• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
520px-Logo_Pok%C3%A9mon_Let%27s_Go_Pikachu_y_Pok%C3%A9mon_Let%27s_Go_Eevee.png

Release date: 16th November 2018
t1542322800z0.png

strong-man.png

OpenCritic - 82

Metacritic - 81

png

Eurogamer - Recommended
Pokémon's Switch debut deftly toes the line between returning fans and all-new ones, with a few small wobbles along the way.

Kotaku
There is very little new or novel about Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee and Pikachu. Even the divisive new mechanics are cribbed from Pokémon Go. In the end, I don't feel like that matters. It's still Pokémon. It's still a story about learning who you are and what you're capable of, still a chance to become emotionally connected to the creatures who help you on that journey.

NintendoLife 8/10
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! are beautiful reimaginings of a video game classic, updating a 20-year-old game in ways which make it infinitely more accessible and user-friendly for a modern audience, while keeping the magic first discovered all those years ago.

GamesSpot - 8
[...]Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are delightful reimaginings of the series' origins and a deep RPG in their own right. It makes a lot of smart improvements on the original Red, Blue and Yellow while holding on to what made them so special in the first place. Fans of the series might be let down by the lack of features they've come to expect, but Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee take the Pokemon formula in some exciting new directions.

Nintendo Insider - 8
[...]Game Freak's understandable pursuit of accessibility means that this journey doesn't have everything that veteran fans have come to expect, with that lack of longevity and depth to become a sticking point. But, what counts above all else is that it is a fun and memorable experience for all.

Gamecentral - 8
In Short: The perfect introduction to 'proper' Pokémon games for GO players but also an enjoyably nostalgic remake for existing pokéfans.
Pros: A carefully balanced mix of old and new features, in terms of both gameplay and accessibility. As addictive as ever and the depth of combat and customisation remains impressive.
Cons: Very low-tech graphics and generally cheap-looking presentation. Limited online options. The series' traditional lack of any artificial intelligence is still a problem.

IGN - 8.3

GameXplain

More Reviews:
Pokémon Let's Go Haters
Score:
Screen_Shot_2018-11-06_at_3.13.34_PM.jpg

Thanks to Serebii for compiling reviews, made it easier for me to find them :D

Last edited:

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Decent reviews so far, a bit better than I was expecting. Looking forward to getting stuck in on Friday.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These reviews are shockingly good, I was fully expecting it to be swimming in sixes after all the impressions I had heard from the hardcore pokepro's.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, pretty good. Was expecting low 70's but everyone seems to agree that it's cute and fun. Even Gamekult has gone soft for it.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen shit about this besides the original trailer and have it preordered but is coop playable from the very beginning?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Gamexplain liked it:

I'm actually pretty sure this review swayed me, wasn't gonna buy it before.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So far the reviews seem to be positive. The Kotaku reviewer was brought to tears at the end lol.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No surprise here, the nostalgia is strong in this one!
Let's see how that's translate into sales.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a lot of reviewers dismissing the huge lack of content and saying "it has nostalgia, so it's fine".

Makes these reviews completely worthless. Seems like most reviewers don't care about gameplay for the Pokémon series as usual -- that explains the low scores for the Mystery Dungeon series, while stuff like this gets a pass.

Nostalgia isn't mark of quality. This just looks alienating for anyone who actually follows the series.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon reviews just like Pokémon did for 20 years, how surprising. Yet era was so sure this was the one that would fail.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
The extent to which the reviews prioritise nostalgia and aesthetics over any kind of substance is astonishing, but I don't know what I expected. Hopefully next year's games are good.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Solid 8 out of 10 everywhere. Nice. Eager to see what the most "hardcore" fanbase have to say about it.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone surprised?
It's Pokemon, it'll review and play out just fine.
Expecting anything else is laughable.

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
I like that at least some aren't 100% positive about the catching mechanics, the lack of things like GTS and how much the game doesn't show any kind of challenge. Also post game.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon reviews just like Pokémon did for 20 years, how surprising. Yet era was so sure this was the one that would fail.
It's a worse game than the GBA remake of these same titles, so yes. We expect people to have higher standards and not just give scores because they saw characters from their childhood in a screen.

Pepin

Oct 27, 2017
London
Daily Star Online has it at 4/5

Pokemon Let's Go is a good game. It's endlessly playable, deliciously nostalgic and the best-looking Pokemon game to date.

Iterations to the catching system and the overworld are changes we deeply hope to see continue in the series as we press into new territory, and the dedication and care in the world is nothing short of inspiring. This is clearly a game made by Pokemon fans - and you can feel that in every detail in the world.

The battle system is actually simpler than previous games thanks to the removal of features, but that's offset by the fun, engaging capture mechanics that the title uses from Pokemon GO.

Pokemon Let's Go is a crucial addition for any RPG fan on Switch. Its simple and straightforward setup is all part of the charm - the most beautiful Pokemon experience yet is going to be appealing to you if you're a total newcomer to the series, or if you've been playing for the better part of 20 years like this reviewer.

There's beauty in simplicity, and even though Pokemon might have some major strides in its generation-spanning history, Pokemon Let's Go takes the franchise back to basics... and in doing so, actually shows off just how decent the original games were.

jaksek

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Performance issues. Fucking GameFreak. I know hate is a strong word, but I just can't phantom how this abysmal company can make a game, which looks LIKE THAT, and still have it drop framerate.

Mothefuckers. As much as I love pokemon, I hate them.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Seeing a lot of reviewers dismissing the huge lack of content and saying "it has nostalgia, so it's fine".

Makes these reviews completely worthless. Seems like most reviewers don't care about gameplay for the Pokémon series as usual -- that explains the low scores for the Mystery Dungeon series, while stuff like this gets a pass.

Nostalgia isn't mark of quality. This just looks alienating for anyone who actually follows the series.
Pssssst all reviews

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
for context, omega ruby is 83 on meta and ultra sun is 84

seems right in line with other games in the series