• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
iu

Don't forget to stock up on the game's official snack.

Can we do it with protein shakes and grille steaks instead?

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Great OT!

I'm literally going to pick this up at 10am tomorrow. I truly hope no one will notice my 30 minutes absence from work while I quickly go to my local game store tomorrow!

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
5.5 hours left for me to dig in, yay! I don't know if I'll be able to throw a curved ball since I cannot even write very well, lol.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Never played a Pokemon game before but that map seems... very small?

It'a roughly a 1:1 recreation of the map from the original 1995 Gameboy Game. Yes, it's ultra small and I think it makes zero sense and feels too packed and nonsensical when translated to 3D.

Any chance they'll add Pokemon from other gens like they did with Go?

They made clear that (aside for Meltan/Melmetal) they won't

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't really understand the part in the OP about Meltan and evolving it. So you transfer any Pokemon you want from Go to Let's Go, then you get a Mystery Box in Go or Let's Go? After that you can catch Meltans for 30 minutes and with the candy you can evolve Meltan, right?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I don't really understand the part in the OP about Meltan and evolving it. So you transfer any Pokemon you want from Go to Let's Go, then you get a Mystery Box in Go or Let's Go? After that you can catch Meltans for 30 minutes and with the candy you can evolve Meltan, right?

You get the Mystery Box in Go, which then works like an incense but for Meltan. Don't expect to catch many in the 30 minutes though, most people are getting about 10. Also you can only do it once a week.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i have turned abit around on this game over the few months, i'm still not gonna be buying on release day but i'll give it a shoot later down the line when i can find a cheaper copy

I dont think they will animate hundreds of pokemon ,but everything possible for sure.

based on footage i have seen the pokemon in the grass are just using there normal walking animation and GF have already made walking animation for every pokemon

they even made them for all the different forms including megas for some reason

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You get the Mystery Box in Go, which then works like an incense but for Meltan. Don't expect to catch many in the 30 minutes though, most people are getting about 10. Also you can only do it once a week.

Allright, got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: Btw, do we know how many candy we need to evolve Meltan?

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Allright, got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: Btw, do we know how many candy we need to evolve Meltan?

I think it was 400, which is standard for some powerful mons in PoGo. At an average of 10 Meltans per week, 3 candies per capture, it's going to take roughly 3 and a half months to get a Melmetal, half as much if you use Pinap Berry in all your captures, a bit less if you stick a Meltan as your companion in PoGo and walk to get extra candies.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
I guess I'll play it, but this is the first time in... forever... that I'm not looking forward to a Pokémon game. I was kinda interested after the initial unveil but eveything we've seen from this game has been killing my hype step by step.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
if its only once a week then nobody is gettting meltan evolved form any time soon seeing as how i believe the number was 400 candies to evolve meltam

R3create

Aug 28, 2018
This will be a nice game to play in between my long read dead sessions. Will be nice to pick up for 30 mins to an hour rather than red dead which i usually play for over 2 hours at a time.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it was 400, which is standard for some powerful mons in PoGo. At an average of 10 Meltans per week, 3 candies per capture, it's going to take roughly 3 and a half months to get a Melmetal, half as much if you use Pinap Berry in all your captures, a bit less if you stick a Meltan as your companion in PoGo and walk to get extra candies.

You can walk for candies and probably use pinap berry from pokemon go. So should be pretty quick if you play a bunch.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Short question about coop, that I didn't find any details about. Is it possible to customize the coop partner as well? I mean, choosing gender, changing cloth etc?

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody know if the physical Japanese version is multi-language or has any kind of IP lock for the online? I have a friend on a trip in Japan and people at stores told him that even though the game will work in the European console, it might give troubles with the online connectivity or something like that. Maybe they're parroting the old "unexpected behaviour when connected to Pokémon games in other languages" from the early gens?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh Melmetal is a great Pokemon but I cannot be bothered to do all that just to get one.

On a more positive note my order was just dispatched so I should be able to start tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna get this for Christmas I think. I always feel kinda sad when I can't join in with an OT at launch, but what can ya do.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
New game torture has begun...only slept 4 hours last night...might be a good thing so I can try to sleep tonight

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Is map size important in Pokemon games though? How many hours to finish the game are we talking about here?

IIRC Red/Blue/Yellow was on the short side and quite straightforward. This was before there were hundreds of monsters to catch/evolve and before a lot of time-consuming mechanics like berries and breeding were in. With PokeGo style catching being a faster encounter than random battles it could be a bit shorter.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, it's midnight on the 16th in NZ as of four minutes ago and the game hasn't unlocked yet. I guess it's not a midnight release in NZ. I think I'll go to bed.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't normally comment on OT titles, but this one...THIS ONE! It's so perfect.

Thanks for the OT!