. Box the starter, ignore the candy system, ignore the catching multiple species of Pokemon. Otherwise you'll be overpowered and over leveled.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Can you catch Mewtwo without a Master ball? We wasted ours on Articuno.

We tried the other day after defeating Mewtwo but exhausted all our poke'balls. I've been farming for a Master Ball in the Cerulean Cave where they say you can find them at random in those light areas on the 2nd floor. I've been doing this on my off time during work and no luck for a couple days now.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Can you catch Mewtwo without a Master ball? We wasted ours on Articuno.

We tried the other day after defeating Mewtwo but exhausted all our poke'balls. I've been farming for a Master Ball in the Cerulean Cave where they say you can find them at random in those light areas on the 2nd floor. I've been doing this on my off time during work and no luck for a couple days now.
Yeah you can :) I caught it with a Great Ball

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That's good to know. I'm getting sick of farming for a Master Ball. Might be quicker just keep chucking balls at him.

If you don't mind me asking how long did it take to catch him? We went through about 150 Ultra and Great balls but no luck.
Not too long, just don't forget to use Berries but note his Barrier will block them and remove their effects so be quick and tacticle

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What the heck is the deal with my Dragonair. He's level 47, and I've fed him a ton of Quick candies so his Speed stat is around 160, but he's getting outsped by Pokemon fifteen levels weaker than he is. What's going on? Is this Pokémon bugged or something?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
What the heck is the deal with my Dragonair. He's level 47, and I've fed him a ton of Quick candies so his Speed stat is around 160, but he's getting outsped by Pokemon fifteen levels weaker than he is. What's going on? Is this Pokémon bugged or something?
That shouldn't be happening unless you're using Dragon Tail or the other Pokemon are also candied.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Just picked the game up wow, this control scheme is the dumbest shit I've experienced in a game in a while. Why am I forced to use a single joycon? I know I'm late to the party on this but goddamn I wish Game freak could just be a normal dev.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the only way to have the evolution of Meltan in both Pokémon Let's Go and Go is if I gather 800 meltan candy?

giphy.gif

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get a shiny charmander. I have the shiny charm, I did a 31 chain and used Lure. Then I was flying on a Charizard above the grasses and got nothing. Almost 2 hours flying and no signal of a shiny Charmander.

Any tips? Am I doing something wrong?

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I finally returned to this game over the weekend and beat the Elite 4 and became the tip top Pokemon League Champion. I really enjoyed this game a lot. The ending was quite satisfying in an understated way. Despite the lack of variety in gameplay, simplified systems, and decidedly nostalgic veneer over almost everything in the game, I ended up enjoying Let's Go more than Sun/Moon.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
New patch is live guys

Just fixes things

It doesn't fix "You used a Full Restore"

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I finally returned to this game over the weekend and beat the Elite 4 and became the tip top Pokemon League Champion. I really enjoyed this game a lot. The ending was quite satisfying in an understated way. Despite the lack of variety in gameplay, simplified systems, and decidedly nostalgic veneer over almost everything in the game, I ended up enjoying Let's Go more than Sun/Moon.

I enjoyed it more than Sun and Moon, but that's partially because it didn't have Lillie in it talking up a storm of nonsense.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Still need/want to completely the Pokédex, something I've never done before. If anyone can trade me Pikachu exclusives, do let me know.

Then I need to refight E4 (assuming they too get a rematch boost?), 5 more master trainers, and fight the two strongest trainers post game. Should probably start doing some Chansey grinding; i only beat the Viridian rematch thanks to Mewtwo.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking to finally buy one of these games but I'm sure whether to go with Pikachu or Eevee. What do y'all recommend?

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm looking to finally buy one of these games but I'm sure whether to go with Pikachu or Eevee. What do y'all recommend?

For me, it came down to version exclusives. I went with Pikachu after seeing the list.

Eevee exclusives:
  • Bellsprout
  • Weepinbell
  • Victreebell
  • Vulpix
  • Ninetails
  • Meowth
  • Persian
  • Koffing
  • Weezing
  • Ekans
  • Arbok
  • Pinsir
Pikachu exclusives:
  • Oddish
  • Gloom
  • Vileplume
  • Sandshrew
  • Growlithe
  • Arcanine
  • Grimer
  • Muk
  • Scyther
  • Mankey
  • Primeape

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me, it came down to version exclusives. I went with Pikachu after seeing the list.

Eevee exclusives:
  • Bellsprout
  • Weepinbell
  • Victreebell
  • Vulpix
  • Ninetails
  • Meowth
  • Persian
  • Koffing
  • Weezing
  • Ekans
  • Arbok
  • Pinsir
Pikachu exclusives:
  • Oddish
  • Gloom
  • Vileplume
  • Sandshrew
  • Growlithe
  • Arcanine
  • Grimer
  • Muk
  • Scyther
  • Mankey
  • Primeape
Gotcha. It also seems the Pikachu version is $100 now? Eevee version is $47 on eBay. I can't find a cheaper Pikachu one.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Think I'm finally in the mood to come back to this game and complete the 'dex. Wanted to after I finished the league but I think I was burned out at the time, something Pokemon never does to me as early as beating the league. Glad I want to spend more time with it because coming back to it now after recently playing a few hours of X, the HD visuals are pretty even if they're minimal.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So I finally beat the Elite 4 yesterday. Tonight I caught Mewtwo, but I didn't want to use my Masterball. I caught him with a Premier ball. On my way out of the cave, what should I happen upon but a shiny Chansey! After two golden razz berries and three ultra balls, I got scared it would run, so I threw the masterball at it. I knew that thing would come in handy!

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I just managed to complete my dex! Very first time I've ever "caught 'em all" in a Pokémon game, supplemented by a helpful friend and Pokémon GO for some of the trickier dudes.

But now I'm trying to shiny hunt and oh my GOD it's so boring. And the fact that Pokémon become easier to catch but only after you've got 100 of them is gruelling to say the least. I've tried chaining Chansey and Ditto for shinies with 4 guaranteed IVs but instead just got Shiny Koffing and Ditto, but only during my Chansey combo (so no super IVs) 😒

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey all! New to this thread but have been playing Let's Go pretty steadily since launch and loving my time with it. I've come to learn I need to trade some pokemon to evolve them, so with that said, would anyone be willing to help me evolve my Haunter and Machoke to their respective final forms? If so, please send me a PM with whatever I need to do, haha. Thanks!

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
After 53 hours, I'm finally done with Let's Go. I've beaten the Elite 4, cleared six master trainers, beaten Red, beat the gyms and E4 rematches, and completed a living Pokédex. I was very happy with this game and I'd love a Let's Go Johto!

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
FFS, I just had a streak of 32 Magikarp in a row..thought maybe a shiny will be coming soon or at least something cool. I passed up a Cloyster when I was at 18 or so (which I don't have yet so that was tough). Anyway, the fucking thing ran after breaking out of like one ball! Ended my streak! I can't believe it.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean weekly now you can get 116 Candy just from capture, so it's not that much of a pain
Thanks to double candy events and pinap berries I've gotten 800 surprisingly quick.

I used the first 400 literally the night before they announced the meltan event.
Now I've gotten 400 more in anticipation of a shiny Meltan which is my #1 all time goal in Go. No luck yet, and time is running out. Getting nervous.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I got swiped online from somebody who was not willing to trade my Gengar (trade evolution) back to me, we had just gave each other Machamps and Golem. Is anyone here able to trade one to me?

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I really wanna get the game now since right now my mate is praising it for me in the party chat. But the game not supporting the pro controller is a big problem for me. I have massive hands and the joycons are garbage

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I really wanna get the game now since right now my mate is praising it for me in the party chat. But the game not supporting the pro controller is a big problem for me. I have massive hands and the joycons are garbage
If you get it play it in handheld mode only. The motion controls are garbage. I'm amazed how Gamefreak screwed up by not allowing the pro controller.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the tip. Shall I get this one or just wait for Shield?
Do you have any nostalgia for gen 1 Pokemon? If not I'd maybe wait until Sword and Shield. Let's Go did 2 things right to advance the series but the controls are pretty bad unless you do handheld only. I really hope they do pro controller support for Sword and Shield.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Do you have any nostalgia for gen 1 Pokemon? If not I'd maybe wait until Sword and Shield. Let's Go did 2 things right to advance the series but the controls are pretty bad unless you do handheld only. I really hope they do pro controller support for Sword and Shield.
My favorite gen actually as I don't like the new