• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So, when is Pokémon Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go Marill coming out?

Can't wait for tonight, come onnnn

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Despite my reservations about this game, I'm still incredibly hyped. I won't be able to play it immediately since I'll be at ffxiv fanfest, but I'll probably start it as soon as I get home. Going with Eevee version, although those moves really do seem OP as heck... Also pre-ordered the Pokeball Plus bundle in the hopes it helps get me to play more Go.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
This lineup is far too violent
DsCfSgqU8AI-H3w.jpg

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
So guys
This is my Pokemon game
I've only seen Pokemon 2000 (Which I love a lot)
And some Pokémon episodes in German (I don't know German)
Which one should I get?
Evee or Pikachu ?

Deleted member 33116

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I'm gonna grab this tomorrow. Can't justify the Eshop price being $30 more so I'll wait a few hours. Eevee for sure.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry if it's been asked already but I haven't really followed the game after reveal, can we battle against and trade with random people online or do we need to exchange friend codes?

Nov 13, 2017
Pre-ordered from Amazon UK in like July. It's not even dispatched. Pretty close to just cancelling it and getting it locally. Unbelievable how bad Amazon is, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a game to be sent for launch day in 2018. Incredible.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Pre-ordered from Amazon UK in like July. It's not even dispatched. Pretty close to just cancelling it and getting it locally. Unbelievable how bad Amazon is, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a game to be sent for launch day in 2018. Incredible.

For what it's worth, my Diablo III dispatched from Amazon UK last Thursday afternoon and still arrived on Friday. Don't lose hope yet.

Nov 13, 2017
For what it's worth, my Diablo III dispatched from Amazon UK last Thursday afternoon and still arrived on Friday. Don't lose hope yet.

Fair enough, we'll see. I wouldn't be so salty if it wasn't for the fact I preordered this literally months ago in the hope of avoiding shit like this... I thought the sooner the order goes in, the less drama surrounding getting in time for launch, lol. How ironic.

Oct 29, 2017
My copy of Spyro was ordered when the game was announced and it didn't dispatch until the morning the game came out. Got it by midday.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Can someone who buys the Switch bundle for this let me know something? The game comes pre-installed -> does it attach to a users account, or is it 100% tied to the machine?

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know if the physical Japanese version is multi-language or has any kind of IP lock for the online? I have a friend on a trip in Japan and people at stores told him that even though the game will work in the European console, it might give troubles with the online connectivity or something like that. Maybe they're parroting the old "unexpected behaviour when connected to Pokémon games in other languages" from the early gens?

Pokémon is a global SKU game, you can check the details further in Japanese e-Shop about the supported languages and English is supported. Since it is a Cartrige based game, the game title should supposed to be Japanese in Switch menu but the game itself should play in English.

Oct 26, 2017
If I trade with someone on here that has a Mew and then immediately trade them back, would my Pokedex be full? Obviously I'd need to gain their trust first but Pokemon communities have always been really friendly to me in the past.

I just can't justify spending $40 for a damn Mew

ynthrepic

Oct 25, 2017
Man why get Evee if you can't evolve him?

9 or so unique moves is more than anythings had before right? that or if you just like the pokemons look and personality a lot
The main reason people were like "why wouldnt you pick pikachu?" seemed to be because they thought Pikachu was stronger but it seems like its the other way around this time.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I trade with someone on here that has a Mew and then immediately trade them back, would my Pokedex be full? Obviously I'd need to gain their trust first but Pokemon communities have always been really friendly to me in the past.

I just can't justify spending $40 for a damn Mew

That's always how it's worked in the past. Just need to have possessed a Pokémon at one point for it to be registered in your dex.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows if it's possible to trade the initial Pikachu/Eevee? I guess not, but just in case.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I read the OP but I'm a bit confused about the Meltan thing, do I have to catch it in GO first? Because I haven't seen it there at all. Or do I just simply get the box as a gift for connecting the games then play the candy minigame in Let's Go?

You send something from GO to Let's Go, and in return a special box gets sent back to GO. Then you use this box to attract Meltan for 30 minutes, once per week.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
I've had both ordered for months from SimplyGames in the UK, normally they're very good about sending things out early but they haven't even dispatched yet. I wonder if Nintendo are being hard-asses about places sending it out early after what happened with Sun & Moon? I've had the Pokeball ordered from Amazon since the day it was announced and they're saying arriving Saturday. Amazon are just shit these days to be honest.

Nov 13, 2017
I've had both ordered for months from SimplyGames in the UK, normally they're very good about sending things out early but they haven't even dispatched yet. I wonder if Nintendo are being hard-asses about places sending it out early after what happened with Sun & Moon? I've had the Pokeball ordered from Amazon since the day it was announced and they're saying arriving Saturday. Amazon are just shit these days to be honest.

Honestly, I've not touched amazon for years in terms of games, i had a voucher to use up.

I wont be going near them again.

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
3 version exclusives is kind of pathetic. It really makes trading unnecessary when each version can basically get everything.

Not a huge deal, but so many people at work are getting this it's a bummer we won't need to do more than one or two trading sessions to all fill the Pokedex.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
3 version exclusives is kind of pathetic. It really makes trading unnecessary when each version can basically get everything.

Not a huge deal, but so many people at work are getting this it's a bummer we won't need to do more than one or two trading sessions to all fill the Pokedex.
There aren't just three

Let's Go Eevee! exclusive evolution lines:

Pinsir
Koffing -> Weezing
Ekans -> Arbok
Bellsprout -> Weepinbell -> Victreebel
Vulpix -> Ninetales
Meowth -> Persian

Let's Go Pikachu! exclusive evolution lines:

Scyther
Grimer -> Muk
Sandshrew -> Sandslash
Oddish -> Gloom -> Vileplume
Growlithe -> Arcanine
Mankey -> Primeape

Some of the Alolan forms are version exclusive

Plus you'll have to trade to evolve Haunter, Machoke, Kadabra, and both Gravelers

Let's Go Eevee gets an extra Mega Evolution with Mega Pinsir

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There aren't just three

Let's Go Eevee! exclusive evolution lines:
Pinsir
Koffing
Ekans
Bellsprout
Vulpix
Meowth

Let's Go Pikachu! exclusive evolution lines:
Scyther
Grimer
Sandshrew
Oddish
Growlithe
Mankey

Some of the Alolan forms are version exclusive.

Plus you'll have to trade to evolve Haunter, Machoke, Kadabra, and both Gravelers

Let's Go Eevee gets an extra Mega Evolution with Mega Pinsir

The OT shows 3 exclusive lines per game.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Going to have to try to trade with people if I can make this 151 living dex a thing. I'm getting the Eevee version and will be transferring some of my mons from Go but I don't have Growlithe or Mankey on there so I'll have to trade for those. Plus Alolan forms of nearly everything except Grimer. And the trade evolutions. Hopefully trading will be somewhat easy to do, I know there's no GTS right? So I'll actually have to find people who want to trade and such.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
So I heard this on another forum , game is 30fps and it isn't stable either, while wandering around it drops. What do you think ?

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Question regarding trade evolutions. Can we transfer Haunter/Graveler/Machoke to Go to evolve and then transfer back? Or does it have to be a trade with another Let's Go player?

I'm assuming the latter since we are only transferring Pokémon to Go.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Question regarding trade evolutions. Can we transfer Haunter/Graveler/Machoke to Go to evolve and then transfer back? Or does it have to be a trade with another Let's Go player?

I'm assuming the latter since we are only transferring Pokémon to Go.
Has to be trade between Let's Go players. Transferring Pokémon from Go to Let's Go is one way only - you can't transfer Pokémon from Let's Go to Go.