• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
3 version exclusives is kind of pathetic. It really makes trading unnecessary when each version can basically get everything.

Not a huge deal, but so many people at work are getting this it's a bummer we won't need to do more than one or two trading sessions to all fill the Pokedex.

There are more than 3. OP is incomplete.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
I pre ordered the Pokeball bundle a few weeks ago but I'm so scared they'll sell it and won't have anymore. The GS I go to has sold reserved games in the past. SSBU is my last reserve at GS then I'm going Amazon pre orders only.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Reminder that you cannot evolve Meltan in Let's Go. That, on top of not being able to transfer from Let's Go to Go, makes it so you can't just start with a Meltan in your team and eventually evolve it, which is a bummer. Take it into account when planning your team.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So let's say I adore Pokemon, but could not stand playing Pokemon Go (no Pokestops anywhere even remotely near me). How much is that going to hinder my experience and ability to collect every Pokemon in this game?

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So let's say I adore Pokemon, but could not stand playing Pokemon Go (no Pokestops anywhere even remotely near me). How much is that going to hinder my experience and ability to collect every Pokemon in this game?

You can collect every Pokemon (of the original 151) except for Meltan and Melmetal without playing Go. You can even get Alola forms in the game. Of course, you will have to trade for version exclusives.

Are ya ready Pikachu? Eevee? Oak? Alright fellas...

Let's Gooooo!

A Ballroom Blitz reference was the last thing I expected in this thread but I am so thankful it happened.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
For a game called Let's Go it barely plays like Go. Are you okay with the capture mechanics? If so, you're good to go, the rest of it the game is essentially a watered down traditional remake of Yellow.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
You can collect every Pokemon (of the original 151) except for Meltan and Melmetal without playing Go. You can even get Alola forms in the game. Of course, you will have to trade for version exclusives..

Let's say I want Meltan, how hard is he to find in Pokemon GO as someone who's only played it very sparingly.

For a game called Let's Go it barely plays like Go. Are you okay with the capture mechanics? If so, you're good to go, the rest of it the game is essentially a watered down traditional remake of Yellow.

I don't mind the catching mechanics/gameplay, I just really didn't like the "actually go outside and find Pokestops/Gym's" aspect since I live in a pretty rural area with nothing around. Was mostly asking about what I'd be missing out on as far as connecting the two games.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Let's say I want Meltan, how hard is he to find in Pokemon GO as someone who's only played it very sparingly.

Very easy. When you connect Go to Let's Go you receive an item called the 'Mystery Box'. When used in Go this will act as an incense that only spawns Meltan for 30 minutes. Estimates are that you'll be able to get between 10 and 30 Meltan within that time frame. 400 candy is needed to evolve to Melmetal, which means you need something like 58 Pinapped Meltan to evolve.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia

I don't mind the catching mechanics/gameplay, I just really didn't like the "actually go outside and find Pokestops/Gym's" aspect since I live in a pretty rural area with nothing around. Was mostly asking about what I'd be missing out on as far as connecting the two games.

I believe all you have to do is transfer the gift box to LG and it'll have Meltan in it but it takes a bit of playing for it to be unlocked to acquire I believe.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just got my despatched email. Eeevee + Pokeball bundle. Bring on tomorrow (my post doesn't arrive until ~2pm so it'l be a long wait... 24 hours from now roughly)

Nykyrian_Q

Oct 27, 2017
First time Amazon has ever shipped my game early... and I sent it to my parents house. Guess I'm making a pre-holiday visit home.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Got it this morning, one day earlier, from Amazon.
I'm in Viridian Forest, and so far it's been a beautiful experience. I'm a bit overleveled already, as I'm catching almost everything that comes up on screen, but I'm having a hell of a time, especially with the Pokéball Plus.
As someone was saying earlier, the framerate drops on occasion, which sucks. Let's hope GF learns their lesson and gets better with gen 9.
So far so good, anyway.

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
I'm super excited to play this when it unlocks. The last Pokemon game I played was X. I'm okay with them making the game more simple but I am bummed about no day and night cycle.

I am going with Pikachu even though Eevee is one of my favorites because I thought it was cute in Pokemon Yellow when Pikachu followed you. I also want to evolve an Eevee into Flareon which you can't do with a starter Pokemon.

The only other thing that had me conflicted on which version to buy was Vulpix being exclusive to the Eevee version. I hope someone will be kind to trade me one ☺️

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I am still deciding whether I buy it or not.
I still have time to get the 2x gold coins, which is a pretty significant 10%
Also no idea which version to buy lol

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my copy this morning, yay for getting things a day early.

Just played the opening and it was adorable (Pikachu edition).

Also, making the game entirely playable with the Poké Ball Plus is a great achievement, considering you only have two buttons, an analogue stick and motion controls. It works super well, and I like the extra sounds and lights. Seriously impressed with the concept of this thing, and it will be my preferred way to play.

I really only got it for the Mew, but glad I did now.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! That makes life easier. So basically if you play Go there are no exclusives that require the other version?
Yeah, playing Go more or less let's you transfer all the version exclusives, except iirc Mew. I'm not sure if Go gave the ability to catch it, but I've heard it eont be transferable and the pokeball is the only way of obtaining it right now......
Unless you use strength on that truck in front of the SS Anne.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
gonna pick my copy up tomorrow. haven't touched my Switch in months.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally got Pikachu off the eshop instead of eevee.

I hate Pikachu so I guess I'll just shove him in the box right away and be done with it. FUCK

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
One question, if I want to complete my pokedex with the pokemon from the second version, can I use go to transfer them to my switch?

Oct 25, 2017
Potentially dumb question. I'm a US Switch owner and I've set up NNID's for Japan, UK, and Australia. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just buy the game from the Australian eShop so I can play now? I have a credit card with no foreign transaction fees.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Potentially dumb question. I'm a US Switch owner and I've set up NNID's for Japan, UK, and Australia. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just buy the game from the Australian eShop so I can play now? I have a credit card with no foreign transaction fees.
Not sure how it works, but I would say that you'd need to buy the game with an AUS/NZ Nintendo account to play it right now.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I accidentally got Pikachu off the eshop instead of eevee.

I hate Pikachu so I guess I'll just shove him in the box right away and be done with it. FUCK
EuW4kYr.jpg

Don't abandon Pikachu! They'll feel sad. ;;

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Can anyone elaborate on the battery of the go plus?

I've heard conflicting reports. I've heard some people say 3 hours and some people say 20. Also I'm pretty sure that's gameplay and I'm curious what is the battery impact while carrying it around all day with your phone.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still wish I got Eevee version because it is awesomer than Pikavhu and still causes less redundancy on the team. I want a damn Alolan Raichu

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So question for those who have this-

Handheld mode lets you aim and throw Pokeballs without requiring motion controls. Do you immediately lose this ability when you detach the joycons or dock the console? Or is it also possible when docked?