• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That's fair. You can also see it as a blessing in disguise. To be honest, tiers have been way too bloated for too long. When you have Ubers, OU, UU, RU, NU and PU and all the different banlists inbetween, it gets ridiculous. The fact that Scizor is in UU is kind of insane.

I agree the fan tier lists are really stupid and I competitively play

It should be

Ubers
Everything else

And all legendaries and mythical should be in Ubers and anything that can breed should be in Everything else

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's been pretty embarrassing in every Let's Go thread. You apparently aren't allowed be disappointed.
You are absolutely allowed to be disappointed. But, a after 6+ months of people constantly complaining about how disappointed they are, it just honestly gets old. After 6 months, we get it! Doesn't help that for several people, it's the same people over and over.

Take a look at the following thread: "Pokemon Let's Go haters attack Youtubers for liking the games"
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokemon-lets-go-haters-attack-youtubers-for-liking-the-games.77015/

Look at how many got banned. So many people turned a thread ABOUT people being shitty and decided to be shitty themselves and start blaming Masuda and others...

I'm not saying you did this, or some others here. But after so many times, there is only so much we can take. Esp with the main Gen 8 game literally coming in 1 year exactly,..

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's been pretty embarrassing in every Let's Go thread. You apparently aren't allowed be disappointed.
At which point of disappointment one becomes emotionally invested to the point of hoping the game fails and getting salty when it doesn't? How is gatekeeping and literally questioning the validity of reviews just being disappointed?

It's obviously okay to be disappointed. But people have been complaining about the same stuff like a broken record since the announcement. It's run right past disappointment into hatred.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
We have no idea how that game will turn out and if it'll leave out features like the National Dex again, or simply not be content filled to be worth $60. That's why we aren't blindly excited for the next one since we'd like to see something hopeful from it rather than "it plays like the older games" (which isn't LGPE's problem for me, it's the difficulty/content)

If you have no idea, why get mad now? Wait until you have a reason to be angry, to actually be angry.

GF announced the gen 8 the same date they announced the Lets Go series. Why? To ensure the traditional fans wont be left out.

And they alreadybsaid that the 2019 game will follow the traditional main line game.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No one is saying you can't be disappointed, but seeing the same posters in every single LGPE thread talking about how GF are bastardising the good name of Pokemon got tiresome months ago. We've known exactly what this game is for a very long time now, and there comes a point where people should have just realised they're not going to like it and moved on. Spending literal months complaining about the game at every single opportunity, when you already know you're not going buy it, is extremely grating. Every thread about LGPE, including the hype thread, gets hijacked by "core fans" complaining about how the game isn't what they want it to be for the umpteenth time.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I see that the impressions of the Pokéball Plus are mixed, mostly because of the lack of inputs and the main button being the clickable stick. I'm a little disapointed in that regard.

Hopefully it's not so bad and my son likes it regardless because I'm buying it for him. Can you believe I got the game for 50 CAD but the damn ball is 65 CAD... (meaning I save only 5 bucks from the bundle)
Yeah I'm getting my daughter the bundle with the Poké ball. She wants it for mew. I'll probably cancel my poke ball order since I'm not a big mew fan.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm criticizing the text (for some of these), not the scores. "It has nostalgia, so the flaws don't matter" isn't something I can agree with.

Man, just, stop. For your sake. You are getting riled up over the most insignificant things. What for you can be "flaws", for others could be a good thing. Salty people in here cry about the "lack of content", but they haven't sit down and think "maybe this lack of content and simple game style can be better suited for other people who are not me" or maybe, just maybe, just let people enjoy this different kind of game and wait for your "complete experience" until next year. It is not gonna nor should kill you. Like, relax man. Is just videogames, and everyone should be able to enjoy them.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah, people called these hardcore players as gatekeeping, but I haven't seen any one of them wish for past pokemon and mechanics to be removed in a main line game. It was genwunners wishing for a reboot to happen to get rid of them. These argurments were real, and people were serious about them.

83da85455e8e0d44650bd06b7e5dd808b8c71d16_hq.jpg
r46nvgd1rh011.jpg
God, that image hurts my soul.

Probably what I hate most about Let's Go is that it's basically giving these people what they want,

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
I agree the fan tier lists are really stupid and I competitively play

It should be

Ubers
Everything else

And all legendaries and mythical should be in Ubers and anything that can breed should be in Everything else

the point of smogon is that every Pokemon can be used in a metagame where they are viable

Oct 27, 2017
On DS

D/P - 85
Pl - 83
HG/SS - 87
B/W - 87
B2/W2 - 80

Platinum and B2/W2 are two of the most liked games, and they are the worst rated.

On 3DS

X/Y - 88
OR/AS - 83
S/M - 87
US/UM - 84

X/Y is universally considered the weakest of the 3DS games (and probably the weakest, period) and it's the best rated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For the life of me I'll never understand what metrics reviewers use to judge Pokemon games. I always roll my eyes at claims that certain series are given leniency when it comes to reviews, but as a big Pokemon fan, I honestly think it is the big example of one. I try to think I can assess the various games "somewhat" objectively, so when seeing XY so high when the only things it did well compared to games up to that point were 3D, the PSS and the typical QOL improvements every new game introduces is absurd to me. Now I see reviews for this so far placing it above B2/W2? Come on...come the fuck on

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Wild that people are excited for a game that looks like a mobile remake of RBY with less content and are fine with paying more money than they ever have for a Pokemon game simply because they can get their cheap nostalgia tickle.

Couldn't be me.

Nostalgia is a really potent sensation. It's kinda telling that the majority of the reviews say that the game has flaws, some even pointing out the lack of depth and longevity, but it's worth it because of the nostalgia of revisiting Kanto.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Reviewing better than I expected. I've had my expectations in check so its an encouraging sign. Looking forward to playing a Pokemon game on my TV

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A month or so ago they confirmed you could just throw with a button press in handheld mode. The gyro is not turned off though, so some movement of the console can affect the camera motion I believe.

Yeah, I remember that thread. I was just hoping to see it in action. I don't know how to express exactly what I'm looking for in the footage I would like to see but something like the bare minimum/maximum type of thing if I can't keep my hands still.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Gameblog pays hommage to Masuda, director of the games and Pokemon Black & White, Diamond & Pearl, FireRed & Leaf Green, Ruby& Saphire.

Far from a simple 3D "remodelization" for a more powerful, yet still portable home system, Pokémon: Let's Go not only refreshes the series' very first adventure, but also reflects the long journey since then, by wisely integrating evolutions such as Pokemon Go's capture system or partners in order to improve the modernity, accessibility and conviviality of the formula. A fantastic way to (re)start Pokémon, and a glorious conclusion for Junichi Masuda as director.

Oct 26, 2017
You are absolutely allowed to be disappointed. But, a after 6+ months of people constantly complaining about how disappointed they are, it just honestly gets old. After 6 months, we get it! Doesn't help that for several people, it's the same people over and over.

Take a look at the following thread: "Pokemon Let's Go haters attack Youtubers for liking the games"
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokemon-lets-go-haters-attack-youtubers-for-liking-the-games.77015/

Look at how many got banned. So many people turned a thread ABOUT people being shitty and decided to be shitty themselves and start blaming Masuda and others...

I'm not saying you did this, or some others here. But after so many times, there is only so much we can take. Esp with the main Gen 8 game literally coming in 1 year exactly,..
You know it works the other way too. There's been people in these thread posting legitimate grievences with the game and getting shouted down by people looking forward to it and told "oh but there's another game coming next year" which yes, there apparently is but we have no information about.

I love Pokémon, have done since I was 8, this isn't what I wanted. I'm not one of the people that wanted it to fail, if people enjoy and love the game that's great. But it's not the Pokémon game I want and throughout the last few threads I haven't really wanted to post any of my thoughts on the game because it's the same damn "hardcore gatekeeping" in every one.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wild that people are excited for a game that looks like a mobile remake of RBY with less content and are fine with paying more money than they ever have for a Pokemon game simply because they can get their cheap nostalgia tickle.

Couldn't be me.

Errr... correct me if I'm wrong but this has a good deal MORE content than RBY. Unless you're counting wild battles as content.

A lot of people are worried that if this does well they'll either abandon the traditional games after Gen 8 or replace the traditional remakes with Let's Go.

I mean, if this game sells very well and the gen 8 game sells poorly in comparison... then maybe I can see that being a worry. But until that happens (and it won't, gen 8 will sell fantastically) I don't think this is a reasonable concern at this point in time.

Yeah, I remember that thread. I was just hoping to see it in action. I don't know how to express exactly what I'm looking for in the footage I would like to see but something like the bare minimum/maximum type of thing if I can't keep my hands still.

Yeah I'm curious about how it works too. Ideally motion will not be required for anything in the game and hopefully just moving the camera a bit won't actually affect anything. But it would certainly be nice to get clarification on the controls from someone with a review copy.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Given that someone brought up the discrepancy between spin offs and mainline entries, I am glad reviewers settled the score and confirmed that GameFreak was correct, this is a mainline title.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
the point of smogon is that every Pokemon can be used in a metagame where they are viable

Some Pokemon are just weak and no one wants to use them. Putting down all these silly rules and grids just sucks all the joy from it, especially when the Official Pokemon tournament doesn't use them

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I was never expecting poor reviews. Poke'mon always gets positive reviews, even when it doesn't deserve it (in my opinion). I thought Sun and Moon were like 6/10 games. I'm still gunna try Let's GO out for myself. If nothing else, for that sweet nostalgia.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
If you have no idea, why get mad now? Wait until you have a reason to be angry, to actually be angry.

GF announced the gen 8 the same date they announced the Lets Go series. Why? To ensure the traditional fans wont be left out.

And they alreadybsaid that the 2019 game will follow the traditional main line game.

I don't care if it's to use the same gameplay style, since LGPE removing a few things like the encounters and wild battles didn't bug me too much for a one off thing. I actually thought the field battles reminded me a lot of Lufia, which I found very cool.

It's the lower difficulty I dislike and the removal of some features for apparently being complicated, yet they keep Natures and a form of EV/IVs despite them being so stupidly complicated I gladly welcome ways to streamline them like with hyper/super training. It's not consistent and it seems they just dumb select parts down for the heck of it and treat kids as if they can't handle even a mild challenge.

Them saying "hey it'll be like the older games in 2019" doesn't mean much until next year so until then I'll hold my doubts, since ORAS was in the same style and that's easily the worst Pokemon game I've ever played and the one that disappointed me the most. Thus, I'm not gonna take that reassurance as a sign of faith until next year, so I'm gonna treat next year like the unknown it is

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Reviewers : Decent pokemon games catering to newcomers and Pokemon GO fans that will serve as a nice entry point for the franchise. Not intended for the hardcore playerbase.
Hardcore playerbase : Why isn't it catering to meeeeeeee. Reviewers are CLUELESS !

Honestly, I'm not interested in the Let's go games and waiting for 2019 myself but it seems like the same people on ResetEra have been shitting on the games for months now. If those games are a success to me that just means Gamefreaks doing more the let's go games in parallel with the core pokemon games, allowing more time to polish both series. Though that's just speculation on my part, like most of the doom and gloom I'm reading here.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
What Let's Go threads have you been in? It's mainly been the same 5 posters telling everyone how bad these games are and how anyone who likes them is a braindead moron. Surprise surprise they're popping up in this thread too.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I know I want to get the game, I just need to decide if I want the Plus ball thing. Ugh, I want Mew, but I don't know if it's worth the extra $40.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Some Pokemon are just weak and no one wants to use them. Putting down all these silly rules and grids just sucks all the joy from it, especially when the Official Pokemon tournament doesn't use them

You can still play Pokemons from a lower tier in OU or Uber. I don't seem to understand your argument.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I want to get the game, I just need to decide if I want the Plus ball thing. Ugh, I want Mew, but I don't know if it's worth the extra $40.

It's probably not worth it for Mew, but I've ordered it because it's a sweet looking controller.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Errr... correct me if I'm wrong but this has a good deal MORE content than RBY. Unless you're counting wild battles as content.
Oh boy it has more content than an 20 year old 11 MB game, I knew Gamefreak could pull it off.

Yet despite this it seems to have even less content than the Johto Remakes on DS while costing more.

Nov 13, 2017
Meh, I think I'll buy it. My RBY nostalgia is too powerful.

Is there any real difference between the two versions, or is it just the box art?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Gameblog pays hommage to Masuda, director of the games and Pokemon Black & White, Diamond & Pearl, FireRed & Leaf Green, Ruby& Saphire.
but also reflects the long journey since then, by wisely integrating evolutions such as Pokemon Go's capture system or partners in order to improve the modernity
Nothing says "reflecting the long journey since then" like ditching 99% of the constant game elements and replacing them mechanics from a mobile game.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
You know you can play unrated, and not follow these rules? Tiers exist for people who want to viably use their favorites, without getting curb stomped.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy it has more content than an 20 year old 11 MB game, I knew Gamefreak could pull it off.

Yet despite this it seems to have even less content than the Johto Remakes on DS despite costing more.

Well at least we agree that what you said originally was wrong. I don't disagree with the rest.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yet despite this it seems to have even less content than the Johto Remakes on DS despite costing more.

You: This remake has less content than the original
Someone else: Actually I think it has more
You: WELL WHOOP DEE DOO BUT IT HAS LESS CONTENT THAN OTHER GAMES

Come on dude.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, people called these hardcore players as gatekeeping, but I haven't seen any one of them wish for past pokemon and mechanics to be removed in a main line game. It was genwunners wishing for a reboot to happen to get rid of them. These argurments were real, and people were serious about them.

83da85455e8e0d44650bd06b7e5dd808b8c71d16_hq.jpg
r46nvgd1rh011.jpg

Those pics are super misleading. Every gen (including gen 1) had some shit designs and some good designs. The person who made this cherry picked some really good designs from gen 1 and really bad designs from later gens. (Except garchomp, that person is just wrong, great design)