• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Better than expected, nice.

I'm still not gonna get it, especially with Smash & DMC5 on the horizon. But it's good to see that the game turned out alright.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The sense I'm getting is that if you're a longtime Pokemon fan who has played many of the games and is looking for new experiences this game is not for you.

If you are just a fan of GO or the original GB games and haven't really kept up with the series then you'll probably love this game.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon reviews just like Pokémon did for 20 years, how surprising. Yet era was so sure this was the one that would fail.

I mean I think it'll sell gangbusters and review fine, but personally I feel i'll really dislike it compared to what it could've been. I think that's where a lot of people were down on it.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I might pick one of these games up. Have never played a Pokemon game before... what's the deal with the two games? I'm assuming each is identical except in order to collect all of the Pokemon you need both copies?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao ERA thought this would review bad.

From seeing a couple of the reviews that's what I was expecting. Another good Pokemon game that tries different things.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Decent scores but the review contents themselves scream "not a buy" to me. I'll wait for something new, a somewhat limited sounding nostalgia trip doesn't really appeal to me. I'm sure it'll sell like bonkers though.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Gonna give this a try. Last Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Y but I lost interest about halfway through. Now to decide if I want the PokeBall bundle or not.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't be surprised people are trying to spin all the good reviews into being purely over nostalgia.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
"If you're looking for a Pokémon game designed for the seasoned player, this ain't it, chief. This is a game designed specifically for the kids I'm losing my edge to. This is a game for Pokémon Go players, for people who care more about catching Pokémon than battling them, and the mechanics have changed to suit them."

bah. Think I'll wait for it to go on sale.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Resetera was wrong again!? This isn't the death of Pokémon!!? Who would have thought.

I know, right? Unbelievable.

Gonna give this a try. Last Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Y but I lost interest about halfway through. Now to decide if I want the PokeBall bundle or not.

Same. I played Red on an emulator in middle school, and years later picked up X with my 3DS - ended up dropping it halfway through because it felt like such an unwieldy amalgamation of systems. Hoping this more streamlined game eases me into things.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
As a hardcore Pokemon fan, I know this won't be my favorite Pokemon game ever made, but I'm planning on playing it in coop with my girlfriend the same way I did with Kirby Star Allies, so difficulty won't really matter to me if we're both having fun playing together.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally fine with how this game turned out. Only thing I'm still sour on is not being able to play with my pro controller. Otherwise it looks like fun filler until the next Pokemon title.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Black 2 has an 80 MC and Y has an 88, in case anyone didn't realize reviewers praise style over substance when it comes to Pokemon games.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I do take issue with some of them saying the battles haven't been simplified.

As much as I enjoyed Let's Go from what I played, there's no denying it's been simplified. Most moves aren't in the game, many battle mechanics removed and the Candy system is disgustingly broken, removing all elements of balance.

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
b-b-but muh wild batles! muh content!
Game looks good and plays good, it was always going to get reviews in line with the expectations of the other titles in the series, as always the pokémon fanbase simply overreacting at everything and instantly shutting down all notion of change.

Seeing a lot of reviewers dismissing the huge lack of content and saying "it has nostalgia, so it's fine".

Makes these reviews completely worthless. Seems like most reviewers don't care about gameplay for the Pokémon series as usual -- that explains the low scores for the Mystery Dungeon series, while stuff like this gets a pass.

Nostalgia isn't mark of quality. This just looks alienating for anyone who actually follows the series.

The extent to which the reviews prioritise nostalgia and aesthetics over any kind of substance is astonishing, but I don't know what I expected. Hopefully next year's games are good.

Lmao the salt, maybe the game is good after all?

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017

As much as I enjoyed Let's Go from what I played, there's no denying it's been simplified. Most moves aren't in the game, many battle mechanics removed and the Candy system is disgustingly broken, removing all elements of balance.

Are all the original moves from Yellow in this game?

SuperSonic

Oct 25, 2017
Scores aren't going to convince anyone that was negative about it to buy it. The text confirms everyone's fears and thensome.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Pokemon red/blue/green/yellow but with no random encounters, no HMs, and you can choose to fight when you want to or not automatically makes it the best version for me

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Right along with a lot of the other Pokemon games. And it will be a fun time like all the other Pokemon games.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's because none of those people have ever engaged in the actual depth of the combat systems so they don't notice that it's gone

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I was figuring this would review better than most were expecting. I'd say it will settle somewhere between 78 to 82.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all in for a simplified experience that doesn't rely on grinding, while keeping the classic setting and heart of the franchise. Let's go!

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
ERA:

7cpnu2m.gif